C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Would C63 w18 inch and comfort seats have improved and noticble ride quality
Yes, the difference to C63s is clear
42.11%
Nah, not worth it.
57.89%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Can I Come Back To AMG ?

Old 03-20-2019, 02:27 PM
HFG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W205 AMG C63 , VW MK6 Jetta
Talking Can I Come Back To AMG ?

Greetings All,

I have been a viewer for quite some time of this prestigious forum and delighted to be part of it.

I've owned a C63s W205 and had to let her go due to the harshness >> yes believe it or not (Test drove it in Dubai )

My Ex

I had an M5 F10 for a while, i enjoyed the ride comfort and personality (DCT is fun period) but ran into engine problems and had to sell. Now, am thinking to get c63 NOT the s-version and definitely dropping the bucket seats. My concern is this, i cannot test drive the car as i will have it imported from Germany. Thus, i will trust you guys. Would a c63 with comfort seats and 18 inch wheels differ in ride quality. For those who tried the s model and normal one back to back, did you notice the difference. Please help me decide and for those wondering about my country. I'm from Saudi Arabia, where roads looks nicer on TV. The AMG community here having alot of issues with these 19's due to lousy roads construction, potholes, potholes and more potholes.
The following users liked this post:
Khaled. (03-26-2019)
Old 03-20-2019, 03:59 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63S AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by HFG
Greetings All,

I have been a viewer for quite some time of this prestigious forum and delighted to be part of it.

I've owned a C63s W205 and had to let her go due to the harshness >> yes believe it or not (Test drove it in Dubai )

I had an M5 F10 for a while, i enjoyed the ride comfort and personality (DCT is fun period) but ran into engine problems and had to sell. Now, am thinking to get c63 NOT the s-version and definitely dropping the bucket seats. My concern is this, i cannot test drive the car as i will have it imported from Germany. Thus, i will trust you guys. Would a c63 with comfort seats and 18 inch wheels differ in ride quality. For those who tried the s model and normal one back to back, did you notice the difference. Please help me decide and for those wondering about my country. I'm from Saudi Arabia, where roads looks nicer on TV. The AMG community here having alot of issues with these 19's due to lousy roads construction, potholes, potholes and more potholes.
I think that tires and tire pressure are also important factors.
Old 03-20-2019, 05:29 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 C63 Cabriolet
Absolutely, the fatter side wall on the 18 inchers does make a difference in comfort and isnt as jarring as the 19 or 20 wheel options...granted I live in Florida and dont deal with pretty smooth roads.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,434 Posts
2019 C63CS
Quite honestly, this stuff is to some extent subjective, but here are a few things to be aware of. First off, you had a sedan. The coupe actually rides more comfortable. AMG deliberately tuned the suspension for the coupe to be a better GT and long distance cruiser in Comfort mode, so you might wanna consider the coupe. I drove a 2018 sedan with the 19/20" wheels, and yes it was pretty harsh. I didn't like it, but I also didn't check the tire pressure. The 2018 coupes I drove rode noticeably more comfortable with the 19/20" and the standard 19". I don't think there's a difference in ride quality between the C63 and C63S, though. The 2019 has a further retuned suspension, and the objective was to make it more comfortable in Comfort mode and more dynamic in Sport+, which judging from the reviews they achieved. The spring rates are 8-10% lower for a more comfortable ride in Comfort mode, and the software was tuned to still be more dynamic in Sport+. I drove a 2019 Coupe the other day, but on fairly good roads, but I did drive over some manholes and I'd say it felt more comfortable. Somebody else who owns a 2018 Coupe in San Francisco, where we have pretty bad roads test drove a 2019 Coupe and said he immediately noticed the more comfortable ride, so that's a good sign.

I also wanna make a comment on tire pressure. You may or may not be aware, but most cars have different recommended tire pressures based on load and intended top speed. There is typically a lower normal load recommended tire pressure for when you are by yourself or up to 2-3 passengers with a mostly empty trunk and a max load recommended tire pressure for when the car is loaded full of passengers and a stuffed trunk, or you intend to drive near the top speed. So make sure you use the proper tire pressure. There can be a noticeable difference in comfort between normal load and max load pressure. The tires also make a difference. With the 19/20" wheels they come with Michelin PSS, which are very good tires and ride more comfortable than other tires, but the new PS4S are a notch above them in all areas. On my current car, an Audi RS5, I went from the OEM Pirelli P Zero, to Michelin PSS and now Michelin PS4S. The ride comfort was much better with the PSS compared to the P Zero, and it further improved with the PS4S and the handling improved equally. I'll most likely try to burn through the PSS on my upcoming 2019 Coupe pretty quickly and replace them with with the PS4S.

Last edited by superswiss; 03-20-2019 at 06:44 PM.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:56 PM

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C63
I have a non-S model with the standard seats but 19" wheels. I don't think it's too harsh at all. In fact, I bought the car out of state and had my 63 year old dad with me for the drive back. It was about 5 hours the first day, but we were on the road for 16 hours the second day, only stopping for food. I heard no complaints other than "it's quick"
Old 03-21-2019, 12:32 AM
HFG

Originally Posted by superswiss
Quite honestly, this stuff is to some extent subjective, but here are a few things to be aware of. First off, you had a sedan. The coupe actually rides more comfortable. AMG deliberately tuned the suspension for the coupe to be a better GT and long distance cruiser in Comfort mode, so you might wanna consider the coupe. I drove a 2018 sedan with the 19/20" wheels, and yes it was pretty harsh. I didn't like it, but I also didn't check the tire pressure. The 2018 coupes I drove rode noticeably morecomfortable with the 19/20" and the standard 19". I don't think there's a difference in ride quality between the C63 and C63S, though. The 2019 has a further retuned suspension, and the objective was to make it more comfortable in Comfort mode and more dynamic in Sport+, which judging from the reviews they achieved. The spring rates are 8-10% lower for a more comfortable ride in Comfort mode, and the software was tuned to still be more dynamic in Sport+. I drove a 2019 Coupe the other day, but on fairly good roads, but I did drive over some manholes and I'd say it felt more comfortable. Somebody else who owns a 2018 Coupe in San Francisco, where we have pretty bad roads test drove a 2019 Coupe and said he immediately noticed the more comfortable ride, so that's a good sign.

I also wanna make a comment on tire pressure. You may or may not be aware, but most cars have different recommended tire pressures based on load and intended top speed. There is typically a lower normal load recommended tire pressure for when you are by yourself or up to 2-3 passengers with a mostly empty trunk and a max load recommended tire pressure for when the car is loaded full of passengers and a stuffed trunk, or you intend to drive near the top speed. So make sure you use the proper tire pressure. There can be a noticeable difference in comfort between normal load and max load pressure. The tires also make a difference. With the 19/20" wheels they come with Michelin PSS, which are very good tires and ride more comfortable than other tires, but the new PS4S are a notch above them in all areas. On my current car, an Audi RS5, I went from the OEM Pirelli P Zero, to Michelin PSS and now Michelin PS4S. The ride comfort was much better with the PSS compared to the P Zero, and it further improved with the PS4S and the handling improved equally. I'll most likely try to burn through the PSS on my upcoming 2019 Coupe pretty quickly and replace them with with the PS4S.
Appreciate all your response.

in regards to tyre pressure, I’ve been there, done it to as low as 32 but still wasn’t convinced. Of course the Michellen is a comfort master compared to Pirellis. I am already thinking to install 255/40R18 and 275/40R18 if i get the car as the tyres will have to be changed due to different climate between Germany and here.
Old 03-23-2019, 05:58 AM
HFG

Any more inputs ? Still cannot make a decision
Old 03-23-2019, 07:28 AM

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
2016 GTS, 2017 S550 Cabriolet, 2015 911Turbo S 2016Q5, 2008 Z06
I use a small memory foam seat cushion on my driver's seat to cushion my spine. Makes all the difference in the world.
Old 03-23-2019, 09:33 AM

C63S AMG Coupe
I drove this car (2018) to Houston from Dallas and concluded that it was the most comfortable long drive I can remember. I think it depends on what you are used to and I am used to a taut suspension. I agree that this is a highly subjective matter but I would imagine that the E series would have a better ride.
Old 03-23-2019, 01:56 PM
HFG

A
Old 03-23-2019, 01:57 PM
HFG

Originally Posted by DRGG
I drove this car (2018) to Houston from Dallas and concluded that it was the most comfortable long drive I can remember. I think it depends on what you are used to and I am used to a taut suspension. I agree that this is a highly subjective matter but I would imagine that the E series would have a better ride.
Well i have owned it with bucket seats and 19inch wheels, drove it from Dubai to Saudi approx 9 hr drive and was okay but a mile away from my previous M5 F10. The E class is definitely gonna do it for me except it costs as a large 3 bed flat

The § is a normal seats, 18 inch c63 will make a noticeable difference to c63s with bucket seats and 19 inch wheels?
Old 03-23-2019, 06:20 PM

C63S AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by HFG
Well i have owned it with bucket seats and 19inch wheels, drove it from Dubai to Saudi approx 9 hr drive and was okay but a mile away from my previous M5 F10. The E class is definitely gonna do it for me except it costs as a large 3 bed flat

The § is a normal seats, 18 inch c63 will make a noticeable difference to c63s with bucket seats and 19 inch wheels?
I seem to recall some owners saying their sport seats were a little hard. I have the regular seats. It's really not bad, unless your roads are in bad shape. My wheels are 19/20.
Old 03-26-2019, 06:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C
Originally Posted by HFG

hey man I sent you a direct message could you be kind enough and reply.
Thanks in advance
Old 03-27-2019, 05:19 PM
HFG

Originally Posted by Khaled.
hey man I sent you a direct message could you be kind enough and reply.
Thanks in advance
Done