MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   Exhaust Sounds on 2019 C63S (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/735632-exhaust-sounds-2019-c63s.html)

David Ushar 02-11-2019 06:16 PM

Exhaust Sounds on 2019 C63S

Hey Guys,

just recently got my C63S Sedan (last week) and currently going through the BreakIn period. I have 80 miles on the car so far. When i put it in S+ mode with the Exhaust On, there is no Popping,Cracking sound coming out of exhaust. Even My GLE 43 AMG had those loud Bangs when you would down **** or just let the gas pedal go. I would not need to get my GLE to high RPM for it to make that sound, just needed to be in S+ Mode. Do you think this could be because of the Break In Period at this point?

Xec 02-11-2019 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by David Ushar (Post 7679056)
Hey Guys,

just recently got my C63S Sedan (last week) and currently going through the BreakIn period. I have 80 miles on the car so far. When i put it in S+ mode with the Exhaust On, there is no Popping,Cracking sound coming out of exhaust. Even My GLE 43 AMG had those loud Bangs when you would down **** or just let the gas pedal go. I would not need to get my GLE to high RPM for it to make that sound, just needed to be in S+ Mode. Do you think this could be because of the Break In Period at this point?

Based on memory from a 2017 C63, the overrun sounds only come on in the higher revs (even in S+). So far I haven't noticed any pops from my 2019 either but I've only driven in C w/ exhaust on. Have not babied it though.

untamedd 02-11-2019 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Xec (Post 7679139)
Based on memory from a 2017 C63, the overrun sounds only come on in the higher revs (even in S+). So far I haven't noticed any pops from my 2019 either but I've only driven in C w/ exhaust on. Have not babied it though.

I would have to disagree. I have a 2017 C63S and it makes those pop and crackle sounds even in lower rpms in Sport+

Xec 02-11-2019 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by untamedd (Post 7679176)
I would have to disagree. I have a 2017 C63S and it makes those pop and crackle sounds even in lower rpms in Sport+

The one I drove did NOT have the Performance Exhaust and was a non-S. I probably should've mentioned that... :hammer:

Also not sure where David is located, but if in Europe it very likely has to do with the new particle filter in the EU cars now.

Robskabob 02-12-2019 07:36 AM

Agree. I have about 2k miles on my 2019 and have barely heard any cracks, pops, etc. I’m in the US and haven’t really babied the car. It’s definitely loud, but I was expecting more pops.

David Ushar 02-12-2019 09:04 AM

Understood! Thank you so much for your response!!! I’ve put mine on S+ mode already a couple I times, but I didn’t do anything crazy, didn’t floor it or anything. So hopefully that’s fine, cause only afterwards I read that you should not drive in any mode other that C. Do you think this may cause some issues down the road?

Originally Posted by Xec (Post 7679139)

David Ushar 02-12-2019 09:06 AM

I am in US. I’m really hoping that those pops will eventually appear. How come all the exhaust videos on YouTube of 2019 specifically have those pops?

Originally Posted by Xec (Post 7679227)
The one I drove did NOT have the Performance Exhaust and was a non-S. I probably should've mentioned that... :hammer:

Also not sure where David is located, but if in Europe it very likely has to do with the new particle filter in the EU cars now.

dchl21 02-12-2019 09:07 AM

don't worry man … once u are broken into then u can drive it harder . in s s+ or race they should all pop

David Ushar 02-12-2019 09:30 AM

Thank you so much man! I really hope so!!! This is the “Signature” AMG exhaust sound, so it better be there lol

Originally Posted by dchl21 (Post 7679477)
don't worry man … once u are broken into then u can drive it harder . in s s+ or race they should all pop

LawyerUp1 02-12-2019 11:06 AM

I'm currently in my break-in period, too (about 450 miles on the odometer) and hadn't noticed many crackles/pops, so I put it into Race mode and it sounded as expected. I'm hoping it will be more noticeable after the break-in period.

DRGG 02-12-2019 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by David Ushar (Post 7679056)
Hey Guys,

I had plenty of pops with my 2018 during break-in in S+ mode, of course. Maybe they decided to make the car just a tad more civilized.

C6Jeff 02-12-2019 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by DRGG (Post 7679614)
I had plenty of pops with my 2018 during break-in in S+ mode, of course. Maybe they decided to make the car just a tad more civilized.

Same for me: pops aplenty, especially on downshifts. I always drive in S+ mode and mine is amC63S with performance exhaust. Indeed, maybe they decided to tone it down a bit.

David Ushar 02-12-2019 01:39 PM

I really hope that is not the case lol! No Civilized people drive C63S AMG lol 😃

here is the video that I was referring to -

please pay attention to the 2019 (Grey) C63S specifically. I didn’t rev it up so high, but you can still hear pops on lower RPM, I don’t have sounds even close to that...

Originally Posted by C6Jeff (Post 7679647)
Same for me: pops aplenty, especially on downshifts. I always drive in S+ mode and mine is amC63S with performance exhaust. Indeed, maybe they decided to tone it down a bit.

japamg 02-12-2019 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by C6Jeff (Post 7679647)

Same here. I had pops since day one, mine is 2018.

Bit I thought it was assumed by all that they have indeed tone it down...

David Ushar 02-12-2019 02:25 PM

Thank you for your response! IF you look at the video attached above, they clearly haven’t... still just as loud and with pops... just a different sound tone due to the filter. Great job btw from AMG for keeping amazing sounds with all of these regulations.

Originally Posted by japamg (Post 7679778)

Same here. I had pops since day one, mine is 2018.

Bit I thought it was assumed by all that they have indeed tone it down...

japamg 02-12-2019 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by David Ushar (Post 7679780)
Thank you for your response! IF you look at the video attached above, they clearly haven’t... still just as loud and with pops... just a different sound tone due to the filter. Great job btw from AMG for keeping amazing sounds with all of these regulations.

Ok. Then give it some time and you will get some thunders and storms soon enough hahah

Enjoy your ride!

David Ushar 02-12-2019 04:09 PM

Lmao. Waiting for Thor to come out lol. Thanks man!

Originally Posted by japamg (Post 7679838)

Ok. Then give it some time and you will get some thunders and storms soon enough hahah

Enjoy your ride!

slowc 02-12-2019 05:36 PM

I didn’t think there was a sound difference between s+ & race mode?

tiledhouse 02-12-2019 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by slowc (Post 7679943)
I didn’t think there was a sound difference between s+ & race mode?

Is there ???

raudiace4 02-13-2019 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by tiledhouse (Post 7679965)

Is there ???

There isn't. Race will just let you hold the gears at redline till you want.

right_mr 02-13-2019 12:27 PM

if you let your vehicle get through the run in period , my prediction is the engine management software will start giving you all the fireworks you desire after this point . At 10k miles, my 2018 is lethal on the rice krispies (snap crackle and pops )but wasn't early on . also when the engine is cold for me at 10k miles it doesn't snap crackle much at all but once it warms up, it is like a new years fireworks display...

stephos 02-14-2019 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by right_mr (Post 7680595)
my 2018 is lethal on the rice krispies

I love this! :D

David Ushar 02-15-2019 05:02 PM

Lol! Thank you so much!

Originally Posted by right_mr (Post 7680595)
if you let your vehicle get through the run in period , my prediction is the engine management software will start giving you all the fireworks you desire after this point . At 10k miles, my 2018 is lethal on the rice krispies (snap crackle and pops )but wasn't early on . also when the engine is cold for me at 10k miles it doesn't snap crackle much at all but once it warms up, it is like a new years fireworks display...

dpm7471 02-23-2019 06:53 PM

I just picked up my 2019 C63s about 2 weeks ago and still in the break in period as well. Just FYI for those interested....during the break in period (first 1000 miles), the manual recommends you do the following:

1) Do not go over 85 mph
2) Do not go over 4500 rpm
3) Only keep it in comfort mode, not S or S+
4) Do not manually downshift ( let the car do it on its own)

It's killing me to abide by these rules, but want to take care of this engine.

Supercars_kid 02-25-2019 06:53 PM

2500 miles and car broken into but still same ****

hi everyone I’m new here but I was following the forum for a while now , I’m probably the first to receive my C63s coupe in the US on dec 1 and now I have 2600 miles on it and I had this problem with exhaust sound since day one and gave it to the dealer twice to check it but no clue ... the told me wait to break it I followed the guidelines correct and been dying to go faster or play with it but no I was a good kid ... did the defrantial oil change after 2000 miles and was told it should be good to push it now but still no crackles or pops at all even a c43 would crackle next to me on a traffic light and I won’t I don’t know what’s the situation but they ****ed it up ... any solution like muffler delete or something anyone could recommend let me know and for those who are waiting for it to break I’m sorry to say it won’t change a bit