Sponsored by:

PPF + Ceramic Coating Price

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 02:39 PM

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
2018 C63S Coupe
PPF + Ceramic Coating Price

Shopping around for some reasonable prices on PPF + Ceramic Coating. Is $1400 a good price for getting Suntek PPF Full front plus Opticoat?
Old 02-26-2018, 03:59 PM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 S AMG, Jaguar F Pace S
Sounds reasonable...did you reach out to XPEL Austin? I really like the XPEL product versus Suntek, but it's mainly all about the installer. The guys at XPEL are good. They don't use Opticoat, they use G-Tecnique or something like that. I was quoted something like 1500 for just the ceramic coating. I did XPEL PPF (full front bumper, mirror caps, partial hood) for $700ish through them.

Again, really depends on the installer. I wouldn't think PPF and ceramic coating would be that cheap but if the installer does good work, then that's more important.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:32 PM

2018 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by JWreck
Sounds reasonable...did you reach out to XPEL Austin? I really like the XPEL product versus Suntek, but it's mainly all about the installer. The guys at XPEL are good. They don't use Opticoat, they use G-Tecnique or something like that. I was quoted something like 1500 for just the ceramic coating. I did XPEL PPF (full front bumper, mirror caps, partial hood) for $700ish through them.

Again, really depends on the installer. I wouldn't think PPF and ceramic coating would be that cheap but if the installer does good work, then that's more important.
Yes I did speak to them for detailing, PPF and ceramic coating. They were out of my budget range. I think I'll be OK with the place I decided on, they have a ton of good reviews.
Old 02-26-2018, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by MBzW205
Yes I did speak to them for detailing, PPF and ceramic coating. They were out of my budget range. I think I'll be OK with the place I decided on, they have a ton of good reviews.
Who is this from?
Old 02-26-2018, 07:23 PM

2018 C63S Coupe

Who is this from?
A place called ProReflection. Xpel Austin said he was decent. I’ve spoken to the owner a few times already. He has several good google reviews. I was going to go with SunTint who i’ve used several times and PR matched their price and threw in the Opticoat for cheap.
Old 02-26-2018, 07:27 PM

A place called ProReflection. Xpel Austin said he was decent. I’ve spoken to the owner a few times already. He has several good google reviews. I was going to go with SunTint who i’ve used several times and PR matched their price and threw in the Opticoat for cheap.
I used SunTint twice before and they did great tint work (except for the trim they sliced) but wasn’t super thrilled with the SunTek product.

Let me know now how it goes with PR!
The following users liked this post:
MBzW205 (02-26-2018)
Old 02-26-2018, 07:28 PM

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
2018 C63S Coupe
Shopping around for some reasonable prices on PPF + Ceramic Coating. Is $1400 a good price for getting Suntek PPF Full front plus Opticoat?
For a car this expensive, it would be worth your while to save up for the Xpel. The guys in Austin did a great job on my coupe and the customer service and installation are what you are paying the premium for. If the budget wrap starts to bubble up or peel up on the corners you are going to be kicking yourself... This car is not easy to wrap and the there are a lot of high tension nooks and crannies.

Here are some pics from the installation on my black coupe in Xpel Stealth:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...63s-coupe.html
The following 2 users liked this post by HarrySeaward:
MBzW205 (02-26-2018), tonecas (11-13-2018)
Old 02-26-2018, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by HarrySeaward
For a car this expensive, it would be worth your while to save up for the Xpel. The guys in Austin did a great job on my coupe and the customer service and installation are what you are paying the premium for. If the budget wrap starts to bubble up or peel up on the corners you are going to be kicking yourself... This car is not easy to wrap and the there are a lot of high tension nooks and crannies.

Here are some pics from the installation on my black coupe in Xpel Stealth:
https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...63s-coupe.html
uggghhh I really wanted to do a stealth wrap, but needed to have the car protected and wasn’t ready to part with that much $. Maybe I’ll convince the bookie eventually...
Old 02-26-2018, 08:52 PM

2018 C63S Coupe
uggghhh I really wanted to do a stealth wrap, but needed to have the car protected and wasn’t ready to part with that much $. Maybe I’ll convince the bookie eventually...
PR does XPel too just thought it was going to be out of my budget and didn't realize XPel protects the car better than Suntek. I just texted with the guy at PR and he has XPel Ultimate. He will do my car with Xpel for the same price and it includes a 10 year warranty. I don't know that he is a certified installer of XPel. He has done a ton of cars. I think I might be ok giving them a try.

Last edited by MBzW205; 02-26-2018 at 09:16 PM.
Old 02-26-2018, 09:00 PM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
Both Suntek Ultra and Xpel Ultimate are great films that self heal. The Suntek has a hydrophobic coating on it, but that wears out quickly so don't let that be a decider.

I highly recommend ceramic coating on top of the film. I personally have used Cquartz Finest Reserve, OptiCoat, and Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. I like the Gtechniq the best.
The following 2 users liked this post by obbob:
MBzW205 (02-26-2018), tonecas (11-13-2018)
Old 02-26-2018, 09:18 PM

2018 C63S Coupe
His website's gallery has a ton of cars, not sure which ones are Xpel. There are a few Merc's too

PR PPF Gallery
Old 02-26-2018, 09:29 PM

PR does XPel too just thought it was going to be out of my budget and didn't realize XPel protects the car better than Suntek. I just texted with the guy at PR and he has XPel Ultimate. He will do my car with Xpel for the same price and it includes a 10 year warranty. I don't know that he is a certified installer of XPel. He has done a ton of cars. I think I might be ok giving them a try.
IIRC, SunTek doesn’t warranty against rock chips and damage to the film as a result of them. XPEL does (at least, when installed by XPEL directly).

That was a major incentive to me, because while my Audi paint was protected, the film on the front looked trashed after just 2 years.
MBzW205 (02-26-2018)
Old 02-26-2018, 09:38 PM

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
2018 C63S Coupe

IIRC, SunTek doesn’t warranty against rock chips and damage to the film as a result of them. XPEL does (at least, when installed by XPEL directly).
It is important to verify that the shop is authorized Xpel installer - you can do this through the Xpel website. If you anticipate using the 10-year warranty, this will likely be a factor especially if the shop doesn't make good on their word (Xpel will rectify the situation installer or have another authorized installer make it right).
http://www.xpel.com/clearbra_install...s/Texas/Austin
MBzW205 (02-26-2018)
Old 02-26-2018, 10:43 PM

It is important to verify that the shop is authorized Xpel installer - you can do this through the Xpel website. If you anticipate using the 10-year warranty, this will likely be a factor especially if the shop doesn't make good on their word (Xpel will rectify the situation installer or have another authorized installer make it right).
Good point of clarification!
MBzW205 (02-26-2018)
Old 02-26-2018, 10:54 PM

2018 C63S Coupe
Funny you mention this, I came across this earlier. I asked PR if they were authorized and how many Xpel installs have they done. No response yet. I will call around to the 3 authorized installers to see who has the best price. Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm definitely going with an authorized installer!
Old 02-26-2018, 10:57 PM

2018 C63S Coupe

That was a major incentive to me, because while my Audi paint was protected, the film on the front looked trashed after just 2 years.
I didn't realize that, thanks for all the advice. Probably saved me from making a mistake. I think this is one of those situations that you get what you pay for.
Old 02-27-2018, 05:52 PM

2018 C63S Coupe
I got my appointment setup with Xpel Austin for full front Xpel Ultimate + GTechniq for ~ $2100. Is $650 for GTechniq ceramic coating a fair price or am I paying too much?
Old 02-27-2018, 06:40 PM

I got my appointment setup with Xpel Austin for full front Xpel Ultimate + GTechniq for ~ $2100. Is $650 for GTechniq ceramic coating a fair price or am I paying too much?
650 sounds darn good assuming they’re doing a full correction first.

Edit: Is that for coating the whole car?
Old 02-28-2018, 10:13 AM

2018 C63S Coupe

650 sounds darn good assuming they’re doing a full correction first.

Edit: Is that for coating the whole car?
Minor correction only, and coating for the full car. Full coating + full correction total w/o tax I was quoted $1300. Full front ppf with discounts they gave me $1500 (w/o tax). I had called them, spoke to them for a while, told them about PR and haggled the price. I'm going over what I wanted to spend and in the long run I think it's worth my while since my ride is Obsidian Black and I plan on keeping the car for a while.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:41 AM

Minor correction only, and coating for the full car. Full coating + full correction total w/o tax I was quoted $1300. Full front ppf with discounts they gave me $1500 (w/o tax). I had called them, spoke to them for a while, told them about PR and haggled the price. I'm going over what I wanted to spend and in the long run I think it's worth my while since my ride is Obsidian Black and I plan on keeping the car for a while.
Interesting, I suppose they know what they’re doing but most folks I talk to about ceramic coatings say that the car needs to be corrected at a high level to apply properly. Probably the most important is to remove contamination.
MBzW205 (02-28-2018)
Old 02-28-2018, 12:00 PM

2018 C63S Coupe

Interesting, I suppose they know what they’re doing but most folks I talk to about ceramic coatings say that the car needs to be corrected at a high level to apply properly. Probably the most important is to remove contamination.
I 100% agree and they highly recommend that. I just thought since the car only has about 2k miles on it, been through 3-4 washes there wouldn't need to be a high level of correction...

I'm going to drop by, show them the paint and work with them on what to do. I'll keep you posted!
Old 03-02-2018, 12:36 PM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
What type of gtechniq coating?

Their top coating is called crystal Serum Ultra. $650 for that is an extremely good deal.

Also, I would double confirm the rock chip warranty. I haven’t heard of Xpel covering that before. That would make Xpel a no brainer if true though.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:10 PM

2018 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by obbob
What type of gtechniq coating?
Their top coating is called crystal Serum Ultra. $650 for that is an extremely good deal.
Also, I would double confirm the rock chip warranty. I haven’t heard of Xpel covering that before. That would make Xpel a no brainer if true though.
I'm not sure which one, good point I'll check with them.

I thought that since it was brand new it wouldn't need paint correction. After taking it by there, it does and they showed me why. I had a bunch of swirls. I've never really cared so much about the paint before. I knew this would be a higher priority with a black car, and now that I'm getting it done I've learned a lot. I plan on keeping the car for a long time so it makes perfect sense to get this done. Thanks for the advise JW and everyone! I decided to get the full front PPF, paint correction and ceramic later this month.
Old 03-02-2018, 07:36 PM

I'm not sure which one, good point I'll check with them.

I thought that since it was brand new it wouldn't need paint correction. After taking it by there, it does and they showed me why. I had a bunch of swirls. I've never really cared so much about the paint before. I knew this would be a higher priority with a black car, and now that I'm getting it done I've learned a lot. I plan on keeping the car for a long time so it makes perfect sense to get this done. Thanks for the advise JW and everyone! I decided to get the full front PPF, paint correction and ceramic later this month.
Nice, that’s gonna look killer. I’ll have to swing by and see it when it’s in the shop
MBzW205 (03-14-2018)
Old 03-14-2018, 09:48 AM

2018 C63S Coupe

Nice, that’s gonna look killer. I’ll have to swing by and see it when it’s in the shop
Thanks JW, Did they ceramic coat your door handles too and was there any impact to the swipe to lock/unlock feature?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: PPF + Ceramic Coating Price