C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are your thoughts on this potential purchase?

Old 08-17-2017, 09:31 AM

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Lexus GS 350 F-Sport
What are your thoughts on this potential purchase?

I am considering purchasing this car:

http://www.audisarasota.com/used/Mer...01efd065b0.htm

According to the dealer, the original owner is one of their best customers and wanted their first Audi RS3. It was taking longer than expected to arrive, so he bought the C63 and then traded it when the RS3 arrived a few months later.

The dealer's initial offer is $72,900. What do you think my target price should be if I negotiate further?

My hesitation is buying a used car that won't be a CPO and one I cannot test drive since I am two states away. The mileage is so low, though, and it has all the options and colors I am looking for.

Any help/feedback you guys can provide would be great.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:43 AM

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
2018 E63S
Originally Posted by UniversalGC
I am considering purchasing this car:

http://www.audisarasota.com/used/Mer...01efd065b0.htm

According to the dealer, the original owner is one of their best customers and wanted their first Audi RS3. It was taking longer than expected to arrive, so he bought the C63 and then traded it when the RS3 arrived a few months later.

The dealer's initial offer is $72,900. What do you think my target price should be if I negotiate further?

My hesitation is buying a used car that won't be a CPO and one I cannot test drive since I am two states away. The mileage is so low, though, and it has all the options and colors I am looking for.

Any help/feedback you guys can provide would be great.
That's nearly 14% off invoice for what is essentially a brand new car. I would imagine you could get a wee bit better discount given that it's MY2017.

Here's how I'd negotiate something like this:

Start by offering them 20% off, $70,500. Point out that, although it's low miles, it is MY17 and not CPO. Sweeten the pot with something, maybe you'll pay all cash, maybe you'll put an immediate $5,000 deposit down and take the car off the lot within 72 hours or something. There's a cost to the dealer in holding a car like this, let's call it 1% of the car's value per month, so they want to move it.

They'll counter at maybe 14% or 15%, thinking their current price is already sweet. Keep offering 20%, be firm but respectful and sincere. Reiterate that you're willing to put earnest money down immediately, right now, over the phone. Nothing gives a salesperson the tingles like the word "now". And I've had Audis, their sales folks are generally pretty solid, neither pushy nor stupid, and they'll try to work something out with you.

Do it right and you could get 16 - 18% off.

I've negotiated car purchases over the internet several times, it's very doable.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:49 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
Too high

I think it is way too expensive. I got a little over 10% off my MY2017 Convertible in March, brand-new.

This is not new. Low mileage is great, but still not new.

Well-equipped, which is nice.

25% or more, for me.
Old 08-18-2017, 03:18 PM

Lexus GS 350 F-Sport
Thanks for the input. I put a deposit down on the car today. Not sure I got the absolute best deal but I feel pretty good about it overall. The car will be delivered via enclosed trailer around the middle of next week.

I am excited. This was the car I wanted from the beginning, but it was more than I wanted to spend had I ordered it new. To get it with less than 800 miles for over 20% off MSRP and to get it quickly versus waiting on a factory order makes me happy.

This will be my first German car. I've always had Japanese cars and will be coming from 2014 Lexus GS350 F-Sport. It's been a good car but I know the C63 is a completely different beast.

I will post some pictures once it arrives.
Old 08-18-2017, 07:39 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'18 C63 S Coupe
What % off did you end up getting?
Old 08-18-2017, 07:44 PM

Lexus GS 350 F-Sport
Originally Posted by muppet22
What % off did you end up getting?
Just over 20 percent. I felt like towards the end of the negotiation I could have held out for a little bit more, but I was tired of messing around and just pulled the trigger. The Audi dealership has been great to deal with.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
'18 C63 S Coupe
Ah cool