Sponsored by:

C Class new interior???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 10:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi
C Class new interior???

Hey guys, today at Frankfurt Mercedes launched a new version of the GLC. Take a look at the digital dash and the "Ipad screen":
https://www.mercedes-benz.com/en/mer...ew-glc-f-cell/

Do you think it will be the same for the new C Class next year?
Old 09-12-2017, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 193 Likes on 152 Posts
2016 GLE63s / 2016 E63s / 2002 E55
The following users liked this post:
C63s4Lyfe (09-13-2017)
Old 09-13-2017, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti G37S
Looks pretty good I suppose. Does the wider display lose a bit of height?

Also, not sure how I feel about the rotary knob controller being removed in the center control stack.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:48 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by rony38

Do you think it will be the same for the new C Class next year?
It will be the same for the mid life updated C Class YES !!! this and all the other goodies is what some of us are waiting for, ie. a 205 series actually worth buying

Not sure however of the timeline ie. next year or not, AFAIK the new C Class basic range models will be released mid-late next year but the AMG variants will be a little later on.
Old 09-13-2017, 10:49 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by C63s4Lyfe
Looks pretty good I suppose. Does the wider display lose a bit of height?
Same height, just wider
Old 09-14-2017, 01:34 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
2005 E55 Wagon, 2017 C63S Cab, 1986 560SL
I expected more. The 'ipad glued to the dash' look is ugly.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:50 PM

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 C63S Sedan
I like this better than that super long one piece screen in the E-Class.
Old 09-14-2017, 03:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 344 Likes on 206 Posts
2017 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by AV1
It will be the same for the mid life updated C Class YES !!! this and all the other goodies is what some of us are waiting for, ie. a 205 series actually worth buying

Not sure however of the timeline ie. next year or not, AFAIK the new C Class basic range models will be released mid-late next year but the AMG variants will be a little later on.

please describe why you wouldnt buy a w205 currently. and why they are not worth buying. just curious.
The following users liked this post:
AMGSuperSaloon (12-07-2017)
Old 09-14-2017, 06:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by Star4life
please describe why you wouldnt buy a w205 currently. and why they are not worth buying. just curious.
Curious as well. A small facelift isn't worth waiting 2.5+ years. If AMG significantly upgrades the drivetrain and suspension, adds some extra power, etc... I can see it being worthwhile. But switching from analog to digital gauges and little interior/exterior tweaks here and there wouldn't make me wait out for the facelift.

I will say that if the facelift comes with the panamericana grill, I'll be a little envious. But I'd put money on a retrofit becoming available for pre-facelift cars.
Old 09-14-2017, 10:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 258 Likes on 225 Posts
AMG C63s
That's some nice upgrades!

I'm sorry waiting for a face-lift 2/3 years is a bit much (not to mention another few months after placing your order), might as well wait for the next gen and get a complete upgrade.

In 2/3 years I'll be looking to update more than the dash, a bigger screen and some minor cosmetic upgrades lol
Old 09-14-2017, 10:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
I love my C205

For the money (and league) I would get the same car again, there is nothing that has come close to it IMO.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:38 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
Curious as well. A small facelift isn't worth waiting 2.5+ years. If AMG significantly upgrades the drivetrain and suspension, adds some extra power, etc... I can see it being worthwhile. But switching from analog to digital gauges and little interior/exterior tweaks here and there wouldn't make me wait out for the facelift.

I will say that if the facelift comes with the panamericana grill, I'll be a little envious. But I'd put money on a retrofit becoming available for pre-facelift cars.
Originally Posted by Sanch
That's some nice upgrades!

I'm sorry waiting for a face-lift 2/3 years is a bit much (not to mention another few months after placing your order), might as well wait for the next gen and get a complete upgrade.

In 2/3 years I'll be looking to update more than the dash, a bigger screen and some minor cosmetic upgrades lol
My philosophy on this one is simple as stated previously I'm wanting the best iteration of any vehicle I'm interested in and that usually means those produced towards the end of a model cycle run, that's where the latest/most evolved tech, design, hardware options, refinement etc. etc. are to be had for the same or similar outlay as the first release, I'm not waiting longer as stated above I'm simply going from end of model cycle run to end of model cycle run different to what you folk above have chosen to do - each to their own

What we know of interior wise: updated digital dash, better connectivity,better interface functionality, bigger screen, updated steering wheel, possibly also coming: better HUD, updated seats (possibly lifted from E Class) and a wider options list hopefully comprising Designo items.

Exterior wise: updated front end similar to current design on A45/CLA45 and new E63, updated rear with new 4 fin diffusor updated headlights (lifted from new E Class) updated rear tail light graphics, all external plastic panels will be painted not left in awful natural plastic finish, possibly also coming new and hopefully better looking wheel choices.

Drive train: new 9sp MCT as used on new E63 (but RWD only) AFAIK engine spec same as current AMG GTC, possibly also coming revised or new better suspension for both better ride and handling.

I'm sure there'll be more but personally for me that above is already more than enough to want the update over the current or initial release.

Come the 206 series and it turns out to be another winner (I'm sure it will) the end 205 series product will see me through to the latter/end release of the new future 206, rather than taking up initial releases which are always bettered down the line...simple well for me anyway
Old 09-17-2017, 10:00 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AV1
I'm wanting the best iteration of any vehicle I'm interested in and that usually means those produced towards the end of a model cycle run, that's where the latest/most evolved tech, design, hardware options, refinement etc. etc.
Agree. I do the same. I prefer to buy all cars after the mid cycle refresh. IMO, the refresh makes the initial chassis look somewhat outdated.
Old 09-17-2017, 11:18 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by E55 KEV
Agree. I do the same. I prefer to buy all cars after the mid cycle refresh. IMO, the refresh makes the initial chassis look somewhat outdated.
Totally true - I've learned this the hard way in the past buying initial release only to feel left short and wishing I'd waited after the mid life update releases, not only MB but across all car makes.

This has now been the case especially over the past couple of MB models I've been involved with of both C and A class ranges.

Speaking only regarding exterior changes if you look at the mid life update in the previous 204 series minor cosmetic exterior changes as they may appear to be on paper, in my eyes transformed the look of the vehicle and instantly dated the initial release, the coupe which I was waiting for and introduced at the mid life cycle also used interior parts lifted directly from the same model year E Class.

Same for the mid life updated A Class AMG's, front and rear exterior changes alone have transformed it into a much better looking and modern vehicle compared to initial release, on top of that a lot more was improved and updated which for me makes the initial release superfluous.
Old 09-18-2017, 01:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG C63s
Originally Posted by AV1
Totally true - I've learned this the hard way in the past buying initial release only to feel left short and wishing I'd waited after the mid life update releases, not only MB but across all car makes.

This has now been the case especially over the past couple of MB models I've been involved with of both C and A class ranges.

Speaking only regarding exterior changes if you look at the mid life update in the previous 204 series minor cosmetic exterior changes as they may appear to be on paper, in my eyes transformed the look of the vehicle and instantly dated the initial release, the coupe which I was waiting for and introduced at the mid life cycle also used interior parts lifted directly from the same model year E Class.

Same for the mid life updated A Class AMG's, front and rear exterior changes alone have transformed it into a much better looking and modern vehicle compared to initial release, on top of that a lot more was improved and updated which for me makes the initial release superfluous.
AV1 def feeling the new digital dash looks epic!

Old 09-18-2017, 04:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Both W212 AMG Chassis. Before and after facelift:

Old 09-18-2017, 10:41 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by Sanch
AV1 def feeling the new digital dash looks epic!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZADU...X_PbeinSLyfA-6
Agree it's awesome and about time car manufacturers are finally advancing the main interface of any vehicle ie the humble dash display going all digital and away from analogue - love it.

Full digital dash displays will become common across the board in no time, hopefully (fingers crossed) MB seriously update the HUD on their cars soon too

Both W212 AMG Chassis. Before and after facelift:

Mega, that's totally transformed the look and appeal of that model...
Old 12-04-2017, 11:03 PM

C450 AMG
Have all of you seen the New A Class Interior!!! Screw the F Cell digital interior. How are they going to give the S, E and A classes a full dual panel display and NOT give it to the C Class facelift!! Benz better show up with a dual panel display at Geneva.

Also those new C tai lights are ugly as hell. The current ones are so much nicer. Damn, Merc is doing so well with every model. Except C!

I just want the current exterior with a dual panel interior! New headlights are fine too!!

You guys think the C will get the dual panel?!

Originally Posted by AV1

Old 12-05-2017, 05:43 AM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by m0neybags
Have all of you seen the New A Class Interior!!! Screw the F Cell digital interior. How are they going to give the S, E and A classes a full dual panel display and NOT give it to the C Class facelift!! Benz better show up with a dual panel display at Geneva.

Also those new C tai lights are ugly as hell. The current ones are so much nicer. Damn, Merc is doing so well with every model. Except C!

I just want the current exterior with a dual panel interior! New headlights are fine too!!

You guys think the C will get the dual panel?!
Yes, saw it just last week and it looks fantastic - a combination of new S Class (dash screens) and new E Class Coupe (vents) love the frameless or shroudless displays

That is going to be a feature of the brand new model A Class range, the current A Class has already gone through its mid life update.

Those items will not feature on the upcoming mid life updated C Class, the new C Class is slated for 2021 and then you'll see a major step up in a similar direction of what this new A Class will have.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 amg c43 cabriolet
the new c class dash. Someone said the ipad tacked to dash is ugly, its not IMO. I like it. Someone do a survey on indash vs 'tacked on' screen. Tacked on will always be more accessible and convenient IMO, avoids having to look down.
Old 12-05-2017, 11:31 AM

C450 AMG
I know I know man, but cooooome on, really? They are going to have S, E and New A Class (rumoured to be coming to North America next year) available here, and not change the ugly C dash for 3! More! Years! Why god why?

That's a kick in the ***** to know the soccer mom in her A Class is living it up in style while I have to keep looking at cheap android tablet (the current design is an insult to iPads).

Looking to get into a 43 next year when my lease is up. If they go F Cell digital interior then I'm going to order one of the last pre facelift chassis. The tailights are much nicer and I'd rather have squared up tablet then that wide one. IMO. Hopefully get a good deal on it at the end of first half of life cycle.

Originally Posted by AV1
Yes, saw it just last week and it looks fantastic - a combination of new S Class (dash screens) and new E Class Coupe (vents) love the frameless or shroudless displays

That is going to be a feature of the brand new model A Class range, the current A Class has already gone through its mid life update.

Those items will not feature on the upcoming mid life updated C Class, the new C Class is slated for 2021 and then you'll see a major step up in a similar direction of what this new A Class will have.
Old 12-05-2017, 01:53 PM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
2016 Cardinal Red AMG C63 S
Originally Posted by AV1
My philosophy on this one is simple as stated previously I'm wanting the best iteration of any vehicle I'm interested in and that usually means those produced towards the end of a model cycle run, that's where the latest/most evolved tech, design, hardware options, refinement etc. etc. are to be had for the same or similar outlay as the first release, I'm not waiting longer as stated above I'm simply going from end of model cycle run to end of model cycle run different to what you folk above have chosen to do - each to their own

What we know of interior wise: updated digital dash, better connectivity,better interface functionality, bigger screen, updated steering wheel, possibly also coming: better HUD, updated seats (possibly lifted from E Class) and a wider options list hopefully comprising Designo items.

Exterior wise: updated front end similar to current design on A45/CLA45 and new E63, updated rear with new 4 fin diffusor updated headlights (lifted from new E Class) updated rear tail light graphics, all external plastic panels will be painted not left in awful natural plastic finish, possibly also coming new and hopefully better looking wheel choices.

Drive train: new 9sp MCT as used on new E63 (but RWD only) AFAIK engine spec same as current AMG GTC, possibly also coming revised or new better suspension for both better ride and handling.

I'm sure there'll be more but personally for me that above is already more than enough to want the update over the current or initial release.

Come the 206 series and it turns out to be another winner (I'm sure it will) the end 205 series product will see me through to the latter/end release of the new future 206, rather than taking up initial releases which are always bettered down the line...simple well for me anyway
And when the W206 comes out? Now you have a car you've had for 2-3 years that's been replaced by a whole new chassis architecture, and your current car looks WAY outdated.

Last edited by nobbyv; 12-05-2017 at 03:04 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 02:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Talking

Originally Posted by nobbyv
But then what happens when the W206 comes out? Now you have a car you've had for 2-3 years that's been replaced by a whole new chassis architecture.
... and what's wrong with that?
Old 12-05-2017, 06:45 PM

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts
2016 Cardinal Red AMG C63 S
Smile

... and what's wrong with that?
Nothing! I just think it's a fool's errand to be constantly chasing the 'latest and greatest". And waiting for the mid-cycle refresh, to me, makes no more sense than buying the newly released architecture. The again, I've had five new cars in the past five years, so I may not be the best judge of what makes sense.
Old 12-06-2017, 09:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by nobbyv
Nothing! I just think it's a fool's errand to be constantly chasing the 'latest and greatest". And waiting for the mid-cycle refresh, to me, makes no more sense than buying the newly released architecture. The again, I've had five new cars in the past five years, so I may not be the best judge of what makes sense.
The opposite of refresh is stale. The mid model update is to lure new customers, new interest and new purchases. Cars prolly have to be refreshed to spur sales because the cars sales numbers may have decreased and to keep up with competition. Look at all those "fool's errand" standing in line for iPhone X. LOL

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: C Class new interior???