Notices
C63/C63S AMG
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My first misfire - 2019 AMG C63s Coupe

 
Old 07-03-2019, 01:35 AM
  #51  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 46
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2019 C63S Sedan
Originally Posted by Ben Khoshabeh View Post
I still don't have an ETA on my car as it seems like the parts are on back-order...
I asked about release notes on the ECU update but I didn't get a solid answer. My assumption is that they'll never release those information to owners? But honestly, when i picked up the car last week and before having my second and third misfires the same day, I noticed more pops and crackles from the exhaust but I may be wrong at the same time since I was driving a ****ty C300 loaner...

My Sales Associate was telling me they once had a cab misfiring when they were unloading the car for the first time to dealership few months ago.
Hoping the ECU update did something for the exhaust!

Did they manage to solve your misfires though? Or are you still waiting for parts?
Profomo is online now  
Old 07-03-2019, 01:45 AM
  #52  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 100
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by Profomo View Post
Hoping the ECU update did something for the exhaust!

Did they manage to solve your misfires though? Or are you still waiting for parts?
Still waiting for parts. No ETA so far.
Ben Khoshabeh is offline  
Old 07-06-2019, 08:45 PM
  #53  
Super Member
 
NYCSoiL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 734
Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe; Tesla M3P
Just had this happen with my car, kick down at around 20MPH to accelerate into the highway, the car chocked for a second and check engine light started flashing and became solid. Pulled over, the engine was rattling. Restarted the car, drove home for 5 miles no issues. Was driving in Europe on Shell V-Power 100, dealer fueled the car with unknown ****, and I just put a full tank of Shell V-Power 93 minutes before the misfire..

Last edited by NYCSoiL; 07-06-2019 at 08:47 PM.
NYCSoiL is offline  
Old 07-06-2019, 09:57 PM
  #54  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 100
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL View Post
Just had this happen with my car, kick down at around 20MPH to accelerate into the highway, the car chocked for a second and check engine light started flashing and became solid. Pulled over, the engine was rattling. Restarted the car, drove home for 5 miles no issues. Was driving in Europe on Shell V-Power 100, dealer fueled the car with unknown ****, and I just put a full tank of Shell V-Power 93 minutes before the misfire..
Welcome to the club man. My car had been sitting in the dealership waiting for coil packs and possibly other parts from Germany. Take it to your dealership and refer to this thread.
Ben Khoshabeh is offline  
Old 07-07-2019, 09:44 AM
  #55  
Super Member
 
NYCSoiL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 734
Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe; Tesla M3P
Just drove the car hard again, seems to be fine now..
NYCSoiL is offline  
Old 07-07-2019, 12:21 PM
  #56  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 44
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
c63s
It will drive fine but you will get a misfire again (in a couple of miles) and then the CEL light will be on, and you will need to bring it in eventually. So I would bring it back or wait until you get it to the states.
Chino075 is offline  
Old 07-07-2019, 12:53 PM
  #57  
Super Member
 
NYCSoiL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 734
Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by Chino075 View Post
It will drive fine but you will get a misfire again (in a couple of miles) and then the CEL light will be on, and you will need to bring it in eventually. So I would bring it back or wait until you get it to the states.
The car is in states, misfire happened right after I put the US gas in it for the first time. Had 0 issues on European gas..
NYCSoiL is offline  
Old 07-07-2019, 07:38 PM
  #58  
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: New York
Posts: 44
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
c63s
I see, but I definitely recommend getting it looked at. Once you get a misfire, you will get another one, it's just the nature of the coil packs.
Chino075 is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 10:16 PM
  #59  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 100
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
My car has been pretty high for the past 20 days or so...

Ben Khoshabeh is offline  
Old 07-12-2019, 10:47 PM
  #60  
Super Member
 
NYCSoiL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 734
Received 82 Likes on 76 Posts
2019 C63S Coupe; Tesla M3P
Originally Posted by Ben Khoshabeh View Post
My car has been pretty high for the past 20 days or so...
Man, it really sucks... did they tell you what parts are on order?
NYCSoiL is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 12:42 AM
  #61  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 100
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
2019 AMG C63S
Originally Posted by NYCSoiL View Post
Man, it really sucks... did they tell you what parts are on order?
Coil pack. Apparently they’re unique for our new engines? Meaning that you can’t use previous year parts...
Ben Khoshabeh is offline  
Old 07-13-2019, 06:39 PM
  #62  
Xec
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: TX
Posts: 189
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts
2019 C63S Sedan
Past 30 days you might qualify for lemon law
Xec is offline  
Old 07-15-2019, 10:40 PM
  #63  
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 1
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
December 2017 Build C63s Sedan
Originally Posted by Ben Khoshabeh View Post
Coil pack. Apparently they’re unique for our new engines? Meaning that you can’t use previous year parts...
Currently have same issue on my 2018 C63s sedan (From Australia) - did you get the coils?
Krystal Fuller is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My first misfire - 2019 AMG C63s Coupe


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: