JB4 almost ready for 63 and 63s - MBWorld.org Forums

C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JB4 almost ready for 63 and 63s

Old 06-13-2018, 12:26 PM

Mercedes C43 AMG Sedan
JB4 almost ready for 63 and 63s

Guys, I do not if anyone posted it here. But the JB4 is almost ready for you guys(63 and 63s) as well now from Burger Tuning. In my opinion it is the best piggy out there and for our platform atleast, its the fastest tune right now, doing better than times than full tunes even. They have full access to canbus now, so almost all parameters can be tweaked I think.

Just a heads up. May be some of you guys can reach out to Terry and see if you can Beta test it. I am probably getting mine soon.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:48 PM

W205 C63s 2015
Jb4

Who did you talk to there?
I emailed the guys this week and they said they hoped to have it ready for the end of the year for the c63 - c63s.
Old 06-13-2018, 12:57 PM

Mercedes C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by zipzap View Post
Who did you talk to there?
I emailed the guys this week and they said they hoped to have it ready for the end of the year for the c63 - c63s.
I talked with Terry. Weird he told me the JB4 will include the entire w205 platform this time. May be reach out to him directly or post in N54tuning.com. I am having mine shipped by end of week.
Old 06-13-2018, 01:38 PM

W205 c63s AMG
Will it be stackable with ecu tunes? Coming from the n54 world I know they stack mhd+jb4

I've already been tuned by eurocharged so hopefully
Old 06-13-2018, 01:41 PM

Mercedes C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by Mr. Pink View Post
Will it be stackable with ecu tunes? Coming from the n54 world I know they stack mhd+jb4

I've already been tuned by eurocharged so hopefully
Yes it is possible, but if you are at high boost already from your EC tune, then using the Jb4 to stack would be kind of pushing it. May be in higher gears, where you can handle more boost?
Old 06-13-2018, 03:04 PM

'17 AMG C63S Coupe
Very interesting. Iíd still prefer something like a Cobb AP style tune if I were to replace my Dinan tune, but a JB4 would be hard to beat in terms of cost and flexibility with different setups.

Are there multiple maps with switching support? Maps with different types of fuel? So many questions...
Old 06-13-2018, 03:07 PM

Mercedes C43 AMG Sedan
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned View Post
Very interesting. I’d still prefer something like a Cobb AP style tune if I were to replace my Dinan tune, but a JB4 would be hard to beat in terms of cost and flexibility with different setups.

Are there multiple maps with switching support? Maps with different types of fuel? So many questions...
Yes. There is map 1 which is 3psi over ECU psi. Map 2 which is 4-5psi over ECU psi. And then a custom map 6, which you can adjust according to your wish. I use my own map 6, which ran 3mph faster than the fastest full tune available for the C43, and this was just with JB1 and pump gas. With JB4, without proper fuel, I think I can extract another 3mph.

For daily, I just use Map1. The ability to switch map on the fly makes JB one of a kind. And then when the time comes, you can kill it on a whim.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:09 PM

2017 C63S coupe
JB4 would be a welcome addition to this otherwise lacking platform. I've yet to hear anything on M177 C63 tuning from Burger so I'm skeptical last I heard was end of 2018..

Either way I hope it's priced like other JB4 products for F80 M3/M$ and not priced like the stupid Dinan piggy back, some guys happy paying $2200 for a piggy back LMFAO.

Last edited by raudiace4; 06-13-2018 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:14 PM

'17 AMG C63S Coupe
Originally Posted by raudiace4 View Post
JB4 would be a welcome addition to this otherwise lacking platform. I've yet to hear anything on M177 C63 tuning from Burger so I'm skeptical last I heard was end of 2018..

Either way I hope it's priced like other JB4 products for F80 M3/M$ and not priced like the stupid Dinan piggy back, some guys happy paying $2500 for a piggy back LMFAO.
No one pays retail for Dinan though... you can buy them new for around $1700. Thatís still probably double what this JB4 will cost, though no warranty if things go wrong.

Iím mostly interested in JB4 for tweaking maps and trying different maps with race gas or ethanol.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:15 PM

2017 C63S coupe
Originally Posted by munis View Post
Yes. There is map 1 which is 3psi over ECU psi. Map 2 which is 4-5psi over ECU psi. And then a custom map 6, which you can adjust according to your wish. I use my own map 6, which ran 3mph faster than the fastest full tune available for the C43, and this was just with JB1 and pump gas. With JB4, without proper fuel, I think I can extract another 3mph.

For daily, I just use Map1. The ability to switch map on the fly makes JB one of a kind. And then when the time comes, you can kill it on a whim.
You are talking about C43 JB1/4 maps on a C63 forum. He's asking for information about C63 JB4 which you do not know, and are only speculating. The experience could be completely different on our motors vs yours.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:18 PM

2017 C63S coupe
Originally Posted by AlexZTuned View Post

No one pays retail for Dinan though... you can buy them new for around $1700. Thatís still probably double what this JB4 will cost, though no warranty if things go wrong.

Iím mostly interested in JB4 for tweaking maps and trying different maps with race gas or ethanol.

