C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Selenite Gray Magno vs Diamond white

Old 05-07-2019, 02:30 AM

Received 25 Likes on 21 Posts
2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography; 2019 AMG E63S; 2021 Range Rover HSE Westminister
Selenite Gray Magno vs Diamond white

Which designo color is better on the C63S Coupe?

I am torn between the two!

Last edited by VaserC63S; 05-07-2019 at 11:06 AM.
Old 05-07-2019, 03:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
I have the white. If you want a manly looking car, go with gray.
Old 05-07-2019, 08:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 864 Likes on 450 Posts
2020 Huracan EVO AWD - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe - 2023 C63 S Coupe -
Yin sez Selenite Gray Magno and Yang disagrees and sez Diamond White.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:28 AM

Received 60 Likes on 44 Posts
2020 AMG C63 Coupe, 2012 C63 AMG Coupe, 1989 560SL
Both are really nice but very different colors, will have a big effect on the presence and feel of the car. Im seeing far more gray magno cars on lots and in delivery threads. Diamond white is a really nice and classy color IMO and seems like there will be far fewer of them out in the wild.
Old 05-07-2019, 11:31 AM

Received 197 Likes on 163 Posts
2016 S550C4, 2005 SL500
Selenite Grey

My S550 Coupe is Selenite Grey and it looks great IMO. The downside is that it needs to be washed more frequently than the white.
Old 05-08-2019, 10:27 PM
AV1
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts
C204 C250-CDI
Originally Posted by VaserC63S
Which designo color is better on the C63S Coupe?

I am torn between the two!
2 so completely different colours, especially considering the magno choice is matte and DW gloss.

Personally my 2 favourite colours - DW and Selenite (gloss finish) in that 1/2 order.

With the magno you really have to decide if your a fan and want the matte finish or not, if so and you really like the DW why not go for the matte Cashmere white.
Old 05-09-2019, 01:32 AM

2015 Range Rover Sport Autobiography; 2019 AMG E63S; 2021 Range Rover HSE Westminister
I like both very much. My current C63S sedan is DW, I want the face lifted coupe next. I have had space gray in the past too. Matte would be a first.
Old 05-09-2019, 02:52 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
C63S AMG
Originally Posted by Arjy
Both are really nice but very different colors, will have a big effect on the presence and feel of the car. Im seeing far more gray magno cars on lots and in delivery threads. Diamond white is a really nice and classy color IMO and seems like there will be far fewer of them out in the wild.
I agree.

The magno i think is a better colour for the car, however the white i feel is less common and gives a different presence to the car hence i went for the DW and do not regret it. Parked up it gets a lot of attention, especially with the forged wheels which go better with the white.

The following 2 users liked this post by DR63AMG:
Arjy (05-10-2019), jeremyf0923 (05-12-2019)
Old 05-26-2019, 12:24 AM

Thanks to everyone who opined! The ending to this story has a twist. I went to order today not sure which way I was going to go, but it appears to get completely loaded in one of these colors only option is 2020 and that means months of waiting at this point. Also I had been eyeing a refreshed E63S at some future point and it appears 2020 is confirmed as no change. Worse the HUD is still restricted on the 2020 E63S meaning likely no HUD just like all the other 2019s I have seen with no HUD. So waiting suddenly lost its appeal, as did getting into another C63S. There was a showroom beauty queen a wall flower of sorts that been seating there since March. Well it had everything I desire and a couple I dont care about since every single option is ticked. Its Designo diamond white with night package and being interior and carbon fibre. Its just drop dead gorgeous. I tried every my soul said yes yes, my brain said dumb dumb, or something to that effect. The Impulse one in me won out so I took home the E63S tonight. Tomorrow I get to explore the beast and see exactly what I got. Yeah it simply is that weird. I know whatever I got is awesome, but now I pour over the details. I resisted taking this car all I could and in the end its the only one that spoke to me so be it.
Old 05-27-2019, 05:29 PM

Received 130 Likes on 116 Posts
2019C63S coupe
Originally Posted by VaserC63S
Thanks to everyone who opined! The ending to this story has a twist. I went to order today not sure which way I was going to go, but it appears to get completely loaded in one of these colors only option is 2020 and that means months of waiting at this point. Also I had been eyeing a refreshed E63S at some future point and it appears 2020 is confirmed as no change. Worse the HUD is still restricted on the 2020 E63S meaning likely no HUD just like all the other 2019s I have seen with no HUD. So waiting suddenly lost its appeal, as did getting into another C63S. There was a showroom beauty queen a wall flower of sorts that been seating there since March. Well it had everything I desire and a couple I dont care about since every single option is ticked. Its Designo diamond white with night package and being interior and carbon fibre. Its just drop dead gorgeous. I tried every my soul said yes yes, my brain said dumb dumb, or something to that effect. The Impulse one in me won out so I took home the E63S tonight. Tomorrow I get to explore the beast and see exactly what I got. Yeah it simply is that weird. I know whatever I got is awesome, but now I pour over the details. I resisted taking this car all I could and in the end its the only one that spoke to me so be it.
Perfectly all right, you've got to follow your heart. Enjoy, and keep us posted.
Old 05-29-2019, 12:18 AM

One observation coming from the C63S I feel this one big *** car! It’s heavy too. Feels as heavy as my Range Rover though I know the Rover is actually way heavier. If you drive it in comfort it feels completely like the Luxo-badge it actually is. Can’t hide all that weight. Now put it in dynamic or race mode or tighten the suspension it literally feels like a shrunken C63S except you can’t help but notice all the expanse of space inside. This from a guy used to a Range Rover and C63S. If the C63S had the power and and system this thing has it’d be killer! It would be a way better package. When people talk about weight mattering this is where you actually notice how it works against you.

The car car has Gobs of power. It’s thrilling and siege hammer is a good description. Flatten you out sledge hammer. Or angry eat you beast. It’s fast. Really fast. It doesn’t leave you wondering where the horses went when you get on it like the C sometimes makes you wonder and I believe the key here is the brilliant AWD that helps the power go on the road. It just bites and goes like hell. But you do actually feel that front axle. It’s weird. If you are really into cars even if it was in drift mode you can tell there is weight on the front wheels. You feel it in the Range Rover too. It’s weird but you can tell it’s there. When you steer or go over bumps there is that extra heft you can feel at the front. The interior is just gorgeous and the carbon fiber is so so nice!

Got out one with standard seats as wife complained a lot about the harshness in the C63S performance seats. I still only have 20 miles so more to come. But it’s comfortable car. I don’t get all the complaints about it being hash riding. Maybe the 2018 was I don’t know. Honestly it’s soft in comfort. Soft that I wouldn’t want any softer. It’s no C63S. The C63S has that sort of skateboard raw feel to it that’s completely absent here. If they’d made the suspension in the C63S more compliant, then all it’d need is AWD and maybe not even the extra power to be a preferable drivers car. But man that power and sound ��

parking going around things is nowhere near the C. It’s not as tossable and the steering is not really comparable to the C63S. The C63S wins the steering feel hands down. And the tires on this thing are like rolling drums. ��. Actually you do notice they are rather big. Pictures and more comparisons later. I now understand why AMG will be inevitably all AWD cars. The turning radius on the car feels sloppy compared to the C63S. But the car is no doubt an upgrade in every sense. My 13 month old son has a **** eating grin from the crackles and pops. He gets excited. I was surprised hes only barely over year old and already loving the car. He generally likes cars except going into baby seat is a war because he wants to go upfront with us.
The following users liked this post:
Uga Uga (05-29-2019)