Cigars Forum for cigar aficionados, reviews of top cigars world wide.

Any smokers?

Old 03-23-2013, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Guys...I've heard good things about the Warlock, too. I've never personally smoked it but the guys I trust vouch for it.

I've just got done feeding Flor...planning to light one up later when wifey gets back and gives me a break.

J

PS Watching Ipman and Ipman 2 right now...fantastic...click on this fight scene below...

Last edited by AMGfan; 03-23-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:04 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

06 SL65 / 97 993tt /11 Suburban/ 2012 GTR (AMG è la mia Famiglia la Bestia è la mia protezione)
Had a break today and watched some golf with a buddy of mine...

Montecristo Edmundo...man...what a smooth medium bodied cigar...great ash, tons of smoke, and perfect draw.

Tabak Especial Cafe Con Leche...

Last edited by AMGfan; 03-23-2013 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:12 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
SRT-6
Originally Posted by AMGfan
Watching Ipman and Ipman 2 right now...fantastic...click on this fight scene below...
Now that's some skill. Makes me miss my MMA days...

My delivery arrived from Cigars International... I ordered a sweet "92+ Rated" sampler... some nice brands in the mix, for $35 (!!!). Also got my five-pack of Cafe Con Leche, with the five Moontrance cigars for wifey

Spent the past two days smoking Tabaks... Cafe Con Leche is a freaking winner... ESPECIALLY when you pair it with a nice strong coffee with caramel creamer. This evening I smoked the "Dulce" Tabak Especial... like the CCL, only bigger and minus the maduro foot/cap.
Attached Thumbnails Any smokers?-imag2690-1.jpg   Any smokers?-imag2705-1-1.jpg   Any smokers?-imag2717-1.jpg  
Old 03-25-2013, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 407 Likes on 336 Posts
MB’s
Smile

Had a break today and watched some golf with a buddy of mine...

Montecristo Edmundo...man...what a smooth medium bodied cigar...great ash, tons of smoke, and perfect draw.

Tabak Especial Cafe Con Leche...

Nice ash Jon! Some great pics! I orded me some of those! What do you think of Tiger being #1 again? I sent you a video on Facebook of Sergio Garcia hitting out of the tree I just love that shot he pulled off.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Smile

Originally Posted by Kreuzfeuer
Now that's some skill. Makes me miss my MMA days...

My delivery arrived from Cigars International... I ordered a sweet "92+ Rated" sampler... some nice brands in the mix, for $35 (!!!). Also got my five-pack of Cafe Con Leche, with the five Moontrance cigars for wifey

Spent the past two days smoking Tabaks... Cafe Con Leche is a freaking winner... ESPECIALLY when you pair it with a nice strong coffee with caramel creamer. This evening I smoked the "Dulce" Tabak Especial... like the CCL, only bigger and minus the maduro foot/cap.
I did Karate for 14 years. Had a lot of great times. Good training and met some great people. Made it as high as 2nd degree black belt. Never did MMA but did do some sport matches here and there.
Old 03-25-2013, 06:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Smile My order came in from Cigars International!!!

Thank you again Kreuzfeuer for the link! My order of Cafe Con Leche's and Padron's just came in I did not order too much as I am filled to the brim on cigars lol.
Any smokers?-padron-cafe-con-leche11.jpg
Old 03-25-2013, 09:31 PM

SRT-6
Originally Posted by C280 Sport
Thank you again Kreuzfeuer for the link! My order of Cafe Con Leche's and Padron's just came in I did not order too much as I am filled to the brim on cigars lol.
Attachment 255919
Awesome!! Glad you got 'em my friend
Old 03-27-2013, 12:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Originally Posted by Kreuzfeuer
Awesome!! Glad you got 'em my friend
Now all I need is time to enjoy them Maybe this weekend!
Old 03-30-2013, 07:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Last night...I'm so lucky to smoke these Montecristos Edmundo...sublime.

Today @ golf...Shingle Creek in Orlando...mediocre play but not the cigars...
Tabak Especial Cafe Con Leche...I've got 20 boxes so I must love them.

Trinidad Robusto Extra...extra special mojo in this cigar...

Padron 1926 40th...what a lovely Padron...always and even ash no matter how much I screw up the lighting...