They are both piggy backs, why would JB4 void warranty over Dinan? Remove both, and technically your Dinan can also void your warranty if they look hard enough. I'm interested in what maps they offer, 93/100/E85 etc. And if they will allow stacking like on the F80 world. BMW always have a million options and MB never has anything.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:22 PM

Mercedes C43 AMG Sedan
You are talking about C43 JB1/4 maps on a C63 forum. He's asking for information about C63 JB4 which you do not know, and are only speculating. The experience could be completely different on our motors vs yours.
Not really. They are being developed together. The interface will still be the same. It just might tap into a few more parameters. JB4 has worked pretty much the same for most of the cars. Boost, fuel, and timing. Clear CEL for DPs.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:25 PM

2017 C63S coupe
All speculation unless it's coming directly from Burger tuning.
Old 06-13-2018, 03:26 PM

Mercedes C43 AMG Sedan
It is.
Old 06-13-2018, 04:32 PM

a UFO
not familiar with burger, seems like another piggy back? except you plug it into ecu odb, and no sensors so its cheaper? why does it say except california LOL? all californian is out of luck?
Old 06-13-2018, 05:06 PM

'15 C63S
A few things:

Dinan's expensive because a) it's one of the few proven piggybacks that's been developed States-side, b) it's a much smaller enthusiast market than say, the BMW side of the house so early adopters are going to be eating the R&D cost and c) the big one; Dinan will cover warranty issues if Mercedes decides to void your warranty due to the piggyback. Granted I didn't have to pay for mine, but at the street price point that's been floated, I think it's very reasonable.

Given that, I'd love to see more options show up, including a solution that uses OBDII instead of a messy wiring loom.
Old 06-13-2018, 05:18 PM

'17 AMG C63S Coupe
They are both piggy backs, why would JB4 void warranty over Dinan? Remove both, and technically your Dinan can also void your warranty if they look hard enough. I'm interested in what maps they offer, 93/100/E85 etc. And if they will allow stacking like on the F80 world. BMW always have a million options and MB never has anything.
I'm referring to the drivetrain warranty that Dinan matches from the factory. If you have issues with warranty coverage at the dealership because you're tuned, Dinan will cover it... that's why they charge what they do.
Old 06-13-2018, 09:14 PM

Bmw
I'll buy it, cheap,fast and reliable. Had it on my n54 with no problems. Some, if not most of the fastest BMWs are running JB4.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:05 AM
Oky

2015 C63S Edition 1
It it definitely not speculation. JB1 as well as JB4 coming to this platform very soon.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:02 AM

Porsche GT3 RS / C63S sedan
Proof will be in the pudding but given my prior experience with them on the Audi S3, I will bet it's an exceptional tune/product. Their tune on the S3 was really great for an intercept box and their customer support was even better the few times I had questions.
Old 06-14-2018, 08:58 AM

Mercedes C43 AMG Sedan
What I love about burgertuning is that Terry says it as it is. I have never seen him try to lure customers in by giving a false sense of security that tuning is hunky dory for your car which a lot of tuners do. Neither in terms of warranty nor on wear and tear. I do not need that assurance, just tell it to me as it is.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:12 AM

2018 C63S Sedan
Can I get cheese on that?
Old 06-14-2018, 09:20 AM

Mercedes-Benz c63 AMG
They are both piggy backs, why would JB4 void warranty over Dinan?
They both void warranty. Difference is that Dinan comes with their own warranty to fill in the gap. JB doesn't.

Coming from N54 platform, I would 100% trust JB... They know what they're doing and have a great reputation to protect. I may consider this, though I've always been hesitant to use piggybacks... Today's advanced piggybacks have definitely proven to be safe as effective... Maybe just my old school brain having a hard time adjusting haha.

Last edited by skim7x; 06-14-2018 at 09:24 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:19 AM

'15 C63S
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
They both void warranty. Difference is that Dinan comes with their own warranty to fill in the gap. JB doesn't.

Coming from N54 platform, I would 100% trust JB... They know what they're doing and have a great reputation to protect. I may consider this, though I've always been hesitant to use piggybacks... Today's advanced piggybacks have definitely proven to be safe as effective... Maybe just my old school brain having a hard time adjusting haha.
I was about to type almost exactly what your last sentence says. I understand the reputation, the reviews, and all the experience that shows a piggyback can work. At the same time, with as complex as modern engines are, it just seems odd to base tuning on lies to the ECU. I understand how/why it works, but the fundamental logic behind how it works just doesn't sit well with me.

Trust me, I have experience with BMS and their JB4 (my wife's X5 was one of the first F15 N55 to run the JB4, back when BMS was saying the JB4 wasn't compatible but really was). It worked well and did give a significant power boost with no issues. But when it comes down to it, a true ECU flash tune is the absolute best way to go if at all possible. Maybe not from a pure performance standpoint (you are at the end of the day altering the same parameters), but definitely from a safety/reliability standpoint. It might be a 0.1% chance something goes wrong, but a flash tune would cover you the same way the OEM tune would, with the same complete control over all possible parameters with true data being supplied to the ECU. A piggyback (potentially) might not simply by the nature of its inherent design.
Old 06-14-2018, 11:01 AM

2017 C63S coupe
The both can void your factory warranty, I know Dinan offers their "warranty" but tuner warranties are always a huge headache when it come to actual claims and coverage.

That being said, till OBD2 flashing is out piggybacks seem to be the best option for people who don't want to remove ECU. ECU flashed tunes will always be better than piggybacks.

Last edited by raudiace4; 06-14-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: JB4 almost ready for 63 and 63s

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: