Cigars Forum for cigar aficionados, reviews of top cigars world wide.

Any smokers?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 08:08 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Originally Posted by Kreuzfeuer
Jon's last post made me speechless. I simply don't know how I'd act if I had access to that many premium smokes at once.

If you ever feel like setting up a charity fund for poor kids that love cigars, put me at the top of that list.
LOL...Kreuzfeuer...you should have seen our last primo cigar and scotch poker party we had. Great time with a bunch of buzzed and loaded mid 40yr olds...lost my *** in poker...killed a Opus X charity box and several bottles of single malts (nothing below 20yr)!

But that is what it's all about...enjoying the stash with the crew! It's lovely to look at but better to hit them when you still can...life is WAY too short.

I'm telling you...we should consider getting the regular MBWorld "Any Smokers" crew down in Florida for a long weekend of golf, grilling, smokes, and scotch.

I'd be down with it...

Last edited by AMGfan; 12-19-2012 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:50 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
Originally Posted by AMGfan
LOL...Kreuzfeuer...you should have seen our last primo cigar and scotch poker party we had. Great time with a bunch of buzzed and loaded mid 40yr olds...lost my *** in poker...killed a Opus X charity box and several bottles of single malts (nothing below 20yr)!

But that is what it's all about...enjoying the stash with the crew! It's lovely to look at but better to hit them when you still can...life is WAY too short.

I'm telling...we should consider getting the regular MBWorld "Any Smokers" crew down in Florida for a long weekend of golf, grilling, smokes, and scotch.

I'd be down with it...
LOL if you arrange that, let me know. Would almost be worthy of a plane ticket

I'm only 28, but I'm an old soul
Old 12-19-2012, 09:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C300, Viper RT/10, E55
... mid mid 40yr olds...

I'd be down with it...
^^ +1

Goes without saying I'd be down.. let's make that happen Jon. I'll help arrange for sure.. We can look for a date 4-5 months from now... still great weather and gives the guys some time to plan..
Old 12-20-2012, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Bill...I'll throw out a couple of dates for late spring after the holidays. It would be nice to share some cigar love to the MBWorld crew! So...if you guys show up...no need to bring any cigars...I'll open up the humidors and wall of scotch for us.

Just some Christmas shopping from AndreGarcia.com. This is my 3rd order from them...pretty damn nice. The leather smell is intoxicating.

Old 12-20-2012, 08:17 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
1998 C43 AMG
Sorry guys, I only meet chicks on the interwebz.....
Old 12-21-2012, 12:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts
MB’s

I'm telling you...we should consider getting the regular MBWorld "Any Smokers" crew down in Florida for a long weekend of golf, grilling, smokes, and scotch.

I'd be down with it...
I am loving that idea! Keep us posted of where and when and I will see what I can do I would love to enjoy smokes with the mbworld crew!
Old 12-22-2012, 12:41 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

George...let me start planning something...I'll PM you guys.

Just got done with golf...cold by our standards...high 40's...then back nine was a lot better...60's. Front was ok...42...back better when it got warmer...37. Great cigars and company though...

Ready for golf...

Tabak Especial Cafe Con Leche...damn things are rare now...every vendor is on back order (I've got 4 on back order)...great start with coffee...

Padilla 1932 Signature...fantastic cigar but now discontinued...

Arturo Fuente Anejo #77 "The Shark"...top five in my book...especially one that has been aged...this one has been sitting pretty for year and half...

Padron 46 Year...my favorite Padron!

Hope ya'll have a great holidays and a safe one!
Old 12-22-2012, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 W205 C43 AMG
DAYUM Bill! Does a beeping sound off when she is backing up...nice!!!

I wish all you guys the best of luck in finding the right woman. It truly is a partnership...you have to ask yourself 3 questions...

1. Can you see yourself with this woman for 30-40yrs?
2. Can she be a positive force in you being successful?
3. Can she get along with your family?

Luckily, I could answer those questions with my #2. #1 wife I was thinking with my shaft and ***** (great piece of *** but a total succubus). Plus...she lets me handle all the money.... But I remember that hall passes aren't cheap if I want to roll the way I want to...

Ok...back to cigars...These are the ones I smoked this weekend at golf and for my wife's birthday party...she is Mexican and I surprised her with mariachis from our wedding party. Turned out great...

PS She is 6 months preggers and I can't wait to see our new baby girl
Great advice here, spoken like a man who knows the truth!

Congrats on the upcoming baby girl, btw. I know people are always thinking about having a son, but for a Dad, having a baby girl is totally amazing!! I speak form experience!
Old 12-22-2012, 07:43 PM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
^^^^ JR... Those Andy Garcias are looking awesome!! Loving the carbon and white one! I received one on my last B-day from my lady? I'll post pics later but the ones with the zippered accessory pockets are sweet. Wish mine had that. it's the only way to go. Shoot some dates over...Mid-March and on work for me. Merry Christmas guys!
Bill
Old 12-23-2012, 04:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Arturo Fuente Anejo(Christmas Cigar)

A fun weekend full of Christmas Parties I went in search of the Christmas Cigar also known as the Fuente Anejo. Not many of these around due to only being put out this time of the year. It has the same filler and binder as the Opus X cigars. They're wrapped in a dark Connecticut leaf Maduro leaf that's aged A very good stick indeed! I ended up buying a dozen of them. Run out and pick some up as they go very fast!
Any smokers?-x-fuente.bmp
Old 12-23-2012, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Thumbs up

George...let me start planning something...I'll PM you guys.

Just got done with golf...cold by our standards...high 40's...then back nine was a lot better...60's. Front was ok...42...back better when it got warmer...37. Great cigars and company though...

Ready for golf...

Tabak Especial Cafe Con Leche...damn things are rare now...every vendor is on back order (I've got 4 on back order)...great start with coffee...

Padilla 1932 Signature...fantastic cigar but now discontinued...

Arturo Fuente Anejo #77 "The Shark"...top five in my book...especially one that has been aged...this one has been sitting pretty for year and half...

Padron 46 Year...my favorite Padron!

Hope ya'll have a great holidays and a safe one!
Sounds great Jon! Looks like a great day of Golf I love those 1964 46th as well. There just amazing! That weather is cold by my standards as well. It was 35 in Sarasota a friend told me. Its all indoor driving range for us this time of the year in NY. No snow yet!

I spot a Fuente Anejo
Old 12-26-2012, 11:07 AM

SRT-6
While this certainly pales in comparison to the fine smokes above, I enjoyed a delightful Serie-G Figurado on Christmas Eve. I had forgotten what a great smoke this was, a bit more mellow than the V and it was only $6 retail.

Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas.
Attached Thumbnails Any smokers?-224976_10152377093610553_415336676_n.jpg  
Old 12-26-2012, 05:35 PM

1998 C43 AMG
Hoping all my cigar buds had a wonderful Christmas! Haven't been smokin' too much lately, have been having an episode with my acid reflux kickin' in. Damn thing makes me think I'm having a heart attack! I'm taking Prevacid, which seems to work and I'm due for a GI after the Holidays.

My gf tells me I am harboring too much stress which is causing me these 'anxiety' episodes. Any of you guys deal with this? Bill, could my body need adjusting? Went to the ER back in early November and had blood/urine work done, EKG, blood pressure, enzyme test and everything came back fine (other than having to lose some weight).

Sorry for the off-topic, but I feel I can use you guys like a sounding board, know what I mean?
Old 12-26-2012, 11:00 PM

SRT-6
Originally Posted by JohnnyRock
Hoping all my cigar buds had a wonderful Christmas! Haven't been smokin' too much lately, have been having an episode with my acid reflux kickin' in. Damn thing makes me think I'm having a heart attack! I'm taking Prevacid, which seems to work and I'm due for a GI after the Holidays.

My gf tells me I am harboring too much stress which is causing me these 'anxiety' episodes. Any of you guys deal with this? Bill, could my body need adjusting? Went to the ER back in early November and had blood/urine work done, EKG, blood pressure, enzyme test and everything came back fine (other than having to lose some weight).

Sorry for the off-topic, but I feel I can use you guys like a sounding board, know what I mean?
Stupid question, but do you drink coffee late at night? I've noticed that anytime I have a coffee after 8pm, I wake up in the middle of the night with wicked heartburn. Stress is certainly a contributor... perhaps we need to smoke as often as Jon
Old 12-27-2012, 09:20 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I started having reflux back in my early 30's...when it happened it usually woke me up in the middle of the night and lasted 3-4 hrs. I would have to sit up...didn't help...take OTC meds...didn't help...I just had to ride things out or make myself throw up (don't advise that).

It subsided after I lost 25lbs and got better with my diet...and didn't eat late at night. It came back in my early 40's when I gained some weight back and didn't care about what I ate...but it was a little different...about 4 yrs ago I had a reflux attack that was a doozy...triggered by some fried bologna I had earlier (yea I know)...it would not stop and lasted like 8hrs.

I finally dragged my *** to the ER...my liver function were up and they gave me some heavy duty pain killers. They did some tests and found out my gallbladder needed to come out and I've had issues with it for years and didn't even know...so my reflux may have really been issues with my gallbladder. So they took it out via scope...a week's recover...and I haven't had issues with reflux since then.

I'd have everything checked out with your primary care physician...or go to your gastroenterologist. Having recurrent reflux and not dealing with the root causes of it could lead to Barrett's Esophagus which is much worse in the long run.

I know your pain JRock...it sucks. It's not even a sharp pain but a slow burn that you just want to take your hand and shove it down your throat and pull all the bad ****e out...no sleep and no position you place yourself makes it better...good luck brother.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The backorder of the Tabak Especial cafe con leches came in...I'll be golden for awhile...

Old 12-27-2012, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
03SL55

JR, start a regimen of jogging and lifting weights, its the cure for anxiety. You dont have to go crazy, start with jogging a mile and a few light sets with weights. You should start feeling better within a week.
Old 12-27-2012, 12:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

+1...weight loss (corresponding with low fat diet) and stress relief from regular exercise is the best way to reduce reflux
Old 12-27-2012, 03:32 PM

1998 C43 AMG
Hey guys, I'm a bit overwhelmed with all of the positive feedback. This post may be a bit long and off-topic, but please bear with me as I feel it is important to spread good knowledge.

Stupid question, but do you drink coffee late at night? I've noticed that anytime I have a coffee after 8pm, I wake up in the middle of the night with wicked heartburn. Stress is certainly a contributor... perhaps we need to smoke as often as Jon
Good point, kreuz. No, I generally do not drink coffee late at night. These recent episodes have forced me to re-evaluate my lifestyle, especially my eating habits. To that end, I've stopped drinking my daily cup of joe, at least temporarily. A cup may not seem like much, but my cup is typically 20-24 oz. and strong. My taste in coffee leans towards the fuller-roasts (like my cigars!).

This is a good point because at the top of the list of foods that affects AR and/or GERDs (gastroesophogeal reflux disease) is caffeine. Carbonated drinks can also play a role and I have also dropped those from my diet as well (but moreso for the sugar content).

I started having reflux back in my early 30's...when it happened it usually woke me up in the middle of the night and lasted 3-4 hrs. I would have to sit up...didn't help...take OTC meds...didn't help...I just had to ride things out or make myself throw up (don't advise that).

It subsided after I lost 25lbs and got better with my diet...and didn't eat late at night. It came back in my early 40's when I gained some weight back and didn't care about what I ate...but it was a little different...about 4 yrs ago I had a reflux attack that was a doozy...triggered by some fried bologna I had earlier (yea I know)...it would not stop and lasted like 8hrs.

I finally dragged my *** to the ER...my liver function were up and they gave me some heavy duty pain killers. They did some tests and found out my gallbladder needed to come out and I've had issues with it for years and didn't even know...so my reflux may have really been issues with my gallbladder. So they took it out via scope...a week's recover...and I haven't had issues with reflux since then.

I'd have everything checked out with your primary care physician...or go to your gastroenterologist. Having recurrent reflux and not dealing with the root causes of it could lead to Barrett's Esophagus which is much worse in the long run.
Sorry to quote Jon's entire post here, but this is really the "meat of the matter", in my opinion. Weight and diet is an important part of daily life - especially for those of us over-40. (I know, it sucks getting old!)

Ideally, I need to lose 50 lbs. But as Jon's doctor pointed out, I should also start with 25. I'm on my way, strictly from changing my diet and being mindful of what I eat. I'd love to see what happens if I ever get back into the gym!

As a personal note, I'm not the type of guy to see a doctor. Certainly not on a regular basis. I haven't had a physical exam since 1997? Too long, especially as you get older. Part of my thing is that I don't carry health insurance. Not a smart move, especially as you get older.

JR, start a regimen of jogging and lifting weights, its the cure for anxiety. You dont have to go crazy, start with jogging a mile and a few light sets with weights. You should start feeling better within a week.
kustom - Couldn't agree with you more! I used to love hitting the gym and I feel this is important because it's been over 10-years since I've had a regular workout routine. It's amazing how fast and how far a guy can get out of shape. Based on my research, I feel exercise is one of the best things a guy can do as he hits 40.

So, bottom line is, guys, watch what you eat and get moving! Take JonR's advice and see your doc. This AR thing is no joke, it made me think I was having a heart attack....Then I get anxiety attacks thinking of having a heart attack! I have to remind myself to stay calm and relax. Thanks for the input.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

First of all...Happy New Year my fellow "Any Smokers" crew...and please have a safe one. I can only wish you all the best of health and success in the upcoming year. I want to reiterate...you have an open invitation to mi casa for some stogies and scotch if you are ever in the area and my schedule permits.

I'll start working on actually getting a gathering together for the hardcore crew...

Back on topic...

Golf yesterday...it poured for 10 holes but we stuck it out...considering the weather...I'll take an 84. Most of the time my buddy and I kept telling each other..."PROTECT the cigars!"

Mighty fine cigars...aging island cigars is a must for them to bring out the tobacco.

King George and some cigars on a cool and windy Sunday afternoon...

Old 12-31-2012, 06:15 PM

1998 C43 AMG
Jon, that looks like a great stash for golf! But no Padrons?!?! Happy New Year, everyone. Looking forward to 2013!

What's your last smoke gonna be for 2012???? I'm leaning towards a 1926 Padron maduro....But we'll have to wait and see!
Old 01-01-2013, 12:38 AM

SRT-6
What's your last smoke gonna be for 2012???? I'm leaning towards a 1926 Padron maduro....But we'll have to wait and see!
Grabbed another AB Tempus from the box, the 40° weather was a bit chilly to smoke in. On the bright side, my scotch stayed nice and cool
Old 01-01-2013, 12:40 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Jon, that looks like a great stash for golf! But no Padrons?!?! Happy New Year, everyone. Looking forward to 2013!

Golf today...Front nine disaster...44...recovered on the back...39.

My New Year smokes...

My New Years Cigar...first cigar of 2013!!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 01:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Happy New Year everyone!!

Hope everyone had a wonderful and safe evening. I ended up enjoying a wonderful Padron 3000 last night as my final cigar for 2012. I went out with a good one for sure. Never really got around to the 3000's that much but I may be doing more of them in the near future Looks like we were all doing the Padron's last night
Any smokers?-padron-3000.bmp
Old 01-03-2013, 12:22 AM

C300, Viper RT/10, E55
Hey guys, I'm a bit overwhelmed with all of the positive feedback. This post may be a bit long and off-topic, but please bear with me as I feel it is important to spread good knowledge.

Good point, kreuz. No, I generally do not drink coffee late at night. These recent episodes have forced me to re-evaluate my lifestyle, especially my eating habits. To that end, I've stopped drinking my daily cup of joe, at least temporarily. A cup may not seem like much, but my cup is typically 20-24 oz. and strong. My taste in coffee leans towards the fuller-roasts (like my cigars!).

This is a good point because at the top of the list of foods that affects AR and/or GERDs (gastroesophogeal reflux disease) is caffeine. Carbonated drinks can also play a role and I have also dropped those from my diet as well (but moreso for the sugar content).

Sorry to quote Jon's entire post here, but this is really the "meat of the matter", in my opinion. Weight and diet is an important part of daily life - especially for those of us over-40. (I know, it sucks getting old!)

Ideally, I need to lose 50 lbs. But as Jon's doctor pointed out, I should also start with 25. I'm on my way, strictly from changing my diet and being mindful of what I eat. I'd love to see what happens if I ever get back into the gym!

As a personal note, I'm not the type of guy to see a doctor. Certainly not on a regular basis. I haven't had a physical exam since 1997? Too long, especially as you get older. Part of my thing is that I don't carry health insurance. Not a smart move, especially as you get older.

kustom - Couldn't agree with you more! I used to love hitting the gym and I feel this is important because it's been over 10-years since I've had a regular workout routine. It's amazing how fast and how far a guy can get out of shape. Based on my research, I feel exercise is one of the best things a guy can do as he hits 40.

So, bottom line is, guys, watch what you eat and get moving! Take JonR's advice and see your doc. This AR thing is no joke, it made me think I was having a heart attack....Then I get anxiety attacks thinking of having a heart attack! I have to remind myself to stay calm and relax. Thanks for the input.
Jrock, sorry to hear you've been going through the AR thing.. I've actually had quite a few patients with it.. usually as others have said, diet, exercise and weight plays a big part of it. I'll shoot you over a PM either tomorrow or the next day as time permits with some thoughts... I have a little experience with this.

JRock, JR, George, Kreuz... wishing all you guys a very happy and prosperous new year.. It's going to be an interesting year for me the way 2012 ended. Looking forward to getting together with whomever can make it to So. Fl though.. let's keep that project going JR!

Spent NYE in Las Vegas.. .always a crazy time.. Drove out there solo (first time doing that I think.. ).. had a good weekend and NYE though.. I'll have to post some pic's of a few of the ladies I met.. Took a few cigars and only smoked one.. wtf all these people smoke cigarette's at the playing tables but look at you like your crazy when you light up a cigar...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.