MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   Is Airscarf on Performance Seats in 2019 C63s Cabrio? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/729871-airscarf-performance-seats-2019-c63s-cabrio.html)

mrguitar 12-11-2018 12:10 PM

Is Airscarf on Performance Seats in 2019 C63s Cabrio?

What the subject says...does the performance seat upgrade come with the airscarf feature in the cabriolet? Based on the photos I would say no, but just want to be sure...thanks in advance!

rustybear3 12-11-2018 12:45 PM

I would say yes, it does come with airscarf. When you enter the $2000 performance seat upgrade, it doesn't say that it eliminates airscarf....as a matter of fact, when you are through with your build, it shows it as standard equipment. No where does it say adding a seating package would eliminate it.

mrguitar 12-11-2018 12:48 PM

Hey thanks. I noticed that exact same thing too in the standard equipment, but I just can't come to grips with it...if you look at the performance seats there is no place for a vent at the headrest area like there is on the standard seat...??

rustybear3 12-11-2018 12:54 PM

It may be just the picture; could be deceiving. Would be nice to have the DOG guide for that model, but I don't have it (I do for other models). I guess your best bet would be to check with a dealer and have him check his.

By the way, I have it on my E450 CAB. Absolutely first rate!

mrguitar 12-11-2018 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7626692)
It may be just the picture; could be deceiving. Would be nice to have the DOG guide for that model, but I don't have it (I do for other models). I guess your best bet would be to check with a dealer and have him check his.

By the way, I have it on my E450 CAB. Absolutely first rate!

Agreed it could be a photo thing...can any dealers or owners comment on this, first hand? Thanks!

splunge 12-12-2018 08:57 AM

Airscarf definitely was NOT available with the performance seats in the 2018 cabrio , in fact there is nowhere to install the vents in the seat design .

mrguitar 12-12-2018 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by splunge (Post 7627486)
Airscarf definitely was NOT available with the performance seats in the 2018 cabrio , in fact there is nowhere to install the vents in the seat design .

Yeah my dealer pretty much said the same thing. Gonna play it safe and order without perf seats since those neck warmers are a must...

rustybear3 12-12-2018 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by mrguitar (Post 7627577)
Yeah my dealer pretty much said the same thing. Gonna play it safe and order without perf seats since those neck warmers are a must...

Absolutely. You have to have the airscarf. Bad move on MB not to point that out on their performance seat option. I know if I had gotten my car without the airscarf after it deemed standard on the CAB, just because of a seat upgrade, I'd refuse delivery. I wonder how many pissed off owners did not know that before they selected that option?

mrguitar 12-12-2018 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7627593)
Absolutely. You have to have the airscarf. Bad move on MB not to point that out on their performance seat option. I know if I had gotten my car without the airscarf after it deemed standard on the CAB, just because of a seat upgrade, I'd refuse delivery. I wonder how many pissed off owners did not know that before they selected that option?

Exactly...so glad I even thought about this before placing my order. I love everything about those performance seats (and EVERYONE says they are more comfortable than the regular seats), but without the neck warmers, it's a deal-killer on the Cabrio, plain and simple. Hopefully this thread helps someone else in the future!

splunge 12-12-2018 12:53 PM

I have also found , now that I'm experiencing the first Canadian winter with my cabrio , that the neck heaters offer very good IMMEDIATE heat ( with the roof closed ), prior to the regular heating which can take 10 minutes or more to build up !

mrguitar 12-12-2018 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by splunge (Post 7627708)
I have also found , now that I'm experiencing the first Canadian winter with my cabrio , that the neck heaters offer very good IMMEDIATE heat ( with the roof closed ), prior to the regular heating which can take 10 minutes or more to build up !

I've not used it yet on an MBZ, but I have same feature on my BMW M4 Convertible, and although I don't readily need it often out here in SoCal, it is definitely useful and handy...for sure, my wife loves it. :D

mrguitar 12-12-2018 05:09 PM

duhhhhh...huh?

Check 7:05...those are the performance seats...WITH airscarf??? What in the world? Looks like RustyBear3 was correct...

splunge 12-12-2018 06:04 PM

Oops ! Obviously Mercedes got complaints and added the AIRSCARF in the new facelift . Now everyone can be happy !

mrguitar 12-12-2018 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by splunge (Post 7628047)
Oops ! Obviously Mercedes got complaints and added the AIRSCARF in the new facelift . Now everyone can be happy !

Actually, after further review, it's even more baffling...!

The Youtube i sent was for 2018 model AND it was the Euro-spec...maybe not available in the US?

I've seen at least 2 other Youtubes with the performance seat WITHOUT the airscarf.

I have no idea why it's so confusing...! Wish a dealer could just say one way or the other.

mrguitar 12-13-2018 11:14 AM

My salesperson says it's 100% not available on the performance seats...i guess that's that. Sounds like Euro-spec has it made. =(

rustybear3 12-13-2018 11:23 AM

That is totally bizarre! Why would the European models have it and the US versions not? Certainly not a US standard that would prevent airscarf on just performance seats. We can see from the youtube that it can be indeed added without comprising the performance seat design. Really a mystery!

mrguitar 12-13-2018 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7628566)
That is totally bizarre! Why would the European models have it and the US versions not? Certainly not a US standard that would prevent airscarf on just performance seats. We can see from the youtube that it can be indeed added without comprising the performance seat design. Really a mystery!

your guess is as good as mine...truly a travesty though...really wanted those perf seats.

rustybear3 12-13-2018 11:48 AM

Here on their own US website are the C63 CAB performance seats shown with the airscarf. Yet another on the GT models as well.
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...97b4857556.jpg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...873577967e.jpg

mrguitar 12-13-2018 12:08 PM

what the heck??? so weird. do you have the URL you can provide where you got the C63 image from please?

rustybear3 12-13-2018 01:55 PM

Here ya go: https://www.mercedes-amg.com/en/vehi...olet/c63s.html

mrguitar 12-13-2018 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by rustybear3 (Post 7628743)

FYI, I just had the sales manager I've been working with speak directly to the AMG rep for the entire US. He said that they begged and pleaded for MBZ to make the airscarf available in the performance seats the US, but they wouldn't do it. It's a euro-only option. Seems like the final word on the subject...

rustybear3 12-14-2018 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by mrguitar (Post 7628895)
FYI, I just had the sales manager I've been working with speak directly to the AMG rep for the entire US. He said that they begged and pleaded for MBZ to make the airscarf available in the performance seats the US, but they wouldn't do it. It's a euro-only option. Seems like the final word on the subject...

Well, at least we know for sure. More importantly, I hope others read your thread before ordering, so as not to be disappointed not getting the airscarf.....I know I'd be upset.

mrguitar 01-12-2019 09:53 PM

FYI

I want to set the record straight for anyone interested in this thread...

I consulted DIRECTLY with the c-series product manager in Germany and he confirmed that AIRSCARF *** IS IN FACT INCLUDED *** with the performance seat options in the 2019 Cabriolet model in the USA.

Ugh, it's been a painful process trying to get this info, but I thought I'd share since this is what I wanted...It is official.

On a side note, a way that this is confirmed is via an actual Priority 2 order that shows it on this build at Coral Gables: https://www.mbcoralgables.com/vehicl...?vuid=27340478 (cycle through the pics).

I've changed my order accordingly since my car has not gone into production yet...

rustybear3 01-13-2019 10:39 AM

I knew it, I knew it, I knew it, I knew it! :cheers: When I saw on the US website that both the C63 CAB and the GT performance seats shown with the Airscarf, I thought that clinched it! It didn't make sense to me to offer it in Europe and not the US.

How could your sales manager and the AMG rep be so wrong? So glad you finally confirmed this through the c-series product manager in Germany. How did you manage to think or get ahold of that person?

You must post pics when you get your new car. Can you imagine? Your sales guy almost had you pass on that wonderful upgrade. :music:

AV1 01-14-2019 08:34 PM

I believe this is available also for the Australian market but it's referred to as "vented seat option" for '19 performance seats.

I'll know for certain next month when the first deliveries of Australian bound facelifted 2019 C63's start to arrive.