C63S Coupe KW HAS installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-24-2018, 04:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 580 Likes on 334 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
C63S Coupe KW HAS installed

Had my KW HAS kit installed by IND Distribution in Chicago over the past weekend and it turned out great. I wanted to post this because there were a bunch of members reporting problems with their KW kits, and I wanted to share my positive experience with zero issues. I put over 400 miles on the car between Friday after the install till today. No noises, no binding. Turn in is sharper and more direct, comfort mode ride a little bit softer than before S and S+ feel the same. The car feels more direct. I wanted to post this so people thinking about going KW HAS for their coupes can see that the people who had issues with their was probably due to installer error or maybe faulty kits.

Old 04-24-2018, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes C63s
hey! looks awesome... Do you think if you had spacers all round and a full car it would rub?
Old 04-24-2018, 05:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

There is some heavy camber in the front, but they got the alignment to factory specs. Probably going to do the KMAC kit to dial out the camber, and run 265 front and 305 rear is possible. I know it would rub in the rear with spacers but the fronts IDK. As it sits now there is zero rubbing over bumps and dips.
Old 04-24-2018, 07:11 PM
SPONSOR

Received 65 Likes on 57 Posts
G55
Glad you finally got them installed! We have installed over 30+ HAS kits locally with no issues. IND is a great shop!
Old 04-24-2018, 08:11 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 Mercedes C63s AMG
Originally Posted by raudiace4
There is some heavy camber in the front, but they got the alignment to factory specs. Probably going to do the KMAC kit to dial out the camber, and run 265 front and 305 rear is possible. I know it would rub in the rear with spacers but the fronts IDK. As it sits now there is zero rubbing over bumps and dips.
looks great, and looks "set" much lower than mine was.

i'm curious how your alignment shop was able to align/adjust the front camber as i've been told it's basically not adjustable. that is why some of us have the k-mac front bushing kit to help rectify some of the negative camber post spring installation.

enjoy!
Old 04-25-2018, 11:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by oajr

i'm curious how your alignment shop was able to align/adjust the front camber as i've been told it's basically not adjustable. that is why some of us have the k-mac front bushing kit to help rectify some of the negative camber post spring installation.

enjoy!
Thanks, I'm not sure how they got it to factory they had the car for a whole day on alignment rack to get it correct. I mainly want to dial out front camber for looks, not a fan of the heavy camber stance style. Once i get the summer tires on I'm going to raise the back up a bit to avoid rubbing for 305s. Might do spacers later, but not sure.
The following users liked this post:
oajr (04-25-2018)
Old 04-26-2018, 10:28 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Porsche 911, C63S AMG, 300CE 24
Originally Posted by oajr

enjoy!
I think he/she's saying they aligned it to factory specs which is easily achievable, they didn't dial out the camber, you can't unless you uses something like the KMAC kit.

Mine lasted a while before the noises started.
Old 04-26-2018, 03:12 PM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 Mercedes C63s AMG
Originally Posted by spence88mph
I think he/she's saying they aligned it to factory specs which is easily achievable, they didn't dial out the camber, you can't unless you uses something like the KMAC kit.

Mine lasted a while before the noises started.
yes, that makes sense. straight ahead aligned to spec, yes, camber to spec probably not.