C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Airscarf on Performance Seats in 2019 C63s Cabrio?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2019, 01:14 PM

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
c63s
Originally Posted by rustybear3
I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! When I saw on the US website that both the C63 CAB and the GT performance seats shown with the Airscarf, I thought that clinched it! It didn't make sense to me to offer it in Europe and not the US.

How could your sales manager and the AMG rep be so wrong? So glad you finally confirmed this through the c-series product manager in Germany. How did you manage to think or get ahold of that person?

You must post pics when you get your new car. Can you imagine? Your sales guy almost had you pass on that wonderful upgrade.
rustybear3, seriously, I'm happy I was so OCD that I was able to reach out to people in Germany. Haha. I'm sure they're all annoyed with me by now, but I DON'T CARE! LOL. It's the difference between getting and not getting the configuration I'll have to live with for a few years. Yes, I hope all goes well from here on out...gonna be a looong 4 month wait.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:16 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by AV1
I believe this is available also for the Australian market but it's referred to as "vented seat option" for '19 performance seats.

I'll know for certain next month when the first deliveries of Australian bound facelifted 2019 C63's start to arrive.
AV1, I think this is referring to the "ventilated" seat feature, which was also not available on the performance seats prior to MY19. This feature was included as of this year, but there was no question about it as there was about the AIRSCARF feature. This is all regarding the Cabriolet model, btw. AIRSCARF is not relevant to non-cabrio models.
Old 01-15-2019, 09:30 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by mrguitar
AV1, I think this is referring to the "ventilated" seat feature, which was also not available on the performance seats prior to MY19. This feature was included as of this year, but there was no question about it as there was about the AIRSCARF feature. This is all regarding the Cabriolet model, btw. AIRSCARF is not relevant to non-cabrio models.
Apologies, I did get the 2 separate option features mixed up
Old 01-15-2019, 09:32 PM

c63s
BTW, my guess would be that AIRSCARF is in fact included since the ventilated feature was included at the same time.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:50 PM

c63s
After further research on performance seats in general, i'm having 2nd thoughts since i'll typically be using this car for daily driving, some days 2-3 hours on the road. gonna have to start another thread on standard vs perf. seats again...
Old 01-19-2019, 04:55 AM

Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts
C43
Definitely able to spec (although on my C43)

Had to to upgrade to leather seats for the AIRSCARF.

Old 03-14-2019, 04:51 PM

c63s
Today I FINALLY sat in the performance seats in a '19 sedan on a dealer lot and I have decided...

*DRUM ROLL*

To get the performance seats! LOL. I know this is lame, but it's finally closure for me regarding all my posts on this subject.

I sat in them for a good 10 minutes, playing with all the adjustments in every combination and it's safe to say that they are in fact very comfortable. Also, I'm also comparing directly to my current BMW M4 and that car doesn't have any seat upgrades and I would say the C63 is more slightly more cushion-y than those on the bottom, a little harder than the bimmer on the back, but soooo much more adjustable and able to find a good seating position. The back side, although harder, didn't take away from the comfort at all since they basically wrap around your back. I can see how the side bolsters would bother people if you're body is wide; even in the widest setting they are not really wide/flat, especially at the thigh bolsters. Also, as others have mentioned, the bolster adjustments move like 1 inch in either direction...it's almost laughable how little they adjust. That said, they still make the seats feel snug and my body, hugged.

The regular sport seats are definitely more cushion-y and soft, but I don't think people realize that, when making turns or in spirited driving, your body sliding around is somewhat frustrating--at least, for me (steering goes out of whack). Also, I couldn't get a good seating position with the sport seats. I just felt high up and somewhat "forced" to sit in the limited positions those seats offered. These seats are still good, just more for a more pure luxurious/cushy ride.

In the end, I think the decision should come down to (besides cost) whether you value cushioning more or support more, with the prior leaning more towards the sport seats, and the latter to the performance seats. Whether they are worth $2500 extra is in the wallet of the beholder.

Anyway, my (hard earned) $.02