Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

$50 C63S Exhaust Valve Mod: Force Valves Open 100% with AWE Simulators

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2018, 10:22 PM

Received 154 Likes on 38 Posts
c63 BS; lc500; F-pace SVR; Jaguar P8, c63 p31
Just to be sure I didn’t mess it up with the first installation, I removed and reinstalled the modules again (twice) over the past 24 hrs. I even tried with two different sets of the modules (I ordered 2 pairs by accident). I locked the car in my garage, drove the two keys in my other car to about 2 football fields away (long walk back), waited 30 minutes and did the installs and found this with both instances: With modules on, at full throttle, horse power will not go past 400. Torque will go to the 500 mark but not hp. Car feels slower.When I took off the modules and plug back the original set ups, power go all the way to 500hp at full throttle. I wonder if it has to do with later build model and their software set ups to make this not compatible. My car is a 2017 coupe. I’m really torn now since I love how the exhaust sounds around town with the modules installed but at the cost of about 20-30% of hp. I guess I’ll have to choose between sounding fast and being fast.
Old 06-08-2018, 10:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 C63 AMG
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Lizard
Just to be sure I didn’t mess it up with the first installation, I removed and reinstalled the modules again (twice) over the past 24 hrs. I even tried with two different sets of the modules (I ordered 2 pairs by accident). I locked the car in my garage, drove the two keys in my other car to about 2 football fields away (long walk back), waited 30 minutes and did the installs and found this with both instances: With modules on, at full throttle, horse power will not go past 400. Torque will go to the 500 mark but not hp. Car feels slower.When I took off the modules and plug back the original set ups, power go all the way to 500hp at full throttle. I wonder if it has to do with later build model and their software set ups to make this not compatible. My car is a 2017 coupe. I’m really torn now since I love how the exhaust sounds around town with the modules installed but at the cost of about 20-30% of hp. I guess I’ll have to choose between sounding fast and being fast.
Damn this is depressing. I was about to install these.
Old 06-08-2018, 11:01 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S
For what it’s worth, I got the ASR module instead of the plugs, and I lost absolutely no power for sure.
Old 06-09-2018, 04:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
W213 E63
Originally Posted by rekrul
Damn this is depressing. I was about to install these.
Try it and see. Install is quick. Im curious. You can always revert back
Old 06-10-2018, 04:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 C63 AMG
Originally Posted by amalgam
Try it and see. Install is quick. Im curious. You can always revert back
I'm tempted... however I just had the dinantronics installed and I don't want to throw a 'soft code' and then have to take it to the dealer... fuark.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:05 AM

Received 154 Likes on 38 Posts
c63 BS; lc500; F-pace SVR; Jaguar P8, c63 p31
Originally Posted by ezatnova
For what it’s worth, I got the ASR module instead of the plugs, and I lost absolutely no power for sure.
I can confirm that after installing my ASR module that there's no issue with power loss. I, along with a few other 17' cars owners, have had issues with not getting 100% power when using the simulators.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 179 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
I was testing this out yesterday and noticed my HP display would only hit 470hp!! Power loss??... Then I realized I have the poverty spec c63 (non-S) 😭😂
The following users liked this post:
KJ (06-14-2018)
Old 06-16-2018, 12:24 AM

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts
C63S EDITION 1
Just wonder...since you install these simulators with the AWE exhaust, does that mean you lose Power when you install the aftermarket exhaust?
Old 06-16-2018, 12:28 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2015 BMW M4/1967 Ford Bronco
I bought these simulators and planning on installing tomorrow. They cost $60 with shipping and the install should take about five minutes, so I figured what's the harm in trying. Will report back if there's any loss in power..
Old 06-16-2018, 01:52 AM

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts
w205 c400 c63s
Originally Posted by DJPoop
I bought these simulators and planning on installing tomorrow. They cost $60 with shipping and the install should take about five minutes, so I figured what's the harm in trying. Will report back if there's any loss in power..

let us know bro. Btw, what year Model is your c63s
Old 06-16-2018, 02:14 AM

‘18. Will report back.
Old 06-16-2018, 02:39 AM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
2016 C63 AMG Wagon
Do these simulators make the PE just like the std exhaust, or does the PE have differences other than the valves? I have always been curious about the differences between the PE and the std exhaust.
Old 06-16-2018, 06:25 PM

Installed a little while ago as per the directions. The sound is a definite improvement but unfortunately I'm getting power loss too. Can feel it in the butt dyno and the highest I could get the gauges to pin was a little over 300 h.p. and 400 ft./lbs.

