Letís see your first pull over in the Amg - Page 3 - MBWorld.org Forums

Notices
C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Letís see your first pull over in the Amg

 
Old 02-07-2019, 03:33 PM
  #51  
Senior Member
 
FDNewbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 384
Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
AMG C63 S Edition 1 Coupe, AMG GLE 63 S
Originally Posted by msd3075 View Post
Are you arguing with or against what you quoted me as saying? Because you phase everything as if you are against it but then give support that falls directly inline with what I said. I'm confused.

My quote was about people going at speeds significantly greater than the flow of traffic directly around them and also those that assume the road ahead is clear with no way for them to verify that (blind intersections, road debris, etc). Seems to all fit with exactly what you're saying. I don't see a difference.
I'm disagreeing. I agree with the premise that you run a greater risk than going the speed limit, because of decreased reaction time, etc. But I definitely don't think "you are putting everyone around you in extreme danger". Not sure if you meant blind curves, but "(blind intersections, road debris, etc)" people would be RETARDED if they're doing 100mph on a roadway with intersections. On a highway, it's a different story. It's made for swift travel. So it's not that dangerous to speed, if you know what you're doing, are in a modern car, and the circumstances are reasonable.

I guess to simply put it, yea I wouldn't do 100mph through traffic (or attempt to). But when it's wide open, it should be more of a "proceed with caution" typa situation. Have at it, but with care.
FDNewbie is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 04:07 PM
  #52  
Junior Member
 
Trappers101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 18
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
2016 C300 4matic
Each and Every lane on the Autobahn * has a MINIMUM speed limit. Very loosely put the far right is up to 45mph MAX. Next left lane has a minimum 45 maximum 75, Next left minimum 75 and so on pending number of lanes present. This way traffic flows uninterrupted through all lanes AND traffic can transition from the far left (very basically unlimited top end speeds) down to the next lane, the down to the next which is slow enough to allow entering and exiting the freeway. On all parts, even where there are 3-4 lanes, there is still a hard shoulder (much like the US for emergencies). When I lived there back in the 80's we were taught to look for puffs of smoke on the horizon because that signalled a car (usually a **diesel) was either up or downshifting to change lanes.
Certain parts of the country (Lower Saxony/A2 Motorway) are prone to dense low hanging fog in certain times of the year, which if I remember right was the contributing cause of a 259 car pile up back in 2010 or thereabouts. Surprisingly there were only 10 or so deaths. I'm sure if you do a search on Google it'll pop up.
*(When Hitler came into power he took over control of its construction as a means to rapidly move troops and supplies. His grand vision was its construction throughout all of Europe)
**(When my wife's parents came over here for our wedding they were amazed at how I could turn the steering wheel with just my pointer finger. Every car over there had rack and pinion steering, ran on diesel and more often then not had windshield wipers on the headlights. Remember the fog and puffs of smoke and massive pile up? Great idea to keep the headlights clean. They were also amazed...okay horrified, at just how bad our (Michigan) roads and driver are. I'm sure a lot of things have changed since then but not sure by how much.

Last edited by Trappers101; 02-07-2019 at 04:10 PM.
Trappers101 is offline  
Old 02-07-2019, 06:55 PM
  #53  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Adi-Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Milwaukee, WI
Posts: 3,167
Thanked 257 Times in 234 Posts
2010 C300 4MATIC
Move from w204 to w205 Hyperion and boom.

Lol

Adi-Benz is online now  
Old 02-08-2019, 04:33 AM
  #54  
Junior Member
 
Freywaldau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 20
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
2017 C63S AMG coupe
There is another issue with lower speed limits on highways. Two years ago I went for a long trip in Western USA. Once I was past the mountains and on to Arizona, driving on highways with few turns and at constant speed of say 70 mph really started to put me to sleep. It would be nice to have at least sections with higher speed limits where one could get adrenaline flowing and wake up.

In Europe the right lane is the "slow" lane for the drivers who want to stick to speed limit. The faster going traffic is in the left lane but once you pass you're obliged by law to move back to the right (slow) lane. It's prohibited to take over from the right lane. It does happen but not that often. It's also prohibited to block traffic by staying in the left lane.

