MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   California (https://mbworld.org/forums/california-139/)
-   -   Bad Experience at EF1Motorsports in Signal Hill! (https://mbworld.org/forums/california/293050-bad-experience-ef1motorsports-signal-hill.html)

nlpamg 04-17-2009 03:22 PM

Bad Experience at EF1Motorsports in Signal Hill!

I've gone to EF1Motorsports for some time now and they have officially gone to the ****ter.

I've been a customer since about 2005 (and have taken multiple cars and even recommended them to others and on the board) but now I will NEVER EVER go back there again.

I went to them on Saturday April, 11 at about 9:30am to have the two front tires (from Tirerack) mounted on the C230 on my SSR's.

I know how slow EF1 is and I had my mom drive the C230 and I brought my M5 so we could just leave the C230 at the shop.

Fab, the owner, took a look at the wheels and told me "hey man, your rim is bent." Fab then proceeded to tell me, "yeah, we can fix them! just leave it with us and it'll be done by Tuesday. we'll even repolish them etc. you might as well have all four done!"

So, I went home, brought the two front stockies (I didn't have enough space to put all four in the car) and took it back to EF1 to have them put it on so I could leave the two front SSR's, my two brand new front tires, spacers, bolts, etc. so that EF1 could have the wheel fixed and polish both the front wheels.

On Saturday, Fab promised me he would have everything done by Tuesday. I told him that it was really important to have it done by Friday at the latest b/c I was going to take the C230 to Vegas. He assured me that it would be done by Tuesday. He gave me two prices a regular price and a cash price. He said that I should give him CASH right there. I said, I don't have any cash on me, how about I pay when I come pick them up and he was like "ok."

On Wednesday, I called him. I had to call at least 5 times b/c no one was picking up. When I asked him about it he was like "OH ****! Crap, I need to pick them up." I said, "no worries, as long as they're in by Friday, Friday morning."

Fab assured me that they would be in. I called him on Thursday and asked if they'll be ready Friday morning. He said, yes it will and he'll see me then and rushed me off the phone. I told him I'd be in at 9am.

I get there this morning (Friday) and he's not there. I look in the shop and my wheels are sitting there, they had not been touched since I put them there on Saturday. They didn't even touch the wheels, they've been sitting in the same spot since Saturday.

No one at the shop knew where Fab was. There were two other people waiting there PISSED as well. One guy told me he drove 80 miles to come there b/c Fab told him to come at 9am for an alignment. Well, there was an S4 on the alignment rack that apparently hadn't been moved for days.

I took my stuff and left. I'm glad I didn't pay him up front.

This really isn't the first time this has happened, but they were cool the other times. I remember when I dropped off my M3 to have them install coilovers, I dropped it off at 9am and he said pick it up at 3pm (when they supposedly close). I got there at 3pm and they JUST started to work on it. Needless to say, I got out of there at 5pm.

They are just completely disorganized and do not live up to their promises. There are much better shops out there. Do NOT go to EF1. Look, they don't even pick up their phones and their voicemail box is full.

Bad news.

MJ50 04-17-2009 04:43 PM

thx 4 the info phil...
u just cannot trust a shop that lies to u after lies... :X

nlpamg 04-17-2009 10:29 PM

To be fair to Fab, I got a couple calls from him today.

He apologized and said that he was a third party and that the place he uses to fix and polish wheels wasn't able to fix them and that he had to pick them up late yesterday and it was like that. He said he only told me what the other shop told him. He also said that he was under-staffed. He offered me a free oil change or alignment.

nlpamg 04-18-2009 10:36 PM

perhaps I was too angry and upset as to what happened that I acted pretty rash and lashed out in what I thought was a logical manner--posting on the forum. perhaps I should have been a little more level headed.

I do feel bad. I didn't mean to characterize Fab as a bad guy. he's not a bad guy, he's just short-handed and has pretty bad organization.

SoCalCLK 04-23-2009 10:57 AM

Thanks for letting us know, dude. I'm sure they are decent guys, perhaps just a little weak on the details/follow-up part of the business. Either way it happened and in our busy, professional world, stuff like that just means other places that can deliver will get the business.

Sometimes, it's worth paying more to get treated with respect.