FYI my car is an '18 S that was just built a few months ago.
Old 01-14-2019, 08:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 197 Likes on 158 Posts
2018 GT R; Tesla M3P
Can anyone confirm if Monitor Catalyst, Monitor O2 and Monitor Heated O2 is disabled with this mode? Can't pass emissions for this reason...
Old 06-25-2019, 11:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AMG GLC 63s
Originally Posted by amalgam
Did you guys notice any loss in power or is it just me? I just installed these and while they do work, the valves are open and the car sounds significantly louder, when I punch it, it doesn't feel as strong as it did before. I'm tuned and I'm almost certain that I've lost power. With the valves open all the time, is it possible that there could be a loss in backpressure resulting in power loss? I'm going to uninstall them in a bit and see if there is any difference..
Hi Guys
I just picked up a GLC 63 and while its not the same as the C63 the exhaust is pretty much similar. I used an ASR RX2 controller for the rear valves and it works without any issues. The guys at ASR told me that the newer C63s are not suitable for using the 3 pin decommissioning plugs and for C63 they are using the RX2 controller.
The other thing I will try and report back if of interest is closing the valve with a decommissioning plug on the H Pipe. Going back to early days I know they were really pre X pipe and were mainly used as a balance pipe to quieten down the exhaust and remove that crackle sound, so it makes sense the exhaust would be louder and more agressive with the H pipe closed off. There is still a real difference in sound going from drive in S+ to Park
I found this thread when searching for info on the H pipe and valve setup and seem to remember Chris Harris doing a review of the C63 and going over the exhaust.
Old 06-26-2019, 04:31 PM

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts
2019 Audi SQ5, 2011 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4wd, 2016 Ford Focus se Hatchback
Originally Posted by DaveDee
Hi Guys
I just picked up a GLC 63 and while its not the same as the C63 the exhaust is pretty much similar. I used an ASR RX2 controller for the rear valves and it works without any issues. The guys at ASR told me that the newer C63s are not suitable for using the 3 pin decommissioning plugs and for C63 they are using the RX2 controller.
The other thing I will try and report back if of interest is closing the valve with a decommissioning plug on the H Pipe. Going back to early days I know they were really pre X pipe and were mainly used as a balance pipe to quieten down the exhaust and remove that crackle sound, so it makes sense the exhaust would be louder and more agressive with the H pipe closed off. There is still a real difference in sound going from drive in S+ to Park
I found this thread when searching for info on the H pipe and valve setup and seem to remember Chris Harris doing a review of the C63 and going over the exhaust.

What is a decommissioning plug? I put the awe simulator on my H pipe and it 100% open. I noticed volume dropped but it eliminated a rattle I was having in the valve when moving to open at 2500-3000 RPMs. Interested.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:16 PM

AMG GLC 63s
Originally Posted by See63esS
What is a decommissioning plug? I put the awe simulator on my H pipe and it 100% open. I noticed volume dropped but it eliminated a rattle I was having in the valve when moving to open at 2500-3000 RPMs. Interested.
Decommissioning plug is the ASR name for valve simulator. It would be interesting if anyone knows the functions used in the H pipe, eg partial closure. There seems to be a dramatic volume drop when you move from drive to part in Sport+ and given the valves at the back are permanetly open I'm guessing it can only be the H pipe valve.
I'll try putting the car on a lift and will video the changes during gear selection and raised RPM
Old 06-26-2019, 08:28 PM

Received 149 Likes on 112 Posts
2017 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by DaveDee
Decommissioning plug is the ASR name for valve simulator. It would be interesting if anyone knows the functions used in the H pipe, eg partial closure. There seems to be a dramatic volume drop when you move from drive to part in Sport+ and given the valves at the back are permanetly open I'm guessing it can only be the H pipe valve.
I'll try putting the car on a lift and will video the changes during gear selection and raised RPM
H pipe opens up under engine load and otherwise is used to reduce drone
Old 07-14-2019, 03:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SL65
2019 c63s owner here. I tried installing the awe simulator. My first attempt of installation, rather than moving keys 20ft away, I removed their battery. I did not wait the 10minutes, but only maybe 5min. Installed the simulator and noticed the power drop. I unplugged the simulator and replugged it back to the valve motor, power is back to 500hp. I tried reinstalling the simulator a second time by driving the keys 2km away and waiting 30minutes, power drop again.

I got frustrated and attempted to remove the valve motors off while leaving in plugged in, in hopes the car can communicate with the valve while the valve is still physically open 100%. There are 3 8mm nuts holding the valve motor to the valve flap. That also resulted in power loss; im guessing the valve motor kept on rotating without feeling resistance of the valve stuck open/closed, thus throwing the soft code and reducing power. I’m waiting for office hours to call AWE to get a refund now.

Now I’m just tempted to drill out the flap of the valve.

Also on a similar note, I removed my mufflers, cut them open, and welded in straight pipes to connect the muffler inlet to the two outlet tips. OEM muffler is surprisely unrestricted. There is no fibreglass or sound deadening. It’s just a open hollow chamber with the plumbing tracts perforated.

