MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   STOCK vs. AMG PERFORMANCE Exhaust 2018 model (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/750112-stock-vs-amg-performance-exhaust-2018-model.html)

Perminder Singh 07-10-2019 09:24 PM

STOCK vs. AMG PERFORMANCE Exhaust 2018 model

Hello, I saw a used c63s coupe 2018 with low mileage for sale near me however, I noticed it doesn't come with a perf exhaust. Is the perf exhaust louder than the standard? I know that the perf exhaust has the button in the center console but besides that is there any difference between the two? Will the stock exhaust have pops and crackles? should this be a deal-breaker ?

Cascade1 07-10-2019 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Perminder Singh (Post 7800051)
Hello, I saw a used c63s coupe 2018 with low mileage for sale near me however, I noticed it doesn't come with a perf exhaust. Is the perf exhaust louder than the standard? I know that the perf exhaust has the button in the center console but besides that is there any difference between the two? Will the stock exhaust have pops and crackles? should this be a deal-breaker ?

I thought the S came standard with performance exhaust?

Steve--O 07-10-2019 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Cascade1 (Post 7800091)

I believe it was a $1250 option even on the S version.

Tuxdude 07-11-2019 01:11 AM

Originally Posted by Cascade1 (Post 7800091)

In the US, with 2019 it's a standard option in both S and non-S models. But in 2018 and earlier it was an optional extra.

TexasBenzBandit 07-11-2019 01:46 AM

It’s nice to have BUT you can buy an aftermarket exhaust. That’s what I did. I got a AWE Track Edition. May be a little too loud ALL the time.

So so I added a SwitchPath Conversion Kit. They sell a Switchpath exhaust that is similar to Performance Exhaust only in the fact you can Open and Close Valves via a Remote Control FOB.

Closed is slightly louder than stock, Open is quite a bit louder than Performance Exhaust as it’s basically straight pipes. I just ordered the Switchpath Conversion Kit so when I install it, I’ll be able to review how it sounds when valves are closed. Plus it adds a set of mufflers where NOW I don’t have any mufflers. I think it’s going to be best if both worlds.

But it if I could have gotten a Performance Exhaust I would have likely just left things alone and not done an aftermarket exhaust.

Pete H 07-11-2019 05:16 PM

Stock non performance exhaust has the same pops and crackles

FearlessFarris 07-11-2019 05:57 PM

I'm glad I have the Performance Exhaust, but it's hardly a night and day difference. Don't let that be a deal breaker for you.

As others have pointed out, if this really turns out to be a concern for you down the road, there are several good aftermarket solutions available to you.