MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   Electronic rear axel inoperative message (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/703850-electronic-rear-axel-inoperative-message.html)

japamg 04-07-2018 08:38 AM

Electronic rear axel inoperative message

Hi guys!

Have had the car for about one year now, C63s coupe. I´ve got this message twice in the last week, however the car still drives perfectly.

Furthermore when I stop and start the car again the message goes away.

Any help more than welcome

Thank you very much!

KJ 04-07-2018 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by japamg (Post 7424200)
Hi guys!

Have had the car for about one year now, C63s coupe. I´ve got this message twice in the last week, however the car still drives perfectly.

Thank you very much!

It's under warranty, bring it to the dealer.

RDOCA 04-07-2018 03:07 PM

Hi guys!

Thank you very much!

I had the same thing about a 11/2 years ago twice and since it has never come back and I did nothing but restart. I've had low oil message twice also and when checked it was full so who knows what is going on with these messages sometimes???

japamg 04-07-2018 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by RDOCA (Post 7424378)
I had the same thing about a 11/2 years ago twice and since it has never come back and I did nothing but restart. I've had low oil message twice also and when checked it was full so who knows what is going on with these messages sometimes???

Thank you RDOCA

Hopefully is not a real error as you say, let´s see if it never comes back!

4LTwinTurbo 04-08-2018 05:50 AM

I had this problem. Initially the same message would come up, and go away upon restart if I let the car sit for some time. Eventually the messages started to come up more frequently, and sometimes would go away upon restart but sometimes not.

I didn't notice a difference in usual driving, but in race mode taking corners fast in the canyons, the diff would not lock and it would spin just like an open diff car. Handled absolutely awful, applying throttle on corner exit with trac off or even in sport handling mode would upset the car, but again in normal street driving and even moderate speed corners it was okay. I took it to the dealer and they updated some software etc and haven't gotten the message again. Seems to work great now. Good luck

4LTwinTurbo 04-08-2018 05:52 AM

Delete

japamg 04-08-2018 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by 4LTwinTurbo (Post 7424851)
I had this problem. Initially the same message would come up, and go away upon restart if I let the car sit for some time. Eventually the messages started to come up more frequently, and sometimes would go away upon restart but sometimes not.

I didn't notice a difference in usual driving, but in race mode taking corners fast in the canyons, the diff would not lock and it would spin just like an open diff car. Handled absolutely awful, applying throttle on corner exit with trac off or even in sport handling mode would upset the car, but again in normal street driving and even moderate speed corners it was okay. I took it to the dealer and they updated some software etc and haven't gotten the message again. Seems to work great now. Good luck

Thanks!

Zand3rs 04-08-2018 01:36 PM

Hi guys!

Thank you very much!

Yes, i had this issue brought it to the dealer that changed the cables to the rear diff and never had a problem since.

japamg 04-08-2018 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Zand3rs (Post 7425072)
Yes, i had this issue brought it to the dealer that changed the cables to the rear diff and never had a problem since.

Thanks!

Yes, I´ve done some research and found out that this is just a software issue...

Good to know!

Zand3rs 04-08-2018 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by japamg (Post 7425117)

Thanks!

Yes, I´ve done some research and found out that this is just a software issue...

Good to know!

Not in my case tho, i had a upgrade to my software and did not help, as i said they had to change the cabling to the diff.

japamg 04-08-2018 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Zand3rs (Post 7425120)
Not in my case tho, i had a upgrade to my software and did not help, as i said they had to change the cabling to the diff.

Ok understood

Thanks for the clarification!

Geno40 04-09-2018 04:56 PM

Mine had that message last year, after taking it to a dealer they fixed it by securing the wire. Recently I went to another dealer for the software update as a recall and they said my diff wasn't taking the update and didn't work properly (whatever that means).
After replacing the entire differential and updating software car was amazing for a month but now I get this floating feeling in Sport plus mode, passing and changing lane last week scared the crap out of me as car went left right left right as if I was sliding.
Don't know if m diff is acting again or could it be alignment issue?

japamg 04-13-2018 04:31 PM

Update

Originally Posted by Zand3rs (Post 7425072)

So I got the software update yesterday and message came back again today, so maybe I should get the cables changed...

Question is, is the diff really not working or is it just a fake error?

Thanks!

Lizard 09-17-2018 08:20 PM

I started getting the same error message -as everyone else- here a few months back. I ignored it at first since it happened intermittently. Usually after it rain. I finally took it in to the dealership last week. They updated the software and the car was fine for a few days. Took it out on a rainy day, put it in reverse and the error message reappeared again. The car is at the dealership now and they are ordering parts to replace the whole diff. Will update this after I get the car back to see if it occurs again.

JWreck 01-29-2019 09:28 PM

Just had this error pop up on my drive home in traffic. Scheduled to take it to the dealer next Thursday. Makes me nervous driving around knowing what could be the issue...

benzbell 01-29-2019 10:08 PM

Yeah sucks. I know what you mean. Mine was a nightmare. I posted about it in a separate thread - so as not to hijack yours. Might be one of those things where clearing the code takes care of it and it doesn't come back. Hard to say. Keep everyone posted. Always good to know what happens and the solution.

japamg 01-30-2019 02:38 AM

Mine was fixed by the dealer with an specific software update for this, is quite easy.

untamedd 01-31-2019 09:59 AM

Hi guys!

Thank you very much!

I got this message too today briefly. I think the -40 C weather here was tripping the car out :)

Blas Villalobos 02-01-2019 10:35 AM

C63s rear diff inoperative

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...8e89156ee.jpeg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...2c8fe4db9.jpeg

Originally Posted by untamedd (Post 7669013)
I got this message too today briefly. I think the -40 C weather here was tripping the car out :)

i dropped off my car last Thursday, and it is still at the dealership for this issue. They are changing the temperature control pump, for some reason, but I have no idea what that has to do with the rear diff. The dealer hasn’t mentioned anything about updates or wires, so we’ll see what happens.

slowc 02-01-2019 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Blas Villalobos (Post 7670006)

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...8e89156ee.jpeg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...2c8fe4db9.jpeg

i dropped off my car last Thursday, and it is still at the dealership for this issue. They are changing the temperature control pump, for some reason, but I have no idea what that has to do with the rear diff. The dealer hasn’t mentioned anything about updates or wires, so we’ll see what happens.

did the message never go away or just popped up once?

Blas Villalobos 02-01-2019 02:02 PM

The message came on and off for several months, so I just took it in.

japamg 02-01-2019 03:17 PM

Again, when I took it to the dealer more than 7 months ago there was an specific software update for this. Message never came back since then

Blas Villalobos 02-09-2019 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by japamg (Post 7670312)
Again, when I took it to the dealer more than 7 months ago there was an specific software update for this. Message never came back since then

well, it seems they haven’t figured that out at my dealer yet. I told them that when I dropped it off, and they said they would check. Still at the dealer. They are waiting on Mercedes Germany on how to get rid of code. It has been over two weeks, and I’m getting tired of waiting.

untamedd 02-09-2019 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Blas Villalobos (Post 7677357)

well, it seems they haven’t figured that out at my dealer yet. I told them that when I dropped it off, and they said they would check. Still at the dealer. They are waiting on Mercedes Germany on how to get rid of code. It has been over two weeks, and I’m getting tired of waiting.

I took my car in for the same message and got it back the same day.In my case they found multiple codes in ESP Control Unit & AMG Suspension Control Unit.

They erased the faulty memory and installed a software release of AMG Suspension Control Unit.

Keeping your car for 2 weeks sounds ridiculous when other dealers are doing it same day!

Blas Villalobos 02-10-2019 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by untamedd (Post 7677492)
I took my car in for the same message and got it back the same day.In my case they found multiple codes in ESP Control Unit & AMG Suspension Control Unit.

They erased the faulty memory and installed a software release of AMG Suspension Control Unit.

Keeping your car for 2 weeks sounds ridiculous when other dealers are doing it same day!

yeah, I hate it. I was told they were replacing the cooling pump, lol, who knows what the hell that has to do with it.