Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz AMG Vehicles > C43 AMG, C63 AMG, C63S AMG (W205) > C63/C63S AMG
Pulled Trigger On Eurocharged C63 AMG Tune! >

Pulled Trigger On Eurocharged C63 AMG Tune!

Notices
C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pulled Trigger On Eurocharged C63 AMG Tune!

 
Old 06-24-2019, 01:01 AM
  #26  
Junior Member
 
LessIsMore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 45
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 AMG C63
Congrats on the tune! All that new power makes it seem like a new beast again.

Curious, if you dont mind my asking - what led you to choose a flash tune vs a JB4/piggyback?
LessIsMore is offline  
Old 06-24-2019, 07:25 PM
  #27  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 115
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
Got Stage II with Pops and Burbles Tune File from Jerry an hour ago and downloaded to my PC. Now I got to put it on the MYGENIUS. I am going to the dealer at 7 am to get A Service, so everything has been checked, oil changed, and I'm ready to go, Prior to loading the Tune. I went with EuroCharged Tune over the JB4 because I don't want the hassle of installing a piggyback. The JB looks cool and has a lot you can do with it, but it hasn't been out that long and I am not interested in changing the tune myself. I'd rather be able to go to my car anytime I want, with the MyGenius, and in 10 minutes load my Tune or Stock File. Also, upgrades down the road make this easy as you just get a file via e-mail, load and you are done. Going to the dealer, change to your stock OEM Tune.

Another reason outside of a better price is I'm 4 hours away from EC, SO, if I did have an issue, I COULD physically drive there and get it resolved by Jerry in the car and on a Dyno. It will cost a few bucks, but I'd do it for piece of mind. I didn't know of EC before I had my C63, but after looking for the last 6 weeks, EC has a good reputation and has done over 12,000 tunes per their web-site. If they sucked and had consistent issues, they wouldn't be in business and you'd hear about it because they do tunes for so many types of cars.

Every "LOAD it YOURSELF from AFAR Tune" can have an issue here or there and nobody is perfect. You are using 1 or 2 or 3 car to get a good estimate on what to change, and then you use it on other people's cars that you are not able to drive in and get put it on a dyno to get it perfect (as perfect as you can).
Everyone's car is a little different, even the same year, and there are variables (temps, humidity, atmospheric pressure, etc, etc.), but overall I'd say EC has a Solid Track Record. I do NOT know how it is going to be, but I'm about to find out very soon. If you want everything with your tune perfect, they only way to do this is on a dyno, or driving, and using data logging software to see in real time WHAT your car is doing, A/F Ratios, Timing, Driveability on your exact car to what YOU consider to be GOOD.

I asked and am awaiting an answer, but I wanted to know if there is any good Data Logging Software, Program, etc that works well on our AMG's? I'd love to load my tune and after it learns it, get some REAL data so I know everything is working right and adjusted at the optimum level. That would give me piece of mind, or drive 4 hours and get it dynoed and check the Tune. Will report back soon!

Last edited by TexasBenzBandit; 06-24-2019 at 08:14 PM.
TexasBenzBandit is offline  
Old 06-24-2019, 11:18 PM
  #28  
Senior Member
 
gOt BoOsT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sac, Ca
Posts: 380
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Ď17 GT F1A E85 Monster Ď16 C63s
Congrats brotha! Did Jerry say or specify what’s different between stage 2 and stage 1? I’m assuming I have stage 1 since I didn’t ask for stage 2 and I only have intakes with stock exhaust. How much more pops and burble are we talking lol? Let me know when you do, enjoy!
gOt BoOsT is offline  
Old 06-25-2019, 07:09 AM
  #29  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 784
Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
Mercedes-Benz c63 AMG
Stage 2 supports downpipes, stage 1 does not
skim7x is offline  
Old 06-25-2019, 07:17 AM
  #30  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 784
Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
Mercedes-Benz c63 AMG
Originally Posted by LessIsMore View Post
Curious, if you dont mind my asking - what led you to choose a flash tune vs a JB4/piggyback?
Flash tunes are easier to install and uninstall than piggybacks, much cleaner, and support cattless downpipes where the JB4 only supports stage 1. I my opinion, the only thing JB4 is good for is maybe running meth. Back in the day, they had support for stage 2, autotuning, and on the fly map switching with paddles... Those days are gone, sadly :-/
skim7x is offline  
The following users liked this post:
GuardianVA (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 09:03 AM
  #31  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 115
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
At Dealer waiting, was doing ďA Service by my SA said you were just here, got F&R pads, and they checked everything, just do an oil change for $169. Plus I get 10% off with my MBCA Membership. I thought you had to get an ďAĒ if you wanted an oil change.

