C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C63 S . Need tune /modification help !!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 11:33 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by Klinh
Understood and great job resolved all the issues. My other concerned that I forgot to mention was, the lack of known shops that done the installation in your area. I sent email twice asking for a recommendation shop in your area that installed JB4 on C63s. Both emails replied, the instructions is on the website, any shop can install it. I believed that any shop can do the installation but I personally want a shop that done it before to do mine car. I would definitely buy the JB4, if you refer a shop to me that done the installation before. This start to sound like I’m bashing you but it not. Take it as a feedback, make change and your business will be better.
I appreciate the feedback, I don't take it as bashing at all. As you know, most of our JB4 systems are illegal in CA.
That's the main reason why we don't know of any local shops.There are lots of reputable shops though, something like this would be simple for them.
Old 05-14-2019, 09:07 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 581 Likes on 334 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
Originally Posted by DRGG
I've been reading comments about the Dinan piggyback for some time now, and I haven't seen anybody who has said it "sucks."
You should go for a ride in a ECU tuned car, vs a piggyback car and see for yourself. Don't listen to me or any of the vendors.

Also a piggyback for $2300 is a joke. *Dinan*
Old 05-14-2019, 09:26 AM

Received 27 Likes on 20 Posts
2021 GLE 53 Iridium Silver
Originally Posted by raudiace4
You should go for a ride in a ECU tuned car, vs a piggyback car and see for yourself. Don't listen to me or any of the vendors.

For me, I don't really care if it is a piggyback or an ECU Tune, the results is all that matters to me and I definitely see the results with my Dinan. I'm not sure why it would matter how I get there...
Old 05-14-2019, 01:13 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
You should go for a ride in a ECU tuned car, vs a piggyback car *
It not much faster and it got down pipes. So if you take the down pipe mods out, it could an even race.

Here’s a video ...

Last edited by Klinh; 05-14-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-14-2019, 02:38 PM
BMS
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 152 Likes on 109 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan

You should try that as well but with our JB4 system
Old 05-14-2019, 04:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 149 Likes on 123 Posts
C63s Cabriolet, BMW M4, Civic
You should go for a ride in a ECU tuned car, vs a piggyback car and see for yourself *
Based on a stock car, piggyback and ECU tuned both claim gain are pretty much even from all vendors.
Old 05-14-2019, 04:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
C63S AMG Coupe
Based on a stock car, piggyback and ECU tuned both claim gain are pretty much even from all vendors.
Indeed that's pretty much what I have concluded but why isn't there more discussion about the gorilla in the living room, i.e. the warranty issue? I would gladly pay $5000 for a piggyback if I knew that the company stood behind any and all warranty issues with the engine and drive train. But maybe it's a non-issue because most people who purchase these cars probably don't need to worry about dropping $75K for an engine (even though they complain about the cost of the tune).
Old 05-15-2019, 12:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 581 Likes on 334 Posts
19 E63s, 23 M3 compX, B9 SQ5
It's more so how the power is delivered and lag free. The performance numbers are close, but the real world feeling between the two is easy to see once you drive the two back to back.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 178 Likes on 143 Posts
Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
That's probably true, but to me, ECU tune is a lot easier to install/uninstall than a piggyback...

Indeed that's pretty much what I have concluded but why isn't there more discussion about the gorilla in the living room, i.e. the warranty issue? I would gladly pay $5000 for a piggyback if I knew that the company stood behind any and all warranty issues with the engine and drive train. But maybe it's a non-issue because most people who purchase these cars probably don't need to worry about dropping $75K for an engine (even though they complain about the cost of the tune).
I doubt a good stage 1 tune is going to do anything to the car... even stage 2 on these cars isn't much more power than the stage 1, so I doubt you'll even have any issues with the stage 2 cars... it's when you start upgrading turbos that I think you'll start breaking stuff =D
Old 05-15-2019, 12:54 PM

C63S AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by skim7x
I doubt a good stage 1 tune is going to do anything to the car... even stage 2 on these cars isn't much more power than the stage 1, so I doubt you'll even have any issues with the stage 2 cars... it's when you start upgrading turbos that I think you'll start breaking stuff =D
Yes, but it's still a bit of a gamble and even if nothing "breaks" immediately, there is the issue of longevity and parts failing before their normally rated life. The other thing is we don't really know what's inside of any tuning program. Just a wink and and a nod: "Trust me," is what we get. I remember chipping my first Audi. It would keep throwing fault codes involving a temperature sensor. Although I cannot prove this was induced by the extra boost, I suspect it was.
Old 05-15-2019, 12:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Yes, but it's still a bit of a gamble and even if nothing "breaks" immediately, there is the issue of longevity and parts failing before their normally rated life. The other thing is we don't really know what's inside of any tuning program. Just a wink and and a nod: "Trust me," is what we get. I remember chipping my first Audi. It would keep throwing fault codes involving a temperature sensor. Although I cannot prove this was induced by the extra boost, I suspect it was.
If longevity is what you are concerned about then you shouldn't get a tune at all... But a stage 1 or 2 tune isn't going to break the car within warranty, so I wouldn't be worried about warranty issues...
Old 05-15-2019, 12:57 PM

C63S AMG Coupe
It's more so how the power is delivered and lag free. The performance numbers are close, but the real world feeling between the two is easy to see once you drive the two back to back.
Maybe you've stated this elsewhere, but have you actually tried the Dinan piggyback? I see there are other piggyback options out there. Also, it is highly unlikely that I am going to go through the trouble of demo-ing different tunes.
Old 05-15-2019, 01:14 PM

C63S AMG Coupe
If longevity is what you are concerned about then you shouldn't get a tune at all... But a stage 1 or 2 tune isn't going to break the car within warranty, so I wouldn't be worried about warranty issues...
Well, let's avoid semantic games. It's all about the warranty. MB is betting against you which is why they void the warranty and flag the tuned cars. My gut feel is that you are correct, but numbers would certainly be helpful.
Old 05-15-2019, 02:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes-Benz E63s AMG
Well, all I'm trying to say is that I'd bet you that you won't have any issues with damages from a Stage 1 or Stage 2 tune as long as it's a tune from a respected company / tuner and the install was done properly. I personally don't think it's worth extra money for the tuner to warranty the engine / drivetrain because I'm playing the odds... but that's not to say everyone is like me, which is what keeps Dinan in business... they know that their tune isn't going to cause any problems, but can warranty the engine / drivetrain and make some extra money off people. In exchange, you get peace of mind.

And just to give you more options... Dinan provides a warranty, but so does Eurocharged, if you're looking for an ECU tune that is warranty-backed...

But just to address the longevity issue... even Dinan's "warranty" is only to match the manufacturer's warranty... so they won't cover anything related to "longevity"... which is why I say if you're going for longevity, warranty or no warranty shouldn't matter AT ALL.

Last edited by skim7x; 05-15-2019 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 03:23 PM

C63S AMG Coupe
Well, all I'm trying to say is that I'd bet you that you won't have any issues with damages from a Stage 1 or Stage 2 tune as long as it's a tune from a respected company / tuner and the install was done properly. I personally don't think it's worth extra money for the tuner to warranty the engine / drivetrain because I'm playing the odds... but that's not to say everyone is like me, which is what keeps Dinan in business... they know that their tune isn't going to cause any problems, but can warranty the engine / drivetrain and make some extra money off people. In exchange, you get peace of mind.

And just to give you more options... Dinan provides a warranty, but so does Eurocharged, if you're looking for an ECU tune that is warranty-backed...

But just to address the longevity issue... even Dinan's "warranty" is only to match the manufacturer's warranty... so they won't cover anything related to "longevity"... which is why I say if you're going for longevity, warranty or no warranty shouldn't matter AT ALL.
If I was interested in longevity I agree that I would not purchase an after-market tune. But mostly I am concerned about who pays for what if there is a catastrophic failure. I am more likely to be drawn to a company who has "longevity" and a solid reputation backed by a warranty. If I was a different sort of person I wouldn't be driving a MB.