Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C43 AMG, C63 AMG, C63S AMG (W205) > C63/C63S AMG
New C63 S . Need tune /modification help !!! >

New C63 S . Need tune /modification help !!!

Notices
C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New C63 S . Need tune /modification help !!!

 
Old 05-13-2019, 11:33 PM
  #26  
BMS
SPONSOR
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Simi Valley, California
Posts: 344
Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by Klinh View Post
Understood and great job resolved all the issues. My other concerned that I forgot to mention was, the lack of known shops that done the installation in your area. I sent email twice asking for a recommendation shop in your area that installed JB4 on C63s. Both emails replied, the instructions is on the website, any shop can install it. I believed that any shop can do the installation but I personally want a shop that done it before to do mine car. I would definitely buy the JB4, if you refer a shop to me that done the installation before. This start to sound like Iím bashing you but it not. Take it as a feedback, make change and your business will be better.
I appreciate the feedback, I don't take it as bashing at all. As you know, most of our JB4 systems are illegal in CA.
That's the main reason why we don't know of any local shops.There are lots of reputable shops though, something like this would be simple for them.
BMS is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 09:07 AM
  #27  
Super Member
 
raudiace4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 640
Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
2017 C63S coupe
Originally Posted by DRGG View Post
I've been reading comments about the Dinan piggyback for some time now, and I haven't seen anybody who has said it "sucks."
You should go for a ride in a ECU tuned car, vs a piggyback car and see for yourself. Don't listen to me or any of the vendors.

Also a piggyback for $2300 is a joke. *Dinan*
raudiace4 is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 09:26 AM
  #28  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 38
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2018 Iridium Silver C63 S Cabriolet, 2018 GLC43
Originally Posted by raudiace4 View Post
You should go for a ride in a ECU tuned car, vs a piggyback car and see for yourself. Don't listen to me or any of the vendors.

Also a piggyback for $2300 is a joke. *Dinan*
For me, I don't really care if it is a piggyback or an ECU Tune, the results is all that matters to me and I definitely see the results with my Dinan. I'm not sure why it would matter how I get there...
Swordfish99 is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 01:13 PM
  #29  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Klinh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,857
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Slk55, Clk500 Cab., C350, Civic
Originally Posted by raudiace4 View Post
You should go for a ride in a ECU tuned car, vs a piggyback car *
It not much faster and it got down pipes. So if you take the down pipe mods out, it could an even race.

Hereís a video ...

Last edited by Klinh; 05-14-2019 at 03:55 PM.
Klinh is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 02:38 PM
  #30  
BMS
SPONSOR
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Simi Valley, California
Posts: 344
Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts
2018 C63 Sedan
Originally Posted by raudiace4 View Post
You should go for a ride in a ECU tuned car, vs a piggyback car and see for yourself. Don't listen to me or any of the vendors.

Also a piggyback for $2300 is a joke. *Dinan*
You should try that as well but with our JB4 system
BMS is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 04:00 PM
  #31  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Klinh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,857
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Slk55, Clk500 Cab., C350, Civic
Originally Posted by raudiace4 View Post
You should go for a ride in a ECU tuned car, vs a piggyback car and see for yourself *
Based on a stock car, piggyback and ECU tuned both claim gain are pretty much even from all vendors.
Klinh is offline  
Old 05-14-2019, 04:29 PM
  #32  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 112
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63S AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by Klinh View Post
Based on a stock car, piggyback and ECU tuned both claim gain are pretty much even from all vendors.
Indeed that's pretty much what I have concluded but why isn't there more discussion about the gorilla in the living room, i.e. the warranty issue? I would gladly pay $5000 for a piggyback if I knew that the company stood behind any and all warranty issues with the engine and drive train. But maybe it's a non-issue because most people who purchase these cars probably don't need to worry about dropping $75K for an engine (even though they complain about the cost of the tune).
DRGG is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 12:04 PM
  #33  
Super Member
 
raudiace4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 640
Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts
2017 C63S coupe
It's more so how the power is delivered and lag free. The performance numbers are close, but the real world feeling between the two is easy to see once you drive the two back to back.
raudiace4 is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 12:11 PM
  #34  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 752
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Mercedes-Benz c63 AMG
Originally Posted by Klinh View Post
Based on a stock car, piggyback and ECU tuned both claim gain are pretty much even from all vendors.
That's probably true, but to me, ECU tune is a lot easier to install/uninstall than a piggyback...

Originally Posted by DRGG View Post
Indeed that's pretty much what I have concluded but why isn't there more discussion about the gorilla in the living room, i.e. the warranty issue? I would gladly pay $5000 for a piggyback if I knew that the company stood behind any and all warranty issues with the engine and drive train. But maybe it's a non-issue because most people who purchase these cars probably don't need to worry about dropping $75K for an engine (even though they complain about the cost of the tune).
I doubt a good stage 1 tune is going to do anything to the car... even stage 2 on these cars isn't much more power than the stage 1, so I doubt you'll even have any issues with the stage 2 cars... it's when you start upgrading turbos that I think you'll start breaking stuff =D
skim7x is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 12:54 PM
  #35  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 112
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63S AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
I doubt a good stage 1 tune is going to do anything to the car... even stage 2 on these cars isn't much more power than the stage 1, so I doubt you'll even have any issues with the stage 2 cars... it's when you start upgrading turbos that I think you'll start breaking stuff =D
Yes, but it's still a bit of a gamble and even if nothing "breaks" immediately, there is the issue of longevity and parts failing before their normally rated life. The other thing is we don't really know what's inside of any tuning program. Just a wink and and a nod: "Trust me," is what we get. I remember chipping my first Audi. It would keep throwing fault codes involving a temperature sensor. Although I cannot prove this was induced by the extra boost, I suspect it was.
DRGG is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 12:56 PM
  #36  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 752
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Mercedes-Benz c63 AMG
Originally Posted by DRGG View Post
Yes, but it's still a bit of a gamble and even if nothing "breaks" immediately, there is the issue of longevity and parts failing before their normally rated life. The other thing is we don't really know what's inside of any tuning program. Just a wink and and a nod: "Trust me," is what we get. I remember chipping my first Audi. It would keep throwing fault codes involving a temperature sensor. Although I cannot prove this was induced by the extra boost, I suspect it was.
If longevity is what you are concerned about then you shouldn't get a tune at all... But a stage 1 or 2 tune isn't going to break the car within warranty, so I wouldn't be worried about warranty issues...
skim7x is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 12:57 PM
  #37  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 112
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63S AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by raudiace4 View Post
It's more so how the power is delivered and lag free. The performance numbers are close, but the real world feeling between the two is easy to see once you drive the two back to back.
Maybe you've stated this elsewhere, but have you actually tried the Dinan piggyback? I see there are other piggyback options out there. Also, it is highly unlikely that I am going to go through the trouble of demo-ing different tunes.
DRGG is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 01:14 PM
  #38  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 112
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63S AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
If longevity is what you are concerned about then you shouldn't get a tune at all... But a stage 1 or 2 tune isn't going to break the car within warranty, so I wouldn't be worried about warranty issues...
Well, let's avoid semantic games. It's all about the warranty. MB is betting against you which is why they void the warranty and flag the tuned cars. My gut feel is that you are correct, but numbers would certainly be helpful.
DRGG is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 02:33 PM
  #39  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 752
Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts
Mercedes-Benz c63 AMG
Well, all I'm trying to say is that I'd bet you that you won't have any issues with damages from a Stage 1 or Stage 2 tune as long as it's a tune from a respected company / tuner and the install was done properly. I personally don't think it's worth extra money for the tuner to warranty the engine / drivetrain because I'm playing the odds... but that's not to say everyone is like me, which is what keeps Dinan in business... they know that their tune isn't going to cause any problems, but can warranty the engine / drivetrain and make some extra money off people. In exchange, you get peace of mind.

And just to give you more options... Dinan provides a warranty, but so does Eurocharged, if you're looking for an ECU tune that is warranty-backed...

But just to address the longevity issue... even Dinan's "warranty" is only to match the manufacturer's warranty... so they won't cover anything related to "longevity"... which is why I say if you're going for longevity, warranty or no warranty shouldn't matter AT ALL.

Last edited by skim7x; 05-15-2019 at 02:40 PM.
skim7x is offline  
Old 05-15-2019, 03:23 PM
  #40  
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 112
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
C63S AMG Coupe
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
Well, all I'm trying to say is that I'd bet you that you won't have any issues with damages from a Stage 1 or Stage 2 tune as long as it's a tune from a respected company / tuner and the install was done properly. I personally don't think it's worth extra money for the tuner to warranty the engine / drivetrain because I'm playing the odds... but that's not to say everyone is like me, which is what keeps Dinan in business... they know that their tune isn't going to cause any problems, but can warranty the engine / drivetrain and make some extra money off people. In exchange, you get peace of mind.

And just to give you more options... Dinan provides a warranty, but so does Eurocharged, if you're looking for an ECU tune that is warranty-backed...

But just to address the longevity issue... even Dinan's "warranty" is only to match the manufacturer's warranty... so they won't cover anything related to "longevity"... which is why I say if you're going for longevity, warranty or no warranty shouldn't matter AT ALL.
If I was interested in longevity I agree that I would not purchase an after-market tune. But mostly I am concerned about who pays for what if there is a catastrophic failure. I am more likely to be drawn to a company who has "longevity" and a solid reputation backed by a warranty. If I was a different sort of person I wouldn't be driving a MB.
DRGG is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: New C63 S . Need tune /modification help !!!


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: