Sponsored by:

Racechip Gts Black vs Dinan

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 10:46 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Bmw
Racechip Gts Black vs Dinan

Basically wants the most power I can get by maintaining the sound of the performance exhaust. Wanted to go catless with a ecu tune but that would drastically change the note of the exhaust which I love.
I see guys in C43/450 who are pleased with the Racechip but nothing from any C63.
It's unfortunate there's no JB for our engine as I've had great success with it in my Bimmer.
Any feedbacks between the Racechip vs Dinan would be greatly appreciated.

Ray
Old 03-05-2018, 11:16 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Dinan without a question. I tried working with RaceChip (GTS Black) several times before ultimately deciding to go with Dinan. RaceChip sent me not one but TWO boxes that had the incorrect programming for the C63S (also, the bluetooth modules in both of their boxes failed). All the marketing in the world can't convince me that its worth going with a vendor that doesn't even bother checking or testing what software is in the box before they ship it out to be installed on a customers $90k AMG. It was a complete waste of time and a major hassle having to ship back and forth to Germany. I will give them credit in that they gave me a complete refund, including the cost to ship the box back to Germany twice. But their response was that it surely couldn't be their fault, and that I must have installed it incorrectly because they have "so many happy AMG customers". Well, Dinan installs the same way (and actually uses one less sensor than RaceChip) and what do you know - Dinan worked flawlessly.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:23 AM

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Bmw
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned
Dinan without a question. I tried working with RaceChip (GTS Black) several times before ultimately deciding to go with Dinan. RaceChip sent me not one but TWO boxes that had the incorrect programming for the C63S (also, the bluetooth modules in both of their boxes failed). All the marketing in the world can't convince me that its worth going with a vendor that doesn't even bother checking or testing what software is in the box before they ship it out to be installed on a customers $90k AMG. It was a complete waste of time and a major hassle having to ship back and forth to Germany. I will give them credit in that they gave me a complete refund, including the cost to ship the box back to Germany twice. But their response was that it surely couldn't be their fault, and that I must have installed it incorrectly because they have "so many happy AMG customers". Well, Dinan installs the same way (and actually uses one less sensor than RaceChip) and what do you know - Dinan worked flawlessly.
Not sure if I want to thank you or not. This along with your other post is going to cost me a lot of money haha. 305 PS4s with the Dinan. All kidding aside, appreciate the feedback.

Ray
Old 03-05-2018, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
2017 Porsche 911 C4
Originally Posted by Rayc63s
Not sure if I want to thank you or not. This along with your other post is going to cost me a lot of money haha. 305 PS4s with the Dinan. All kidding aside, appreciate the feedback.

Ray
Happy to help you spend money...wisely! Those two changes have really made me fall in love with this car again 👍