MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   C63/C63S AMG (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg-215/)
-   -   BlackView DashCams (https://mbworld.org/forums/c63-c63s-amg/750254-blackview-dashcams.html)

FLC63s 07-12-2019 12:19 PM

BlackView DashCams

Ok.. so yea I purchased the DR900S-2CH 4K UHD version..ITS AMAZING...

but let me tell ya... it has a cloud service, which I was aware of and went thru the app to make sure I setup my system correctly, and then I logged into the cloud interface... WOWSER..

I am not sure if all these people know that they are broadcasting LIVE there cameras 24/7 ??
Video and Audio

I think this is my new GOTO for action watching during the day..

I just listen to a dude argue with his wife..lol... this is nuts.. WOW

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...db42091bd7.png

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.mbw...3162d39857.png

mrguitar 07-12-2019 12:24 PM

i also just decided to get this camera yesterday (1-channel version)...sounds like it was a good decision.

HOWEVER...

What the heck?? Can you opt to turn off the live streaming so everyone can watch? I mean, I don't care about you hearing me fart or something, but I don't want everyone all up in my bees knees...

that would be crazy if you can't secure that...?

FLC63s 07-12-2019 12:25 PM

Yes you can disable the PUBLIC view on it..

mrguitar 07-12-2019 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by FLC63s (Post 7801447)
Yes you can disable the PUBLIC view on it..

Oh okay phew. HAHA. I can't wait to watch other people too...hahaha

FLC63s 07-12-2019 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by mrguitar (Post 7801451)
Oh okay phew. HAHA. I can't wait to watch other people too...hahaha

just download the Blackview PC app, (I use MAC) but they have both, you create your cloud account, and BOOM... you got it..

I am watching some crazies driving in paris at the moment..

Feels sooo NAUGHTY... hmmm

mrguitar 07-12-2019 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by FLC63s (Post 7801454)
just download the Blackview PC app, (I use MAC) but they have both, you create your cloud account, and BOOM... you got it..

I am watching some crazies driving in paris at the moment..

Feels sooo NAUGHTY... hmmm

oh i'm so doing this right now

FLC63s 07-12-2019 12:46 PM

Random Car

2 Attachment(s)
LOL - I had to downsample the resolution to upload to this forum, but its nuts... lol

mrguitar 07-12-2019 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by FLC63s (Post 7801470)
LOL - I had to downsample the resolution to upload to this forum, but its nuts... lol

haha that's hilarious. i just spent the past 30 minutes trying to figure out why i couldn't create an account from the windows app...just kept error'ing out. anyway, i eventually tried download the iOS app and created an account there with no issues. it really is incredible...but there are a lot less watching options than i thought. most are parked and the ones that are driving seem mostly like big rigs, limos, etc. i saw a couple of regular cars. it's pretty awesome to see other countries...

only downside is 10 min viewing time per day for a free account. gotta upgrade to get to unlimited live viewing...oh well. we'll see if there's a reason to upgrade...FLC63s, have you found a good reason to upgrade to $10/mo?

FLC63s 07-12-2019 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by mrguitar (Post 7801570)
haha that's hilarious. i just spent the past 30 minutes trying to figure out why i couldn't create an account from the windows app...just kept error'ing out. anyway, i eventually tried download the iOS app and created an account there with no issues. it really is incredible...but there are a lot less watching options than i thought. most are parked and the ones that are driving seem mostly like big rigs, limos, etc. i saw a couple of regular cars. it's pretty awesome to see other countries...

only downside is 10 min viewing time per day for a free account. gotta upgrade to get to unlimited live viewing...oh well. we'll see if there's a reason to upgrade...FLC63s, have you found a good reason to upgrade to $10/mo?

LOL - you did go browse thru them didnt you.. lol...

Let me look at what I did, because I didnt pay anything... and wouldnt pay extra - I will see how and what I did and pass that along..

mrguitar 07-16-2019 07:29 PM

FLC63s, are you using parking mode with the power magic pro? how was your install? did you do it yourself?

FLC63s 07-16-2019 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by mrguitar (Post 7804810)
FLC63s, are you using parking mode with the power magic pro? how was your install? did you do it yourself?

Actually i did NOT use the power magic pro, after research i found lots of people had problems and it drained the car battery.

i opted for the power banks (batteries) and its been flawless. (Click here for info)

i had a local guy install, took @ 1 1/2 hours (he has done them before) and did an amazing job.
he charged me $200 for front/rear and battery pack.

For the wireless CLOUD feature, I got a $50 portable WiFi hotspot, that lasts a long time (longer than a cell phone for charging) and use that to connect my car to the cloud while parked.
(I turned off all notifications except impact while parked) since you will get notifications every second otherwise :-) Although I do have all events being logged to the cloud account.

NOTE: you do NOT need wireless in your car for the camera etc to work.. only if you want to remote view or control the camera while it's parked.
while driving, you can have it use your cell phone or whatever if you like.

The app does allow you to add multiple wireless connections, (home, office, etc) and it will try them in round-robin mode until it connects to one.
(you can set 1 of them to be "Garage" which will be the main one it tries to connect to when you park first.)

Pics to follow later today

DR63AMG 07-18-2019 05:01 AM

I have the 2ch dr900 and power bank. My battery warning goes off every 3 to 4 days of no use. I have had the battery checked independently and by mercedes for a dead cell, however it appears its the camera.

Will be having my guy look at it again to see why its draining the car battery as im sure he hard wired it.

Also noted the camera overheats a lot, even in our UK "sun" and thus connects and disconnects multiple times

Camera itself seems excellent however from a FOV and quality point of view

Profomo 07-18-2019 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by DR63AMG (Post 7806006)
I have the 2ch dr900 and power bank. My battery warning goes off every 3 to 4 days of no use. I have had the battery checked independently and by mercedes for a dead cell, however it appears its the camera.

Will be having my guy look at it again to see why its draining the car battery as im sure he hard wired it.

Also noted the camera overheats a lot, even in our UK "sun" and thus connects and disconnects multiple times

I recently had the dr900 2ch installed on my car and wanted the battery pack from blackvue installed as well, was advised not to use theirs as some of their customers had issues of it draining the battery when it shouldn't be.

They recommended to use the one from iRoad instead, a 10000mah battery. So far no issues, takes about 30-45min drive to charge it to full, and the app works quite well to monitor temps and charge left

FLC63s 07-18-2019 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Profomo (Post 7806062)
I recently had the dr900 2ch installed on my car and wanted the battery pack from blackvue installed as well, was advised not to use theirs as some of their customers had issues of it draining the battery when it shouldn't be.

They recommended to use the one from iRoad instead, a 10000mah battery. So far no issues, takes about 30-45min drive to charge it to full, and the app works quite well to monitor temps and charge left

Correct that is what I came across as well...

FLC63s 07-18-2019 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by DR63AMG (Post 7806006)

@DR63AMG if you are using a POWER BANK , and your battery is drainng on the car, then your INSTALLER did a BAD job!.. NEVER NEVER should any of these items be connected to constant power, and more the battery packs, will charge when you are driving only, and when the car is OFF, the battery pack is not drawing any power at all from the car.

I have noticed lots of installers think they know mercedes electronics when they clearly dont.
depending on your car (model/year) but mostly, switch power is on the left side (drivers side) but some people tap into the panel on the passanger side (which is NON SWITCH) and will cause problems.

ALSO, remember that the car has a delay on when the computers switch off , which if an installer is just searching for a HOT wire, could tap into the wrong thing, and cause the car computers to never shut off, causing other issues as well.

I am in Florida, and it gets AFRICA HOT here, and I have not had any shutdown issues or warnings on the app due to heat. (are you using a BlackVue SD card or another brand) - some SD cards are to fast for the camera and cause it to overheat.
(NOTE: the camera does run on the warm to hot side, but that is normal for operation)

Djcrunchtime 07-19-2019 06:06 PM

@flc63s who did your install? I live in miami and was also concerned about this camera over heating. I want to get it professionally installed too

FLC63s 07-20-2019 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Djcrunchtime (Post 7807486)
@flc63s who did your install? I live in miami and was also concerned about this camera over heating. I want to get it professionally installed too

@Djcrunchtime will send you info via PM

GeNomeZ 07-20-2019 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by FLC63s (Post 7807815)
@Djcrunchtime will send you info via PM

Would you mind sending me the info as well? I’m live in Palm Beach and would like to know of a good installer. Thanks!

FLC63s 07-21-2019 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by GeNomeZ (Post 7807918)
Would you mind sending me the info as well? I’m live in Palm Beach and would like to know of a good installer. Thanks!

PM Sent

asc 07-23-2019 06:50 AM

This doesn't work at all on Android, does it?

FLC63s 07-23-2019 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by asc (Post 7809957)
This doesn't work at all on Android, does it?

They have an android app as well.... You dont need the app's for the camera to function, it records to an SD card, and you can download to your computer, or if you get the version with CLOUD, you can have it push all the video to the cloud.

(as far as I can tell, from other users, android works fine)

asc 07-23-2019 09:05 AM

Thanks, reviews I've read says it all Apple, and that the app doesn't work well for organizing and deleting the videos. It's tempting to add something like this, at least for collision and the like while parked, as you pointed out.

FLC63s 07-23-2019 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by asc (Post 7810021)
Thanks, reviews I've read says it all Apple, and that the app doesn't work well for organizing and deleting the videos. It's tempting to add something like this, at least for collision and the like while parked, as you pointed out.

Some people might expect it to be a “Live video camera” to watch all the time.

its not, it records great video when driving and if using parking mode.

Using the software on laptop it is very simple, using the “apps” it has some limitations due to the video file sizes and such.
(but this does not detract from the function and performance of the actual cameras.

i only use the app to check the battery life on the powerpak , if i get an alert of something i pull up the 1 min video.

otherwise i just go online and check what ever i need too.

morte 07-26-2019 04:23 AM

Im going to pick up a BlackVue DR900S-2CH and Power Magic Pro tomorrow.
Hopefully I dont end up with a flat battery after some use.

What location on your windscreen did you place it?

The Black Magic Pro has a switch on it so you can turn it off if you dont need the parking record working to save your battery.

https://www.blackvue.com.au/product/...wer-magic-pro/

FLC63s 07-26-2019 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by morte (Post 7812591)
Im going to pick up a BlackVue DR900S-2CH and Power Magic Pro tomorrow.
Hopefully I dont end up with a flat battery after some use.

What location on your windscreen did you place it?

The Black Magic Pro has a switch on it so you can turn it off if you dont need the parking record working to save your battery.

https://www.blackvue.com.au/product/...wer-magic-pro/

@morte I would highly recommend researching the POWER MAGIC PRO, prior to installation.

Also, not sure where you would mount that box, and have the switch accessible. ?? (without it looking like crap)

What the "Power Magic Pro" is supposed to do is allow you to use the cameras, to a certain level of discharge in your battery. Well out of most research I have done, people with MB, have had lots of issues .
(MB electrical systems and its checks and balances are not as straight forward as checking a battery voltage) since the car has different levels of electrical awakeness.

But hey.. just my .02

I went with the external battery pack, which reduces the risk of a drained car battery to "ZERO" , and I am actually adding a "ADD ON" module in the trunk to extend the battery life and add a "recharge" point for my AP.

Currently, I am using an AT&T Hotspot for internet connectivity when the car is parked and will be testing out adding the camera to the cars internet connection while I am driving (instead of it using my phone or AP)