To sum up I don't understand low speed limits in USA/Canada. As FDnewbie said cars are much more capable nowadays so the speed limit could easily be increased to at least 90 or 100 mph in open countryside. In addition, highways in North America have usually plenty of space around the lanes offering escape route in case of emergency. European highways are fenced in.
Freywaldau is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 09:32 AM
  #55  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,997
Thanked 661 Times in 640 Posts
'12 CLSAMG
Originally Posted by Adi-Benz View Post
Move from w204 to w205 Hyperion and boom.

Lol
hyperion667 is online now  
Old 02-08-2019, 09:45 AM
  #56  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 680
Thanked 54 Times in 44 Posts
Mercedes-Benz c63 AMG
Does a radar detector really help though... I had a V1 in my n54 and sure it would go off (false alarms ALL THE TIME) but usually AFTER I was caught... Pretty useless... If anything I'd rather have a laser jammer and go without the radar detector...
skim7x is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 09:49 AM
  #57  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,997
Thanked 661 Times in 640 Posts
'12 CLSAMG
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
Does a radar detector really help though... I had a V1 in my n54 and sure it would go off (false alarms ALL THE TIME) but usually AFTER I was caught... Pretty useless... If anything I'd rather have a laser jammer and go without the radar detector...
+1
hyperion667 is online now  
Old 02-08-2019, 12:42 PM
  #58  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 128
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
Does a radar detector really help though... I had a V1 in my n54 and sure it would go off (false alarms ALL THE TIME) but usually AFTER I was caught... Pretty useless... If anything I'd rather have a laser jammer and go without the radar detector...
I have a k40 in my n54 and s63 and love it.. I am definitely getting one for the c63s.. i just leave it on lights only so i don't hear it.. it has radar detection and laser diffusers.. depends how many diffusers you want which depends on where you live as some are hitting you with a new laser from behind now like in Florida and Georgia.. I love how stealth it is and does a great job. I have had them on every car i have bought over the last 20 years.. they will even pay your ticket if you get one. I haven't gotten a speeding ticket in over 20 years. Only have one on my record from when i was 16 and they paid it.. pretty nuts because almost every day i hit over 100mph.. lol i just know where and when to do it.
purplewidow is offline  
Old 02-08-2019, 06:08 PM
  #59  
KJ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 447
Thanked 49 Times in 47 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
Uniden R3 for a Radar Detector
Anti Laser Priority for a Laser Jammer

That's what I would recommend.

If your radar detector is old and can't filter out false alerts, for sure it'll get annoying. The upcoming Uniden R7 should be awesome!
KJ is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 01:09 AM
  #60  
Senior Member
 
FDNewbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 384
Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
AMG C63 S Edition 1 Coupe, AMG GLE 63 S
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
Does a radar detector really help though... I had a V1 in my n54 and sure it would go off (false alarms ALL THE TIME) but usually AFTER I was caught... Pretty useless... If anything I'd rather have a laser jammer and go without the radar detector...
So if you get the V1connection, it enables your phone to connect to the V1 via bluetooth. And if you couple this with an app like JBV1, YaV1 (Android) or V1 Driver (iOs), you can do cool stuff like auto-mute after a certain number of beeps, speed based muting (eg set it so it won't beep if you're driving under 35mph), and best of all, GPS based lockouts (if you get a radar alert at the same location over and over, eg junk notification, it'll learn and remember it, won't alert you to that junk radar anymore).

And while I've found that Waze is the single most helpful thing in my arsenal, my V1 still carries its own weight, like when there's a cop up ahead who isn't marked on Waze yet, or even better, a cop in motion. Unlike NoVa, where all the cops use instant-on aka "pop" radar (which isn't legal as it gives inaccurate reads), in my experience, most cops sit with their radar on the entire time here in FL. So hearing them coming a mile away (literally) is very helpful.

Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
...some are hitting you with a new laser from behind now like in Florida and Georgia..
Where in FL are you referring to? Only place I've encountered Laser was in NoVa. Never in FL (thus far, and I hope it stays like that).
FDNewbie is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 09:33 AM
  #61  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,997
Thanked 661 Times in 640 Posts
'12 CLSAMG
Is there anything you DON'T need a fawking phone for ?! I don't use one but still want good coverage. My V1 can suck a ^%$#!

