Sponsored by:

2019 Production Delay on Magno Paints

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-27-2018, 12:59 PM

Received 86 Likes on 57 Posts
c63s
2019 Production Delay on Magno Paints

Just FYI, I've all be verified that there is a nationwide production delay on all the Magno paints when placing custom orders right now (confirmed by multiple sales resources). No ETA as to when it will be resolved...supposedly this is across all MBZ vehicles...

Can anyone else confirm/add info to this?
Old 12-27-2018, 05:24 PM

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 C63S coupe
My production date was delayed from December to Feb 1st confirmed. Magno Graphite Paint.
Old 12-27-2018, 05:30 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by Vader C63S
My production date was delayed from December to Feb 1st confirmed. Magno Graphite Paint.
Was it because of the paint or something else? I believe this is a brand new delay...happens at the time of ordering, specifically, and only recently.

Last edited by mrguitar; 12-27-2018 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-28-2018, 04:17 PM

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts
2019 C63S coupe
i believe to the aero pkg. I checked in again with my SA. No delays for magno paint. I am in Canada.
The following users liked this post:
mrguitar (12-28-2018)
Old 12-28-2018, 04:19 PM

c63s
well...your sales person actually has to try entering in the PO in netstar to see it not work. Ask him to do that and see what he says...in general, ordering guides and car build mock-ups do not show this conflict at all (i.e. it should show as available, with no problems). It's only at the actual time of entering in an order...
Old 01-07-2019, 10:14 PM

Received 37 Likes on 17 Posts
2019 C43 AMG COUPE
C43 Order Cancelled

Confirmed, had a 2019 C43 Coupe order cancelled after being on the waiting list for 4 months since SEP 2018. Manufacturer discontinued Selenite Grey Magno for that model.

Dealership asked me to change colour, but eventually cancelled as I didn't want to settle for anything other than my dream colour.

Ended up placing an order for the 2019 C63/S instead in Graphite Grey Magno. Fingers crossed..
Old 01-07-2019, 10:53 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2015 C63S ,DME Tune, KW Has ,Kmac Bushings,BC Forged wheels,Gt Rotors,Porterfield R4S,Modal Intake
This colour is a nitemare to match for a bodyshop . You cannot just panel paint ,in most cases you have to paint the entire side of the car even for something minor and things like bird dropping and such are a recipe for disaster to this paint. You cannot just polish this colour or even just touch it up ....we cringe when we see one come into the shop . It looks great but not worth the headaches .Just understand that when you order this colour there will come a time when you wish you hadn't lol
Old 01-08-2019, 12:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,674 Likes on 2,454 Posts
2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by C3504matic
This colour is a nitemare to match for a bodyshop . You cannot just panel paint ,in most cases you have to paint the entire side of the car even for something minor and things like bird dropping and such are a recipe for disaster to this paint. You cannot just polish this colour or even just touch it up ....we cringe when we see one come into the shop . It looks great but not worth the headaches .Just understand that when you order this colour there will come a time when you wish you hadn't lol
+1...Full PPF is pretty much a must for these paints if the car spends any time driven and parked in the real world and hope nothing will ever get through the film. At that point one might as well just get the equivalent metallic paint and do a full stealth PPF for pretty much the same effect and save a couple of grand in the process. I was and still kinda am considering doing that with my upcoming Obsidian C63CS. Here's what it would look like.

More pics: https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...63s-coupe.html

Old 01-08-2019, 02:55 AM

c63s
Originally Posted by Carlo Cc
Confirmed, had a 2019 C43 Coupe order cancelled after being on the waiting list for 4 months since SEP 2018. Manufacturer discontinued Selenite Grey Magno for that model.

Dealership asked me to change colour, but eventually cancelled as I didn't want to settle for anything other than my dream colour.

Ended up placing an order for the 2019 C63/S instead in Graphite Grey Magno. Fingers crossed..
the thing is the magno paints haven’t had an ordering problem until just recently I’ve been told...so September wouldn’t be the same issue as in recent weeks. I’m still trying to determine whether the issue is still an issue. So far, it appears to be. Hate it.

Anyway, let us know whether—if you end up having to custom order—you run into the same thing. Thanks!
Old 01-08-2019, 02:57 AM

c63s
Originally Posted by C3504matic
Man, I’m reading so many mixed experiences on the magno paints. Others are touting how easy it is the maintain...I suppose body work is not the same thing as cleaning...? Can anyone else chime in on this? Curious as to real world magno experiences...I’m not concerned so much about wear/tear since I’m leasing but I don’t want the car to look bad. Lol
Old 01-08-2019, 11:23 AM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
The issue is with the coating.. Magno colors are the same as regular metallic paint but instead of a clear coat they use a matte varnish.. The issue is with the matte varnish not the paint itself. Selenite metallic and magno are the same paint just different coating.
Old 01-08-2019, 11:40 AM

Received 64 Likes on 46 Posts
'19 C43
Originally Posted by mrguitar

Man, I’m reading so many mixed experiences on the magno paints. Others are touting how easy it is the maintain...I suppose body work is not the same thing as cleaning...? Can anyone else chime in on this? Curious as to real world magno experiences...I’m not concerned so much about wear/tear since I’m leasing but I don’t want the car to look bad. Lol
The maintenance on the matte finishes is pretty simple. No waxing or polishing, just simple handwashes and having the right soap. It won't spot up like regular gloss clearcoat. I think it actually dries off more easily with a towel and swirl marks are a non-issue. However, any problems like body work, or significant scuffs or scratches, and it can get really costly and time consuming to fix. As mentioned by others, ordering the standard color you want, and then getting the matte PPF is a better, more cost effective option with all things considered. You get the ease of maintenance, and even if major bodywork is required down the road, it will cost you less for repairs and rewrap than trying to get a good repaint.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:46 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 864 Likes on 450 Posts
2020 Huracan EVO AWD - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe - 2023 C63 S Coupe -

I can chime in. I have a 2018 GTR and I spent the $9900 for the Green Hell Magno paint. Almost all Magno colors are amazing in person and pics don't do them justice. I was nervous as well. With all the talk of how hard they are to care for and costly to repair. Now that I've had this car for a year and put almost 10k miles. I think it's actually easier to care for then gloss paint. Granted, I have PPF. I feel that is something of a must. PPF will stop 99% of all road debris from penetrating through to your paint. Of course I do the obvious as well, and don't park right up front next to mini-vans at Wal Mart - lol. I go to the coin operated spray car wash. Soap it up and rinse it off. Towel dry with micro fiber and done. Paint looks amazing one year later.

The following 2 users liked this post by benzbell:
mrguitar (01-08-2019), Uga Uga (01-08-2019)
Old 01-08-2019, 04:36 PM

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
2018 C63SA Cabriolet
Originally Posted by benzbell
I go to the coin operated spray car wash. Soap it up and rinse it off. Towel dry with micro fiber and done. Paint looks amazing one year later.
Really? I thought we had to only use special shampoos that don't have waxes and other chemicals that can build up in the tine crevices of the matte finish and thus make it shiny, so I've always hand-washed my cars using the special shampoo.
Old 01-08-2019, 05:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by C6Jeff
Really? I thought we had to only use special shampoos that don't have waxes and other chemicals that can build up in the tine crevices of the matte finish and thus make it shiny, so I've always hand-washed my cars using the special shampoo.
I thought so to - in the beginning. Remember - this car is almost entirely covered with PPF. Which helps immensely. Even if it wasn't. I think you'd still be fine at a car wash IMHO. It's just soap and you rinse it off and dry it. I'd imagine if someone before you had just used the "wax" selection before you at the car wash. There might be very little that might trickle out initially still in the lines. Not enough to matter. I think it's all a scare tactic to sell over priced product. Just like hand-sanitizers.
Old 01-12-2019, 02:43 PM

2019 C43 AMG COUPE
PPF Concerns

For Xpel Stealth wrap, dealership's quoting $2825 Front and $6250 Full. Below are a few concerns on having PPF applied to my 2019 C63-S - Graphite Grey Magno order:

1. Front Wrap - There'll be a noticeable difference between the front and back half of the car, no door protection.

2. Full Wrap - Matte film distorts light and would obstruct the brilliant sheen of the Designo Magno finish. Would it end up being a simulated satin appearance, masking the genuine premium paint work?

3. Lifetime & Cost - Very expensive, will it need replacement over time? Another $6250 in 5 years?

4. Technology - Quality and durability of matte paints have improved over the last 5 years. And with its growing popularity, should new processes continue to be developed?

​​​​​​
Old 01-13-2019, 04:43 AM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
For Xpel Stealth wrap, dealership's quoting $2825 Front and $6250 Full. Below are a few concerns on having PPF applied to my 2019 C63-S - Graphite Grey Magno order:

1. Front Wrap - There'll be a noticeable difference between the front and back half of the car, no door protection.

2. Full Wrap - Matte film distorts light and would obstruct the brilliant sheen of the Designo Magno finish. Would it end up being a simulated satin appearance, masking the genuine premium paint work?

3. Lifetime & Cost - Very expensive, will it need replacement over time? Another $6250 in 5 years?

4. Technology - Quality and durability of matte paints have improved over the last 5 years. And with its growing popularity, should new processes continue to be developed?

​​​​​​
Woah $2825 seems incredibly high. A reputable shop typically charges around the $1900 mark?
Old 01-13-2019, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 112 Likes on 97 Posts
2016 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by Xec

Woah $2825 seems incredibly high. A reputable shop typically charges around the $1900 mark?
I did full hood and fenders, front bumper headlights and mirrors/door handle cups and trunk lip for $1325 but it was a very good deal with 2 of us at once so I think $1500-1600 is good and mine was not stealth so if that is more add that.
Old 01-15-2019, 01:22 PM

c63s
uhhhh all this PPF talk is making me nervous again...I've settled with Cashmere Magno paint and am not planning to PPF it. Was hoping maintenance would be a breeze based on what I've read from realworld owners...benzbell, do you think your maintenance is easy due to the PPF? Or is it just easy in general?
Old 01-15-2019, 04:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

uhhhh all this PPF talk is making me nervous again...I've settled with Cashmere Magno paint and am not planning to PPF it. Was hoping maintenance would be a breeze based on what I've read from realworld owners...benzbell, do you think your maintenance is easy due to the PPF? Or is it just easy in general?
I purposely left PPF off the rear hatch and bumper on my Green Hell Magno to check a couple of things. One was the difference in color, with and without PPF. Very negligible at best. Next, was is it easy to care for without PPF - yes. I had planned on going back to finish the job. However, never did because I felt no need to. I would be confident in not having PPF on magno paint as far as ease of care - to answer your question. Except for one thing. Whether, you have gloss or magno. You WILL eventually get chips on your hood and the frontal area of the car. Tis unavoidable. So at the very least - hood, mirrors, fenders, headlights and the frontal area. I didn't do this on my last C63 S and when I got rid of it after 2 years and 24k miles. It was noticeable - the chips. As I said, PPF will stop 99% of all road debris from penetrating, and damaging/chipping your paint. So it doesn't really matter, if it's gloss or magno at that point. It's about protection.

Last edited by benzbell; 01-15-2019 at 05:03 PM. Reason: text
The following users liked this post:
mrguitar (01-15-2019)
Old 01-15-2019, 05:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,674 Likes on 2,454 Posts
2019 C63CS
Regular maintenance is not really the issue, IMO. The issue is damage that inevitably happens in the course of driving the car in the real world. Things like bird droppings that start etching into the clear coat, tree sap, scratches and damages caused by others and just daily contaminants that the car will be exposed to. As mentioned earlier, gloss paints can simply be polished if the damage didn't go through the clear coat and a clay bar can be used to remove contaminants. Minor scratches and such can easily be polished out by off the shelf scratch removal products. I've done that on my cars several times. You can't polish or clay magno paints and color matching as said is hard. If you do sustain some paint damage the repair won't be easy. All my cars in the last decade sooner or later sustained some paint damage. It's unavoidable unless the car is a garage queen. I think for a rarely driven car, magno paint might be a good option, but if the car is your primary car and you drive it in the real world, I would think about it carefully or PPF the whole thing.
Old 01-15-2019, 05:10 PM

c63s
Originally Posted by superswiss
Regular maintenance is not really the issue, IMO. The issue is damage that inevitably happens in the course of driving the car in the real world. Things like bird droppings that start etching into the clear coat, tree sap, scratches and damages caused by others and just daily contaminants that the car will be exposed to. As mentioned earlier, gloss paints can simply be polished if the damage didn't go through the clear coat and a clay bar can be used to remove contaminants. Minor scratches and such can easily be polished out by off the shelf scratch removal products. I've done that on my cars several times. You can't polish or clay magno paints and color matching as said is hard. If you do sustain some paint damage the repair won't be easy. All my cars in the last decade sooner or later sustained some paint damage. It's unavoidable unless the car is a garage queen. I think for a rarely driven car, magno paint might be a good option, but if the car is your primary car and you drive it in the real world, I would think about it carefully or PPF the whole thing.
Good points. Yes, this will be my daily driver, but I'm also leasing so I'm not as concerned about little things happening over time (as long as I don't get into an accident!)...which brings up the inevitable question...what is MBZ's lease end like? Are they really **** or pretty laxed? I know for my current M4, they give you a "ding-o-meter" which, the chip is larger than the circle, then it will require repair, otherwise, BMW doesn't care...maybe this is a different topic.
Old 01-15-2019, 10:16 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe - Graphite Grey Magno

​​​​​​
I have a 2019 c63s coupe in graphite grey magno. First, it’s an amazing color. The metallic flake was a surprise. No pic does it justice.

I put a full suntek matte wrap on it. No noticeable change in color and it didn’t subdue the metal flake in the least. So, disagree with your 1st and 2nd statements. Simply not true with suntek.

Suntek is 10 year warranty, so that’s no issue either. You could always decide to just remove and not replace the wrap, effectively doubling you paint life. I won’t have the car for 10 years so non-issue.

I ceramic coated everything I didn’t wrap including the glass and the matte wheels. Wrapped the edges and slits of the front grill and side rails in a dark carbon fiber wrap. I wrapped the headlights (in clear gloss) and the taillights (a clear smoke shade to darken them slightly. A gloss black wrap between the panorama roof and rear window for continuit. full xpel window tint. $5100 out the door.

I hand and wash it with Dr. Beasley’s matte products and I use their film cleaner for droppings, etc. the water beads off so easily with the film and coat. I use a leaf blower to push most water off then micro fibers to dry the rest. A bit **** I know, but overall it washes real easy.

Old 01-25-2019, 11:42 AM

2019 C43 AMG COUPE

the thing is the magno paints haven’t had an ordering problem until just recently I’ve been told...so September wouldn’t be the same issue as in recent weeks. I’m still trying to determine whether the issue is still an issue. So far, it appears to be. Hate it.

Anyway, let us know whether—if you end up having to custom order—you run into the same thing. Thanks!
Confirmed my C63-S Graphite Grey Magno order has been received and approved by the manufacturer. SA mentioned an end of APR. timeframe for delivery.

Here's the Remove Before Race video on Magno paint care without PPF:

https://youtu.be/xZxX5Gj7bk4
​​​
As this car isn't my daily driver, I'll be going with no PPF as well.
Old 01-25-2019, 07:22 PM

c63s
Confirmed my C63-S Graphite Grey Magno order has been received and approved by the manufacturer. SA mentioned an end of APR. timeframe for delivery.

Here's the Remove Before Race video on Magno paint care without PPF:

https://youtu.be/xZxX5Gj7bk4
​​​
As this car isn't my daily driver, I'll be going with no PPF as well.
My car became orderable as well (after pushing up the AMG Corporate chain)...so question: did you place the order just recently and the order was immediately confirmed? Or did you place the order a while ago (as in several weeks) and found out that it only recently became confirmed for production in April?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2019 Production Delay on Magno Paints