Rate Thread

Old 01-26-2019, 09:55 PM

Received 72 Likes on 66 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
i always push sport+ then start the car when i try to show off on my c450. haha
Old 01-26-2019, 10:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 150 Likes on 128 Posts
2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
Originally Posted by E55 KEV
Now I really don't understand why you posted anything at all if in fact you like and have a car with an emotional reason for owning like it's sound.
I never once, not once said I didn't like sound. I said I found the "emotional sound" feature kind of pointless. As others pointed out, I can start my E450 in sports+ mode or rev my engine to get the same effect. That's all. It's then posters jumped on me as though I was attacking their sacred AMG's or something.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:57 PM

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
C63s
I love AMG sound, bit I have to agree this is a pointless feature. But also many of the new features in the facelift such as tire temperature, track pace and so on sounds like hey let’s include all these non useful stuff for no reason

Old 01-26-2019, 10:59 PM

Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts
C63 S AMG, Jaguar F Pace S
Originally Posted by japamg
I love AMG sound, bit I have to agree this is a pointless feature. But also many of the new features in the facelift such as tire temperature, track pace and so on sounds like hey let’s include all these non useful stuff for no reason

You don’t think tire temp is useful? Lol.
Old 01-26-2019, 11:12 PM

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts
C63s
Originally Posted by JWreck

You don’t think tire temp is useful? Lol.
For me it is not. We get it in the GT and is pointless to us. Understand though it can be useful depending on what you use your car for, if you track it it is useful for sure

Same as race mode in my C63s, to me it is pointless
Old 01-26-2019, 11:59 PM
Xec

Received 117 Likes on 89 Posts
IG: @amg.svr
Actually, I'm thinking this might just be a way to make the car cold-start even when the engine is warmed up. Cold-start sounds much better so I can see this feature being pretty useful.

Originally Posted by rustybear3
I never once, not once said I didn't like sound. I said I found the "emotional sound" feature kind of pointless. As others pointed out, I can start my E450 in sports+ mode or rev my engine to get the same effect. That's all. It's then posters jumped on me as though I was attacking their sacred AMG's or something.
C'mon man, what kind of response did you expect from coming to the C63 forum and saying something like emotion start would be pointless?

No offense but you can't even compare the sound of a E450 to a C43. Have you heard the AMG V8 growl before? A E450 revving is not even remotely comparable to a C63, even one at idle.
The following users liked this post:
Orcbolg (12-24-2020)
Old 01-27-2019, 12:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 Dune Silver Metallic E-450 Mercedes Cabriolet NEW Mercedes 2020 GLC300 graphite gray SUV
Originally Posted by Xec
C'mon man, what kind of response did you expect from coming to the C63 forum and saying something like emotion start would be pointless?
Others are of the same opinion if you bothered to read. You didn't even know what it was or that it existed.

Originally Posted by Xec
No offense but you can't even compare the sound of a E450 to a C43. Have you heard the AMG V8 growl before? A E450 revving is not even remotely comparable to a C63, even one at idle.
As I stated, I already have a 454 Corvette and with the side pipes, and it's growl is more than comparable to your AMG. Now those big blocks were V8's.

I'm more than satisfied with my E450 CAB sound...and did I once compare it's sound to a C63? I've driven a GT on more than one occasion; almost bought a new one. Man, your reading and comprehension skills are really lacking.

Last edited by rustybear3; 01-27-2019 at 01:01 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 01:20 AM
Xec

Others are of the same opinion if you bothered to read. You didn't even know what it was or that it existed.
I didn’t know it existed? I created this entire thread and screenshot the original post.

As I stated, I already have a 454 Corvette and with the side pipes, and it's growl is more than comparable to your AMG. Now those big blocks were V8's.

I'm more than satisfied with my E450 CAB sound...and did I once compare it's sound to a C63? I've driven a GT on more than one occasion; almost bought a new one. Man, your reading and comprehension skills are really lacking.
All I was trying to point out was maybe the reason some people were giving you sh*t was because a E450 owner coming over here to argue over an exhaust feature seemed a little silly. Clearly not the reason though. You seem to take every comment personally. And you attack MY reading comprehension when a good natured D-bag joke (which clearly was not ill intent) sets you off? Grow up
Orcbolg (12-24-2020)
Old 01-27-2019, 01:25 AM

Received 72 Likes on 66 Posts
2003 C320 coupe/c450 in Feb 2016
just like buying a C63 is a little silly. haha. i have a c450.
just a joke.. haha
Old 01-27-2019, 02:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Xec

I didn’t know it existed? I created this entire thread and screenshot the original post.

Really? "Reading the new 2019 owners manual, there's now a section on "Emotion Start." Never heard of this before. Is this new?" Your words.

