MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   JB4 is here! (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/742703-jb4-here.html)

Vader-C63sE1 04-23-2019 04:31 PM

JB4 is here!

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...7beea16e81.jpg
installing this week, got the wireless connect and boost controller (BCM) as well.

BMS 04-23-2019 04:38 PM

Awesome!! We've sold tons of these already with great feedback. :zoom:

Klinh 04-23-2019 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Vader-C63sE1 (Post 7739826)
installing this week, got the wireless connect and boost controller (BCM) as well.

Congrats !!! How much it cost? Hp/TQ gains? How much boost over stock? Thanks

BMS 04-23-2019 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Klinh (Post 7739896)
Congrats !!! How much it cost? Hp/TQ gains? How much boost over stock? Thanks

https://www.burgermotorsports.com/co...-e63-gts-tuner

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d685b39252.png

Vader-C63sE1 04-23-2019 06:27 PM

What is amazing to me is that my 2002 Camaro SS was heavily modded for its day. Stage 3 TEA heads (had to fly cut the pistons), Custom N20 CAM, full 1 7/8 long tube headers, LSX Intake and TB 90mm, electric water pump, lots of weigh reduction, high flow fuel pump, the entire suspension was modded even a-arms and k-member, custom drive shaft, 12 bolt rear end with 33 spline gun drilled axles, full slicks and skinnies, and more I can't even recall. NA it made right at 500 rwhp, and on the spray 605 rwhp and 626 rwtq and was a low 10's car with a best of 10.2 @ 136 MPH

This car is making nearly the same numbers with 1-2 mods, just amazes me how engine efficiency has changed and 700-1000 HP monsters are running the streets!

ezatnova 04-24-2019 01:32 AM

Can you post one showing gains on an S?

w62820616 04-24-2019 01:23 PM

JB4 for 2018 C63S How much with all the options ? ship to TX

C3504matic 04-25-2019 10:33 PM

apparently its a secret :rolf:

BMS 04-26-2019 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by ezatnova (Post 7740257)
Can you post one showing gains on an S?

We don't have any dynos with a C63s however the peak numbers will be the same. The delta will be less because the C63s makes a little more power from factory.

Originally Posted by w62820616 (Post 7740627)
JB4 for 2018 C63S How much with all the options ? ship to TX

Free shipping to US on all JB4 systems!
All JB4 systems come the same, the only option would be to choose which data cable you prefer. I would say to go with the bluetooth.

http://www.burgertuning.com/mercedes_benz_C63_JB4.html

Originally Posted by C3504matic (Post 7741998)
apparently its a secret :rolf:

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them :)

Thanks,
Payam

ezatnova 04-26-2019 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by BMS (Post 7742386)
We don't have any dynos with a C63s however the peak numbers will be the same. The delta will be less because the C63s makes a little more power from factory.

Free shipping to US on all JB4 systems!
All JB4 systems come the same, the only option would be to choose which data cable you prefer. I would say to go with the bluetooth.

http://www.burgertuning.com/mercedes_benz_C63_JB4.html

If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them :)

Thanks,
Payam

thanks Payam. Are there plans to update the main BMS thread soon with a comprehensive post that will show an install video, recommended base settings by fuel and mods, and also any sort of guide to basic settings for the boost reduction by gear? Last I saw, a while ago, those parameters sounded confusing (ie not just “boost reduction”), and the values had to be entered backwards and not in a logical way.

Basically, hoping for something for the bulk of the users (like myself) that are in stock S’s and just want a clean simple reliable option to set and forget, but still have the nice feature of putting the map back to stock or valet with the phone, and the nice performance metrics that the app gives.

BMS 05-01-2019 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by ezatnova (Post 7742448)
thanks Payam. Are there plans to update the main BMS thread soon with a comprehensive post that will show an install video, recommended base settings by fuel and mods, and also any sort of guide to basic settings for the boost reduction by gear? Last I saw, a while ago, those parameters sounded confusing (ie not just “boost reduction”), and the values had to be entered backwards and not in a logical way.

Basically, hoping for something for the bulk of the users (like myself) that are in stock S’s and just want a clean simple reliable option to set and forget, but still have the nice feature of putting the map back to stock or valet with the phone, and the nice performance metrics that the app gives.

We're working on video install guides to help everyone with the process. Yes, I'll see what we can do with making a video with the boost by gear reduction.
It is a bit confusing, I know what you mean.

Oh man, I'll update our site shortly! I didn't even know the default settings weren't up.
The JB4 will basically auto detect any mods when you add them, a couple logs and it does the adjustments itself :)
You can start with map 1 or 2 and send us logs. That's what we recommend for pump gas 91 (Map1) 93 (Map2+), every car is different so logs do help identify what you can do.

Thanks,
Payam

ezatnova 05-01-2019 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by BMS (Post 7746140)
We're working on video install guides to help everyone with the process. Yes, I'll see what we can do with making a video with the boost by gear reduction.

Oh man, I'll update our site shortly! I didn't even know the default settings weren't up.
The JB4 will basically auto detect any mods when you add them, a couple logs and it does the adjustments itself :)
You can start with map 1 or 2 and send us logs. That's what we recommend for pump gas 91 (Map1) 93 (Map2+), every car is different so logs do help identify what you can do.

Thanks,
Payam

sounds good. Looking forward to seeing all that. Thanks!

Klinh 05-01-2019 03:41 PM

You need a car car to make a video? I’m live in your area.

Thanks,
Payam

ezatnova 05-01-2019 03:58 PM

Thanks,
Payam

Thought of a few other questions/comments:

- I wasn't aware about the logs allowing JB4 to auto adjust (auto tune?). I thought I even read somewhere that, unlike past BMW applications, this one does not auto tune.

- Can you help us understand the difference or need for sending in logs to identify fine tuning, vs doing a "couple logs and it adjusting itself"? If there is some auto tuning, is it just limited compared to you pros taking a look at a log and suggesting changes?

- There very well may be "defaults" posted to the site, and I didn't see them. My apologies if that is the case. Not sure though.

Thanks

BMS 05-01-2019 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by ezatnova (Post 7746181)
Thought of a few other questions/comments:

- I wasn't aware about the logs allowing JB4 to auto adjust (auto tune?). I thought I even read somewhere that, unlike past BMW applications, this one does not auto tune.

- Can you help us understand the difference or need for sending in logs to identify fine tuning, vs doing a "couple logs and it adjusting itself"? If there is some auto tuning, is it just limited compared to you pros taking a look at a log and suggesting changes?

- There very well may be "defaults" posted to the site, and I didn't see them. My apologies if that is the case. Not sure though.

Thanks

No, auto tune is different than auto adjust. What I'm talking about are some different JB4 values when changing intake and downpipe etc.
Auto tune will be based off different things which is not on this platform yet. Sorry for the confusion.

For the regular user running pump gas on map 1/2 with some bolts it's PNP no logging or value changing needed.
Just install it and enjoy the much added power!

When going with some e85 blends and methanol or BCM, that's when we'd like to see some logs.
Some adjustments and values will need to be inputted and that's where we can help :)

Thanks,
Payam

Klinh 05-06-2019 10:57 PM

Did you get it install yet?

BMS 05-07-2019 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Klinh (Post 7746166)
You need a car car to make a video? I’m live in your area.

Sorry, I just saw this.

We have our own development C63, thank you though :)

-Payam

Vader-C63sE1 05-09-2019 11:37 AM

Sadly no, I need to make time!

wassup61 05-10-2019 12:42 PM

@BMS Any update on W213 E63S map development/dynos?

BMS 05-10-2019 01:49 PM

We've done a few E63S now with good feedback, but no dyno numbers yet on them.

Klinh 05-11-2019 12:34 AM

I am wishing you would install it soon so I can decide JB4 or Dinan. I’m ready for this mod.

untamedd 05-11-2019 12:42 AM

i fail to understand how there has been no dyno for a c63s since forever

scrufy 05-12-2019 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by untamedd (Post 7752953)
i fail to understand how there has been no dyno for a c63s since forever

I think it was said earlier that the numbers are the same as a C63.

Beast 05-12-2019 06:02 PM

is it possible to add extra burbles + crackles with this to the 2019 C63s?

ezatnova 05-12-2019 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by scrufy (Post 7753874)
I think it was said earlier that the numbers are the same as a C63.

Yes, but many of us simply want to see a graph of before and after. I want to see the delta on an S all along the rpm band. It shouldn’t be that crazy of an ask, given that I’m sure the majority of the customer
cars are/will be S’s. I really don’t think the reason it
hasn't been done is that it will appear disappointing, but it would be good to see nonetheless.

AMGMessiah 05-14-2019 04:58 PM

For the money, I feel C63 S same dyno numbers as non-S model is worth it. The boost by gear control feature of the JB4 is what should be a main priority as opposed to amount of power and wheel torque added.

Vader-C63sE1 05-18-2019 11:39 AM

Update, yesterday I printed out the instructions! My goal is to install this weekend, then get my Service B, I am putting back in my stock paper filters so we can get a true bone stock dyno, then install the high flow filters re-run the MAP 0 to see gain, then run the maps up to and including race fuel levels. Then it’s time for some better rear tires, as my stock ones are on the wear bars at 8,500 miles. At a stoplight race I got beat by a stock C7 Stingray Vette because I could not find traction :( that is really frustrating.

ezatnova 05-18-2019 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Vader-C63sE1 (Post 7758438)
Update, yesterday I printed out the instructions! My goal is to install this weekend, then get my Service B, I am putting back in my stock paper filters so we can get a true bone stock dyno, then install the high flow filters re-run the MAP 0 to see gain, then run the maps up to and including race fuel levels. Then it’s time for some better rear tires, as my stock ones are on the wear bars at 8,500 miles. At a stoplight race I got beat by a stock C7 Stingray Vette because I could not find traction :( that is really frustrating.

That will be great to get that data!

Yeah I hear you on the traction. Sunny and 75 here today and I can’t get grip until third gear, stock. And my tires are in good shape (also stock)

Vader-C63sE1 05-19-2019 03:26 AM

It’s underway finally!
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...863f915f5.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...44cfeb188.jpeg

BMS 05-19-2019 08:50 PM

Nice!

Klinh 05-20-2019 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Vader-C63sE1 (Post 7758880)

Well ....??? They said it a 4 hrs job.

AlexZTuned 05-20-2019 09:06 AM

It’s honestly more like a 1 hour job. I’ve installed and reinstalled my Dinan piggyback multiple times in less than an hour.

5 minutes to unplug the negative battery (2 min for me). 10 minutes to remove airboxes (5 min for me). 5 minutes to remove the 8 or so bolts to get slack in the front engine harness (2 min for me). And then the rest of the time is finagling with the plugs (only front two are difficult if you don’t know how to unclip them). Takes around 15-20 minutes depending on how difficult you find those two front plugs. Putting everything back together and buttoning up everything with zip-ties, mounting the Dinan module, is about 10-15 min.

The first time I really took my time going line by line with directions from multiple install guides, and it ended up taking me around 2.5 hrs.

notabenex 05-20-2019 10:40 AM

i am going to install jb4 next week, is there any new info or video of install? i have only manuál which i got with my order in christmas..

Vader-C63sE1 05-23-2019 12:53 AM

Well it’s done, installed!

Took me over 6 hours, to install the JB4 and the BCM. I will say it was not easy, I have a lot of experience working on cars, and have previously installed a JB3 on my previous 335i. This was much harder as MBZ leaves not a mm of slack in ANY cable or loom. Most of your time is spent cutting ties, pulling clips to make more slack to get to the MAP sensors. The FPS are easy...cake! However all 4 MAPS are a *****, only 1 on my car was relatively easy compared to the rest. The BCM connection was also very hard, no room to get in there an get at the connector. I have slender and long finger and forearms and that hardly helped, if you have fat fingers and large forearms good luck with the BCM. I did spend a good amount of time maybe 45-60min on the button up, making sure everything was reconnected and put back in place and then zip tying and tiding everything the way I like it, nice and tight.

If I did it agin I would use a lift and air tools for the under car pans, mine are in storage :(

The app is easy to use and once I connected the neg batt terminal back up the car started right up and everything is working!

I have not driven it yet, will tomorrow. I put back in my stock paper filters so we can get a baseline dyno, then base + high flow filters, then start running the MAPS!

More to come next week

The good news is that the firewall penetration was one of the easiest of any car I have worked on so hooking up to the OBD2 port was super easy.

Vader-C63sE1 05-23-2019 12:57 AM

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...367186fd2.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...ce118145c.jpeg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...d7999ad5f.jpeg

Vader-C63sE1 05-23-2019 01:01 AM

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...5915d9ca6.jpeg
https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...f9f7ca36d.jpeg

Klinh 05-23-2019 01:36 AM

Congrats on the installation. I hope you like it. I decided to go with Dinan and were scheduled for installation tomorrow but I canceled and wait until I come back from vacation on June 3. Thanks for doing the dyno to share it with us. I thought about doing the air filter mod too.

ezatnova 05-23-2019 06:51 AM

Originally Posted by Vader-C63sE1 (Post 7762182)

First, thanks for the update and thank you for scheduling dyno time to finally give us all concrete info on baseline, filters, and now the JB4 maps. Really looking forward to that!

Second, couple of questions.

Why did this involve removing anything from the bottom of the car? Was this only because you did the BCM? I scanned through the install instructions PDF and really don’t remember anything about getting at the car from underneath and removing shields.

How come you went with a BCM (rest of your car is stock except for high flow filters, it sounds like?). Is your plan to get pure Map 1 and Map 2 pump gas dynos before anything else involving the BCM and ethanol/meth/race gas, etc? Hoping that’s the case so we can see pure plug and play JB4 benefit to the S.

While you’re being so generous with your analysis, would you also mind documenting what you think about the boost reduction by gear? Maybe like trying with the baseline of 0 and seeing how it helps or doesn’t help to go up to the values BMS recommends on their N54 page? Do you have stock tires?

Thanks again for the info. Sorry to hear it is such a headache to do. Miss the days of 15 minutes for the JB3 on the 335i :)

notabenex 05-23-2019 07:02 AM

Is there any updated installation manual? I have first version bought before christmas 2018, going to install next weekend. Thanks

ezatnova 05-23-2019 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by notabenex (Post 7762272)
Is there any updated installation manual? I have first version bought before christmas 2018, going to install next weekend. Thanks

I think you posted the same question a few posts above. No new manual or video.

Vader-C63sE1 05-23-2019 10:58 AM

The BCM is the new Boost Control Module, and the only way to get to it is from underneath, there is just not much room at all between the fan shroud and block, and it tucked in there tight.

Yes planning to go with Ethanol and or Race Gas, then Water/Meth when that kit is available, maybe upgraded turbos in a year or so.

Yes, just need to learn and understand how to play with the BRBG feature, stock tires but the rears are bald at 8K miles so going stickier and wider (305) probably Nittos

BMS 05-23-2019 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Vader-C63sE1 (Post 7762418)
The BCM is the new Boost Control Module, and the only way to get to it is from underneath, there is just not much room at all between the fan shroud and block, and it tucked in there tight.

Yes planning to go with Ethanol and or Race Gas, then Water/Meth when that kit is available, maybe upgraded turbos in a year or so.

Yes, just need to learn and understand how to play with the BRBG feature, stock tires but the rears are bald at 8K miles so going stickier and wider (305) probably Nittos

Here's a little teaser of our meth kit setup. Our 2 gallon kit fits perfectly under the cowls, no need to run wires or lines in through the car.
This meth kit took about 30 minutes to install :) Will have some dyno numbers posted soon.

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a87386f81f.jpg

Vader-C63sE1 05-23-2019 07:28 PM

I just got wood!!

PreOrder for me on the Intakes and meth kit :)

mr747 05-23-2019 08:23 PM

NICE SETUP

Klinh 05-23-2019 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by BMS (Post 7762875)
Here's a little teaser of our meth kit setup. Our 2 gallon kit fits perfectly under the cowls, no need to run wires or lines in through the car.
This meth kit took about 30 minutes to install :) Will have some dyno numbers posted soon.

I like both mods. Look very clean setup

gOt BoOsT 05-24-2019 11:13 AM

Does your kit use a progressive controller? What blend and what size nozzles? Are you able to see post meth iats without additional sensors? Very interested!

untamedd 05-24-2019 12:08 PM

nice intakes. almost identical to ZAC. Seems like everyone making this style isnt ready to ship out. neither BMS nor ZAC. sigh

ezatnova 05-24-2019 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by untamedd (Post 7763363)
nice intakes. almost identical to ZAC. Seems like everyone making this style isnt ready to ship out. neither BMS nor ZAC. sigh

Shame that none of them have a little place to swap the AMG engine plaque on to. not sure how feasible it is to remove and place it anyway. Still, they could have the correct sized flat spot with a "BMS Tuning" plaque there that could be removed if people wanted to try and swap on the OEM plaque.

untamedd 05-24-2019 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by ezatnova (Post 7763384)
Shame that none of them have a little place to swap the AMG engine plaque on to. not sure how feasible it is to remove and place it anyway. Still, they could have the correct sized flat spot with a "BMS Tuning" plaque there that could be removed if people wanted to try and swap on the OEM plaque.

ZAC does. Pretty sure the picture I saw had the original plaque on it.

ezatnova 05-24-2019 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by untamedd (Post 7763386)
ZAC does. Pretty sure the picture I saw had the original plaque on it.

Oh wow. Sorry, I was assuming they were basically identical between BMS and ZAC

BMS 05-24-2019 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by ezatnova (Post 7763393)
Oh wow. Sorry, I was assuming they were basically identical between BMS and ZAC

We've gone through a couple revisions with different designs. This was the best and there is a heat shield incorporated as well.
That was the most important thing it needed. The ZAC stuff looks to be something custom for larger turbos, I haven't seen anything for a production piece.

Anyways, our intakes will be out soon! The final revision is complete and we're popping them out as I type. ETA mid June :)

BMS 05-24-2019 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT (Post 7763317)
Does your kit use a progressive controller? What blend and what size nozzles? Are you able to see post meth iats without additional sensors? Very interested!

We're using our FSB, it can be progressive, PWM etc. You can use 100% or 50/50, whatever you are comfortable with. Nozzle sizes will depend on turbos. If you're stock we rec Dual BM5.
upgraded turbos, Dual 7 and higher depending on how much extra fuel you will need. We'll have more test results up soon, I'll make another thread for it when the time permits.

untamedd 05-24-2019 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by BMS (Post 7763418)
We've gone through a couple revisions with different designs. This was the best and there is a heat shield incorporated as well.
That was the most important thing it needed. The ZAC stuff looks to be something custom for larger turbos, I haven't seen anything for a production piece.

Anyways, our intakes will be out soon! The final revision is complete and we're popping them out as I type. ETA mid June :)

ZAC has two sizes.. larger inlets for bigger yabeela turbos and standard inlets for stock.

blaferty 05-24-2019 04:49 PM

BMS:

Do you have estimated prices for meth kit & intake for M177 motor?
Thanks

dangreene 05-24-2019 11:33 PM

Is the BCM available to purchase?
i have a c63s and our company has a mainline Dyno. I’d be happy to provide a before and after run to show the difference.

gOt BoOsT 05-25-2019 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by ezatnova (Post 7763384)

Zac has a spot on the passenger side intake tube for the AMG plaque.

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...9e5c50417.jpeg

Klinh 05-26-2019 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by Vader-C63sE1 (Post 7762418)

First impression feedback please.

MTV10 05-28-2019 10:35 AM

Those intakes don't look very efficient....

I'm seeing lots of hot air being sucked in where they are positioned.

ezatnova 05-28-2019 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by MTV10 (Post 7765882)
Those intakes don't look very efficient....

I'm seeing lots of hot air being sucked in where they are positioned.

Would be nice to see dyno gains with a closed hood and a fan positioned in front, most closely simulating road usage. Open hood cheats in a way by allowing plenty of ambient cooler air in and the engine heat to escape.

B3NS_C63s_AMG 05-28-2019 05:17 PM

Will JB4 address pops and crackles limitation on 2019 facelift c63s?

KingMonkeyJr 05-29-2019 11:06 AM

I am very interested in that meth kit. I am running a GLC63 so I’m the same but different lol.

I currently have JB4 installed. Yes it was a hassle as they don’t give you room to move wires. My fat hands had a hell of a time!

Also do the Bluetooth gave me some problems.. I had to actually hard solder it to the box as there was no plug in. It worked! But not sure what went wrong there..

Im currently running weistec w3 turbos, downpipes, DME Tune and weistec air boxes. I’ll tell you the jb4 really took my GLC to the next level.

Here are are photos of after install:
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...88fa7d055.jpeg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...985446856.jpeg
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...f55e03fc0.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...754a4bdc6.jpeg

BMS 05-29-2019 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Ben Khoshabeh (Post 7766236)
Will JB4 address pops and crackles limitation on 2019 facelift c63s?

No, to adjust that you need to change injection timing and that isn't something you can safely do with a tuning system. Would need to reflash for that.

notabenex 05-29-2019 01:30 PM

is the sound of the exhaust different with additional boost?

B3NS_C63s_AMG 05-29-2019 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by BMS (Post 7766848)
No, to adjust that you need to change injection timing and that isn't something you can safely do with a tuning system. Would need to reflash for that.

Thanks for the honest response!

KingMonkeyJr 05-30-2019 12:18 PM

Anybody throwing any codes?

When Im in map1 or map2 I get:

P0100: Mass Air Flow Circuit Malfunction

P0057: HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low (bank2, sensor 2)

Wondering if anyone else has had them? I talked to another guy with a GLC63 and he is getting samething.

Klinh 05-30-2019 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by KingMonkeyJr (Post 7767594)

Wondering if anyone else has had them? I talked to another guy with a GLC63 and he is getting samething.

Maps 1&2 should be plug-n-play. Good luck.

KingMonkeyJr 05-30-2019 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Klinh (Post 7768022)
Maps 1&2 should be plug-n-play. Good luck.

Yes I know that....

they are asking me to unplug fuel sensor and plug in stock one to see if it will help with those codes.

We will see if it helps.

BMS 05-31-2019 12:02 AM

Originally Posted by KingMonkeyJr (Post 7767594)

Not seen either of those codes. Seems like an o2 sensor is disconnected? In any event work with tech support to help isolate the cause.

KingMonkeyJr 05-31-2019 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by BMS (Post 7768099)
Not seen either of those codes. Seems like an o2 sensor is disconnected? In any event work with tech support to help isolate the cause.

Conclusion came to plugging the stock fuel sensors back in and leaving jb4’s disconnected.

Running fine now!

ezatnova 05-31-2019 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by KingMonkeyJr (Post 7768668)
Conclusion came to plugging the stock fuel sensors back in and leaving jb4’s disconnected.

Running fine now!

Ah, interesting. Then what’s the point of that connection!?

ezatnova 06-05-2019 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by ezatnova (Post 7768678)

BMS??

munis 06-05-2019 11:18 AM

Modifying fuel trims as much as possible to make sure you do not run lean. It does not quite do it like a ECU tune, but good enough to keep everything in check. You can change the FOL (Fuel Open Loop) Value in the app to play with this parameter.

Klinh 06-05-2019 12:14 PM

It doesn’t seem like it a plug-n-play. People are still having issues after installation. I’m loving my plug-n-play Dinan.

BMS 06-06-2019 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Klinh (Post 7771735)
It doesn’t seem like it a plug-n-play. People are still having issues after installation. I’m loving my plug-n-play Dinan.

The JB4 is fully plug and play and unlike Dinan offers fuel control and CANbus. As well as optional boost solenoid control for those really looking to push things. There are maybe 200 C63s tuned with JB4 now and working well.

When people have issues with their car we're always here to provide advice and support as we're doing in this support thread! If you don't want to hear about issues and their resolution don't hang out in support threads. :)

BMS 06-06-2019 01:55 PM

Fuel pressure connections are used to adjust fuel trims in situations where they are maxing out. Reverting those specific connections to stock is a diagnostic step to isolate an issue if codes indicate such. As to the underlining issue in his car I'm not sure what they determined as I wans't involved in the support ticket.

AMGMessiah 06-07-2019 09:47 AM

Originally Posted by BMS (Post 7772640)
The JB4 is fully plug and play and unlike Dinan offers fuel control and CANbus. As well as optional boost solenoid control for those really looking to push things. There are maybe 200 C63s tuned with JB4 now and working well.

When people have issues with their car we're always here to provide advice and support as we're doing in this support thread! If you don't want to hear about issues and their resolution don't hang out in support threads. :)

200 c63s and not one before and after dyno? No feed back? Logs? Something? Am I in the wrong forum? I even checked N54 tech. Nothing there either.

Vader-C63sE1 06-07-2019 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by AMGMessiah (Post 7773339)
200 c63s and not one before and after dyno? No feed back? Logs? Something? Am I in the wrong forum? I even checked N54 tech. Nothing there either.

I am getting my S DYNO’d next week full stock, then run the maps and see what we get!

AMGMessiah 06-07-2019 10:38 AM

Great! I bought my JB4 last week anyway. I just have not installed it yet. I had it on my 2014 335i for 5 years without a hitch and really had a great experience with the product, Terry and the entire crew over there at Burger tuning. That's the reason I bought it since there is no data for C63s..lol..but I have faith..lol. I plan on doing a before and after dyno run too just wont be for another couple weeks as I am going on vacation. Hopefully, you'll publish your results before then. Cheers.

ezatnova 06-07-2019 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by AMGMessiah (Post 7773379)
Great! I bought my JB4 last week anyway. I just have not installed it yet. I had it on my 2014 335i for 5 years without a hitch and really had a great experience with the product, Terry and the entire crew over there at Burger tuning. That's the reason I bought it since there is no data for C63s..lol..but I have faith..lol. I plan on doing a before and after dyno run too just wont be for another couple weeks as I am going on vacation. Hopefully, you'll publish your results before then. Cheers.

My thoughts exactly. And my JB4 sits in its box as well until I gain some confidence in what I’m seeing (or lack thereof). I also had a flawless (JB3) 335i experience with Terry and crew back in the day.

Anyway, BMS, would it be feasible to roll out included maps that are called “Map 1 BR”, “Map 2 BR”, etc which have the standard appropriate map settings, but already have solid starting values in place for boost reduction in lower gears, based on experience with stock wheels and tires? This would be one more thing to really letting the JB4 be plug and play.

KingMonkeyJr 06-07-2019 09:28 PM

Is the battery relocated for the meth kit? Looking at mine now.

ezatnova 06-07-2019 10:05 PM

Originally Posted by KingMonkeyJr (Post 7773864)
Is the battery relocated for the meth kit? Looking at mine now.

Um, the battery’s in the trunk.

KingMonkeyJr 06-07-2019 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by ezatnova (Post 7773879)
Um, the battery’s in the trunk.

Sorry I am in a GLC 63. It’s much more active in this side of the forums lol.

Right where their kit kit is installed is where my battery is located.

BMS 06-10-2019 12:05 AM

WMI testing is going well.. Will try to get it up on our website with some addl info early next week!

Shmackglc63s 06-13-2019 03:02 AM

Think for the glc ppl lol

Originally Posted by BMS (Post 7775120)
WMI testing is going well.. Will try to get it up on our website with some addl info early next week!

Is this gonna be compatible with the GLC?since the battery is located in the front?

BMS 06-13-2019 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by Shmackglc63s (Post 7777940)
Is this gonna be compatible with the GLC?since the battery is located in the front?

The kit is compatible, but the tank location will differ because of that. You'd most likely mount that in the trunk space.

-Payam

Shmackglc63s 06-13-2019 03:18 PM

Available

Originally Posted by BMS (Post 7778152)
The kit is compatible, but the tank location will differ because of that. You'd most likely mount that in the trunk space.

-Payam

When Will It Be Able?Before I order Weistec.

BMS 06-13-2019 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Shmackglc63s (Post 7778425)
When Will It Be Able?Before I order Weistec.

My apologies! Here is the link for the full kit on our website:
https://www.burgertuning.com/collect...z-c63-c63s-amg

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e8699f6a64.jpg

-Payam

KingMonkeyJr 06-14-2019 10:13 AM

How do ya Cali guys get this lol

BMS 06-14-2019 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by KingMonkeyJr (Post 7779027)

Sorry, it's not legal in California :(

-Payam

Klinh 06-14-2019 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by KingMonkeyJr (Post 7779027)

You can have friends or relatives live in other states order for ... ?? 😀

ezatnova 06-14-2019 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Klinh (Post 7779580)
You can have friends or relatives live in other states order for ... ?? 😀

It amazes me that people who presumably are intelligent enough have a career that supports buying a car like this need instructions on how to get a part. 😂

Klinh 06-14-2019 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by ezatnova (Post 7779589)
It amazes me that people who presumably are intelligent enough have a career that supports buying a car like this need instructions on how to get a part. 😂

You never know. It could be someone work for the GOV trying to bait and hook? 😀

Vader-C63sE1 06-14-2019 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by BMS (Post 7778427)
My apologies! Here is the link for the full kit on our website:
https://www.burgertuning.com/collect...z-c63-c63s-amg

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e8699f6a64.jpg

-Payam

F-Yeah! It’s ready, gonna get this on order, are they shipping ASAP?

BMS 06-16-2019 04:54 PM

Yes systems have been shipping.. We have around 10 left in stock. :)

Vader-C63sE1 06-16-2019 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by BMS (Post 7780668)
Yes systems have been shipping.. We have around 10 left in stock. :)

Ordered it today for Father’s Day! How much longer for the intakes?

DaRuzzian 06-17-2019 01:11 AM

Car just recovered from another companies tune, bad first experience!

Looking forward to seeing before & after dyno numbers on
Stock c63s

BMS 06-17-2019 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by Vader-C63sE1 (Post 7780785)
Ordered it today for Father’s Day! How much longer for the intakes?

I think a couple more weeks. I'm hoping to start shipping in the first week of July!
Busy race season, lots of things are delayed by some of our manufacturers.
Worth the wait, I promise!!

-Payam

ezatnova 06-17-2019 12:22 PM

Is there any type of push notification or sign-up to receive alerts when new C63 JB4 firmware and/or maps are released? I know there’s a page on N54 but, like most people, life gets busy and remembering to check can really slip the mind.

Vader-C63sE1 06-23-2019 02:42 AM

Got the WMI kit, looking at the install manual it appears this mod will delete the air cabin filters. I am not sure I am OK with leaving that sitting wide open under the hood. Anyone else install one yet? What did you do?

https://www.n54tech.com/instructions...mi_install.pdf

ezatnova 06-23-2019 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Vader-C63sE1 (Post 7773346)
I am getting my S DYNO’d next week full stock, then run the maps and see what we get!

How did the dynos pan out?

BMS 06-23-2019 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by Vader-C63sE1 (Post 7785784)
Got the WMI kit, looking at the install manual it appears this mod will delete the air cabin filters. I am not sure I am OK with leaving that sitting wide open under the hood. Anyone else install one yet? What did you do?

That is just one way to mount the tank. Alternatively you can mount it in the trunk where there is plenty more space.

CPD SLK 06-23-2019 06:32 PM

What exactly does this jb4 do??

Klinh 06-23-2019 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by CPD SLK (Post 7786164)

OMG ... search and read.

BMS 06-24-2019 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by CPD SLK (Post 7786164)

It makes all your wildest dreams come true! And adds a bunch of horsepower. ;)

BMS 06-24-2019 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Vader-C63sE1 (Post 7785784)

Don't worry, we're working on a cabin filter for this ;)

-Payam

answer223 06-26-2019 08:49 PM

I guess we will never find out how 63S will gain with JB4 :)

Vader-C63sE1 06-26-2019 08:54 PM

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e21c12270.jpeg
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...a8f41c49e.jpeg
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...2e79bc5e9.jpeg
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e5d6dcf1d.jpeg
I just got my WMI kit installed and I mounted it low enough that I could keep the cabin air filter.

I just need the WMI Firmware update and then ready to test, the tank is loaded with 50/50 mix and then I am ready to dyno.

Here are some pics of my install of the WMI

AMGMessiah 06-26-2019 10:25 PM

I had my JB4 installed last week at close friend's indy shop. After messing with it for an hour and a half dropping a bolt on the under tray and ripping out Map sensor 1 lock tab, I gave up. This is nothing like the install on my 335i. I could not even get the rubber shroud loose enough to adequately remove map sensor one. It took my guy 3 hrs with help from another tech to install it. Granted, this was his first time. I'd say 1 and half hours the next time. Anyways, I instantly noticed the added power pulling out of the shop. The JB4 defaults to map 1 when plugged into the ODBII port. I did not know that so I was pleasantly surprised. I played in Map 1 for a couple days then switched to map 2. Holy Crap! This thing woke the hec up! To be honest, traction is now a major concern. You'll be lighting up your rear tires in first and second and this is in sport + manual mode. Until I can mess with the boost by gear settings on the JB4 and get this thing to hook, more power is the least of my worries right now. I need to schedule a Dyno session sometime next week. I just need to find a good shop. I figured I do a run with JB4 off (Stock), one in map one ( 4 psi over stock) and another in Map 2 (5 psi over stock). Not sure if I want to try maps 3,4,5 yet. At least not before I install ethanol sensor from Fuel-it and at least know what mixture.

C3504matic 06-26-2019 10:29 PM

Usually when there are a lack of response or no data at all its because the gains haven't been what they hoped for and if they were to post them then no one would buy them . On the Bwm's they posted tons of results over time and hyped it up and sold lots ...

Originally Posted by answer223 (Post 7788988)

ezatnova 06-26-2019 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by C3504matic (Post 7789056)
Usually when there are a lack of response or no data at all its because the gains haven't been what they hoped for and if they were to post them then no one would buy them . On the Bwm's they posted tons of results over time and hyped it up and sold lots ...

Between AMGMessiah and Vader, we should hopefully have some good dyno results soon.

Vader, I am selfishly hoping that you don’t muddle the dyno process with the methanol, or at least make sure you get clean JB4 vs base maps before turning that on, or else it will certainly skew the real world results for everyone just running JB4 :)

ezatnova 06-26-2019 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by AMGMessiah (Post 7789051)
I had my JB4 installed last week at close friend's indy shop. After messing with it for an hour and a half dropping a bolt on the under tray and ripping out Map sensor 1 lock tab, I gave up. This is nothing like the install on my 335i. I could not even get the rubber shroud loose enough to adequately remove map sensor one. It took my guy 3 hrs with help from another tech to install it. Granted, this was his first time. I'd say 1 and half hours the next time. Anyways, I instantly noticed the added power pulling out of the shop. The JB4 defaults to map 1 when plugged into the ODBII port. I did not know that so I was pleasantly surprised. I played in Map 1 for a couple days then switched to map 2. Holy Crap! This thing woke the hec up! To be honest, traction is now a major concern. You'll be lighting up rear your tires in first and second and this is in sport + manual mode. Until I can mess with the boost by gear settings on the JB4 and get this thing to hook, more power is the least of my worries right now. I need to schedule a Dyno session sometime next week. I just need to find a good shop. I figured I do a run with JB4 off (Stock), one in map one ( 4 psi over stock) and another in Map 2 (5 psi over stock). Not sure if I want to try maps 3,4,5 yet. At least not before I install ethanol sensor from Fuel-it and at least know what mixture.

Ouch, that’s a shame to hear regarding the install. I had my hopes up that most of the griping was just from AMG folks that never really messed with cars lol

oh well, all the more reason why a nicely done install video from BMS would be very helpful. Last I heard, they were working on that a few months ago!

AMGMessiah 06-27-2019 09:27 AM

The two map sensors 1 and 3 are the most difficult. A video showing that plastic shroud fully exposing Map sensor 1,3 and what to remove to get there would be very helpful. Otherwise the online install guide is quite good. I guess if I had removed additional sensors and fasteners, I would have freed up more clearance. I just did not know which ones and I did not want to risk damaging anything and pulling too hard or forcing it. I freaked out when I dropped the bolt and ripped out the lock tab on map sensor 1 and when my lower back started aching, it was time to hang it up..lol.

BMS 06-27-2019 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by C3504matic (Post 7789056)

Just doesn't seem like that many C63S owners are in to dyno testing their cars. We've sold plenty with positive feedback.

It's easy to turn the tuning on and off and feel the difference or measure it via a dragy or track if you're so inclined too. :)

AMGMessiah 06-27-2019 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by BMS (Post 7789493)
Just doesn't seem like that many C63S owners are in to dyno testing their cars. We've sold plenty with positive feedback.

It's easy to turn the tuning on and off and feel the difference or measure it via a dragy or track if you're so inclined too. :)

I can relate. My former 335i made 535 rwhp and 560 rwtq modded to the gills with JB4, E60, PI, Pure Stage 2 turbo and FBO. I did not not find out till over a year later that it made that much power. I just knew it was fast..lol. With my C63s, I feel the power is there and quite similar to my former car. I am doing the dyno mainly for service to board members more than anything..and a bit of curiosity on my end. I bet if folks here chipped in for a board member to go dyno their car, you would see a ton of dyno graphs..lol.

BMS 06-27-2019 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by answer223 (Post 7788988)

Peak numbers will be the same as we have dyno sheets on our website. Delta will be a bit lower because the C63s makes a bit more power than a standard C63.
Gains are noticeable and our 1/4 mile runs are showing a 10mph gain trap speed, so that should speak volumes.

-Payam

ezatnova 06-27-2019 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by BMS (Post 7789600)
Peak numbers will be the same as we have dyno sheets on our website. Delta will be a bit lower because the C63s makes a bit more power than a standard C63.
Gains are noticeable and our 1/4 mile runs are showing a 10mph gain trap speed, so that should speak volumes.

-Payam

Payam, have you guys moved toward officially recognizing Map 2 as being a safe choice for 93 octane C63S cars? I remember in the original thread, BMS mentioned that S models were only tested with Map 1 so that was basically it as far as the recommended map to run, but that was months ago. This could also all roll into the broader topic of the product officially coming off BETA, I suppose.

Other than that, are there any other goodies you can mention that you guys are working on or are testing, that can be integrated into future firmware? I suppose WMI counts as one, but things like exhaust valve control and other toys that the OBD2 and CANBUS connections let you play with?

BMS 06-27-2019 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by ezatnova (Post 7789633)
Payam, have you guys moved toward officially recognizing Map 2 as being a safe choice for 93 octane C63S cars? I remember in the original thread, BMS mentioned that S models were only tested with Map 1 so that was basically it as far as the recommended map to run, but that was months ago. This could also all roll into the broader topic of the product officially coming off BETA, I suppose.

Other than that, are there any other goodies you can mention that you guys are working on or are testing, that can be integrated into future firmware? I suppose WMI counts as one, but things like exhaust valve control and other toys that the OBD2 and CANBUS connections let you play with?

It's best to get a log so we can evaluate. It's hard to say because it can be different for you vs another customer who has hotter climate, in elevation, not true 93 octane etc etc.
From what we have seen map 2 is fine on 93 as well.

We're working on a few things actually. Terry would be able to tell you exactly what. I don't want to say anything I shouldn't especially prematurely. Don't want you guys to expect something, and we see that we're not able to do it in the end.
I'll tell you that the development will never stop and we're always looking for more innovative things to keep the platform moving forward.

-Payam

KingMonkeyJr 07-07-2019 11:40 PM

Is anyone looking for a Water Meth Kit. I am going in a different direction and have the kit minus the tank. Brand new in box and im willing to discount it for someone in need! PM me!!!

Vader-C63sE1 07-09-2019 02:10 AM

Scheduled for Dyno July 10th, too bad it’s so hot here but gotta do it! Here are my thoughts on the pulls, could use some input. What is the 1 to 1 gear ratio in these cars 3rd or 4th gear? What have others been using?

My suggested dyno pulls:

1. JB4 off, Full stock with paper filters in comfort mode
2. Stock with Race mode
3. Stock with High Flow air filters in Race Mode
4. JB M1 with Boost Reduction by gear off for all JB4 pulls
5. JB4 M2 - I’ll this be worth it on 91 oct fuel ?
6. JB4 M8 “valet mode”
7. JB4 M7 WMI with settings at 5psi over stock, 60 sig scale and 9psi min boost
8. Could or should I bump it to 6 psi over stock for MAP 7? Or lower the min psi to 7 or 8?

ezatnova 07-09-2019 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Vader-C63sE1 (Post 7798145)
Scheduled for Dyno July 10th, too bad it’s so hot here but gotta do it! Here are my thoughts on the pulls, could use some input. What is the 1 to 1 gear ratio in these cars 3rd or 4th gear? What have others been using?

My suggested dyno pulls:

2. Stock with Race mode
6. JB4 M8 “valet mode”
8. Could or should I bump it to 6 psi over stock for MAP 7? Or lower the min psi to 7 or 8?

This is great!

Couple general suggestions.

Make sure you get comfortable with how to put the car into dyno mode. Sounds simple but God forbid the shop doesn’t know how to do it, the car won’t be able to complete the tests if the traction/safety/ABS systems are going bonkers.
You must be in the Odometer home dashboard screen, not the AMG screen or any of the others before doing it.
Practice this a few times while at home so it isn’t something you’re figuring out while the shop’s clock is running! https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...tructions.html

You want 5th gear. That is 1:1 in our 7 speed.

You want the car is Manual trans setting otherwise it will kick down after you’re in 5th gear.

Let the shop know how many runs you plan on doing so they can schedule time accordingly. You’ll need a decent chunk of time for 8 runs with some changes in between.

The list looks great. #1-3 will be so nice to see, for everyone in the community.

Hopefully it’s worth doing #5 on 91 (map 2). Maybe BMS can confirm that you might just see limited additional power, and not that it’s dangerous to do?

Take lots of videos and pictures!

I may see about installing mine this weekend. I really wanted to wait and do the BMS intake at the same time but they are really delayed with no firm end in sight.

Vader-C63sE1 07-09-2019 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by ezatnova (Post 7798219)
This is great!

Couple general suggestions.

Make sure you get comfortable with how to put the car into dyno mode. Sounds simple but God forbid the shop doesn’t know how to do it, the car won’t be able to complete the tests if the traction/safety/ABS systems are going bonkers.
You must be in the Odometer home dashboard screen, not the AMG screen or any of the others before doing it.
Practice this a few times while at home so it isn’t something you’re figuring out while the shop’s clock is running! https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...tructions.html

You want 5th gear. That is 1:1 in our 7 speed.

You want the car is Manual trans setting otherwise it will kick down after you’re in 5th gear.

Let the shop know how many runs you plan on doing so they can schedule time accordingly. You’ll need a decent chunk of time for 8 runs with some changes in between.

The list looks great. #1-3 will be so nice to see, for everyone in the community.

Hopefully it’s worth doing #5 on 91 (map 2). Maybe BMS can confirm that you might just see limited additional power, and not that it’s dangerous to do?

Take lots of videos and pictures!

I may see about installing mine this weekend. I really wanted to wait and do the BMS intake at the same time but they are really delayed with no firm end in sight.

Thanks for help and advice, that is really awesome! Realized that I don’t need to worry about boost reduction by gear as I won’t be using 1,2nd gears for dyno pulls. I’ll do some practice today/tonight, i had some CEL’s this AM start up, but turned off the car, cleared them and they did not return. Seems like a very slight miss on one cyl perhaps, maybe I fouled a plug or something.

ezatnova 07-09-2019 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Vader-C63sE1 (Post 7798569)
Thanks for help and advice, that is really awesome! Realized that I don’t need to worry about boost reduction by gear as I won’t be using 1,2nd gears for dyno pulls. I’ll do some practice today/tonight, i had some CEL’s this AM start up, but turned off the car, cleared them and they did not return. Seems like a very slight miss on one cyl perhaps, maybe I fouled a plug or something.

Uh oh. Keep us posted! The thread on N54 is about a guy with misfiring and rough idle/missing. No reason for a tune on these cars to be trashing plugs. Do you know the CEL codes?

BMS 07-09-2019 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Vader-C63sE1 (Post 7798145)

My suggested dyno pulls:

2. Stock with Race mode
6. JB4 M8 “valet mode”

Hard to provide tuning advice without seeing the data. If things look good on map8 with a 60 additive the next stop would be a 70 additive. With WMI as BCM might also come in handy if not already equipped.

Vader-C63sE1 07-10-2019 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by BMS (Post 7798861)
Hard to provide tuning advice without seeing the data. If things look good on map8 with a 60 additive the next stop would be a 70 additive. With WMI as BCM might also come in handy if not already equipped.

My car sits for days at a time, so might have just been some Water/Meth vapors sitting in there and created a weird start up that messed with the computer.

The codes were:

E617
5CA3

We shall see if it starts that way today.

I do have the BCM module installed, but not really sure how I utilize it.

BMS 07-10-2019 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Vader-C63sE1 (Post 7799318)
My car sits for days at a time, so might have just been some Water/Meth vapors sitting in there and created a weird start up that messed with the computer.

The codes were:

E617
5CA3

We shall see if it starts that way today.

I do have the BCM module installed, but not really sure how I utilize it.

Post up the WMI JB4 logs and we can review the settings for you, if someone here hasn't already.

Vader-C63sE1 07-10-2019 06:01 PM

16 Attachment(s)
SuperFlow Dyno using Eddy-Current method, where the Dyno wheel is loaded so you get a more true street number. We strapped it down, measured the tire diameter and put in 4K lbs for the weight of the car. Then put car in "Roller Test" mode, and all pulls were made in 5th gear. Note it was about 105F outside but not sure exactly what it was inside the shop with coolers running and 3 fans in front of the car. Cooled the car down to 120 IAT's for all runs except the Valet Mode MAP8. Fuel was Shell 91Oct

Here is the HP/TQ for the runs:
Stock in C mode = 335/410 - seems low
Stock in Race = 330/436
High Flow Air Filters Race Mode = 335/364 - not sure how I lost TQ
Map1 Race Mode = 419/453
Map 8 Valet in Race Mode=285/391
Map 7 +5psi =436/? (getting the graph again since it did not print)
Map 7 +6si = 438/523

Logs attached and will scan in the Dyno graphs later

ezatnova 07-10-2019 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by Vader-C63sE1 (Post 7799842)
SuperFlow Dyno using Eddy-Current method, where the Dyno wheel is loaded so you get a more true street number. We strapped it down, measured the tire diameter and put in 4K lbs for the weight of the car. Then put car in "Roller Test" mode, and all pulls were made in 5th gear. Note it was about 105F outside but not sure exactly what it was inside the shop with coolers running and 3 fans in front of the car. Cooled the car down to 120 IAT's for all runs except the Valet Mode MAP8. Fuel was Shell 91Oct

Stock in Race = 330/436
Map1 Race Mode = 419/453
Map 7 +6si = 438/523

Thanks. It’s a shame that more often than not, something looks whacky at a dyno. You’re right that both stock having 335 hp is low and that the 364 tq with the air filters is really weird and highly suspect.

anything more on the codes/rough running today?

thanks again for doing the testing. Looks like you skipped doing map 2, correct?

BMS 07-10-2019 11:05 PM

Stock in Race = 330/436
Map1 Race Mode = 419/453
Map 7 +6si = 438/523

Delta sounds good for a load dyno. Remember numbers will vary dramatically based on the machine and operating parameters. Only the dynojet brand is relatively consistent. I see you emailed the logs in, we'll check those out tomorrow for you.

Vader-C63sE1 07-11-2019 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by BMS (Post 7800118)
Delta sounds good for a load dyno. Remember numbers will vary dramatically based on the machine and operating parameters. Only the dynojet brand is relatively consistent. I see you emailed the logs in, we'll check those out tomorrow for you.

Yeah looking at the Delta I think things lined up, my plan will be to find a shop with a Dyno jet in the fall when things cool off, I’ve only ever used DJ’s so this load dyno as a new game. On the street the thing is insane, I added 3 gal of E85 and topped off with 91 and holy s**t it’s spinning the 305’s even with the 1st and 2nd boost reduction 😎 but it’s totally controllable

AMGMessiah 07-19-2019 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Vader-C63sE1 (Post 7800176)
Yeah looking at the Delta I think things lined up, my plan will be to find a shop with a Dyno jet in the fall when things cool off, I’ve only ever used DJ’s so this load dyno as a new game. On the street the thing is insane, I added 3 gal of E85 and topped off with 91 and holy s**t it’s spinning the 305’s even with the 1st and 2nd boost reduction 😎 but it’s totally controllable

Are you using WMI with 3 gal of E85 on Map 7? What Map are you running? I got rear ended last Tuesday right after putting in E30 (4 Gal of E85 with 93 octane top off), so my car is unfortunately at the shop for another month. I had a difficult time finding a shop with a Dynojet in my area. Most use Mustang. I was planing on Dyno-ing. I want to invest in WMI, but I am not sure if I should take the leap yet. Did you observe any codes or issues with the WMI install? Thanks!

Vader-C63sE1 07-19-2019 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by AMGMessiah (Post 7807287)
Are you using WMI with 3 gal of E85 on Map 7? What Map are you running? I got rear ended last Tuesday right after putting in E30 (4 Gal of E85 with 93 octane top off), so my car is unfortunately at the shop for another month. I had a difficult time finding a shop with a Dynojet in my area. Most use Mustang. I was planing on Dyno-ing. I want to invest in WMI, but I am not sure if I should take the leap yet. Did you observe any codes or issues with the WMI install? Thanks!

I did try using E85 with all MAP's including 7, but my car did NOT like the E85 even at 3 Gallons with 91 top off. I was getting all kinds of misfire and vac leak codes and limp mode, so I ran that tank out on the freeway. Then I filled up with 100oct race fuel and most all my issues went away. Now I am about maxed out on the fuel trims on MAP6 /100oct so will probably stick with my WMI using 91oct fuel on MAP7 with Boost Add or 5 or 6 and try 7 at some point.

The Install of the WMI is time consuming but if you take your time it can be installed very stealth and even keep the OEM cabin air filter box.

I still have not found a shop that will allow me to "rent" their Dyno-Jet most won't allow that unless they are tuning you or doing other work.

Sorry to hear about your accident, that must be very frustrating! Let me know how you do on the E85, 4 gallons is kind of a lot, most go with 3 but my car did not care for it!

AMGMessiah 07-19-2019 02:46 PM

Thanks for the prompt feedback. Yeah, 4 gals of E85 is right at E35 topped off with 93 octane. I did not get a chance to fully test the car on the mixture. The additional 2 octane might make a difference on how the car responds. We'll see.

ezatnova 07-19-2019 03:28 PM

Anyone hear any updates on the intake>

BMS 07-19-2019 09:38 PM

Soon!! Production always takes a little longer than we'd like on these things. :)

gpdriver177 07-23-2019 04:38 PM

Why doesn't BMS or another tuner (besides Dinan) offer a warranty for an extra $1,500-2,000? I really want to get a JB4 for my girl friends M340 and my C63s when it gets here. But it's so hard to justify losing the warranty. I feel like it would be really profitable for a 3rd party company or tuner to offer this.

cij911 08-02-2019 09:04 AM

BMS - any plans to release the JB4 & BCM for the w212 e63 / e63s platform??? please

MuffinFlavored 07-30-2020 11:52 PM

Stock in Race = 330/436
Map1 Race Mode = 419/453
Map 7 +6si = 438/523

of these columns

afr
afr2
avg_ign
boost
boost2
calc_torque
clock
dme_bt
e85
ecu_psi
ff
fp_h
fp_l
fuelen
gear
iat
ign_1
ign_2
ign_3
ign_4
ign_5
ign_6
ign_7
ign_8
load
map
meth
mph
oilf
pedal
rpm
target
throttle
timestamp
transf
trims
trims2
waterf
wgdc
here are the ones that never change/don't work:

target
fuelen
wgdc

avg_ign
calc_torque
dme_bt
gear
ff
oilf
transf
ign1-6

have any updates been done to the m177 jb4 firmware to log any of these missing fields?

imedina86 08-01-2020 11:01 AM

Any more user feedback on experience with the jb4? Went on 54tech and noticed c63amg people having issues, moisture getting into jb4 casing... i have a jb4 on my pure stage 2 335, with mhd backend flash... i had some good and bad experience with the jb4 on the 335, jb4 case melted onto the board, the connections sometimes suck, even if you install everything properly things might not work properly and you have to sodder connection (power wire)... was hoping to hear more positive feedback from c63s people before I buy a jb4 but can't find much

MuffinFlavored 08-01-2020 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by imedina86 (Post 8122086)
Any more user feedback on experience with the jb4? Went on 54tech and noticed c63amg people having issues, moisture getting into jb4 casing... i have a jb4 on my pure stage 2 335, with mhd backend flash... i had some good and bad experience with the jb4 on the 335, jb4 case melted onto the board, the connections sometimes suck, even if you install everything properly and you have to sodder connection (power wire)... was hoping to hear more positive feedback from c63s people but can't find much

lol
they told me my jb4 got moisture in the case when my f10 m5 engine grenaded itself

would you trust people who can’t make a watertight air case for $2 to work the complex electronics of spoofing signals to german engine components?

imedina86 08-01-2020 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by imedina86 (Post 8122086)
Any more user feedback on experience with the jb4? Went on 54tech and noticed c63amg people having issues, moisture getting into jb4 casing... i have a jb4 on my pure stage 2 335, with mhd backend flash... i had some good and bad experience with the jb4 on the 335, jb4 case melted onto the board, the connections sometimes suck, even if you install everything properly things might not work properly and you have to sodder connection (power wire)... was hoping to hear more positive feedback from c63s people before I buy a jb4 but can't find much

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 8122087)
lol
they told me my jb4 got moisture in the case when my f10 m5 engine grenaded itself

would you trust people who can’t make a watertight air case for $2 to work the complex electronics of spoofing signals to german engine components?

years back I was about to buy a jb4 for my e70 x5m then people were having issues with it so i waited for issues to be worked out before I purchased one BUT they decided to just stop selling it to e70 x5m's... instead of fixing the issues they just stop selling it ... i guess I should spend more and get a dme tune

MuffinFlavored 08-01-2020 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by imedina86 (Post 8122094)
years back I was about to buy a jb4 for my e70 x5m then people were having issues with it so i waited for issues to be worked out before I purchased one BUT they decided to just stop selling it to e70 x5m's... instead of fixing the issues they just decided to stop selling it ... i guess I should spend more and get a dme tune

mo at dme tuning is world class, he’s the real deal. well respected in the community

i am researching jb4 because the logging portion of it is interesting to me as a programmer

i wouldn’t put a jb4 on my car if you paid me $20,000
works for some people but, not worth it to me

AlexZTuned 08-01-2020 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 8122098)
mo at dme tuning is world class, he’s the real deal. well respected in the community

i am researching jb4 because the logging portion of it is interesting to me as a programmer

i wouldn’t put a jb4 on my car if you paid me $20,000
works for some people but, not worth it to me

If you want to log, I would recommend purchasing the HPTuners MPVI2 ($300): https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi2/#custom_form_mpvi2

It’s compatible with our vehicles and you can use HP tuners free logging software along with the OBD dongle. Much better than JB4 where you’re dumping out a CSV and you have to visualize the data yourself or upload it to get a graph with the PID’s. Much more user friendly and they have great logging software.

It’s a lot cheaper than JB4 for logging and HP Tuners is not only well respected with a great reputation, they’ve been around for ages (since the early 2000’s).

MuffinFlavored 08-01-2020 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by AlexZTuned (Post 8122111)
If you want to log, I would recommend purchasing the HPTuners MPVI2 ($300): https://www.hptuners.com/mpvi2/#custom_form_mpvi2

It’s compatible with our vehicles and you can use HP tuners free logging software along with the OBD dongle. Much better than JB4 where you’re dumping out a CSV and you have to visualize the data yourself or upload it to get a graph with the PID’s. Much more user friendly and they have great logging software.

It’s a lot cheaper than JB4 for logging and HP Tuners is not only well respected with a great reputation, they’ve been around for ages (since the early 2000’s).

are you sure it works with m177/m178 engines? i looked and saw it was not officially supported by hptuners

AlexZTuned 08-01-2020 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 8122119)
are you sure it works with m177/m178 engines? i looked and saw it was not officially supported by hptuners

Yes, positive. You can reach out to them directly to confirm, but there are already a handful of people that are using this to log their W205.

MuffinFlavored 08-01-2020 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by AlexZTuned (Post 8122129)
Yes, positive. You can reach out to them directly to confirm, but there are already a handful of people that are using this to log their W205.

awesome man, thanks. do you know if it works out of the box with w205 or is some kind of special file/mappack needed to make it work?

BMS 08-02-2020 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by AlexZTuned (Post 8122111)

HP Tuners is great but to clear up some misinformation the JB4 app pops out instant charts or open logs in the free JB4 windows software for quick and easy visualization.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...7315fb5df7.jpg

AMGMessiah 08-02-2020 01:51 PM

Dyno Results!

I finally dyno-ed my car last Friday. Ambient temps were in the high 90s. Runs were in 4th gear. Figured it's high time some data for C63s owners is put out there. Bear in mind that the runs were done on the (heartbreak) Mustang Dyno.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...61a90148e2.png
Map5 - 7psi peak request over stock, less taper to redline - E30
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...7272b1588b.png
Map0- Stock operation, JB4 disabled - 93 octane
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...92cfa55859.png
Map 3 6psi peak over stock, less taper to redline - 93 octane

Mods: JB4, Pedal Tuner, secondary CAT delete.
First run - Map0, 93 octane
Second run - Map3 93 octane
Third run - Map5 E30 (left and went to put Ethanol in tank and came back to the same shop within 20 minutes of first two runs)

tobeit 08-02-2020 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by AMGMessiah (Post 8122815)
I finally dyno-ed my car last Friday. Ambient temps were in the high 90s. Runs were in 4th gear. Figured it's high time some data for C63s owners is put out there. Bear in mind that the runs were done on the (heartbreak) Mustang Dyno.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...61a90148e2.png
Map5 - 7psi peak request over stock, less taper to redline - E30
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...7272b1588b.png
Map0- Stock operation, JB4 disabled - 93 octane
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...92cfa55859.png
Map 3 6psi peak over stock, less taper to redline - 93 octane

Mods: JB4, Pedal Tuner, secondary CAT delete.
First run - Map0, 93 octane
Second run - Map3 93 octane
Third run - Map5 E30 (left and went to put Ethanol in tank and came back to the same shop within 20 minutes of first two runs)

Do I see that correct, you gain about 50-60 whp?

AMGMessiah 08-02-2020 02:15 PM

65 rwhp and 105 rwtq gain from stock (secondary cat delete) to JB4 E30. Not too shabby for a piggy-back.

MuffinFlavored 08-02-2020 02:15 PM

how reliable is your map 3 6psi over stock 93 octane map? no misfires?

MuffinFlavored 08-02-2020 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by AMGMessiah (Post 8122846)
65 rwhp and 105 rwtq gain from stock (secondary cat delete) to JB4 E30. Not too shabby for a piggy-back.

a stage 1 or stage 2 med1775 ecu flash from a reliable tuner like dme tuning would net you considerably more power, no?

AMGMessiah 08-02-2020 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 8122847)
how reliable is your map 3 6psi over stock 93 octane map? no misfires?

I highly advise using the BMS recommended fuel for Map3. I just used Map3 for dyno purposes to see what it is putting out. I run map 3 with 93 octane only from time to time, but not regularly.

MuffinFlavored 08-02-2020 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by AMGMessiah (Post 8122854)
I highly advise using the BMS recommended fuel for Map3. I just used Map3 for dyno purposes to see what it is putting out. I run map 3 with 93 octane only from time to time, but not regularly.

meaning 6psi over stock is too much on just 93 octane to run reliably, right?

AMGMessiah 08-02-2020 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 8122851)
a stage 1 or stage 2 med1775 ecu flash from a reliable tuner like dme tuning would net you considerably more power, no?

Possibly. I have no idea. I am considering hybrid turbos. That was one of the reasons I dynoed my car to get a baseline as wells as see what the JB4 is putting down.

AMGMessiah 08-02-2020 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 8122855)
meaning 6psi over stock is too much on just 93 octane to run reliably, right?

I am inclined to agree. You'll likely run into issues.

BMS 08-03-2020 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by AMGMessiah (Post 8122846)

Not too bad, with colder weather would have even more gains I'm sure.

BMS 08-03-2020 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by MuffinFlavored (Post 8122851)

The power gains seem to be very similar between JB4 and flash tuning. The flash maps do have a small advantage in terms of what can be changed but with the JB4 the user can also make on the fly performant changes using the app, like when they want to add mix in E85 for some fun. And of course with flash tuning once flashed can never be fully removed so there is always a record left behind.

MuffinFlavored 08-03-2020 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by BMS (Post 8123614)
The power gains seem to be very similar between JB4 and flash tuning. The flash maps do have a small advantage in terms of what can be changed but with the JB4 the user can also make on the fly performant changes using the app, like when they want to add mix in E85 for some fun. And of course with flash tuning once flashed can never be fully removed so there is always a record left behind.

you’re telling all of the benefits of the jb4 to somebody who had an $80,000 warranty bill because it grenaded my s63tu engine lol

tobeit 08-03-2020 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by BMS (Post 8123614)

I tend to agree with you but still opted for the flash tune because of the reason you listed.. + just too much pain for me to remove piggy backs on our cars when going in for service and the on-the-fly tuning is great but I feel is something more for the pro's who know what they are doing when changing settings. I am kind of set and forget type of guy. The warranty issue is real...but at least its not as easy to detect as its used to be. I go into service this week and have it flashed back...also, people who tune probably have other performance mods the dealer could use to reject the warranty if it comes to that (independent if it caused the issue or not like DP's, intakes, BOV adapters....). I guess I am thinking simple - if I start doing any performance mods I need to accept the risk my warranty is void.

PS: But yeah, for the average user/driver the performance gains are very comparable between a good piggy back and a good tune.

ezatnova 08-04-2020 12:47 PM

Thank you for posting the dyno figures. Good data!

AMGMessiah 08-04-2020 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by ezatnova (Post 8124574)
Thank you for posting the dyno figures. Good data!

You're welcome. I did it for you :-0). Better late than never..right?

AMGMessiah 08-04-2020 03:23 PM

AMGMessiah 08-04-2020 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by tobeit (Post 8123637)
I tend to agree with you but still opted for the flash tune because of the reason you listed.. + just too much pain for me to remove piggy backs on our cars when going in for service and the on-the-fly tuning is great but I feel is something more for the pro's who know what they are doing when changing settings. I am kind of set and forget type of guy. The warranty issue is real...but at least its not as easy to detect as its used to be. I go into service this week and have it flashed back...also, people who tune probably have other performance mods the dealer could use to reject the warranty if it comes to that (independent if it caused the issue or not like DP's, intakes, BOV adapters....). I guess I am thinking simple - if I start doing any performance mods I need to accept the risk my warranty is void.

PS: But yeah, for the average user/driver the performance gains are very comparable between a good piggy back and a good tune.

My car is still under warranty for another year or so and I take my car into the dealership for service and two warranty work so far (one for the aux fan on high all the time and the other for my AC switch stopped working) both covered under warranty with my JB4 strapped on, but unplugged from the ODBII port, no questions asked. Several recalls have been performed on the car with dealer re-flash as well under warranty. It all depends on your SA and dealer. When I had my N55 BMW with Pure Stage 2 turbos and full bolt on + JB4, I still took my car to dealer for warranty work. I had a cool SA though. He says just let me know if you have a tune so I tell tech's not to flash your car when you bring it in for service. If you flash your car back to stock before a dealer visit for warranty work, Mercedes can tell if your ECU has been tampered with "if" they go looking, period! I confirmed this with the service manager at my dealer last week after sharing with him my plans for my car.

tobeit 08-04-2020 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by AMGMessiah (Post 8124766)
My car is still under warranty for another year or so and I take my car into the dealership for service and two warranty work so far (one for the aux fan on high all the time and the other for my AC switch stopped working) both covered under warranty with my JB4 strapped on, but unplugged from the ODBII port, no questions asked. Several recalls have been performed on the car with dealer re-flash as well under warranty. It all depends on your SA and dealer. When I had my N55 BMW with Pure Stage 2 turbos and full bolt on + JB4, I still took my car to dealer for warranty work. I had a cool SA though. He says just let me know if you have a tune so I tell tech's not to flash your car when you bring it in for service. If you flash your car back to stock before a dealer visit for warranty work, Mercedes can tell if your ECU has been tampered with "if" they go looking, period! I confirmed this with the service manager at my dealer last week after sharing with him my plans for my car.

I think we are in agreement - for the most part the SA will look the other way and service the car under warranty...until its a large bill and related to engine failure, which requires corporate review and approval...then they may dig deeper and reject you. As I said, anything can get detected after all...

AMGMessiah 08-04-2020 03:38 PM

I agree. It was hot as hell and the shop had no fan blowing at the intake snorkels just one giant fan blowing cool air to the engine bay. Curios as to what it will display on a dynojet so at least it would be the same measuring tool used by others.

sno 02-24-2022 04:15 PM

sub'ed

sno 03-13-2022 10:57 AM

so I got my JB4 a couple of weeks back and was waiting for the BMS intake to come in (perpetual back order LOL) so I could do it all in one shot. I do seem to have a couple of challenges after the install

1- when I connect the JB to the ODBI port and start the car I get a message that says "Mercedes Me has limited operations" I remove it and I dont get the message
2- I opted for the Bluetooth option and after purchasing the app (funny thing this is not my first JB but it is my first BT) it installed and when I try to create a log in account nothing happens... registering flashes real fast and nothing.

Anybody have any ideas?

sno 03-16-2022 05:48 AM

well I figured out the issue with the app with no help from BMS

They also have a firmware update that is suppose to fix the Mercedes Me Limited Service message which I applied but it did not work. Trying to get support from BMS is like pulling teeth.

I also received their intake and I guess I should not have been surprised but it was missing the standoff and the two blots for the heat shield. Contacted them and once again lack luster support... I had to make my own stand off and source some spare bolts...

notabenex 03-16-2022 06:09 AM

JB4 is SH:IT.. I removed it, costed me lots of money, and I am happily enjoying proper tune for 50 000kms!! No single CEL no problem.