MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   CALLING ALL U.S. 2019 C63S OWNERS... POPS AND BANGS COMPLAINTS NEEDED ASAP (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/744534-calling-all-u-s-2019-c63s-owners-pops-bangs-complaints-needed-asap.html)

purplewidow 05-14-2019 12:03 AM

CALLING ALL U.S. 2019 C63S OWNERS... POPS AND BANGS COMPLAINTS NEEDED ASAP

At a request of some in the other thread I decided to make a new thread strictly on how U.S. customers can file a formal complaint. THIS HAS TO BE DONE THROUGH MBUSA CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Calling ALL U.S. 2019 c63s owners!!!!

Please call MBUSA and complain about the lack of pops and bangs.

I called and talked and filed a formal complaint after the dealer told me to and the MBUSA rep(Isaiah) confirmed that sales and service DO NOT file formal complaints like this in the U.S. You have to call the Mercedes customer service number 1 800 367 6372.

I think you have to press 5 both times to get to a rep. I got one in like 20 seconds of waiting so it shouldn't take long.

Literally 20 minutes after I called the rep called me back and said there is a bulletin to respond to this.. Saying the 2019 had to be made quieter thanks to new U.S. regulations. But there are no new regulations.. only California has a new law which forces officers to write a ticket if a car is louder than it should be. He stressed this was a software issue done for U.S regulations on noise. He also said he will be calling me if any new info comes up regarding this and will touch base in 1-2 months time. Funny thing is i just read an article on the r8 and while the EU model gets the 10hp bump this year and is more muted because of the new EU noise regulations the U.S. model gets a better sounding exhaust.. they focused more on the sound here because of epa regulations on emissions.. so that directly contradicts MBUSA statement to me when they called back and said it was U.S. regulations on noise.. Once again Mercedes is lost in their own interweb. Lets get them to straighten this out!!!!!

The Customer Service Rep(Isaiah) said to get people to complain and AMG will definitely update the software and get it closer to the legal limit. So please call that number and get those complaints in ASAP!!!

They only need your phone number to pull up all the car info and document the complaint. I just explained how the car sounds much quieter than the press cars in all the reviews and how those cars even had particle filters and ours do not.

Lastly I'd like to thank Roken for bringing this up and making me dig around and ask who to contact to file a formal complaint in the U.S.

untamedd 05-14-2019 12:44 AM

just trade it in for a pre face lift :zoom:

JPM-3 05-14-2019 06:24 AM

I have a US MY2020 on order. For clarification, is the facelift exhaust actually quieter than that of previous years, regardless of the missing pops and crackles sounds?

rioxu72 05-14-2019 07:04 AM

This makes me curious, does it affect Canadian models too in that case? Has any Canadian compared their MY2019 to the pre-facelift in terms of sound? I currently own a MY2017 sedan and I’m wondering if this will be a problem for when I upgrade to the facelift. Thanks!

purplewidow 05-14-2019 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by untamedd (Post 7754947)
just trade it in for a pre face lift :zoom:

I would take it being quieter for all the improvements over the pre facelift no question!! This will get sorted out we just gotta push to get the software updated

purplewidow 05-14-2019 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by JPM-3 (Post 7755013)
I have a US MY2020 on order. For clarification, is the facelift exhaust actually quieter than that of previous years, regardless of the missing pops and crackles sounds?

Yes the exhaust is quieter but it is still loud. My gf can’t believe it should be louder because she says it’s LOUD.. lol but no pops or bangs. It rumbles and I get crackles. It sounds good just not as good as before the facelift. This is due to new noise regulations in the EU and has impacted us all!! They said it was new regulations in the US but it’s actually because of the new EU regulations. For the R8 Audi just had to modify their exhaust for the EU and in the US Audi USA actually got a louder exhaust since they couldn’t give it the 10 hp bump like Europe got because it impacted emissions too much. So for the new r8 the US gets a louder exhaust and the EU gets 10 more hp but a quieter different exhaust.

purplewidow 05-14-2019 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by rioxu72 (Post 7755027)
This makes me curious, does it affect Canadian models too in that case? Has any Canadian compared their MY2019 to the pre-facelift in terms of sound? I currently own a MY2017 sedan and I’m wondering if this will be a problem for when I upgrade to the facelift. Thanks!

I can’t imagine if the EU has the issue and the US does that Canada would be spared.

Shazbot302 05-14-2019 11:11 AM

I called them yesterday. Rep told me that this is the first time he’s hearing about it and that I should have the dealership look at it. I got the feeling that he wasn’t buying that this seems to be a unanimous complaint among facelift C63s owners.

I filed a formal complaint and requested a “claim” number. Make sure you ask for it so that you know your complaint was lodged

purplewidow 05-14-2019 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Shazbot302 (Post 7755175)
I called them yesterday. Rep told me that this is the first time he’s hearing about it and that I should have the dealership look at it. I got the feeling that he wasn’t buying that this seems to be a unanimous complaint among facelift C63s owners.

I filed a formal complaint and requested a “claim” number. Make sure you ask for it so that you know your complaint was lodged

The funny thing is they actually have a response ready for this.. Did the rep call you back and explain the situation like my rep did?

Shazbot302 05-14-2019 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by purplewidow (Post 7755508)
The funny thing is they actually have a response ready for this.. Did the rep call you back and explain the situation like my rep did?

Nobody called me back. The person I spoke to didn’t know much. He checked my options list to see if my ‘19 C63S Coupe had sports exhaust!! Smh. He tried to convince me to have the car inspected by the dealer but we all know that’s not the issue. Anyways, I told him I want to file a complaint and, because of his pushback, I asked for a claim number so I can follow up.

slowc 05-14-2019 07:45 PM

We should all call and complain about the exhaust rattle Jesus it’s annoying!!!

purplewidow 05-14-2019 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by slowc (Post 7755539)
We should all call and complain about the exhaust rattle Jesus it’s annoying!!!

Dont have any rattle or issues with mine but it’s new. If you feel the need make a thread about it.. I don’t wanna call you hijacker

BrianShaw23 05-14-2019 08:25 PM

I am in the process of ordering a 2020 AMG C63s, I am crossing my fingers this issue is fixed by the time my car arrives. The car sounds amazing in the press releases and would be disappointed if it doesn't sound as good as advertised!

AV1 05-14-2019 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by purplewidow (Post 7755072)
I would take it being quieter for all the improvements over the pre facelift no question!! This will get sorted out we just gotta push to get the software updated

+ 1

Even if the exhaust is totally muted I'd still take the updated 19 over preface lift no second thoughts !!!

If all else fails, an aftermarket tune will easily fix both problems and add all noise and "snap, crackle and pops" you want LOL :)

Uga Uga 05-15-2019 11:52 AM

Are we talking about loudness or pops and crackles.

My 2019 exhaust is louder than my 2017, and there is a marked difference
between exhaust on and off when the performance exhaust is selected comfort mode for the 2019.

I have still not completed running in, so will update as and when I do.

superswiss 05-15-2019 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Uga Uga
Are we talking about loudness or pops and crackles.

My 2019 exhaust is louder than my 2017, and there is a marked difference
between exhaust on and off when the performance exhaust is selected comfort mode for the 2019.

I have still not completed running in, so will update as and when I do.

Pops and bangs I think. I'm also still breaking in. 300 kms more to go, but I really like the sound of the 2019. I did not like the overall sound of the pre-facelift as much. The 2019 certainly doesn't lack loudness with the valves open even in comfort mode and today I revved it for my relatives in comfort mode with exhaust open and it crackeled nicely. Even got a pop the other day on a spirited run through a canyon road. I'll soon start playing with the other modes.

purplewidow 05-15-2019 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by superswiss (Post 7756077)
Pops and bangs I think. I'm also still breaking in. 300 kms more to go, but I really like the sound of the 2019. I did not like the overall sound of the pre-facelift as much. The 2019 certainly doesn't lack loudness with the valves open even in comfort mode and today I revved it for my relatives in comfort mode with exhaust open and it crackeled nicely. Even got a pop the other day on a spirited run through a canyon road. I'll soon start playing with the other modes.

I agree it’s loud.. just not the pops and bangs.. I do get crackles in the 4-4500 range when I let off the gas but I am in the same boat as you doing the break in.

purplewidow 05-22-2019 03:42 PM

Bumpity bump!!!!

get calling and complaining guys.. how did this get to page 2?🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️🤦*♂️

Shazbot302 05-28-2019 06:50 PM

Spoke to Isiah today. He was fantastic. He said that AMG is aware of the issue and is working on a software update to address it, however, there is no release date yet. Keep pushing!!!

purplewidow 05-28-2019 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Shazbot302 (Post 7766307)
Spoke to Isiah today. He was fantastic. He said that AMG is aware of the issue and is working on a software update to address a it, however, there is no release date yet. Keep pushing!!!

That's Great news!!

Isaiah doesn't BS and he stays on top of things and if he doesn't know the answer he hunts for it.

Thanks for the update!!

BrianShaw23 05-28-2019 07:55 PM

Hopefully the software will be out in time for he 2020 models.

scrufy 05-29-2019 12:13 AM

This would probably get a lot more traction on the private lounge forums, if it wasn’t totally foobar’d right now.
my ‘19 is plenty loud but there is no pops etc on downshifting to speak of. Just an occasional one.

cyberorth 05-29-2019 01:41 AM

I would like to review a bit of history. I was very happy with the sound when I got my 2016. There was a sw update to address the quietness of the exhaust in 2017 that I was very skeptical since I already enjoyed the existing sound. The update increased the loudness and complexity of the sound and made it more in every way. My points are that there was actually a similar issue and it was addressed (credibility). Further, we are comparing two different tunes as these cars have different transmissions and it is possible that the early batches are tuned with less focus on sound and more on functionality with new transmission.
I agree that more calls will reinforce the possibility of the sw modification.

Shazbot302 06-12-2019 01:14 PM

Bump!

Shazbot302 06-15-2019 06:26 PM

I spoke to someone yesterday. Can’t recall the name. He said that he has no information about a fix. Keep pushing!