Selling a V1 if anyone wants one.
hyperion667 is online now  
Old 02-09-2019, 01:36 PM
  #62  
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 128
Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by FDNewbie View Post
So if you get the V1connection, it enables your phone to connect to the V1 via bluetooth. And if you couple this with an app like JBV1, YaV1 (Android) or V1 Driver (iOs), you can do cool stuff like auto-mute after a certain number of beeps, speed based muting (eg set it so it won't beep if you're driving under 35mph), and best of all, GPS based lockouts (if you get a radar alert at the same location over and over, eg junk notification, it'll learn and remember it, won't alert you to that junk radar anymore).

And while I've found that Waze is the single most helpful thing in my arsenal, my V1 still carries its own weight, like when there's a cop up ahead who isn't marked on Waze yet, or even better, a cop in motion. Unlike NoVa, where all the cops use instant-on aka "pop" radar (which isn't legal as it gives inaccurate reads), in my experience, most cops sit with their radar on the entire time here in FL. So hearing them coming a mile away (literally) is very helpful.

Where in FL are you referring to? Only place I've encountered Laser was in NoVa. Never in FL (thus far, and I hope it stays like that).
I don't live down there but have a few properties and a few cars down there with laser jammers from k40 systems.. my laser goes off all the time down in florida. FHP, local police... tons of laser all over florida from my experience. I see them sitting with the tripod all over when i am down there in the palm beach, miami, orlando area's i frequent.. They even have a law saying laser jammers are illegal in Florida. why would they have that law if they didn't use lasers? only 10 states or so have laser jammer laws
purplewidow is offline  
Old 02-09-2019, 10:44 PM
  #63  
Senior Member
 
FDNewbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 384
Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
AMG C63 S Edition 1 Coupe, AMG GLE 63 S
Originally Posted by purplewidow View Post
I don't live down there but have a few properties and a few cars down there with laser jammers from k40 systems.. my laser goes off all the time down in florida. FHP, local police... tons of laser all over florida from my experience. I see them sitting with the tripod all over when i am down there in the palm beach, miami, orlando area's i frequent.. They even have a law saying laser jammers are illegal in Florida. why would they have that law if they didn't use lasers? only 10 states or so have laser jammer laws
Hmmm... I guess/hope they just don't use it that frequently in Tampa. The V1 definitely detects laser, and it has a distinct alarm for laser (same one that goes off when approaching certain toll booths). Almost never have it go off in the Tampa area otherwise. Just radar. Will keep it in mind though.
FDNewbie is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 09:17 PM
  #64  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 450
Thanks: 0
Thanked 35 Times in 33 Posts
'15 C63S
Originally Posted by FDNewbie View Post
I'm disagreeing. I agree with the premise that you run a greater risk than going the speed limit, because of decreased reaction time, etc. But I definitely don't think "you are putting everyone around you in extreme danger". Not sure if you meant blind curves, but "(blind intersections, road debris, etc)" people would be RETARDED if they're doing 100mph on a roadway with intersections. On a highway, it's a different story. It's made for swift travel. So it's not that dangerous to speed, if you know what you're doing, are in a modern car, and the circumstances are reasonable.

I guess to simply put it, yea I wouldn't do 100mph through traffic (or attempt to). But when it's wide open, it should be more of a "proceed with caution" typa situation. Have at it, but with care.
If you are driving on a highway/freeway/major-thoroughfare where all the other traffic has a reasonable expectation that the vehicles surrounding them are not excessively exceeding the speed limit, you have to assume the other drivers are not prepared to react (or not react) to someone around then driving significantly faster than the speed limit.. They'll judge their lane changes, braking distances, following distances, and anything else they're doing on what 99.9% of the other drivers around them have done, not on the 0.1% that is going 30+ mph faster than what is legal. That reaction (or lack of reaction) by the slower driver is what is dangerous and deadly. And by observing the posted speed limit, those drivers are not at fault. They shouldn't be put in a situation like that simply because you're on an ego trip and think you're entitled to go crazy faster than the flow of traffic.
msd3075 is offline  
Old 02-10-2019, 09:22 PM
  #65  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Bayarea, California
Posts: 506
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
if you wanna go by speed limit, get the F€$# out of fast lane/passing lane so others wont have to overtake you on right lane.
netboy is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 02:22 AM
  #66  
Senior Member
 
