MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   New here and might have questions (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/689456-new-here-might-have-questions.html)

icedmocha 11-19-2017 07:41 PM

New here and might have questions

Hello all,

I am new to the forum, found it with a simple google search.

I just picked up a 2017 C63S Coupe (demo?) with 700 miles. I am coming from a 2014 Nissan 370z Nismo which I love dearly. Will definitely miss my manual transmission when I sell it (soon).

Loving the c63 so far. Handling reminds me alot of my nismo, but the power, technology and exhaust note is lightyears difference, no comparison there.

Can you tell me something I dont know about the car?/ Have you guys done anything to your cars? I am planning to leave mine stock as it is a big upgrade already for me.

Looking forward to learning more about the car here. Thanks for having me.

Gungaslow 11-19-2017 10:49 PM

It’s one man one engine made in Germany...it’s is no Japanese tin can

icedmocha 11-20-2017 11:41 PM

it is definitely not a tin can :confused:

Chigs 11-21-2017 10:59 AM

Driving it during the break in period is torture for me. It's like having bull on a leash and trying to hold it back.

Maintenance is friggen expensive. The dealer quoted me US5800 for a la carte fufillemnt of the required stuff up to the 40k mile marker. I bought the maintence package for 2900.

My phone(LG G3) is too old to pair as a bluetooth media player, it can only make/recive calls via bluetooth.

mvohra 11-21-2017 11:42 AM

Not a tin can.

icedmocha 11-22-2017 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Chigs (Post 7317168)
Driving it during the break in period is torture for me. It's like having bull on a leash and trying to hold it back.

Maintenance is friggen expensive. The dealer quoted me US5800 for a la carte fufillemnt of the required stuff up to the 40k mile marker. I bought the maintence package for 2900.

My phone(LG G3) is too old to pair as a bluetooth media player, it can only make/recive calls via bluetooth.

Interesting to note. What is the break in period? 1000 miles? I broke it in on the drive up ~350 miles. sitting a little under 1100 miles right now. but still havent pushed it past 80mph

icedmocha 11-22-2017 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by mvohra (Post 7317207)
Not a tin can.

thank you :)

Gurj84 11-22-2017 02:38 AM

Welcome

Originally Posted by icedmocha (Post 7315863)
Hello all,

I am new to the forum, found it with a simple google search.

I just picked up a 2017 C63S Coupe (demo?) with 700 miles. I am coming from a 2014 Nissan 370z Nismo which I love dearly. Will definitely miss my manual transmission when I sell it (soon).

Loving the c63 so far. Handling reminds me alot of my nismo, but the power, technology and exhaust note is lightyears difference, no comparison there.

Can you tell me something I dont know about the car?/ Have you guys done anything to your cars? I am planning to leave mine stock as it is a big upgrade already for me.

Looking forward to learning more about the car here. Thanks for having me.

Welcome and congratulations on the new car. I've got a C63s Edition 1 coupe. I've done a few things to it. I've changed the badges for Matt black ones, got a light tint on the front windows and have had the front end covered in paint protection film and cemeramic coated the car.

I believe wear-in procedure says keep revs under 4k and speed less than 80mph until 1000 miles. Then from 1000 to 1200 miles, gradually increase load. After 1200 you can push on without holding back! Happy days!
​​​​​​
I came from a Japanese car, Evo X. It's nice to have a car which is auto. Power wise they're not too far apart, delivery of power is different and Merc can't put the power down clean from a standing start due to rwd. 70mph plus, the Merc has much more power than the Evo which starts running out of ideas. Think the engine size has got a lot to do with that.

What colour is your car? I've got pics of mine in the photo thread. It's a selenite grey one with dark stripes.
​​​​​​
Good luck and enjoy the car

Chigs 11-22-2017 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by icedmocha (Post 7317811)
Interesting to note. What is the break in period? 1000 miles? I broke it in on the drive up ~350 miles. sitting a little under 1100 miles right now. but still havent pushed it past 80mph

1000 miles for the break in. No more than 85mph, no more than 4500rpm, no kickdown. Increase slowly after 1000miles

Get the rear diff fluid changed after 1850 miles.

icedmocha 11-24-2017 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Gurj84 (Post 7317852)
Welcome and congratulations on the new car. I've got a C63s Edition 1 coupe. I've done a few things to it. I've changed the badges for Matt black ones, got a light tint on the front windows and have had the front end covered in paint protection film and cemeramic coated the car.

I believe wear-in procedure says keep revs under 4k and speed less than 80mph until 1000 miles. Then from 1000 to 1200 miles, gradually increase load. After 1200 you can push on without holding back! Happy days!
​​​​​​
I came from a Japanese car, Evo X. It's nice to have a car which is auto. Power wise they're not too far apart, delivery of power is different and Merc can't put the power down clean from a standing start due to rwd. 70mph plus, the Merc has much more power than the Evo which starts running out of ideas. Think the engine size has got a lot to do with that.

What colour is your car? I've got pics of mine in the photo thread. It's a selenite grey one with dark stripes.
​​​​​​

Thank you for the warm welcome!! Nice to see another c63 owner from the JDM world haha. Unfortunately I have to let the nismo go because there is never any parking in my apartment complex. I agree loved the manual transmission and pretty much swore by it, but the AMG is something else. I remember braking before a right turn in the AMG and the engine downshifting on its own--I was mind blown LOL

Your car sounds amazing I would love to see a picture of it. Mine is selenite gray as well with night package.

icedmocha 11-24-2017 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Chigs (Post 7318018)
1000 miles for the break in. No more than 85mph, no more than 4500rpm, no kickdown. Increase slowly after 1000miles

Thank you this is very helpful, I have noted that down. I am currently few miles shy of 1200. I always drive it in comfort, no need for sport or sport+ for me just yet. I really like the auto start stop feature.

Wexlax732 11-27-2017 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by icedmocha (Post 7320013)
Thank you this is very helpful, I have noted that down. I am currently few miles shy of 1200. I always drive it in comfort, no need for sport or sport+ for me just yet. I really like the auto start stop feature.

Really?! The auto start stop feature drives me nuts. Even in my girlfriends 17 Grand Cherokee I always find myself turning it off. IMO, that can’t be good for the motor.

otakki 11-28-2017 03:31 PM

For the price, I wouldn't necessarily call the other car a tin can. Based on the price difference, the C63 better be much better.

icedmocha 12-03-2017 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by Wexlax732 (Post 7321604)
Really?! The auto start stop feature drives me nuts. Even in my girlfriends 17 Grand Cherokee I always find myself turning it off. IMO, that can’t be good for the motor.

I always wondered if it was actually good for the motor, especially with stop and go traffic and constant turning on and off. but I like the idea of being somewhat eco friendly at the red light or stop sign.

icedmocha 12-03-2017 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by otakki (Post 7322680)
For the price, I wouldn't necessarily call the other car a tin can. Based on the price difference, the C63 better be much better.

Yes, this exactly. its 1/2 the price of the c63s. It does not compare to the c63s in horsepower/torque and luxury/technology but it is still an amazing car and perfect for mountain drives and those hairpin turns. also for a nissan it is built more solid than other comparable japanese cars. it was truly a purist car. cloth seats, manual transmission, light weight, factory tuned suspension, aerodynamic factory wing

Chigs 12-04-2017 12:57 PM

Auto stop start is a ploy by the various OEMs to improve their government mandated mileage ratings.

icedmocha 12-04-2017 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Chigs (Post 7327233)
Auto stop start is a ploy by the various OEMs to improve their government mandated mileage ratings.

hmmm.. good to know! thanks

Stoic_nihilist 12-07-2017 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by Gurj84 (Post 7317852)

​​​​​​

​​​​​​

I had a 2010 Evo X for about 5 years.Loved it. But turned 30 and needed a more grown up car. Got myself Lexus IS 350.Power very similar to Evo in a straight line, but not even close in corners.Been looking at switching out the Lexus for a new c63 amg sedan, (I like having rear seats). Not sure if the extra couple of grand is worth it to get the S version. Is it?My whole family is into audis (s3 and Sq5). I'm not a fan.Always been a fan of the c63 Amg and glad there are ex Evo owners who upgraded. Since the car is about to hit its mid cycle refresh, is it worth waiting for a 2019 model? I really hate the way the ass on the current c 63 looks like. Pre 2014 models looked perfect in my opinion. These new ones are to... round. I miss the straight lines.The Evo was my DD, and the AMG is going to be as well. Any tips?Thanks

Chigs 12-07-2017 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Stoic_nihilist (Post 7329858)
I had a 2010 Evo X for about 5 years.Loved it. But turned 30 and needed a more grown up car. Got myself Lexus IS 350.Power very similar to Evo in a straight line, but not even close in corners.Been looking at switching out the Lexus for a new c63 amg sedan, (I like having rear seats). Not sure if the extra couple of grand is worth it to get the S version. Is it?My whole family is into audis (s3 and Sq5). I'm not a fan.Always been a fan of the c63 Amg and glad there are ex Evo owners who upgraded. Since the car is about to hit its mid cycle refresh, is it worth waiting for a 2019 model? I really hate the way the ass on the current c 63 looks like. Pre 2014 models looked perfect in my opinion. These new ones are to... round. I miss the straight lines.The Evo was my DD, and the AMG is going to be as well. Any tips?Thanks

One of the biggest draws of this car is that is it fun throughout the range of use. From 1/10th to 5/10th driving it puts a big smile on my face. Haven't gone passed 5/10ths because it's only got 500 miles on it. I can only imagine the feeling when I can use the whole car. Not to mention the interior design and quality is spectacular and makes sitting in traffic much more bearable. Skip the performance seats and get the ventilation option. An M3/M4 by comparison looks sterile inside.

Stoic_nihilist 12-17-2017 06:10 PM

Yea for sure. Do the regular seats have memory settings? I hate when anyone moves my seats. The sports seats look cool, but are they ****ty on long drives? I'm pretty skinny so I'm not worried about having my ribs crammed in by the side bolsters.

KJ 12-18-2017 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by Stoic_nihilist (Post 7337563)
Yea for sure. Do the regular seats have memory settings? I hate when anyone moves my seats. The sports seats look cool, but are they ****ty on long drives? I'm pretty skinny so I'm not worried about having my ribs crammed in by the side bolsters.

I'm skinny as well and the side bolsters on the sport seats don't hug enough to cram you. I actually want them tighter, but they won't go any tighter.

The seats are definitely more firm on the bottom than a regular seat, so far my bony ass has been OK. I'll be doing a 300 mile trip from Toronto to Detroit for the Auto Show in January, so that will be my first long road trip with the car. I think it'll be fine though because 1+ hour drives so far have been no issue.

Stoic_nihilist 12-18-2017 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by KJ (Post 7337804)
I'm skinny as well and the side bolsters on the sport seats don't hug enough to cram you. I actually want them tighter, but they won't go any tighter.

The seats are definitely more firm on the bottom than a regular seat, so far my bony ass has been OK. I'll be doing a 300 mile trip from Toronto to Detroit for the Auto Show in January, so that will be my first long road trip with the car. I think it'll be fine though because 1+ hour drives so far have been no issue.

please report back and let us know how that car trip went. And ofcourse if your ass survived the journey.

icedmocha 12-19-2017 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Stoic_nihilist (Post 7329858)

I cannot speak on the regular c63, but get the c63s and you will not regret it. It is....fast. I still have not pushed it past 90 because I am afraid to do so just yet! I also cannot speak on Audi, but my friend had the 2014 RS7 and said it was very fast and turned heads, but wasnt as exciting as he expected nor was it loud. he ended up switching to a 2015 cls 63 s-amg and has had no regrets. what I noticed is that the c63 amg could end up being the same price as the c63s because a lot of the options you may want on a c63 are already standard on a c63s. I agree, I love everything about the new c63 coupe except the rear end. I do like the exhaust look and even though the tail light and rear are much more modern looking, I still prefer the design on previous generation. this one looks more mature and s class like -- which I guess is not necessarily a bad thing ;) I just prefer the younger look of the previous generation.

icedmocha 12-19-2017 11:57 PM

Originally Posted by Chigs (Post 7330061)
One of the biggest draws of this car is that is it fun throughout the range of use. From 1/10th to 5/10th driving it puts a big smile on my face. Haven't gone passed 5/10ths because it's only got 500 miles on it. I can only imagine the feeling when I can use the whole car. Not to mention the interior design and quality is spectacular and makes sitting in traffic much more bearable. Skip the performance seats and get the ventilation option. An M3/M4 by comparison looks sterile inside.

yes, I agree. the interior of m3/m4 looks much cheaper than the car's price tag. I come from a 350hp naturally aspirated v6, so I never need to put the c63s in sport or sport + because the power in it is plenty and I am still getting used to it. this car is the most fun ive ever had even going 15mph in comfort mode so cannot even imagine going all out haha.

MBzW205 12-27-2017 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by Chigs (Post 7318018)

I too am a new owner. I get most of the break in procedures except the last one. How does one increase slowly? Does that mean accelerate slowly to redline rpm in a lower gear or accelerate quickly to higher RPMs multiple times - meaning accelerate to 5k, then 5.5k and so on? It says "you can increase the engine speed gradually" after 1000 miles. Maybe I'm just making it harder than what it is?