Sponsored by:

Nav update done today at dealer and exhaust is quieter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 12:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts
2018 AMG GTR, 2017 GLS63, 2019 C63s
OP, you will have both TPMS views. The normal is the 3/4. The one from top is when attention is needed. This does not necessarily mean one or more warning (yellow) low or high pressure tires. Don't be bothered by this as I have seen both of those displays in my 2016 205 irrespective of any dealer visits or software updates. Also keep in mind that the dealer gets paid when they do updates, so if they have done it, it will show up on your write up or they don't get paid ( by MB, that is). My vote is that they may have reset your transmission, which means a relearn process was done and that usually mutes the cars performance, and possibly sound. The remedy is to go out and flog the car on 3-4 drives and reteach it your style of driving. Hopefully that will solve your problem. Also you might want to check the exhaust valve to make sure they are operative.

EDIT: there is a problem there with the exhaust!. Could be software as the dealer may have messed up the set up during the navi update. The update may have components that update the 'head unit' which is basically the Comand and is in charge of changing your exhaust settings. I don't have a lot of personal experience with this but look at this:

https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-...aler-mode.html

Last edited by cyberorth; 07-13-2019 at 01:13 AM.
Old 07-13-2019, 08:28 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2016 C63S
Originally Posted by C63AMGdriver
Ok so there must be something wrong! Thanks for the pic I appreciate it.
Oh wow lol. Your ears didn’t deceive you then...I bet that is a pretty dramatic change being stuck in quiet mode! Please let us know what pans out. Very interesting that they screwed something up and it’s stuck like that.