FDNewbie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 384
Thanked 28 Times in 26 Posts
AMG C63 S Edition 1 Coupe, AMG GLE 63 S
Originally Posted by msd3075 View Post
If you are driving on a highway/freeway/major-thoroughfare where all the other traffic has a reasonable expectation that the vehicles surrounding them are not excessively exceeding the speed limit, you have to assume the other drivers are not prepared to react (or not react) to someone around then driving significantly faster than the speed limit.. They'll judge their lane changes, braking distances, following distances, and anything else they're doing on what 99.9% of the other drivers around them have done, not on the 0.1% that is going 30+ mph faster than what is legal. That reaction (or lack of reaction) by the slower driver is what is dangerous and deadly. And by observing the posted speed limit, those drivers are not at fault. They shouldn't be put in a situation like that simply because you're on an ego trip and think you're entitled to go crazy faster than the flow of traffic.
So basically you're telling me that the speed limit affords you the ability to be inattentive while driving? Sorry, not buying. And state law in many states agree, thereby (in many states) making the left lane illegal to drive in; only to be used for passing (like the PA Turnpike). Or simply requiring you to yield to faster traffic (eg VA and FL).

If you're preoccupied, driving Ms. Daisy in the left lane, unaware of your surroundings, you're a danger to everyone, including yourself, cuz you're the one how doesn't notice the emergency vehicle trying to get past you from the "crazy" driver "on an ego trip".

Moreover, many states have a "right of way" in the law itself. So much so, that if you impede traffic flow and cause an accident, it doesn't matter at what speed I was traveling when I struck you; it's *your* responsibility to ensure its safe to enter that driving space that someone else was already occupying.

Lastly, having driven in numerous areas in the world, I can tell you that regarding left/fast lane (cuz in some countries its the right lane) driving, cars *automatically* yielding to faster traffic in that fast lane, as it is the NORM. Not the exception. In many countries, its done automatically. Eg the UK, Germany, etc. In other countries, it's a function of high beam flickering. If you're impeding the flow of traffic, it's to make you aware that you need to move out of the lane to accommodate faster traffic. If you're in another lane, the high beams are often left on to tell you "don't move; maintain your current location". Its pretty much only in the US that I've experienced people driving slow in the fast lane AND being oblivious to their surroundings.

And while I never speed because of ego (not sure who does), I'd argue the same in your case. Get over your ego and "let go" of the oh so precious left lane that you're speed enforcing at 65mph to the flow of traffic which is almost always in the 80s, even in states with a 55mph speed limit. Get over your ego, and realize that even if you prepared, left early, and are driving properly, others may actually have genuine reasons and/or emergencies that warrant them exceeding your comfortable speed. Don't force others to conform to your desire, and simply move outta the friggin left lane. And life will be better for all of us. Oh, and it's the LAW to do so too.

Last edited by FDNewbie; 02-11-2019 at 02:26 AM.
FDNewbie is offline  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FDNewbie For This Useful Post:
KJ (02-11-2019), netboy (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 03:06 AM
  #67  
KJ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 447
Thanked 49 Times in 47 Posts
2016 C63S AMG
Originally Posted by msd3075 View Post
If you are driving on a highway/freeway/major-thoroughfare where all the other traffic has a reasonable expectation that the vehicles surrounding them are not excessively exceeding the speed limit, you have to assume the other drivers are not prepared to react (or not react) to someone around then driving significantly faster than the speed limit.. They'll judge their lane changes, braking distances, following distances, and anything else they're doing on what 99.9% of the other drivers around them have done, not on the 0.1% that is going 30+ mph faster than what is legal. That reaction (or lack of reaction) by the slower driver is what is dangerous and deadly. And by observing the posted speed limit, those drivers are not at fault. They shouldn't be put in a situation like that simply because you're on an ego trip and think you're entitled to go crazy faster than the flow of traffic.
EVERY Driver is responsible to make safe lane changes and maneuvers at all times. You can be speeding, but still be driving safe (i.e. staying in your own lane, not drifting out of it, not putting yourself in bad situations like timing your arrival in the same piece of road as someone merging onto the highway etc.).

