C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why was the beware of Dime thread removed?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 07:34 PM

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
2017 c63s
Why was the beware of Dime thread removed?

Where did the beware of Dime thread go? Why was it removed?

Edit:
The thread was removed for review and was restored on Sept. 18th.
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...nightmare.html
Old 09-15-2017, 07:59 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
like always we are not allowed to talk bad about sponsors of the website.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:06 PM

2017 c63s
I would like to see exactly what rule or violation got the thread removed. I would hope that it wasn't removed because of a sponsor's status.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:10 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
My only guess is they could say it’s “off topic” to the c63. Maybe repost in general forums.
Old 09-15-2017, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Politics and $$$... Makes the world go round 😂👍
Old 09-15-2017, 09:05 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 1,886 Likes on 1,323 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Because the guys that run this site can do what they want, period. Why should they keep it going?
Old 09-15-2017, 10:34 PM

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts
19 E63s
watching the videos of vehicle virgins ripping on dime racing is quite funny. Summary, dime took way over projected time to get his huracan twin turbo'd, never got it done, he had VF engineering supercharge the car in days. His supercharged car is running great, he raced a DIME racing turbo huracan and beat it, then the twin turbo DIME huracan died after losing a few more times. Total failure.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 Mercedes Benz S550 4Matic
lol I can't believe it was removed.

If it was a legitimate issue (which it was) pertaining to a vendor which does business with the C63 community it should stay. It's literally looking out for one another, why would you not want that?

Sure; the privately held forum can do what it wants but you don't have to agree with it. We're not sheep. This is a damn online car forum, not a religious place of worship. If enough people leave and make the site inactive they're the ones who lose the sponsorships and fail. We have nothing at stake here.

Completely lost all and any respect for whomever deleted that 100% legitimate thread.

What a joke.
Old 09-16-2017, 12:46 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
Originally Posted by DaveS550
lol I can't believe it was removed.

If it was a legitimate issue (which it was) pertaining to a vendor which does business with the C63 community it should stay. It's literally looking out for one another, why would you not want that?

Sure; the privately held forum can do what it wants but you don't have to agree with it. We're not sheep. This is a damn online car forum, not a religious place of worship. If enough people leave and make the site inactive they're the ones who lose the sponsorships and fail. We have nothing at stake here.

Completely lost all and any respect for whomever deleted that 100% legitimate thread.

What a joke.
a similar issue arised when someone was doing a diy headers thread in the w204 c63 fourms and it got deleted because he stated that he MAY sell them at some point but has no current plans. they took that as a ad and deleted it because he was not a sponsor
Old 09-16-2017, 02:27 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
W205 c63s AMG
Lol wow. That's a joke. Can't believe you guys deleted Brian's thread. It was a legitimate warning to a bunch of scum con artists. Many of you guys have already been screwed by them.

Brian's a good friend, I was in the lambo when it broke, the situation is very real. He definitely doesn't deserve any of it
Old 09-16-2017, 05:35 AM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink
Lol wow. That's a joke. Can't believe you guys deleted Brian's thread. It was a legitimate warning to a bunch of scum con artists. Many of you guys have already been screwed by them.

Brian's a good friend, I was in the lambo when it broke, the situation is very real. He definitely doesn't deserve any of it
Is there a video of this? Been in Spain for a week missed out on news.
Old 09-16-2017, 09:58 AM

2017 c63s
As an auto enthusiast, I feel that one of the worst things is seeing people get ripped off. I feel the forum becomes an accomplice by deleting information that is put out there to prevent others from having issues. It may be that it wasn't a merc that had the issue but it is just as relevant to this community and platform as there are several customers and potential customers who deserve to be informed. If it is because that is only one side of the story, Dime is more than welcome to come in and share their side. Shame on you mbworld.org.
Old 09-16-2017, 10:53 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
W205 c63s AMG
Originally Posted by digitalnav
Is there a video of this? Been in Spain for a week missed out on news.
Yup!! Luckily we were with Parker from vehicle virgins and got to capture the whole weekend with what happened with the car. It's ridiculous that this forum lacks the integrity so show us as consumers what kind of trash they are supporting here. Dime racing is DONE. They have no side, they have no explanation. All we hear is crickets from them as they're 1.1M in debt to people according to lawsuits..... They can't even pay their rent or the car note on their LEASED huracan development car. Who tf leases a huracan to develop twin turbo kits for it.....

https://youtu.be/yxh1ml6FHx8

​​​
Old 09-16-2017, 12:37 PM
Administrator Emeritus

Received 462 Likes on 348 Posts
After review, the Dime thread was restored on Sept. 18th.

Hi everyone,

The OP joined the forum just to post that information. I have no idea who he is and the validity of his comments, I removed it to give time to review for fairness because once it's up the damage is done and in my experience these types of things are never black and white. We have a responsibility to both our community and vendors. Our community expects unfettered access to information and our sponsors have an expectation of not being unfairly or wrongly bash. Not an easy ball to balance. The OP is welcomed to contact me via PM to discuss his thread, I will also be discussing this with Dime Racing along with an invitation to post a reply here. If any of you have further questions or comments please PM me, thread closed.

Bob