Originally Posted by Xec
All I was trying to point out was maybe the reason some people were giving you sh*t was because a E450 owner coming over here to argue over an exhaust feature seemed a little silly. Clearly not the reason though. You seem to take every comment personally. And you attack MY reading comprehension when a good natured D-bag joke (which clearly was not ill intent) sets you off? Grow up
You and others made it personal....no one takes a D-bag comment as being good natured. You and others ranted on and on about my audacity of pointing out that it was a redundant app....that you can achieve the same thing starting out in sports+ mode. Then the floodgates opened! I get it...nobody but nobody should do anything but praise and bow to the mighty C63. Re-read my post and you'll see it was a simple opinion. To be honest, too much time has been devoted to this insignificant thread. You and others seem obsessed over a simple comment. Get a life!

Originally Posted by netboy
just like buying a C63 is a little silly. haha. i have a c450.
just a joke.. haha
Be careful...I'm sure joking is frown upon in this thread; especially if it involves a GT....lol
Old 01-27-2019, 07:10 AM

Really? "Reading the new 2019 owners manual, there's now a section on "Emotion Start." Never heard of this before. Is this new?" Your words.

You and others made it personal....no one takes a D-bag comment as being good natured. You and others ranted on and on about my audacity of pointing out that it was a redundant app....that you can achieve the same thing starting out in sports+ mode. Then the floodgates opened! I get it...nobody but nobody should do anything but praise and bow to the mighty C63. Re-read my post and you'll see it was a simple opinion. To be honest, too much time has been devoted to this insignificant thread. You and others seem obsessed over a simple comment. Get a life!

Be careful...I'm sure joking is frown upon in this thread; especially if it involves a GT....lol
I WAS joking in my comment. People really get bent out of shape here, goodness.
Orcbolg (12-24-2020)
Old 01-27-2019, 07:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 864 Likes on 450 Posts
2020 Huracan EVO AWD - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe - 2023 C63 S Coupe -
Brb - going to get some popcorn.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:51 AM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
C63 AMG S Coupe (Sept. 2017)
I do have a 73 454 Vette with side pipes so I do understand, little boy....plus numerous muscle cars over the years...
When a fella joins a forum a starts calling fellow members ‘little boy’ that’s probably a big indicator it’s time to go somewhere else or find another hobby...
Old 01-27-2019, 09:44 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by BrownDog09

When a fella joins a forum a starts calling fellow members ‘little boy’ that’s probably a big indicator it’s time to go somewhere else or find another hobby...
You're right D-bag. ..

Last edited by rustybear3; 01-27-2019 at 09:54 AM.
Old 01-27-2019, 10:02 AM

You're right D-bag. ..
Hey man, either the joke was not clear or you’ve had a bad week but stop taking everything so personally. I’m legitimately sorry that my joke didn’t come across as a joke (isn’t that what the winking face was for) to you, nor my reply in validating your point, but you’ve taken it way out of context and are in total defense mode.

I think everyone can can take a beat and move on.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:14 AM

Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
C63 AMG S Coupe (Sept. 2017)
Originally Posted by JWreck

Hey man, either the joke was not clear or you’ve had a bad week but stop taking everything so personally. I’m legitimately sorry that my joke didn’t come across as a joke (isn’t that what the winking face was for) to you, nor my reply in validating your point, but you’ve taken it way out of context and are in total defense mode.

I think everyone can can take a beat and move on.
He’s obviously a troll or clearly has some instability. Just press ignore. He’s made no friends here.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:23 AM
Xec

Right on, back on topic! Anyways, I'm guessing "Emotion Start" is just Cold Start but you can activate it even when the car is already warm.

Especially if you're in a parking garage or anywhere else that's echoey, Cold Start just sounds so much better. My car wasn't finished yet, so I'll try this out next week when I get it back. Really curious if this is a replacement for Sport+/Race start up or not.
Old 01-27-2019, 11:26 AM

Received 93 Likes on 68 Posts
2024 X5 M60i, 2018 C63S Coupe (sold)
I won't lie, I've started my car with the "ignition, Sport+, start" method a couple times and it's pretty nice, especially cold in a garage. It's not revving the engine in park or anything like that, it's just a momentary blip with the valves open.

If there was an easier way to do it, as this item suggests for the 2019, I wouldn't mind it, but I probably wouldn't do it very often, either, unless it actually kept the car in Sport+ mode after startup.

I don't know what you guys are arguing about though.
Old 01-27-2019, 12:54 PM
KJ

Received 113 Likes on 74 Posts
2020 GLE 53 AMG
Originally Posted by BrownDog09
Especially coming from someone who is "retired" who should be a little more "grown up and mature" right? His first reaction was to jump to name calling...LOL
Old 01-27-2019, 02:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by KJ
Especially coming from someone who is "retired" who should be a little more "grown up and mature" right? His first reaction was to jump to name calling...LOL
Listen...I didn't start any name calling. I was called a D-bag, but of course that was just a joke. I responded in kind with my jag off retort (which I believed Jwreck understood) and I was willing to let it go at that. But then it escalated into my being old, my ears are no longer sensitive, I wouldn't understand....You particularly accusing me a being "mad at people who's cars start too loudly" .....where did you come up with that?....others questioning as to why I bother to post, etc. Take about immaturity.

Yes, I'm old, yes I'm a little sensitive; I'm battling cancer and other problems as well. I just made a simple comment about this cold start feature and it escalated into this, and even though I've stopped.....you continue to berate me. Fine. It's over . My to Jwreck who seems to be the only one with a little understanding.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:52 PM

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts
'19 C63S AMG Coupe
I tried this today and confirmed it works... and is totally badass. Video below:

The following 4 users liked this post by wazuh:
AV1 (01-28-2019), KJ (01-27-2019), purplewidow (01-28-2019), Xec (01-27-2019)
Old 01-27-2019, 09:30 PM
Xec

Originally Posted by wazuh
I tried this today and confirmed it works... and is totally badass. Video below:

https://youtu.be/sVUeKOBPFYY
Awesome!!!
Old 01-28-2019, 12:46 PM

Received 89 Likes on 63 Posts
2019 c63s coupe, 2008 s63 sedan, 2007 335i coupe
Listen...I didn't start any name calling. I was called a D-bag, but of course that was just a joke. I responded in kind with my jag off retort (which I believed Jwreck understood) and I was willing to let it go at that. But then it escalated into my being old, my ears are no longer sensitive, I wouldn't understand....You particularly accusing me a being "mad at people who's cars start too loudly" .....where did you come up with that?....others questioning as to why I bother to post, etc. Take about immaturity.

Yes, I'm old, yes I'm a little sensitive; I'm battling cancer and other problems as well. I just made a simple comment about this cold start feature and it escalated into this, and even though I've stopped.....you continue to berate me. Fine. It's over . My to Jwreck who seems to be the only one with a little understanding.
Hey this was clearly a misunderstanding.. I wish you the best in your fight against cancer.. I lost my mother last year to breast cancer and she was only 68.. She was the BEST!!!! I miss her soo much you have no idea.. Just try and stay calm and do all you can to try and maintain a normal outlook on life. Wish you and your family nothing but the best and remember we all have **** moments.. No one, and I mean no one on this forum or anywhere else hasn't had a **** moment before. Just try and stay calm and not react too fast to ****. I think it's safe to say everyone on this Forum wishes you nothing but the best in your fight whether you argued with them or not. Stay strong!!!

On the Emotional start side of things this is a cool feature I can't wait to try out. hopefully my car gets built later this week or early next as planned and i can try it out in a month an a half or so.
The following 2 users liked this post by purplewidow:
AV1 (01-28-2019), rustybear3 (01-28-2019)
Old 01-28-2019, 07:08 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by purplewidow
Hey this was clearly a misunderstanding.. I wish you the best in your fight against cancer.. I lost my mother last year to breast cancer and she was only 68.. She was the BEST!!!! I miss her soo much you have no idea.. Just try and stay calm and do all you can to try and maintain a normal outlook on life. Wish you and your family nothing but the best and remember we all have **** moments.. No one, and I mean no one on this forum or anywhere else hasn't had a **** moment before. Just try and stay calm and not react too fast to ****. I think it's safe to say everyone on this Forum wishes you nothing but the best in your fight whether you argued with them or not. Stay strong!!!

On the Emotional start side of things this is a cool feature I can't wait to try out. hopefully my car gets built later this week or early next as planned and i can try it out in a month an a half or so.
Good on you !!!!

Also agree that is is a nice and easy feature to use unlike the complicated manner you had to resort to pre update - looking forward to it
Old 01-28-2019, 10:20 PM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe - Graphite Grey Magno
I've tried it a few times now. Certainly preferable than just starting it in comfort mode with no perf exhaust. But, it's basically a single rev at start to about 3500 rpm and then it's back down to idle (in comfort mode). Doing it "old school" -- touch the start button (no foot on the brake), select the drive mode to Race from the console, and then starting and revving it in all it's grumbling and crackling glory is still the way to go, in my book.

To the "Emotion Start" I kinda gotta say "meh."

@rustybear3 -- as a fellow "old"(er) guy and a 12-year cancer survivor, all I can say is God's Blessings and Power to your fight, sir. Kick its a$$!
rustybear3 (02-06-2019)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average.

Quick Reply: New Feature? "Emotion Start"