Often I speed, sometimes I don't. When I don't, I get the hell out of the left lane. Sometimes, I want to pass someone and when I check the lane next to me, I can TELL that there's a car booking it way faster than me. If so, I'll just wait for them to pass and then tuck in behind them. Whereas, the bad driver going the speed limit simply sees "Oh, car is quite far back, let me change lanes now going 2/3 his speed" which forces the speeding car to slow down dramatically. In this situation, you blame the speeder and I blame the dummy who can't tell the closing speed to the other car.

If you can't judge the closing speed of other cars around you, or predict their maneuvers on a regular basis, maybe you should pay more attention while you're behind the wheel instead of being the "speed police".
KJ is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to KJ For This Useful Post:
netboy (02-11-2019)
Old 02-11-2019, 04:26 AM
  #68  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Bayarea, California
Posts: 506
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
a few months ago, i was driving 80mph on the left lane on a 2 lanes freeway. a porsche is tailgating me, so i accelerate to 100mph, he still tailgating me so i move to right lane to let him pass. plus i dont wanna get a ticket. this is just a dream, my lawyers want me to say this. haha

Last edited by netboy; 02-11-2019 at 04:40 AM.
netboy is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:40 AM
  #69  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,997
Thanked 661 Times in 640 Posts
'12 CLSAMG
Originally Posted by netboy View Post
a few months ago, i was driving 80mph on the left lane on a 2 lanes freeway. a porsche is tailgating me, so i accelerate to 100mph, he still tailgating me so i move to right lane to let him pass. plus i dont wanna get a ticket. this is just a dream, my lawyers want me to say this. haha
WHY the HELL didn't you just let him pass??
hyperion667 is online now  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:54 AM
  #70  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,997
Thanked 661 Times in 640 Posts
'12 CLSAMG
Originally Posted by netboy View Post
if you wanna go by speed limit, get the FÄ$# out of fast lane/passing lane so others wont have to overtake you on right lane.
Originally Posted by netboy View Post
a few months ago, i was driving 80mph on the left lane on a 2 lanes freeway. a porsche is tailgating me, so i accelerate to 100mph, he still tailgating me so i move to right lane to let him pass. plus i dont wanna get a ticket. this is just a dream, my lawyers want me to say this. haha
Contradict yourself much?
hyperion667 is online now  
Old 02-11-2019, 09:57 AM
  #71  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Bayarea, California
Posts: 506
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
I did let him pass when i accelerate to 100mph when he still tailgating me.
this other time a 2018 or 2019 NSX is tailgating me. when he cuts to right lane i accelerate to like 100mph to 120 mph then go back to 80mph until he caught up with me when he goes back to left lane. I did this like 3 times. finally I move over to right lane to let him pass. this is just another dream. my lawyers want me to say this.
at least i'm not blocking traffics continue going at 65mph on left lane like those LOSERS.
netboy is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 10:01 AM
  #72  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,997
Thanked 661 Times in 640 Posts
'12 CLSAMG
Originally Posted by netboy View Post
I did let him pass when i accelerate to 100mph when he still tailgating me.
this other time a 2018 or 2019 NSX is tailgating me. when he cuts to right lane i accelerate to like 100mph to 120 mph then go back to 80mph until he caught up with me when he goes back to left lane. I did this like 3 times. finally I move over to right lane to let him pass. this is just another dream. my lawyers want me to say this.
at least i'm not blocking traffics continue going at 65mph on left lane like those LOSERS.
You should consider changing your username from netboy to just plain boy.

HOW are you doing the right thing in these situations? Someone wants to pass you and you forbid them to do so by speeding up like that? So only YOU can be in front?

Are you by chance Asian?
hyperion667 is online now  
Old 02-11-2019, 10:09 AM
  #73  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Bayarea, California
Posts: 506
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
but am i impeding traffics ?
yeah. i'm Chinese .
netboy is offline  
Old 02-11-2019, 10:13 AM
  #74  
Out Of Control!!
 
hyperion667's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 20,997
Thanked 661 Times in 640 Posts
'12 CLSAMG
Originally Posted by netboy View Post
but am i impeding traffics ?
yeah. i'm Chinese .
I often admire Asian cultures.

It's not a matter of impeding traffic.....it's a careless and reckless way to drive. Why are you THE one?
hyperion667 is online now  
Old 02-11-2019, 10:15 AM
  #75  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Bayarea, California
Posts: 506
Thanked 21 Times in 21 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
it just a way of having some fun. haha
netboy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Letís see your first pull over in the Amg


Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: