MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   Labor cost for downpipes install (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/732409-labor-cost-downpipes-install.html)

savag63 01-09-2019 08:45 AM

Labor cost for downpipes install

How much did you guys pay? If you don’t mind me asking. I am seriously thinking about doing this. I want more noise and pops. A little extra power never hurt either. I already have a tune, I just want a little more for now. I’ll probably go with Eurocharged because they’re literally right down the street from me.

Fame Douglas 01-09-2019 02:54 PM

I was quoted 10 hours of labor to do it the right way, as in to drop the transmission and remove the stock downpipes without cutting them.

Ryane8182 01-10-2019 09:59 AM

it seems like every place varies. Ive heard any where from four to eight hours to drop the transmission and install them the right way. Most places will prefer to cut the oem out. A lot less time and way easier for them. Plus probably less problems. Depends how long you plan on having the car and if you care about having the oem downpipes. I'm going through the same dilemma right now as well. I just don't know how long I want to keep my car for.

raudiace4 01-11-2019 12:17 PM

I'd just cut the OEMs out, and go catless DPs. If down the line you need to pass emissions, buy some O2 sspacers with cat material built in to pass. It's worked for some people here.

DSawyer63 01-12-2019 11:06 AM

It takes me one hour to drop my trans and one hour to re-install it and have the car running again, and I am a pretty average mechanic. Don't let these shops rip you guys off because it is a Mercedes. A safe bet should be 5 hours labor total.

Brian Kim 01-14-2019 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by DSawyer63 (Post 7652300)
It takes me one hour to drop my trans and one hour to re-install it and have the car running again, and I am a pretty average mechanic. Don't let these shops rip you guys off because it is a Mercedes. A safe bet should be 5 hours labor total.

Hey Mr. Sawyer!

could you ever possibly do a write up or tutorial? Hahahaha or is that too massive of an undertaking

DSawyer63 01-18-2019 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Brian Kim (Post 7654440)

Hey Mr. Sawyer!

could you ever possibly do a write up or tutorial? Hahahaha or is that too massive of an undertaking

I can definitely get some photos of the step by step process next time I remove my transmission, I can't say when that will be though, but it it's likely to be soon as I keep making changes!

Samir 06-06-2020 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by DSawyer63 (Post 7657530)
I can definitely get some photos of the step by step process next time I remove my transmission, I can't say when that will be though, but it it's likely to be soon as I keep making changes!

How did you recalibrate the transmission after removing it?