I talked to 2 guys about a Tune, NOT my SA. One said he wasnít sure if they know if you brought car back to stock prior to service?

The other said if they determine itís tuned, ďthey 86 your warrantyĒ! He said this dealer used to offer and sell Renntech Tunes but they stopped. Iíd hate to lose 2 years of my EW! Of course Iíd put Stock ECU Tune prior to any visit

I honestly think unless your bringing car in for an engine related issue, blown tranny, or failure that would TRIGGER suspicion, why would they check?

I know, I know, If you want to Play, you got to be willing to Pay.

Last edited by TexasBenzBandit; 06-25-2019 at 09:05 AM.
TexasBenzBandit is offline  
Old 06-25-2019, 09:25 AM
  #32  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 573
Likes: 0
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
'15 C63S
Originally Posted by TexasBenzBandit View Post
At Dealer waiting, was doing ďA Service by my SA said you were just here, got F&R pads, and they checked everything, just do an oil change for $169. Plus I get 10% off with my MBCA Membership. I thought you had to get an ďAĒ if you wanted an oil change.

I talked to 2 guys about a Tune, NOT my SA. One said he wasnít sure if they know if you brought car back to stock prior to service?

The other said if they determine itís tuned, ďthey 86 your warrantyĒ! He said this dealer used to offer and sell Renntech Tunes but they stopped. Iíd hate to lose 2 years of my EW! Of course Iíd put Stock ECU Tune prior to any visit

I honestly think unless your bringing car in for an engine related issue, blown tranny, or failure that would TRIGGER suspicion, why would they check?

I know, I know, If you want to Play, you got to be willing to Pay.
They won't actively check for the tune, but if you're tuned when plugged into their computer, it'll automatically notice irregularities in your logs and flag your car. As long as the car isn't hooked up (ECU reflash for troubleshooting an issue, occasional recall/TSB update, etc), you'll be fine.

And unless your dealer is a complete jerk, your entire warranty won't be voided if your car is flagged for the tune. Only the powertrain (and associated parts) will be scrutinized.
msd3075 is offline  
Old 06-25-2019, 10:34 AM
  #33  
Senior Member
 
gOt BoOsT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sac, Ca
Posts: 380
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Ď17 GT F1A E85 Monster Ď16 C63s
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
Stage 2 supports downpipes, stage 1 does not
Yea I know thats the usual determining factor, but op is completely stock.
gOt BoOsT is offline  
Old 06-25-2019, 10:46 AM
  #34  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 784
Received 71 Likes on 59 Posts
Mercedes-Benz c63 AMG
Originally Posted by msd3075 View Post
And unless your dealer is a complete jerk, your entire warranty won't be voided if your car is flagged for the tune. Only the powertrain (and associated parts) will be scrutinized.
True that. Don't worry about it. You shouldn't have problems with a Stage 1 or 2 tune anyways.

Originally Posted by gOt BoOsT View Post
Yea I know thats the usual determining factor, but op is completely stock.
Yeah I saw that... weird. Shouldn't run a stage 2 tune with stock DP's... at least not for very long...
skim7x is offline  
Old 06-25-2019, 11:13 AM
  #35  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 73
Likes: 0
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
2017 Ford F250, 2018 C63s AMG Coupe
EC will send you the Stage 1 file while you are running stock DP.s. When you have new DP's installed, they will send you an updated file for Stage 2. That is the path I would go.
j2dna is offline  
Old 06-25-2019, 11:29 AM
  #36  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: the Right coast
Posts: 164
Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
'19 C43
[QUOTE=TexasBenzBandit;7787121I asked and am awaiting an answer, but I wanted to know if there is any good Data Logging Software, Program, etc that works well on our AMG's? I'd love to load my tune and after it learns it, get some REAL data so I know everything is working right and adjusted at the optimum level. That would give me piece of mind, or drive 4 hours and get it dynoed and check the Tune. Will report back soon![/QUOTE]

Torque Pro app with a proper OBDII connector will give you data logging for many of the basic parameters. Scantools (they make one of the Torque compatible OBDII connectors) also has their own logging software that will do some of what Torque does.

Last edited by GuardianVA; 06-25-2019 at 11:31 AM. Reason: correction
GuardianVA is offline  
Old 06-25-2019, 07:47 PM
  #37  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 115
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
Thanks so much everyone. In response to the questions above, I will respond. Also, as a disclaimer, I am very familiar with tuning cars and have tuned my cars half a dozen times on dynos, driving around with a data logger doing real-time edits on a Corvette (using LS1 Edit, HP Tuners). However, I have ZERO Experience with Mercedes, and as of this moment, haven't driven my car with a Tune on it, so I am No Expert, but I did do my homework.

My advice is if you have an important question, call EC and ask THEM yourself, don't take people's word on forums.

1. I realize Stage 2 for many Tuners means you are required to have the pre-requisite Bolt-Ons/ Mods over a stock setup in order to even Run that Stage 2 Tune. However, Eurocharged and Jerry are absolutely Aware my 2017 C63 AMG is 100% Bone Stock. I never plan to get DP's on this car as I have already gone through the "Modding Everything you can on your Car Phase" with my Vette, but this is Not that Car, at least while in Warranty.

2. The Stage 2 Tune I was sent is more aggressive than Stage 1, BUT it's configured for a Stock Car and is tuned Safe. So NO EC doesn't automatically send you a Stage 1 if you DON'T have DP's, and a Stage 2 if you Do. You can ask for either based on what results you want. I doubt EC would sell a Carelessly Aggressive Stage 2 Tune for a Stock Car. that couldn't handle it. That would be DUMB on their part as their customers and their cars would experience problems. Problems = Pissed Off Customers and BAD Publicity, neither of those outcomes is worth EC selling an Overly Aggressive Tune that a Car can't Physically Handle.

3. The Aggressive Pops & Burbles I was told is a little more than stock, but they did not give me an exact %. It also depends on the exhaust you have as well. I'm running a Non-Performance Exhaust now and do not have that much P&B's, unless I am in S+, so I don't think this is going to turn it into a Popcorn Machine. If it is TOO much, I'll request a New Tune Without the aggressive P&B's and get an e-mail the same day. This is exactly a reason why I wouldn't go with a Piggy-Back Tune. Having the ability to do on the fly Changes at home is a HUGE advantage for me and don't like being at anyone's mercy for my car to run.

4. I agree about the Dealer likely NOT bothering you IF you are running a Tune, BUT be smart, take it off prior to coming in and don't Talk About Tunes to anyone at the dealer. On a side note. I assume the average Dealer would NEVER proactively LOOK for a tune unless they have a reason to do so.

5. I plan to install my Tune Friday Night after work. I don't want to do it now where I have to drive slowly to work all week and won't have time to focus on really paying attention to how my car behaves. I also want to do some STOCK runs and VIDEO my RPM's and MPH so I understand how shifts happen NOW, vs. after the Tune to see the differences.

Jerry and all of EC Staff have been very cool. Jerry was out all week, but Jerry responded via e-mail and had my Tune back in 24 hours from when he got it. It came late in the evening and I know for a fact he works from home on these.

I am getting Excited!

Last edited by TexasBenzBandit; 06-25-2019 at 09:56 PM.
TexasBenzBandit is offline  
Old 06-26-2019, 12:25 AM
  #38  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 573
Likes: 0
Received 63 Likes on 50 Posts
'15 C63S
Originally Posted by TexasBenzBandit View Post
Thanks so much everyone. In response to the questions above, I will respond. Also, as a disclaimer, I am very familiar with tuning cars and have tuned my cars half a dozen times on dynos, driving around with a data logger doing real-time edits on a Corvette (using LS1 Edit, HP Tuners). However, I have ZERO Experience with Mercedes, and as of this moment, haven't driven my car with a Tune on it, so I am No Expert, but I did do my homework.

My advice is if you have an important question, call EC and ask THEM yourself, don't take people's word on forums.

1. I realize Stage 2 for many Tuners means you are required to have the pre-requisite Bolt-Ons/ Mods over a stock setup in order to even Run that Stage 2 Tune. However, Eurocharged and Jerry are absolutely Aware my 2017 C63 AMG is 100% Bone Stock. I never plan to get DP's on this car as I have already gone through the "Modding Everything you can on your Car Phase" with my Vette, but this is Not that Car, at least while in Warranty.

2. The Stage 2 Tune I was sent is more aggressive than Stage 1, BUT it's configured for a Stock Car and is tuned Safe. So NO EC doesn't automatically send you a Stage 1 if you DON'T have DP's, and a Stage 2 if you Do. You can ask for either based on what results you want. I doubt EC would sell a Carelessly Aggressive Stage 2 Tune for a Stock Car. that couldn't handle it. That would be DUMB on their part as their customers and their cars would experience problems. Problems = Pissed Off Customers and BAD Publicity, neither of those outcomes is worth EC selling an Overly Aggressive Tune that a Car can't Physically Handle.

3. The Aggressive Pops & Burbles I was told is a little more than stock, but they did not give me an exact %. It also depends on the exhaust you have as well. I'm running a Non-Performance Exhaust now and do not have that much P&B's, unless I am in S+, so I don't think this is going to turn it into a Popcorn Machine. If it is TOO much, I'll request a New Tune Without the aggressive P&B's and get an e-mail the same day. This is exactly a reason why I wouldn't go with a Piggy-Back Tune. Having the ability to do on the fly Changes at home is a HUGE advantage for me and don't like being at anyone's mercy for my car to run.

4. I agree about the Dealer likely NOT bothering you IF you are running a Tune, BUT be smart, take it off prior to coming in and don't Talk About Tunes to anyone at the dealer. On a side note. I assume the average Dealer would NEVER proactively LOOK for a tune unless they have a reason to do so.

5. I plan to install my Tune Friday Night after work. I don't want to do it now where I have to drive slowly to work all week and won't have time to focus on really paying attention to how my car behaves. I also want to do some STOCK runs and VIDEO my RPM's and MPH so I understand how shifts happen NOW, vs. after the Tune to see the differences.

Jerry and all of EC Staff have been very cool. Jerry was out all week, but Jerry responded via e-mail and had my Tune back in 24 hours from when he got it. It came late in the evening and I know for a fact he works from home on these.

I am getting Excited!
I haven't said anything on here in the paat simply because I didn't want it to be out there while my car was under warranty, but as of yesterday my factory warranty period has ended (car is now 4 years old). So here it goes.

I've been running the Eurocharged tune on my car for the last 3 years. My car is stock other than the tune. Over that time, I have put over 35K trouble-free miles on the car. I'm not one to race around, but I definitely use the car as intended as often as I can. Their tune has been great. Only issue I ever had was with a couple OBD2 monitors not wanting to show "Ready" after an unrelated issue triggered a CEL and the code was cleared. Clearing the code causes all the monitors to reset to Not Ready, and you ha e to go through the driving cycle for them to go back to Ready. Two of them (CAT and EVAP) wouldn't reset with the tune installed for whatever reason. Had to flash back to stock, let the OBD2 monitors reset to Ready, and re-load the tune. Not a big headache now, but this all happened before they had figured out how to load the tune through the OBD2 port. Luckily I'm in Houston.

As for Stage 1 vs Stage 2, I'm not sure exactly which version I originally had, but I know when they reloaded my tune onto my car last year, I was specifically told that it was the Stage 2 tune. Again, this is on a completely stock car other than the tune.

As for pops and crackles i creasing from the exhaust, I never really drove around with the stock ECU software long enough to be able to tell a difference. I will say that with my non-PE exhaust in Sport+ or Race, I'll have shotgun-sounding pops just while driving through the parking lot and letting off the throttle.

As for reliability of the engine and how much this tune pushes the limit, I will say that the person I originally talked to 3 years ago said that they sent the engine internals off to see what could be done to strengthen them, and the shop sent them back saying that they really couldn't do much and that the stock internals could take significantly more than what the stock engine was making. If I remember correctly (don't hild me to it), the shop said the stock internals were good up to 700-800 HP easily.

As for the dealership, I never had any issues with non-powertrain warranty claims. Just make sure the issues aren't anything where your car has to be plugged into their system for diagnostics, and you should be fine.
msd3075 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
gOt BoOsT (06-26-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 12:06 PM
  #39  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 115
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
MSD,

Thanks for your awesome and detailed feedback. That makes me feel better as I look forward to loading my Tune. I had one person tell me they had an issue with the TUNE and I believe them, however, I think it’s the exception, not the norm.

If if there were any sort of consistent problems or issues, we would all hear about it pretty quick. More people will share when they have a bad experience, vs. a good one. UPS is delivering my used AWE Track exhaust today,

Update: Got my AWE Track Exhaust installed this morning and Paused in installing my Tune. I want to drive with stock Tune for a few days so I can see how exhaust sounds with stock tune. It sounds good but may consider a SwitchPath conversion kit so I can have it quiet when I want.

Last edited by TexasBenzBandit; 06-30-2019 at 01:39 PM.
TexasBenzBandit is offline  
Old 06-30-2019, 01:57 PM
  #40  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 115
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
OK, so it's Sunday and I just decided to Load my EC Tune. I just drove the car earlier for 30 minutes, so I didn't mess with a Battery Charger during the install. No issues and it was over in about 10 minutes I'd guess. I turned the ignition from position 2, to OFF, then I unplugged the MyGenius from my OBD2 port as instructed. I waited 10 seconds and fired her up, started up right away with No Issues. I tapped on the gas lightly and the FIRST Thing I noticed Immediately was something that someone else mentioned that stuck in my head. The revs which are usually a little laggy, press the gas and a split second later the car revs, almost like a slight delay. I lightly revved the car just 2 or 3 times to 2,500-3,000 RPM's and instantly could HEAR and FEEL a difference. So now I understand what people say how the LAG is gone or greatly minimized.

My wife was out when I loaded it and I had my younger daughter, so I couldn't leave her alone and got for a test drive, YET! She just returned home and I am waiting with anticipation to go for the Maiden Voyage, but am going to draw it out for myself just a little longer as my excitement and anticipation builds. Also, I JUST added the AWE Track yesterday and wanted to drive it PRE-Tune, so I can HEAR what if any the differences there are between the Exhaust Sound with the Stock Tune vs. the Modified Tune.?

Also, I am still deciding if I am keeping the AWE Track ON the Car and will drive it a week before I make up my mind to swap it back to stock, or to consider getting the Switchpath Conversion Kit? OK, will report back soon. Not much interest on this thread, so I don't feel I am leaving hundreds hanging or anything, but I am sure a few people are interested in my results and feedback so I will report back eventually when I get a little drive time behind the wheel...






TexasBenzBandit is offline  
The following users liked this post:
FLC63s (06-30-2019)
Old 07-01-2019, 11:17 AM
  #41  
Super Member
 
Strafe1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Colorado
Posts: 579
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
2018 C63S Coupe
Im not sure with the EC tune, but my Renntech OBD2 tune required 5-10 starts/drives for the ECU to completely adapt. Initial drive was lazy feeling for me. The by about the 5th or 6th drive, the power was there. Just FYI.
Strafe1 is offline  
Old 07-01-2019, 04:47 PM
  #42  
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: the Right coast
Posts: 164
Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
'19 C43
Three to five driving cycles is about the norm for adaptation on this particular ECU family.
GuardianVA is offline  
Old 07-08-2019, 12:19 AM
  #43  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 115
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
I loaded My Eurocharged Stage 1 Tune last weekend. As soon as it finished loading. I turned off for a minute and then started it and No Codes. Then I double tapped the gas pedal in Park with the car still in my garage, INSTANTLY I noticed it revved Quickly and I could already Tell a difference before I drive the car.

Took car car out and there was no Learning (Iím sure it learns as time goes by), but I noticed a HUGE and immediate change in the carís performance. Felt Amazing with NO Lag.

i was going to change to my Stage 2 Tune I bought and brought it back to Stock first (long story). I went for a short drive and it felt so Sluggish compared to having the Stage 1 Tune on the car.

The next morning on Saturday I downloaded my Stage 2 Tune and luckily everything seemed to go fine, started car up and I immediately noticed the throttle response increasing dramatically.

I haven't driven the car yet, crazy I know but I wasnít able to drive and had my wifeís parents in town, they are staying in our bedroom.

I am excited for Tomorrow, Monday Morning when I drive to work as Iíll finally get a chance to test out my new STAGE 2 EC Tune!!! I pray nothing goes wrong and if it feels any better than the Stage 1 Tune, Iíll be a happy camper.

If it feels dramatically faster, Iíll be in Heaven.
TexasBenzBandit is offline  
Old 07-08-2019, 12:39 AM
  #44  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Klinh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,924
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Slk55, Clk500 Cab., C350, Civic
Originally Posted by TexasBenzBandit View Post
I loaded My Eurocharged Stage 1 Tune last weekend. As soon as it finished loading. I turned off for a minute and then started it and No Codes. Then I double tapped the gas pedal in Park with the car still in my garage, INSTANTLY I noticed it revved Quickly and I could already Tell a difference before I drive the car.

Took car car out and there was no Learning (Iím sure it learns as time goes by), but I noticed a HUGE and immediate change in the carís performance. Felt Amazing with NO Lag.

i was going to change to my Stage 2 Tune I bought and brought it back to Stock first (long story). I went for a short drive and it felt so Sluggish compared to having the Stage 1 Tune on the car.

The next morning on Saturday I downloaded my Stage 2 Tune and luckily everything seemed to go fine, started car up and I immediately noticed the throttle response increasing dramatically.

I haven't driven the car yet, crazy I know but I wasnít able to drive and had my wifeís parents in town, they are staying in our bedroom.

I am excited for Tomorrow, Monday Morning when I drive to work as Iíll finally get a chance to test out my new STAGE 2 EC Tune!!! I pray nothing goes wrong and if it feels any better than the Stage 1 Tune, Iíll be a happy camper.

If it feels dramatically faster, Iíll be in Heaven.

I donít get it. You never took it out for a test drive but yet it seem to be faster with stage 2. Why can you wait for a real feedback.

Last edited by Klinh; 07-09-2019 at 01:12 AM.
Klinh is offline  
Old 07-08-2019, 12:48 AM
  #45  
Junior Member
 
LessIsMore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: DFW, Texas
Posts: 45
Likes: 0
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2017 AMG C63
Clickbait lol
LessIsMore is offline  
Old 07-08-2019, 11:35 PM
  #46  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 115
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
You read it wrong bro. I Drove Stage 1 all week. Huge noticeable Difference, as I said above. Get H.O.P., it will change your life....(hooked on phonics).

I loaded Stage 2 Sunday over the weekend and just drove it today. Yes as of yesterday I hadn’t driven Stage 2 because I had family in and we weren’t home all day after I loaded it. But I HAD driven Stage 1 for a whole Week, which is exactly what I said. It’s Badass. I’m 100% Happy. I was so worried the car would drive poorly, feel jerky, or surge, but so far it’s great. Jerry and Casem and Solomon and everyone at Eurocharged has been there before and after the sale.


Click Bait. I could care less if YOU click. Don’t come back here and if you do, which I welcome you since I'm nice, don't Cry, please. I’m here to help people on here that are interested in getting a Tune. And I’m not interested in helping people like you who jump on other people's threads and have nothing relevant to say or contribute.

I'm going to be doing an official Review on my EC Tune as I told EC I would after I’ve driven the tunes for a bit. I’m going to create a separate Thread so it’s short and to the point with Just the review. As this threads a mess and all over the place.

BUT, so far no slipping at all on Stage 1 or 2. I was scared about that as 1 person that I’ve been PM’ing had an issue.

I took off to work today and Stage 2 with Aggressive Pops and Burbles was Noticeably Faster than Stage 1. And the Pops was so Loud when they happened. I don’t have a lot of time on stage 2 yet, but I was getting Pops and Gurgles several times on Comfort Mode when I drive aggressive, which has never happened Before.

I’ll try to create a New Thread and keep it simple and then answer any questions you guys have. It’s so easy to load. I’ve done it 3 times now and it takes under 10 minutes.

I also was a rebel and didn’t use a battery charger. My battery had a good charge and it doesn’t draw much current. I’m not worried.

I just ordered my AWE SwitchPath Conversion Kit this afternoon. Love the Track but don’t live it ALL the time. Hope this helps to tame the Beast when needed.

Last edited by TexasBenzBandit; 07-10-2019 at 12:09 AM.
TexasBenzBandit is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 01:57 AM
  #47  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 115
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
Update Stage 2 is Fast! Especially in S+. In C. Itís still a decent ride not jerky.

I want to have something to Increase to and grow into. SoI put it back to Stage 1 just to get a feel for it.


Then when when I put Stage 2 back itís going to be even faster. I think Iím already ready to put in Stage 2 back on. It was definitely noticeable faster and aggressive than Stage 1. Again, especially in S+ And the Pops were So Aggressive And happened more often.

Iím not planning on jacking with the car anymore, just a Tune and Exhaust (AWE SwitchPath). I just ordered Switchpath Conversion Kit to change my current AWE Track into a Switchpath, which adds a set of mufflers and the ability to Open and Close Valves to allow you to go from Wild to Mild. When valves are shut, the exhaust is routed through the Mufflers and I was told by AWE that will take care of drone when I want a more refined ride.

If I had 1 thing to do to this car, itís a Tune! It makes the Car 100% better than it already was. Made a huge difference and it drives even smoother than before.

Anyone whi who has any good tune knows what I mean.

Last edited by TexasBenzBandit; 07-11-2019 at 02:07 AM.
TexasBenzBandit is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 10:43 AM
  #48  
Super Member
 
raudiace4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 712
Received 97 Likes on 84 Posts
2017 C63S coupe
Do a 3rd gear WOT pull from 60 mph and time it compared to stock or any other tuner's tune. Hope you don't have clutch slip
raudiace4 is offline  
Old 07-11-2019, 03:21 PM
  #49  
Senior Member
 
gOt BoOsT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sac, Ca
Posts: 380
Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Ď17 GT F1A E85 Monster Ď16 C63s
^Draggy would be the most accurate way to compare 60-100+mph or 40-100mph etc
gOt BoOsT is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 02:20 AM
  #50  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: TEXAS
Posts: 115
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
2017 AMG C63, 2001 C5 Corvette
I havenít had any clutch slip whatsoever so Iím not worried about that anymore luckily.

Funny, I JUST got a Dragy delivered to me after work I bought off eBay. I havenít done any runs with it yet, but tested out the MPH it was basically right, it was 1 MPH off.

Cars back to stock as of today as Iím waiting for a tune and had to bring back to stock. EC helped me today using TeamViewer. Jerry is on Vacation so hope my tune comes over the weekend.

Iím going to do some Dragy runs to see the difference before and after the Tune. Iíll put it in my New Thread when I do the review.

Can you describe exactly what to do when you say a 3rd gear run at 60mph. So I just put it in Sports + and get going 60mph and put in 3rd gear. Do I use Auto Shift Mode vs. Manual?

Just want to understand what to do.
TexasBenzBandit is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Pulled Trigger On Eurocharged C63 AMG Tune!


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: