AMG Winter Experience Austria

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-08-2023, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,979 Likes on 2,653 Posts
2019 C63CS
AMG Winter Experience Austria

Today I attended the AMG Winter Experience in Austria. Unfortunately, no snow in most of Europe at the moment, so they organized an alternative program mostly on wet surfaces, but they did manage to make enough snow for a drift circle. Was fun drifting the C63S coupe in the snow. We drove the A45S, C63S coupe and the EQE 53. I surprised myself by liking the EQE actually. Didn't miss the lack of an engine. It feels compact and like a cockpit inside. You do feel the weight when driven fast around a circuit as we did and it wallows around somewhat, but I liked it much better than the EQS 53. The artificial sounds actually kinda work in this car. AMG worked on it to blend in with the experience and the car felt very tight, but the battery depletes quickly if you regularly call up the performance it offers, especially in the cold weather. Still much preferred driving the C63S, but I'm somewhat more optimistic about the future.

The following users liked this post:
jj18 (01-08-2023)
Old 01-08-2023, 01:22 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,816 Likes on 2,398 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by superswiss
Today I attended the AMG Winter Experience in Austria. Unfortunately, no snow in most of Europe at the moment, so they organized an alternative program mostly on wet surfaces, but they did manage to make enough snow for a drift circle. Was fun drifting the C63S coupe in the snow. We drove the A45S, C63S coupe and the EQE 53. I surprised myself by liking the EQE actually. Didn't miss the lack of an engine. It feels compact and like a cockpit inside. You do feel the weight when driven fast around a circuit as we did and it wallows around somewhat, but I liked it much better than the EQS 53. The artificial sounds actually kinda work in this car. AMG worked on it to blend in with the experience and the car felt very tight, but the battery depletes quickly if you regularly call up the performance it offers, especially in the cold weather. Still much preferred driving the C63S, but I'm somewhat more optimistic about the future.

Thanks for the pictures and thanks for sharing the experience as well.
Old 01-08-2023, 02:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,979 Likes on 2,653 Posts
2019 C63CS
Also wanted to mentioned how surprisingly capable the FL C63S is on the slippery stuff thanks to the 9-stage traction control. This is really the first time I could fully explore the system. You can safely turn off ESP and then either set it to one of the higher numbers or completely off to be a hooligan on the snow at various degrees, or set it to one of the lower numbers and then you can essentially just stomp on the throttle and it regulates the torque to the rear wheels to take off drama free. It's night and day compared to the traditional types of traction control such as the one in the PFL, which if left on pretty much cuts all the power and gets you stuck, or you turn it off and then just spin the wheels.

Last edited by superswiss; 01-08-2023 at 02:33 PM.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:33 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,816 Likes on 2,398 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by superswiss
Also wanted to mentioned how surprisingly capable the FL C63S is on the slippery stuff thanks to the 9-stage traction control. This is really the first time I could fully explore the system. You can safely turn off ESP and then either set it to one of the higher numbers or completely off to be a hooligan on the snow at various degrees, or set it to one of the lower numbers and then you can essentially just stomp on the throttle and it regulates the torque to the rear wheels to take off drama free. It's night and day compared to the traditional types of traction control such as the one in the PFL, which if left on pretty much cuts all the power and gets you stuck, or you turn it off and then just spin the wheels.
Very nice! Thanks for sharing your experience.