MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   tuner taking my car out for joyride? (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/745241-tuner-taking-my-car-out-joyride.html)

taeko63ess 05-21-2019 12:16 PM

tuner taking my car out for joyride?

Hey everyone, i''ve never tune any of my car before so if this is a stupid question, please excuse it. I dropped my car off at Eurocharged to have them do the downpipes and ecu. This morning I check the mercedes me app driving journal and it show me the car have been driven for almost an hour. I look up the address of the place that he was driving to and one of them was a dentistry place and a house in some neighborhood. The car is still at a house in a neighborhood and not at Eurocharged. Does this look like he took it out for a joyride? He also exceeded 55mph speed limit that I set and the roads he was driving on is only 40-45 mph limit.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...5bd30ad2e7.png

peejalino 05-21-2019 12:19 PM

:popcorn:

raudiace4 05-21-2019 01:39 PM

Depending on how many miles it was driven total, I would say yeah probably the shop used your car to run errands. Abused? Not sure hard to say, but I probably wouldn't go back there.

MBzW205 05-21-2019 01:42 PM

Sorry that happened to you, that to me, in my opinion, is a big YES! I only say that because it happened to me before. NOT OK!

skim7x 05-21-2019 02:11 PM

Meh, I personally don't care about those things... I'd rather the shop drive it for a while so that any problems that arise will happen with them and they can fix it rather than it happening on my drive. As long as it's not like, >50 miles I don't really care... even 50 miles is whatever. And as long as there is no damage to the car, I wouldn't make a big deal out of it, personally.

g2lujinn 05-21-2019 02:14 PM

it's Eurocharged, so I'm not surprised, their employees are just a bunch of liars and only thinking about money

raudiace4 05-21-2019 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by MBzW205 (Post 7760579)
Sorry that happened to you, that to me, in my opinion, is a big YES! I only say that because it happened to me before. NOT OK!

Unrelated but bruh how did you have a 2008 996 when Porsche stopped making them in 2004?
Lol

sales@eurocharged.com 05-21-2019 03:01 PM

PM me your name please!

msd3075 05-21-2019 03:18 PM

Where is all the recent hate for Eurocharged on here coming from lately? I'm not so much talking about the original topic but more the people below that saying what they did. This is maybe the third or fourth thing I've read recently about it. From what I've read on here over the years, they seem to be very reputable.

raudiace4 05-21-2019 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by msd3075 (Post 7760668)
Where is all the recent hate for Eurocharged on here coming from lately? I'm not so much talking about the original topic but more the people below that saying what they did. This is maybe the third or fourth thing I've read recently about it. From what I've read on here over the years, they seem to be very reputable.

EC has always gone above and beyond for me in helping diagnose issues, and send me tunes and updates etc overnight.

Robjr 05-21-2019 05:45 PM

taeko63ess......

IMO, I'd have a face-to-face chat and get the facts...then, based on what they say and do to remedy the problem, decide whether or not you want to continue that relationship!

Good luck......

Rob

taeko63ess 05-21-2019 06:40 PM

how accurate is the mercedes me app driving journal? I don't really care if they're taking it out our for a few miles as long as it's not abuse and damage. Is this normal when

taeko63ess 05-21-2019 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by taeko63ess (Post 7760496)
Hey everyone, i''ve never tune any of my car before so if this is a stupid question, please excuse it. I dropped my car off at Eurocharged to have them do the downpipes and ecu. This morning I check the mercedes me app driving journal and it show me the car have been driven for almost an hour. I look up the address of the place that he was driving to and one of them was a dentistry place and a house in some neighborhood. The car is still at a house in a neighborhood and not at Eurocharged. Does this look like he took it out for a joyride? He also exceeded 55mph speed limit that I set and the roads he was driving on is only 40-45 mph limit.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...5bd30ad2e7.png

Update: Eurocharged called me with proof on camera that the car never left the shop. Lesson learned, never trust Mercedes me app. My apologies to Eurocharged if I made you guys look bad

slowc 05-21-2019 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by taeko63ess (Post 7760943)
Update: Eurocharged called me with proof on camera that the car never left the shop. Lesson learned, never trust Mercedes me app. My apologies to Eurocharged if I made you guys look bad

Check the footage yourself at the time of the driving journal alert.

untamedd 05-21-2019 08:57 PM

wow so the mercedes me app has to be complete garbage if this is true and the car never left

slowc 05-21-2019 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by untamedd (Post 7761006)
wow so the mercedes me app has to be complete garbage if this is true and the car never left

He said they called with proof. It’s not proof unless you see actual footage with time stamps during the driving journal supposed alert times.

benzbell 05-21-2019 09:27 PM

IMO, I'd have a face-to-face chat and get the facts...then, based on what they say and do to remedy the problem, decide whether or not you want to continue that relationship!

Good luck......

Rob
Might be best next time to just talk with the shop first as stated above. Rather than coming on to a public forum showing a screen shot and asking if we think it's a joyride.

scrufy 05-21-2019 10:20 PM

Mercedes me app is the one I’d trust here.

purplewidow 05-21-2019 10:45 PM

Personally I find that odd.. I don’t use that app as I have a 2019 so I use the Mercedes me connect app.. Have you looked on that app before and it randomly said your car was driven places and it wasn’t? Why would the car be updating locations, mileage, and speed to the app if it never went anywhere?

taeko63ess 05-21-2019 11:55 PM

I just saw the camera footage and I can confirm that the mercedes me app is total garbage. The car never left the shop and I did stopped by earlier to get some stuff out of the car and to talk to them about this but checked the app to see where the car is before I went in and it showed that the car was somewhere else while the app showed some other location. Again I apologize to Eurocharged for causing the trouble.

ChrisCF 05-22-2019 12:11 AM

So is it footage from your camera from inside your car? Can you confirm it's in fact your car from the inside and not another customer's?

I'm sorry but I've never had my app show phantom travel locations. That is highly suspect. But if you're happy....

Vinithing 05-22-2019 12:17 AM

How about you just check the odometer?

taeko63ess 05-22-2019 12:58 AM

Originally Posted by ChrisCF (Post 7761133)
So is it footage from your camera from inside your car? Can you confirm it's in fact your car from the inside and not another customer's?

I'm sorry but I've never had my app show phantom travel locations. That is highly suspect. But if you're happy....

Yes I can confirm it's my car because I have a few stickers on the windshield and my spoiler. The footage is from Eurocharged camera as I don't have a dashcam. I ask them to dyno the car before and after to see the gains and when they put it on the dyno it matches the time when the app alerted me of the speed limit I set at 55mph. At that time the app also told me that the car is driving somewhere on the highway. Also, when I stopped by there I remember the app telling me that the car was somewhere else even though it's at the shop. I know the dyno trigger the speed limit alert, maybe being in on dyno/dyno mode is the culprit. mercedes me app was pretty trashy and buggy before, this really confirms it.

slowc 05-22-2019 10:58 AM

Cars of this caliber you can’t dismiss concerns and I feel nothing wrong with this post if anything we all need to enable the Mercedes’s ME app for tracking purpose in case something happens and in fact is a “joy ride” thanks for following up.

NYCSoiL 05-22-2019 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by taeko63ess (Post 7760943)

Never had an issue with GPS and Mercedes ME app, it was always super accurate for me. Someone is lying here