MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   AWE TUNING TRACK EXHAUST C63s HELP NEEDED!! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/680368-awe-tuning-track-exhaust-c63s-help-needed.html)

Rezaul_C63S 08-25-2017 06:18 PM

AWE TUNING TRACK EXHAUST C63s HELP NEEDED!!

Hey guys i am thinking about ordering the track exhaust from AWE tuning but i am still on the fence about it. I know it isnt an FI or IPE or armytrix etc but i feel like its worth its 1.7cad price tag. I just recently unwrapped a 5k wrap and i tbh regret it but it had to be done, it was starting to look like **** lol
but anyways so it isnt worth for me to drop 5k on an FI exhaust rn so please let me know what you guys think.
also i know they offer a switchpath exhaust but i honestly dont care for the car to be "quiet" at certain times. but yea okay please let me know guys
thanks.

digitalnav 08-25-2017 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Rezaul_C63S (Post 7249483)
Hey guys i am thinking about ordering the track exhaust from AWE tuning but i am still on the fence about it. I know it isnt an FI or IPE or armytrix etc but i feel like its worth its 1.7cad price tag. I just recently unwrapped a 5k wrap and i tbh regret it but it had to be done, it was starting to look like **** lol
but anyways so it isnt worth for me to drop 5k on an FI exhaust rn so please let me know what you guys think.
also i know they offer a switchpath exhaust but i honestly dont care for the car to be "quiet" at certain times. but yea okay please let me know guys
thanks.

I run the switchpath which is pretty much track when valves are open.

I ****ing love the thing. Its half the price of others and sounds as good, if not better.

Peep my YouTube for videos.

RDO247 08-26-2017 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Rezaul_C63S (Post 7249483)
thanks.

Im running the Track Edition Exhaust and love it.

Rezaul_C63S 08-26-2017 10:59 PM

Think I'm gonna get it!

alright thanks for the input guys, i am gonna order it asap

Josh/AWE 08-28-2017 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by RDO247 (Post 7250150)
Im running the Track Edition Exhaust and love it.

https://youtu.be/tc6X6MyjvX4

Sounds phenomenal!

black63s 08-28-2017 02:30 PM

I ended up going with the armytrix system because they offer hatless downpipes as well so did the whole turbo back kit.

RDO247 08-28-2017 04:34 PM

Checkout this video, I took the car for a short drive so it gives the exhaust sound under all different conditions.

Around the block, up the street, idling at the lights, taking off from the lights, short run on the gas, down the highway.

It a bit long, 12 minutes but sounds awesome imo...

You can't go wrong with AWE and they give great customer service even internationally.

Let me me know what you think.

DSawyer63 12-31-2017 02:20 PM

Track Edition is well worth the money! I have catless downpipes and upgraded turbos and mine is still bearable to daily drive.
Excellent build quality too.

IPE is quieter than stock Performance Exhaust.

ruey220 01-07-2018 02:15 AM

i run the track exhaust and i love it. i do feel it still can be louder.

RDO247 01-07-2018 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by ruey220 (Post 7351646)
i run the track exhaust and i love it. i do feel it still can be louder.

Get downpipes, no cats LOAD, I had to fit cats to quieten it down some and kill the exhaust fumes.

Absolutely perfect now...

Turns heads left right and centre.

Start up, idling at the lights, low revs through the under cover parking lot and full throttle will put a smile on your face everytime.

Rezaul_C63S 01-07-2018 03:40 AM

ALREADY GOT THE EXHAUST!!

i actually already got the exhaust, been running it since summer and I love it, it does drone in the cabin but that doesn’t bother me. as for catless dps, I do plan on getting em but if it IS too loud I’ll prolly get the mufflers for the exhaust since they offer the conversion kit. but ya thanks for all the input guys!

M-This-MD 11-13-2018 01:18 AM

Please help me because I've been stopping myself from ordering the switchpath exhaust because in videos it doesn't sound that much louder but I see a lot of ppl say they love it just don't wanna give all this cash if its not gonna be loud please help thank you

bgm130 11-13-2018 10:04 AM

its a much deeper sound and louder under load. i was very happy with it for 2 years before i decided to get catless Dp. now with the valves open its VERY loud.

M-This-MD 11-13-2018 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by bgm130 (Post 7602165)
its a much deeper sound and louder under load. i was very happy with it for 2 years before i decided to get catless Dp. now with the valves open its VERY loud.

i heard downpipes are so much money to install how much did it cost you if you don’t mind me asking

raudiace4 11-13-2018 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by M-This-MD (Post 7602526)

i heard downpipes are so much money to install how much did it cost you if you don’t mind me asking

Only if you don't want to cut the stock ones out. If you don't care about keeping stock ones, it's not a trans out job.

bgm130 11-13-2018 03:34 PM

the stock DP have 2 large Cats top and bottom. they cannot be pulled out once they are unbolted unless you remove the transmission. If you cut them which i had done they can pull them out the top and out the bottom around the trans. once the stock ones are removed the new ones are able to slip right in. shops will do 2-4 hours for the removal/install so figure <$500. i had numerous things done at the same time so not sure my exact number.

M-This-MD 11-13-2018 03:39 PM

Originally Posted by bgm130 (Post 7602566)
the stock DP have 2 large Cats top and bottom. they cannot be pulled out once they are unbolted unless you remove the transmission. If you cut them which i had done they can pull them out the top and out the bottom around the trans. once the stock ones are removed the new ones are able to slip right in. shops will do 2-4 hours for the removal/install so figure <$500. i had numerous things done at the same time so not sure my exact number.

wow that’s awesome .. so your saying I should buy the exhaust