That made the car sound louder but I’m surprised how quiet these turbo AMG are. My v8 Audi s5 and v10 m6 are IMMENSELY louder than this when ‘straight piped+cats’. I guess the next step to go louder is straight down pipes.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:29 PM

2017 C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by decadecivic
2019 c63s owner here. I tried installing the awe simulator. My first attempt of installation, rather than moving keys 20ft away, I removed their battery. I did not wait the 10minutes, but only maybe 5min. Installed the simulator and noticed the power drop. I unplugged the simulator and replugged it back to the valve motor, power is back to 500hp. I tried reinstalling the simulator a second time by driving the keys 2km away and waiting 30minutes, power drop again.

I got frustrated and attempted to remove the valve motors off while leaving in plugged in, in hopes the car can communicate with the valve while the valve is still physically open 100%. That also resulted in power loss; im guessing the valve motor kept on rotating without feeling resistance of the valve stuck open/closed, thus throwing the soft code and reducing power. I’m waiting for office hours to call AWE to get a refund now.

Also on a similar note, I removed my mufflers, cut them open, and welded in straight pipes to connect the muffler inlet to the two outlet tips. OEM muffler is surprisely unrestricted. There is no fibreglass or sound deadening. It’s just a open hollow chamber with the plumbing tracts perforated.

That made the car sound louder but I’m surprised how quiet these turbo AMG are. My v8 Audi s5 and v10 m6 are IMMENSELY louder than this when ‘straight piped+cats’. I guess the next step to go louder is straight down pipes.
you know something isnt right when someone says an Audi s5 is louder then an AMG. These 2019s are probably to blame because im pretty sure no stock audi is louder than my stock amg.
The following users liked this post:
cyberorth (07-15-2019)
Old 07-14-2019, 03:32 PM

SL65
Originally Posted by untamedd
you know something isnt right when someone says an Audi s5 is louder then an AMG. These 2019s are probably to blame because im pretty sure no stock audi is louder than my stock amg.
I think it’s the nature of turbo cars. Or in this case, a relatively small snail to engine size. Look at those turbos in the hood. They are quite tiny. Back in the days when I was into building Honda with B18 turbos, I’d be throwing in turbos that are much larger, and squeezing 300whp from 1.8L. Comparatively, these turbos are fundamentally making 250hp out of 2.0 displacement, each side of the bank, kinda sorta can logic that way.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:34 PM

SL65
The previous gen c63 with the 6.2 could get really stupid loud, louder than the s5. But this turbo 4.0 ...man I’m kinda disappointed at the sound.

It makes up for it for being fast tho :/ wish it can be louder.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:40 PM

2017 C63S Coupe
The previous gen c63 with the 6.2 could get really stupid loud, louder than the s5. But this turbo 4.0 ...man I’m kinda disappointed at the sound.

It makes up for it for being fast tho :/ wish it can be louder.
funny you say that because yes the car is fast but for the same price i couldve bought a faster car. only reason i bought this was because of the sound and yes its a smaller displacement but what i was trying to say is that from reading ppls comments on the forum it looks like the new facelift c63 is to blame for not being 'loud enough'. I have no complaints in the sound department from my 2017 c63s and im sure owners of pre face lift models will agree that no bmw, audi etc come even close to sounding as good.

You can always do a secondary cat delete to make your car sound more mean. Not sure why no 2019 owner has done this yet.
Old 07-14-2019, 03:46 PM

SL65
Originally Posted by untamedd
funny you say that because yes the car is fast but for the same price i couldve bought a faster car. only reason i bought this was because of the sound and yes its a smaller displacement but what i was trying to say is that from reading ppls comments on the forum it looks like the new facelift c63 is to blame for not being 'loud enough'. I have no complaints in the sound department from my 2017 c63s and im sure owners of pre face lift models will agree that no bmw, audi etc come even close to sounding as good.

You can always do a secondary cat delete to make your car sound more mean. Not sure why no 2019 owner has done this yet.
Aww man. I entered the market 2 years too late

who wants to trade their pre2017 c63 for my 2019 c63s with 6000km. Located in Vancouver Canada. :P
Old 07-14-2019, 05:55 PM

AMG GLC 63s

I got frustrated and attempted to remove the valve motors off while leaving in plugged in, in hopes the car can communicate with the valve while the valve is still physically open 100%. There are 3 8mm nuts holding the valve motor to the valve flap. That also resulted in power loss; im guessing the valve motor kept on rotating without feeling resistance of the valve stuck open/closed, thus throwing the soft code and reducing power. I’m waiting for office hours to call AWE to get a refund now.

I bring ASR gear to Australia and the guys at ASR tell me the plugs are not compatible with late model C63s but the RX1 controller is. I have and RX1 in my GLC 63 (but its an 2018). After install and running scanned for codes there were no relavant codes and no loss of power later check some 3000kms later the same

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: $50 C63S Exhaust Valve Mod: Force Valves Open 100% with AWE Simulators