C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Handle LEDs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2015 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG S Edition 1, 1995 Ferrari F355, 2004 Mini Cooper JCW MC 40, 1967 MGB
Door Handle LEDs

As I understad it from the forum, they can fail, first by starting to light up purple, then fail altogether. All four of mine failed. Covered under warranty here in Canada.

But when I asked the tech what is different with the replacements versus the originals (in other wards will all four of these fail in two years), they said they thought the replacement bulbs are different. Not sure what the initial reason is for the failures. But seems like they have a fix.

Anyone else know?
Old 10-13-2017, 05:09 PM
KJ

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 53 AMG
Originally Posted by Rorie
As I understad it from the forum, they can fail, first by starting to light up purple, then fail altogether. All four of mine failed. Covered under warranty here in Canada.

But when I asked the tech what is different with the replacements versus the originals (in other wards will all four of these fail in two years), they said they thought the replacement bulbs are different. Not sure what the initial reason is for the failures. But seems like they have a fix.

Anyone else know?
One of my 4 LED's is starting to light up purple. Not sure why a simple no maintenance item like an LED is failing!
Old 10-14-2017, 02:59 PM

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
2017 C63S AMG
Originally Posted by Rorie

Anyone else know?
my passenger side door handle went out a few months ago and I tried to ignore it to no avail. The locator lights under the mirrors went next. First the passeneger side mirror went completely out and then the driver side mirror started to strobe. I threw my hands up and to the dealer we go. (You have no idea how necessary those locator lights are for backing up at night w/ the 360 cam). Having other miscellaneous issues such as the car constantly thinking hat I am exiting when I get in every morning. ( info screen saying “don’t forget your key” instead of the welcome graphic). There are some other minor quirks but the old girl is definitely experiencing some electrical issues that the dealer can’t figure out. So far they’ve replaced both mirrors entirely and it’s still not working.