C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering used 2018 C63S, post-install Driver Assistance Package?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2019, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BMW 328i
Considering used 2018 C63S, post-install Driver Assistance Package?

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting a 1-year low-mileage 2018 used C63S. The car is perfect in every way (may color of choice, my interior of choice, wheel color, even comes with KW adjustable coilovers). The only thing that it lacks is the Driver Assistance Package. Please humor me as I tell you me crazy idea: I was wondering if it would be possible to take the car to the dealer and have them install the Driver Assistance Package after the fact... I'm not super technical with cars—I just love the C63!

The car already has the multi-media package (which is required for the driver assist. package) as well as the park assist package.

Often times the cars all come with the standard features, they're just disabled in software. So if the hardware (cameras, processing unit) is already on the car, maybe I can get it installed after the fact...? or not?

Thanks guys.
Old 05-13-2019, 03:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 864 Likes on 450 Posts
2020 Huracan EVO AWD - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe - 2023 C63 S Coupe -
Originally Posted by th77
Hey guys,

I'm thinking about getting a 1-year low-mileage 2018 used C63S. The car is perfect in every way (may color of choice, my interior of choice, wheel color, even comes with KW adjustable coilovers). The only thing that it lacks is the Driver Assistance Package. Please humor me as I tell you me crazy idea: I was wondering if it would be possible to take the car to the dealer and have them install the Driver Assistance Package after the fact... I'm not super technical with cars—I just love the C63!

The car already has the multi-media package (which is required for the driver assist. package) as well as the park assist package.

Often times the cars all come with the standard features, they're just disabled in software. So if the hardware (cameras, processing unit) is already on the car, maybe I can get it installed after the fact...? or not?

Thanks guys.
Not happening. Would be cost prohibitive anyways. Best to look for a car that has it already. If it is a must have option for you.
Old 05-13-2019, 04:40 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C63S Sedan
Where are you located? If you live in Greater Toronto Area, I can retrofit that for you, both the required hardware and software
Old 05-13-2019, 08:15 PM

BMW 328i
Originally Posted by g2lujinn
Where are you located? If you live in Greater Toronto Area, I can retrofit that for you, both the required hardware and software
I'm located in California. How do you do the installation? If it is not too difficult would the dealership be able to do it for me?
Old 05-13-2019, 08:35 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by th77
I'm located in California. How do you do the installation? If it is not too difficult would the dealership be able to do it for me?
The retrofit you want requires a lot of sensors to be installed and bumper drills are required to position some of them, then you need to integrate these sensors to your car’s control units, this also requires some interior trim replacement and yes it is difficult but do-able, this should cost you around at least $3000 just for the OEM parts.

And I’m 100% sure dealership won’t do it for you, most dealerships won’t perform retrofits like this, not only because it requires a lot of work, but also the risk of damaging the other components, besides, they will have to warranty their work of course.
Old 05-13-2019, 08:37 PM

BMW 328i
Originally Posted by g2lujinn
The retrofit you want requires a lot of sensors to be installed and bumper drills are required to position some of them, then you need to integrate these sensors to your car’s control units, this also requires some interior trim replacement and yes it is difficult but do-able, this should cost you around at least $3000 just for the OEM parts.

And I’m 100% sure dealership won’t do it for you, most dealerships won’t perform retrofits like this, not only because it requires a lot of work, but also the risk of damaging the other components, besides, they will have to warranty their work of course.
Ah that's a shame. Guess I have to keep looking then. Thanks anyways!
Old 05-13-2019, 09:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 864 Likes on 450 Posts
2020 Huracan EVO AWD - 2022 GLE 63 S Coupe - 2023 C63 S Coupe -
Originally Posted by benzbell
Not happening. Would be cost prohibitive anyways. Best to look for a car that has it already. If it is a must have option for you.
Like I said earlier. Almost anything is doable if you want to throw enough cash at it. Not to mention this would be a big hassle to boot. I've done retrofits before. My last one took several months to sort out.