MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   Estate with BC Forged Wheels (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/718493-estate-bc-forged-wheels.html)

AV1 09-06-2018 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by blowoff (Post 7545683)
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e00c693ba1.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e56275adae.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...8e71b16176.jpg
Opti Coat + Done, Front windows tinted... Getting there with it.
A Willall piggyback was already installed when buying it. Having a ECU Remap done next week, going with Ktac and Quantum Tunning.
They will also tune the gearbox increasing the line pressures to save the clutch packs.
Looks like good figures over stock.
We have limited options here in Australia.

Sorry to go off topic but reading your post above - if you have the opportunity to travel to Melbourne the tuning options for this platform have really opened up big time over the last twelve months, (I'm keeping a close eye on these workshops and their activities for when my C63 eventually arrives) there's the choice ranging from simple piggy to full blown turbo swaps with built engines...AFAIK there's options in Sydney as well, maybe Sanch can help with that one.

blowoff 09-06-2018 10:42 PM

Thanks for the info. Sydney is over 2400kms away Melb add another 1000.
I would really like for the OBDII Port Tuning to be available with a flash tuner for our AMG's. Might still be a long while off....
Had a Ford FPV f6 with SCT flash tuner which was great which allowed full custom tunes done on the Dyno.

AV1 09-06-2018 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by blowoff (Post 7548151)
Thanks for the info. Sydney is over 2400kms away Melb add another 1000.
I would really like for the OBDII Port Tuning to be available with a flash tuner for our AMG's. Might still be a long while off....
Had a Ford FPV f6 with SCT flash tuner which was great which allowed full custom tunes done on the Dyno.

IMHO for how long this platforms been out now and how many tuning "big name" camps have had a go at it in that time it's not going to happen.

Not to worry though if you want to tune mild or extreme, the options are now available here in Aust. might not be as convenient as OBD2 but at least there's a variety of options to choose from.

BTW very nice new look with the aftermarket wheel set up.

blowoff 09-06-2018 11:20 PM

Alien tuning are having a good go at cracking the OBD2 port tunning, who knows when they will get there.
Cheers on the positive comments, spent so many hours designing the wheels. Great how BC have so many choices.

AV1 09-07-2018 01:58 AM

Originally Posted by blowoff (Post 7548181)
Alien tuning are having a good go at cracking the OBD2 port tunning, who knows when they will get there.
Cheers on the positive comments, spent so many hours designing the wheels. Great how BC have so many choices.

Yeah, they're pretty good only one negative story I've heard thus far re. BC Forged.

First mod I'm going to do (like most of my other cars) with the 63 is wheels, there isn't a single OEM offering for the 205 series that I like it was a different story for the 204.

I've used HRE, Asanti and B Forged in the past with great results.

Keep us informed with the OBD2 outcome, I'm sure lots of people are going to be all over that one if it comes through.

thewb 09-07-2018 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by C3504matic (Post 7535153)
Dan at BC Forged basically refused to change or deviate from what he decided on then he kept saying this is what I want ,to move the wheel in 1/2 " ....I want the entire wheel in 1/2 " but he refused to make the change ...what do I do ? It's been a really pain .

I started by ordering wheels through Vibe Motorsports who really screwed up . I wanted hidden hardware and they ordered me exposed hardware then tried to convince me it would look better ,hence the reason you see the set on EBAY for sale . Dan at BC Forged came up with the offsets and refused to change the wheels after Vibe had ordered them but it had been a few weeks into the order when I noticed the mistake . Vibe then tried to say they had an idea that by having BC Forged install the hardware backwards it will sort of give me the look of hidden .......I was like WTF and blew up . Vibe and I had it out over the phone and they ended the call refusing to buy new centers to correct the hardware issue.I had to battle it out through PayPal to get my money back and it took a couple of months but they finally refunded my money because my invoice showed I ordered the hidden hardware ...now Vibe is stuck with them .

Dan had me order through another vendor which was fine but now I'm months into waiting for my wheels and now this offset issue .Another 4 or 5 weeks they said and so I'm waiting for these new wheels .For me this has been a complete let down considering how much we pay for these wheels . I left most of the choices in the hands of those I thought knew exactly what works and apparently maybe not . I'm sure they have fitted those +50 10.5's on sedan but I'll guarantee they hit the body .There is no way it would just be mine ..... maybe others don't complain but you shouldn't have to worry about getting a full tank of gas or putting someone in the rear . Those 10.5's stuck out past the body noticeably and I called and told him the first day and Dan replied thats what others run and have no problems . Anyway it's been a giant pain in the ass this whole ordeal and to the point I almost traded it in yesterday on a 997.2 911 turbo s , still working on the deal but dealer isn't willing to give me a fair trade in price citing its hard to sell these lol

Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your nightmare. As Sanch eluded to earlier, one of the best reasons of going with a custom forged wheel is that you can pick your own specs if you choose to do so. This is a reminder to many on the forums that it is vital to go with a trusted vendor and wheel company. Once again I'm sorry that you had to go through something like that. If you need anything at all in the future please keep myself & Wheels Boutique in mind. We will take care of you 100% from beginning to end.

AV1 09-07-2018 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by thewb (Post 7548557)
Wow, I'm sorry to hear about your nightmare. As Sanch eluded to earlier, one of the best reasons of going with a custom forged wheel is that you can pick your own specs if you choose to do so. This is a reminder to many on the forums that it is vital to go with a trusted vendor and wheel company. Once again I'm sorry that you had to go through something like that. If you need anything at all in the future please keep myself & Wheels Boutique in mind. We will take care of you 100% from beginning to end.

Yep, that's the one.

blowoff 09-08-2018 05:10 AM

The comments above about BC Forged Wheels and people like thewb posting spam promoting his business need justification.
Firstly the above buyer of these wheels had bad experiences regarding specs, the distributer you dealt with had NO idea of the specs required for our cars. Not BC's fault. Why would you go direct to BC for specs, (save a few dollars ??) cheap charily ! and you got bitten, they make the wheels as per directed by distributers via yourself.
Some people really have no idea how things work ! and make themselves look like gooses on the internet.
I spent a hour with the distributer I brought my BC's off and BC would make any size/spec as per directed and steered by the distributer.
As for the praying like of thewb who will post up his crap and promote his business at a drop of a hat and discredit other suppliers. Making his posts in larger text and highlighting in red (OH the all special and important thewb) get off your high horse and pull your head in !
If you do not know the specs of the wheels (or anything else of our cars) you want use a reputable distributor and do not go to the manufacture themselves....
End of Rant !

Sanch 09-10-2018 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by thewb (Post 7548557)

+1 Find a well reputed vendor and they should take care of the process start to finish... seamlessly. Also, depends on brand of wheels you are looking to get and if they stock them.

Lesson learned I guess - I hope other don't face this issue.

C3504matic 09-10-2018 01:34 AM

Well...... both distributors I dealt with relied on BC for the specs and the one I finally got the set from is the biggest BC dealer in the US . Dan @ BC said he knew what I needed as they had done other sets for others C63 owners . He was adamant that +50 was the way to go so I relied on his experience . In my experience yes they fit but not with my amount of lowering .They hit the body on dips on the road and bumps . I made mods to my bumpers to try and give it add't clearance but still hit so had to raise it back up 3/4's of a inch in the rear . After some discussion and questioning what he set me up with he finally decided to make a change and take a 1/2" out and gave me a 10" rear at +57 . They work perfect now .....I dropped the rear back down a bit and could probably go more and I'm running a 285/30/20 and could probably fit a 295 . I asked for a 10.5 @ +55 but they wouldn't make it for me stating they don't do that offset and only offered me a 10" +57 . To be honest Dan @ BC Forged was a bit of a dick . He gave me 1 choice , his choice and after all the bull**** with Vibe and getting jerked around I would of thought they would have be a bit more open . I would say if you are gong to run a 10.5 w/ a 285/30/20 the offset is +55 . Dan kept insisting I run a 25 series tire but I explained I didn't want to because any decent pothole would result in damage to both the tire and rim more than likely so running a 30 gave me a but more protection and these cars ride hard anyway . The +57 10" works running a 30 series and all this talk about "wide puts more to the ground" is mute when your lowered and running negative camber .You can see clearly see how much tread is making contact when the tire is off .I also have adjustable rear upper arms to install but being lowered and running 20's there isn't any room to add positive and it will just make it hit the body again . It's tight the way it is but its not hitting anywhere now so Im best just to leave it alone
https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...87d8f5315.jpeg
these are the new 10"s +57 and work perfect , not rubbing at all
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...28f591efb.jpeg
this was before w/ 10.5's at dan's from BC Forged's choice of +50 running 285/30/20's The wheel is sitting a 1/2" past the body and it hit on dips and bumps on the road.You can see how much I had to raise the rear and it still hit but he stated this is how everyone is running them ...... I told him they are all hitting the body /w/ this offset because my car isn't any different . Now if you have a coupe then +50 would work but not on a sedan if you're lowered

Sanch 09-10-2018 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by blowoff (Post 7548972)
The comments above about BC Forged Wheels and people like thewb posting spam promoting his business need justification.
Firstly the above buyer of these wheels had bad experiences regarding specs, the distributer you dealt with had NO idea of the specs required for our cars. Not BC's fault. Why would you go direct to BC for specs, (save a few dollars ??) cheap charily ! and you got bitten, they make the wheels as per directed by distributers via yourself.
Some people really have no idea how things work ! and make themselves look like gooses on the internet.
I spent a hour with the distributer I brought my BC's off and BC would make any size/spec as per directed and steered by the distributer.
As for the praying like of thewb who will post up his crap and promote his business at a drop of a hat and discredit other suppliers. Making his posts in larger text and highlighting in red (OH the all special and important thewb) get off your high horse and pull your head in !
If you do not know the specs of the wheels (or anything else of our cars) you want use a reputable distributor and do not go to the manufacture themselves....
End of Rant !

Hey Mate,

I agree with what you are saying... but also believe it's inappropriate to take a stab at sponsors (the reason why forums like this exist). TWB are actually one of the biggest and most reputable that I've heard about (and I live in Sydney, Australia). They like other vendors are here to sell yes... but they are also here to make the process a lot easier.

Also, I don't believe C3504matic went directly to BC to save $$$ but because he was happy to pay for the exact fitment he was after (I would have done the same).

Let's enjoy and share our passion peacefully :)

C3504matic 09-10-2018 10:35 PM

No ...I went directly to BC after my Vibe gong show and asked them for direction to another supplier that I could trust not to jerk me around

Sanch 09-11-2018 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by C3504matic (Post 7550903)
No ...I went directly to BC after my Vibe gong show and asked them for direction to another supplier that I could trust not to jerk me around

BC North America or BC Taiwan (where they are actually made)?

C3504matic 09-11-2018 12:15 AM

BC North America ,located in Florida

Sanch 09-11-2018 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by C3504matic (Post 7550952)
BC North America ,located in Florida

Anyway, it's all fixed now man. Just enjoy the beast!

C3504matic 09-11-2018 12:19 AM

agree

C63S Estate 04-24-2019 02:24 AM

G'day folks - haven't been here for a while so apologies for activating an old thread. Just wanted to give an alternative view of BC Forged on an estate. I am running 20s with 9.5 (f) and 10.5 (r) and lowered with a KW HAS kit. Down here in Melbourne the roads are ordinary but have no problems with the ride.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...5e294428bc.jpg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...2fb54bf0a0.jpg