Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

‘21 C63s Transmission Malfunction - Car Wouldn’t Move

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-15-2023, 12:32 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,654 Likes on 2,257 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by RavenM6
I got my car back from the body shop last Thursday after the front bumper re-spray. In my opinion, they matched the paint darn near to perfection. They also fixed the scratches on the black plastic trim pieces of the front bumper so I'm very pleased overall with how it turned out. I was going to drop it off to the tint shop to get the PPF re-installed, however the tint shop owner strongly recommended I wait at least 10-14 days until the paint is fully cured. My body shop said otherwise, but I didn't want to take any chances so I won't get the PPF done until next weekend. Once that's completed, I'll submit the paid invoices to the dealer for reimbursement.
Thanks for the update.
Old 03-14-2023, 07:51 PM

Received 130 Likes on 91 Posts
2010 BMW E63 M6 Coupe 2023 AMG C63s Coupe 2005 YZF-R1
I haven’t had much time to update the thread, but this happened again a little over a week ago. This time when backing into a parking spot, car was fully stopped, as soon as I went into reverse it froze up and the error popped up on the screen. Had to restart to get it to unfreeze.

I’m carefully weighing my options at this point 😒

Old 03-14-2023, 09:53 PM
Out Of Control!!

I haven’t had much time to update the thread, but this happened again a little over a week ago. This time when backing into a parking spot, car was fully stopped, as soon as I went into reverse it froze up and the error popped up on the screen. Had to restart to get it to unfreeze.

I’m carefully weighing my options at this point 😒

UGH..... what the. I am so sorry to hear about this disappointing update, they were "sooooo confident" it would had fixed it as well like you stated.
Old 03-14-2023, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
UGH..... what the. I am so sorry to hear about this disappointing update, they were "sooooo confident" it would had fixed it as well like you stated.
I know right? I really wanted to believe my SA when he said they were convinced they finally resolved the issue. But I had this bad feeling the joy would be short lived, sure enough the fun didn’t last.

I found a dealer build allocation that’s about to ship with the exact specs I want, except the color. It’s graphite gray, far off from the diamond white I wanted to keep but I don’t really mind it. At this point I think I can look past the color as long as I get a trouble free C63s. So we’ll see what happens!
Old 03-15-2023, 12:09 AM

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
2021 AMG C63S, 2008 C300, 2008 Lexus is350
I know right? I really wanted to believe my SA when he said they were convinced they finally resolved the issue. But I had this bad feeling the joy would be short lived, sure enough the fun didn’t last.

I found a dealer build allocation that’s about to ship with the exact specs I want, except the color. It’s graphite gray, far off from the diamond white I wanted to keep but I don’t really mind it. At this point I think I can look past the color as long as I get a trouble free C63s. So we’ll see what happens!
Very upsetting to hear this… Sorry you are having trouble with the vehicle again. As I suspected I did not believe the dealer when they told you they loaded “custom coding” into your vehicle. Your problem seems to be external to the transmission and related to one of 70 on board computers our vehicle has. I would take it back until they make it right. It’s not your fault your dealer doesn’t know how to run proper diagnostic’s. You never got me the fault code that the dealer recorded when you had that data logger installed. Sharing this information, I may be able to shed some light. Again sorry for the troubles. Best of luck. Keep us posted.
Old 03-15-2023, 09:06 AM
Out Of Control!!

I think that colour isn't bad but if u hate it that bad you could always wrap the vehicle later on, there are places that offer wraps in OEM colours, such as the colour you had on the old car but then new colour new experience? I think it isn't a bad idea to try a different colour after all and throw the negative experiences, the past behind.

Originally Posted by Shlick96
Very upsetting to hear this… Sorry you are having trouble with the vehicle again. As I suspected I did not believe the dealer when they told you they loaded “custom coding” into your vehicle. Your problem seems to be external to the transmission and related to one of 70 on board computers our vehicle has. I would take it back until they make it right. It’s not your fault your dealer doesn’t know how to run proper diagnostic’s. You never got me the fault code that the dealer recorded when you had that data logger installed. Sharing this information, I may be able to shed some light. Again sorry for the troubles. Best of luck. Keep us posted.
70? That is very specific, thanks for sharing. Will never know otherwise.
Old 03-15-2023, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Shlick96
Thanks Shlick96... yeah you were totally right in not believing them. I had my doubts too but really wanted to believe it was going to finally get resolved.

There won't be any more going back and forth on this matter anymore as Mercedes doesn't want to deal with the issue anymore, and frankly neither do I. Last time it was at the dealer for the software update, my SA informed me that MB mothership claims they have done all they can do. So in the event that the transmission malfunctions again, MB is prepared to lemon the car for me. I think that's the best case scenario at this stage given all I've had to deal with, and given what I would otherwise get for the car from a sale or trade-in. From what I researched, a buyback generally covers everything I put into the car's purchase price, less mileage deduction up to the first reported incident time. In my case, the first incident was at a very low mileage (less than 4k).

Thanks again to all those who've chimed in and for the support I've received in this thread, it's much appreciated! I'll post updates here when I know more regarding the MB buyback.
The following users liked this post:
jj18 (03-16-2023)
Old 03-16-2023, 11:29 AM

Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
I think that colour isn't bad but if u hate it that bad you could always wrap the vehicle later on, there are places that offer wraps in OEM colours, such as the colour you had on the old car but then new colour new experience? I think it isn't a bad idea to try a different colour after all and throw the negative experiences, the past behind.

70? That is very specific, thanks for sharing. Will never know otherwise.
This is my thinking as well. As much as I love the diamond white, perhaps it's best to leave the old color behind so I'm not reminded of all the issues I encountered with it. It's not like I really have a color choice anyway, as there are so far only 4 diamond white 2023's offered for sale in the entire country and all seem to have been sold or were customer orders when I inquired.

I don't mind the graphite gray magno at all, and the wife really loves that color almost as much as the diamond white so I'm probably going to pull the trigger. I thought about color wraps, but I don't think they're strong enough to offer the same level of protection as PPF. If anything, I might do a Xpel stealth wrap if I get a good enough deal otherwise I'll just be going with a full frontal clear PPF like my '21.

Old 03-18-2023, 12:26 AM
Out Of Control!!

This is my thinking as well. As much as I love the diamond white, perhaps it's best to leave the old color behind so I'm not reminded of all the issues I encountered with it. It's not like I really have a color choice anyway, as there are so far only 4 diamond white 2023's offered for sale in the entire country and all seem to have been sold or were customer orders when I inquired.

I don't mind the graphite gray magno at all, and the wife really loves that color almost as much as the diamond white so I'm probably going to pull the trigger. I thought about color wraps, but I don't think they're strong enough to offer the same level of protection as PPF. If anything, I might do a Xpel stealth wrap if I get a good enough deal otherwise I'll just be going with a full frontal clear PPF like my '21.
Sounds good, sounds like things will work out just fine for you, (FINALLY!) looking forward to delivery and seeing pictures of your new ride, most importantly, to see your smile and enjoying the vehicle with no more problems after going through all that.