MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   Nav update done today at dealer and exhaust is quieter (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/750221-nav-update-done-today-dealer-exhaust-quieter.html)

C63AMGdriver 07-12-2019 03:26 AM

Nav update done today at dealer and exhaust is quieter

Well I took my c63 coupe to Mercedes for some recall repairs and a tpms issue. While it was there they said there was a navigation update, and the service rep mentioned a software update a few times but my paperwork only shows navigation update.

however on the instrument cluster display , the image for the tire pressure is different now. It used to show an aerial view with all 4 corners to tire pressure, now it’s a picture of a c63 at 3/4 view with the tire pressures listed. This leads me to believe there was some sort of additional software update beyond the navigation.

anyway, the exhaust sounds extremely muted in sport + and it’s driving me crazy. I pretty much only drive in sport + , so I am very aware of the sound and the amount of crackle and pop I usually get. It now sounds like it’s in the other dynamic modes even though I clearly have it on sport + and the exhaust is open.

any ideas? I contacted the service rep and she said nothing they did affected the exhaust? Could she be misinformed?

Thanks

Profomo 07-12-2019 03:49 AM

believe this has been discussed many times on previous threads, best to do a search

Defiant81 07-12-2019 07:30 AM

What year?

playalistic 07-12-2019 08:01 AM

Originally Posted by Defiant81 (Post 7801262)
What year?

Their profile says 2017.

ezatnova 07-12-2019 08:38 AM

Ask for the code for the update that was applied. Also ask if it involved the recall. Sometimes if it’s reset it just needs to relearn a bit, but so,e have reported that the latest recall software rushes up shifts and removed some exhaust pop noise.

C63AMGdriver 07-12-2019 11:35 AM

It’s a 2017, and the code for the update on my paperwork shows 829900
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...4ee5042c4.jpeg

ezatnova 07-12-2019 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by C63AMGdriver (Post 7801383)
It’s a 2017, and the code for the update on my paperwork shows 829900
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...4ee5042c4.jpeg

That does just seem like a Navi update. You might need to call and have the writer grab the tech and ask if they did the recall campaign on the engine/trans software.

I’ve even had it go the other way due to dealer incompetence, and the writer told me it was updated, and I could tell it wasn’t, and sure enough after asking the tech, they admitted they didn’t do it lol

C63AMGdriver 07-12-2019 12:22 PM

I just inquired and she said she spoke to the tech and they didn’t do anything besides the NAV update.

does the graphic for the tire pressure change on the instrument cluster from the NAV update? This is what’s leading me to believe that something else was done that she is either denying or has no clue about.

ezatnova 07-12-2019 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by C63AMGdriver (Post 7801442)
I just inquired and she said she spoke to the tech and they didn’t do anything besides the NAV update.

does the graphic for the tire pressure change on the instrument cluster from the NAV update? This is what’s leading me to believe that something else was done that she is either denying or has no clue about.

Personally not sure about that one. I can tell you that I also was surprised to see the much nicer, changed graphic randomly one day when I decided to look at my pressures. I have no idea when it changed, but I am quite sure mine used to be a more plain overhead data display too, and then changed to the 3/4 view with my actual car, color and all!

msd3075 07-12-2019 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by ezatnova (Post 7801449)
Personally not sure about that one. I can tell you that I also was surprised to see the much nicer, changed graphic randomly one day when I decided to look at my pressures. I have no idea when it changed, but I am quite sure mine used to be a more plain overhead data display too, and then changed to the 3/4 view with my actual car, color and all!

Maybe I'm losing my mind, but I'm 99.9% sure my '15 C63S has always had the 3/4 car view on the tire pressure screen. It has never had the generic view you guys are talking about. I had my NAV software updated early last year, and I'm 100% sure that didn't change the graphic. I check my pressures pretty much every time I drive the car (Home button -> Up button 3X -> OK -> Down button 1X -> OK), so I would have noticed a difference immediately.

C63AMGdriver 07-12-2019 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by msd3075 (Post 7801564)
Maybe I'm losing my mind, but I'm 99.9% sure my '15 C63S has always had the 3/4 car view on the tire pressure screen. It has never had the generic view you guys are talking about. I had my NAV software updated early last year, and I'm 100% sure that didn't change the graphic. I check my pressures pretty much every time I drive the car (Home button -> Up button 3X -> OK -> Down button 1X -> OK), so I would have noticed a difference immediately.

100% positive this changed after service. I was monitoring the tire pressure on my way to the dealership.

atl 2 chi 07-12-2019 05:56 PM

Mine has always showed 3/4 of the vehicle. Moreless, it shows the car at an angle with the tire pressure beside each wheel. Even my C450 had the same view.

On another note, how do I find out if there is a software update?

msd3075 07-12-2019 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by C63AMGdriver (Post 7801730)
100% positive this changed after service. I was monitoring the tire pressure on my way to the dealership.

That's very strange. I've had pretty much every software version on my car over the last 4 years, and the tire pressure screen has been the 3/4 car view the entire time.

msd3075 07-12-2019 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by C63AMGdriver (Post 7801730)

Had the TPMS set off a low pressure warning? Now that I think of it, I had a '19 C300 as a loaner car not too long ago that had a slow tire leak, and I want to say the warning graphic was as you decribed.

C63AMGdriver 07-12-2019 06:14 PM

I forgot I took this picture, here is what the tire pressure look liked before going in for service.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e76054af19.png

here it is now

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...50aae9b1e.jpeg

Driving the car today and the exhaust is still muted, dealer thinks I’m nuts. I’m losing my mind!

msd3075 07-12-2019 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by C63AMGdriver (Post 7801770)
I forgot I took this picture, here is what the tire pressure look liked before going in for service.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...e76054af19.png

here it is now

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...50aae9b1e.jpeg

Driving the car today and the exhaust is still muted, dealer thinks I’m nuts. I’m losing my mind!

That's exactly what I was thinking in my comment above. The first graphic is the TPMS Warning read it that comes up when you have a tire reading below the threshold pressure. It is not the normal tire pressure graphic. If you would have reset the TPMS, you would have seen the 3/4 car view graphic.

C63AMGdriver 07-12-2019 07:06 PM

I have owned this car since december, and I check the tire pressure weekly on the display, and it has always been the aerial view. The warning light just came on last week.

The dealer just mentioned that also but again, I check the pressure every week and its always been like that view.

msd3075 07-12-2019 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by C63AMGdriver (Post 7801805)
I have owned this car since december, and I check the tire pressure weekly on the display, and it has always been the aerial view. The warning light just came on last week.

The dealer just mentioned that also but again, I check the pressure every week and its always been like that view.

Maybe your TPMS was never reset after it had previously went off? Because that isn't the normal screen at all. And it never has been.

C63AMGdriver 07-12-2019 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by msd3075 (Post 7801848)
Maybe your TPMS was never reset after it had previously went off? Because that isn't the normal screen at all. And it never has been.

This is what I’m wondering. That would explain it , but I’m still perplexed about the exhaust issue.

msd3075 07-12-2019 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by C63AMGdriver (Post 7801854)
This is what I’m wondering. That would explain it , but I’m still perplexed about the exhaust issue.

You can reset the "normal" pressures to whatever you want them to be by resetting the TPMS when the tires are at that pressure. I woukdn't be surprised if your car was set at the 48/48 psi pressures that so many dealers love to set the tires to at delivery or after service. And you've been driving around with the system thinking your tires were low this entire time. Makes sense why the rear tires are r4ading as low (text is yellow) when they are reading 40 psi.

Only thing with that is you'd think the generic Low Tire Pressure warning light every car had would be illuminated that entire time. But maybe it just turns off after a while, I don't know. Was the text of the rear tire pressures on the birds-eye readout always yellow colored?

C63AMGdriver 07-12-2019 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by msd3075 (Post 7801858)
You can reset the "normal" pressures to whatever you want them to be by resetting the TPMS when the tires are at that pressure. I woukdn't be surprised if your car was set at the 48/48 psi pressures that so many dealers love to set the tires to at delivery or after service. And you've been driving around with the system thinking your tires were low this entire time. Makes sense why the rear tires are r4ading as low (text is yellow) when they are reading 40 psi.

Only thing with that is you'd think the generic Low Tire Pressure warning light every car had would be illuminated that entire time. But maybe it just turns off after a while, I don't know. Was the text of the rear tire pressures on the birds-eye readout always yellow colored?

No they were always white.

Just turned yellow along with the warning light last week.

Slack Beries 07-12-2019 10:29 PM

My MY17 has had the 3/4 view tire graphic for at least a year.

Any chance you are driving on lower octane gas? I sometimes top off with a gallon or two of 100 octane since California only sells 91 otherwise. When I do this the exhaust is noticeably more lively.

C63AMGdriver 07-12-2019 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by Slack Beries (Post 7801917)
My MY17 has had the 3/4 view tire graphic for at least a year.

Any chance you are driving on lower octane gas? I sometimes top off with a gallon or two of 100 octane since California only sells 91 otherwise. When I do this the exhaust is noticeably more lively.

Always 91 octane here in the Bay Area.

Can someone check if the exhaust shows nothing like mine does in this pic? It’s the same in every mode, 2 dashes

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...69b7c1c67.jpeg

Slack Beries 07-13-2019 12:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
It's says Sport + when the exhaust is open.
Attachment 421452

C63AMGdriver 07-13-2019 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by Slack Beries (Post 7801973)
It's says Sport + when the exhaust is open.
Attachment 421452

Ok so there must be something wrong! Thanks for the pic I appreciate it.