MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   Radio presets/favorites forgotten? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/733997-radio-presets-favorites-forgotten.html)

theprototype 01-25-2019 01:56 PM

Radio presets/favorites forgotten?

Anybody else have this happen to them? Started my car up to drive yesterday and all my radio/satellite favorites were jumbled or forgotten. Driven it a couple times since then and they haven't come back.

Weird and annoying

BrownDog09 01-26-2019 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by theprototype (Post 7664000)
Anybody else have this happen to them? Started my car up to drive yesterday and all my radio/satellite favorites were jumbled or forgotten. Driven it a couple times since then and they haven't come back.

Weird and annoying

I have had the same issue. My car is on a battery tender most days and not daily driven. Which may have been the root of my problem.

I’ve had the auxiliary battery changed under warranty after a low battery notification and haven’t seen the issue reoccur.

Fame Douglas 01-26-2019 02:48 PM

Are presets unique to each key?

theprototype 01-26-2019 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by BrownDog09 (Post 7664527)

I have had the same issue. My car is on a battery tender most days and not daily driven. Which may have been the root of my problem.

I’ve had the auxiliary battery changed under warranty after a low battery notification and haven’t seen the issue reoccur.

Interesting, I haven't gotten a low battery notification. I did keep it sitting for about 4 days without driving it while I was out of town but I don't think that should be long enough to drain the battery.

Originally Posted by Fame Douglas (Post 7664817)
Are presets unique to each key?

I don't think so. I've used both of them without a change in the presets and I've been using the same one alone for the last few months.

Alexpark911 01-27-2019 08:15 AM

Since there are no preset keys. how do you guys save radio stations and where are the selections for presets?

theprototype 01-27-2019 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by Alexpark911 (Post 7665324)
Since there are no preset keys. how do you guys save radio stations and where are the selections for presets?

You press and hold down the little circular wheel button and it'll prompt you to save it.

smhelfman 01-27-2019 07:02 PM

i have the same problem. Happens sporadically but often enough that it's annoying. Local dealer has no explanation for it.

consort 01-29-2019 12:56 PM

After many losses of the presets in my 2018 GLC 300 the dealer tried reprogramming the COMMAND module several times. This did not work and yesterday they replaced the COMMAND module completely. We will see if this solves the problem.

theprototype 01-29-2019 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by consort (Post 7667310)
After many losses of the presets in my 2018 GLC 300 the dealer tried reprogramming the COMMAND module several times. This did not work and yesterday they replaced the COMMAND module completely. We will see if this solves the problem.

Let us know if that fixes it!

theprototype 05-14-2019 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by consort (Post 7667310)

Any updates consort? Yesterday got in the car and noticed all my sirius satellite station favorites were gone. The radio ones were retained but the rest lost. Getting pretty annoying, I'm going to just cancel my sirius subscription if it happens again.

Sullicc4 05-14-2019 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by theprototype (Post 7755267)
Any updates consort? Yesterday got in the car and noticed all my sirius satellite station favorites were gone. The radio ones were retained but the rest lost. Getting pretty annoying, I'm going to just cancel my sirius subscription if it happens again.

Ive had this happen numerous times on my Audi S7, so maybe it’s related to Sirius.

consort 05-14-2019 05:01 PM

It is now a known Mercedes problem. The are now acknowledging it. Their statement is that they will have a fix in the THIRD QUARTER. Unfortunately they did not say the third quarter of what year!!!

theprototype 05-15-2019 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by consort (Post 7755430)
It is now a known Mercedes problem. The are now acknowledging it. Their statement is that they will have a fix in the THIRD QUARTER. Unfortunately they did not say the third quarter of what year!!!

Good to know, thanks. Don't mind waiting as long as a fix is somewhere in sight.