Sponsored by:

Black or Chrome Exhaust Tips?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2018, 01:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
A5 Black Edition - C63 S on order!
Black or Chrome Exhaust Tips?

When I bought my C63S Coupe, in order to get the night pack the car came with black exhaust tips when my preference at the time would have been chrome ones to make them stand out more.

Ive also like the styling of the edition 1 minus the decals so I bought and fit the edition 1 aftermarket spoiler, rear vent flicks and front splitter. The last item to go would be the exhaust tips.

After 3 months of owning the car I've started to like the black look and I'm now torn as to go with the chrome exhaust tips or stay with the black ones.

I need some help from you guys on here if possible as to your preference. I guess some of you may have been in the same situation as me where you have bought a certain package to create a certain look but elements of that package are not to your taste.

Thanks for your help in advance 👍

Last edited by Jamo1; 01-12-2018 at 02:00 AM.
Old 01-12-2018, 02:23 AM

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts
AMG C63S
If if you are going to keep the other chrome and silver elements on your coupe, the chrome exhaust tips might look nice.

I like the black. I had the same dilemma on my Cabriolet. In the process of blacking most trim out if you check my build thread. Plastic dip did an ok job, but ordered the original AMG black ones and they look really nice. I also have a bunch of Carbon Fiber pieces I ordered and will put on soon. So so I feel your pain.

I ordered my replacement OEM parts thru mbpartscenter.com. My black tips were $262 a side. Much lower then my local dealer. Description is listed as trim bezel. Black ones are 205-490-07-27 and 205-490-08-27. Not sure on the chrome. They can likely help you find it. When I swap mine later this month, I might be interested in giving up my chrome set. PM me if your interested. I assume the coupe and Cabriolet are the same.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff Whitten
If if you are going to keep the other chrome and silver elements on your coupe, the chrome exhaust tips might look nice.

I like the black. I had the same dilemma on my Cabriolet. In the process of blacking most trim out if you check my build thread. Plastic dip did an ok job, but ordered the original AMG black ones and they look really nice. I also have a bunch of Carbon Fiber pieces I ordered and will put on soon. So so I feel your pain.

I ordered my replacement OEM parts thru mbpartscenter.com. My black tips were $262 a side. Much lower then my local dealer. Description is listed as trim bezel. Black ones are 205-490-07-27 and 205-490-08-27. Not sure on the chrome. They can likely help you find it. When I swap mine later this month, I might be interested in giving up my chrome set. PM me if your interested. I assume the coupe and Cabriolet are the same.

i am looking to keep the front chrome MB Chrome AMG wings and the door handles chrome so I think that it could suit the vehicle.

How much would you be willing to let your old chrome tips go for? Would have to convert dollars to pounds 💷 😁
Old 01-12-2018, 05:38 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 Mercedes C63s AMG
i like the night package but believe that exhaust tips should be silver in hue, as opposed to black.
Old 01-12-2018, 10:51 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
'17 Mercedes GLS550
Yea I'm the same. I also like the night package but wish they didn't black out the exhaust tips. I guess I am just old fashioned.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C63s Coupe
I did exactly the same when I ordered mine. Wanted the black elements but not the exhaust tips so ended up spending a fortune on new chrome ones.
I also added the edition 1 rear flips and front splitter..
Did your splitter come in gloss black or did it need painting??

Last edited by Boycie999; 01-13-2018 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by Boycie999
I did exactly the same when I ordered mine. Wanted the black elements but not the exhaust tips so ended up spending a fortune on new chrome ones.
I also added the edition 1 rear flips and front splitter..
Did your splitter come in gloss black or did it need painting??

no that front splitter needed painting, however in the end my detailer just vinyl wrapped it. Quicker to do and a cheaper job. Really don't get why it didn't come painted though.