MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   C63S Sports Exhaust vs Akrapovic?? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/695468-c63s-sports-exhaust-vs-akrapovic.html)

dangreene 01-15-2018 06:48 PM

C63S Sports Exhaust vs Akrapovic??

Hey everyone,

I've just bought a C63S Estate (S205) and it has the sports exhaust on it but im still wanting more.
I had an akrapovic on my F80 M3 and love everything about akrapovic!

From listening to youtube videos, I can't hear a huge difference between the sports exhaust and the akra......

How much difference is there? In terms of volume, note (I'd like it to be a little less synthesised), crack and burbles ect ect.....
I'd do the downpipes but I don't want to tune it..

thewb 01-16-2018 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by dangreene (Post 7358508)
Hey everyone,

I've just bought a C63S Estate (S205) and it has the sports exhaust on it but im still wanting more.

From listening to youtube videos, I can't hear a huge difference between the sports exhaust and the akra......

How much difference is there? In terms of volume, note (I'd like it to be a little less synthesised), crack and burbles ect ect.....

There is a moderate improvement in the sound from the OEM sport exhaust to the Akrapovic Titanium unit. What you're also getting with the Akra is massive performance gains (+8 hp // + 20 ft-lb // -28.7 lbs).

if you click this link you will be able to hear the OEM exhaust and the Akra exhaust. On the right side click the "sound" tab - http://www.akrapovic.com/#!/car/prod...76&yearId=4608

Email me if you'd like more info and pricing - David@WheelsBoutique.com

C63S8ABMW 01-16-2018 05:18 PM

I would recommend it, i have it on my C63S sedan and there is a change in the exhaust. Beautiful sound but also it opens up for more HP especially depending on your mods on your car. Also, the weight savings is a nice improvement.

koifysh 01-16-2018 08:02 PM

Hmm i’m also very interested how much louder the Akrapovic exhaust with a Weistec downpipes would be. The current stock is too quite for me. Anyone have downpipes plus Akra care to share how much louder it is?

thewb 01-17-2018 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by koifysh (Post 7359407)
Hmm i’m also very interested how much louder the Akrapovic exhaust with a Weistec downpipes would be. The current stock is too quite for me. Anyone have downpipes plus Akra care to share how much louder it is?

I'll tell you what - the pairing of Weistec downpipes and Akrapovic exhaust is a recipe for some VERY impressive performance and sound gains. I'll reach out to my clients who have that setup now to see if I can chase down some videos for ya.

irishgrn 01-20-2018 07:33 PM

I have the Akra exhaust already and am having the Weistec DP's and ECU tune installed this week. Then it will be on the dyno before leaving the shop. I will post a video of the dyno if you like.

gphill824 06-27-2018 12:48 AM

Did you ever find out anything with the performance and sound gains? I just started a post related to this specific post (Weistec downpipes + AMG performance exhaust vs. Weistec downpipes + Akrapovic full titanium exhaust). Let me know if you found out anything. Thanks in advance.

gphill824 06-27-2018 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by dangreene (Post 7358508)
Hey everyone,

Find out anything? I have a w205 coupe with AMG performance exhaust + weistec downpipes. I was trying to see if it was worth the 7k investment to add the akrapovic (not sure they'll be much gain).

jeremydfw 06-27-2018 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by thewb (Post 7359095)
What you're also getting with the Akra is massive performance gains (+8 hp // + 20 ft-lb // -28.7 lbs).

While "massive" is a subjective term... I personally wouldn't classify this as MASSIVE PERFORMANCE GAINS.

C63SVERT 06-27-2018 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by jeremydfw (Post 7489759)
While "massive" is a subjective term... I personally wouldn't classify this as MASSIVE PERFORMANCE GAINS.

yeah when these cars are getting 100 hp out of tune, its hard to justify 7k for exhaust. i did the renntech mufflers with my 200 cell downpipes and it sounds insane and retains the quiet interior when in comfort mode or the exhaust is closed

gphill824 06-27-2018 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by C63SVERT (Post 7489763)
yeah when these cars are getting 100 hp out of tune, its hard to justify 7k for exhaust. i did the renntech mufflers with my 200 cell downpipes and it sounds insane and retains the quiet interior when in comfort mode or the exhaust is closed

Was there any boost to performance with Renntech (hp/torque) mufflers?

C63SVERT 06-27-2018 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by gphill824 (Post 7489813)

Was there any boost to performance with Renntech (hp/torque) mufflers?

yes it made 13 rwhp and 17 tq with the mufflers when added to the current tune and downpipes. I’m going to have it back on their dyno hopefully next week to dial it in a little more and I can post back.

ole85 06-28-2018 05:51 AM

yes i have aka with catless down pipes in my option i think its way too loud but I'm sticking with it as its a weekend car

raudiace4 06-28-2018 12:13 PM

AWE track with stock DPs is good, louder than stock with PE. Catless downpipes and AWE track is insane, and probably way too loud for most people.

COOPERDB 07-10-2018 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by jeremydfw (Post 7489759)

I read that as massive performance gains for an exhaust system -

And those numbers for an exhaust system are massive -

Not to mention the sound -

Thank-You
D.B.

C3504matic 07-10-2018 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by thewb (Post 7359095)
There is a moderate improvement in the sound from the OEM sport exhaust to the Akrapovic Titanium unit. What you're also getting with the Akra is massive performance gains (+8 hp // + 20 ft-lb // -28.7 lbs).

if you click this link you will be able to hear the OEM exhaust and the Akra exhaust. On the right side click the "sound" tab - http://www.akrapovic.com/#!/car/prod...76&yearId=4608

Email me if you'd like more info and pricing - David@WheelsBoutique.com

"Massive" LoL ....seriously 8 HP is nothing and especially for the price of the exhaust ...huge waste of money if your looking for SERIOUS performance gains .There are better places to spend money for way greater gains . Want massive ? add a nitrous kit lol...it's cheaper

Encimeras 01-05-2021 09:33 AM

C63 akra

Originally Posted by koifysh (Post 7359407)

Hola tengo akrapovic puesto y me pregunto si con downpipe weiste se nota mejora ?