2006 Ashton VSG Illusione...7yrs of aged greatness...I had 12 of these...down to 4...
Old 03-31-2013, 12:55 AM

SRT-6
Jon, you've ruined me with those Cafe Con Leches... they taste like freaking candy, now only the "best" non-infused cigars taste good to me LOL.

Tried the Alec Bradley "Family Blend" Churchill the other night. A good smoke that didn't really develop until the final third, I definitely wouldn't have given it the 90+ rating it supposedly earned. I have the same stick in a Robusto, I'll try it again in a week or so and consider the Churchill a mulligan.

Yesterday I had a Don Pepin Garcia "Cuban Classic". Excellent draw, nice even ash, superb construction, and a ton of flavor. I kept getting whiffs of a floral/herbal note coming from the cigar as it burned post-puff... a definite treat and reminded me of the Flor De Las Antillas. Will definitely revisit this one in the future...

First pic is the AB Family Blend, next two pics are the Don Pepin.
Attached Thumbnails Any smokers?-imag2740-1.jpg   Any smokers?-imag2742-1.jpg   Any smokers?-imag2749-1.jpg  
Old 03-31-2013, 10:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2017 W205 C43 AMG
This thread just rocks - best thread in MBWorld
Old 04-01-2013, 07:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Smile

Ended up enjoying a Cafe Con Leche last night. I was actually texting Bill about it as well I ended up having the family leave around 7:30ish so I ended up enjoying a smoke before bed while watching the season finale of the Walking Dead! I love that show!
Any smokers?-cafe-con-lechennn.bmp
Old 04-01-2013, 10:06 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
1998 C43 AMG
Originally Posted by SoCalCLK
That's 'cause we're cool mother-truckers!

George, looks like you've picked up a JR-habit! Those CCL's are fabulous.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:09 PM

1998 C43 AMG
Yesterday I had a Don Pepin Garcia "Cuban Classic". Excellent draw, nice even ash, superb construction, and a ton of flavor. I kept getting whiffs of a floral/herbal note coming from the cigar as it burned post-puff... a definite treat and reminded me of the Flor De Las Antillas. Will definitely revisit this one in the future...
Are those Pepins "box worthy"? Also, how are the Flor De Las Antillas?
Old 04-02-2013, 12:50 AM

SRT-6
Agreed

Originally Posted by C280 Sport
Ended up enjoying a Cafe Con Leche last night. I was actually texting Bill about it as well I ended up having the family leave around 7:30ish so I ended up enjoying a smoke before bed while watching the season finale of the Walking Dead! I love that show!
Attachment 256367
I think MB-World members buy more CCL's than other forums, LMAO... So simple but so delish!

Originally Posted by JohnnyRock
Are those Pepins "box worthy"? Also, how are the Flor De Las Antillas?
Honestly before I "green-light" the Pepin, I'll have to smoke another one. That's my personal rule, even if I'm blown away with the first one.

As for the Flor De Las Antillas, it truly is worth all the hype. I've posted a few pics of the ones I've had, it is without a doubt box worthy.

Problem is, most places are back-ordered, and they're not exactly cheap.

I loved every FDLA I had so far, each one was consistent. Excellent construction that burns evenly, effortless draw, smokes a lot like the Oliva V Melanio but seems to have a *slightly* stronger note. As mentioned, it smelled fantastic while the smoke was trailing off the foot. Even the aftertaste was good.

Not a matter of "if", but "when" I'll be getting a box.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Talking

Much much more to come my friend! Stick around.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Smile

Originally Posted by JohnnyRock
That's 'cause we're cool mother-truckers!

George, looks like you've picked up a JR-habit! Those CCL's are fabulous.
They are fantastic! I ended up buying some online but they are more then box worthy for sure.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I had to buy another humidor for my surplus of boxes...the patio man cave I had built for my golf clothes and unread comic books now holds the back up stash. I shifted most of the surplus boxes from my other humidors into this cabinet humidor...I'll shift the other surplus boxes from my office humidors into this one, too. You would think 10 humidors would be enough... PS...Yea my wife thinks I have a problem.

Before completion:

After completion:

Old 04-08-2013, 12:58 AM

SRT-6
Speechless.

If you ever have too many boxes of Padron/Cafe Con Leches on your hands, I know a guy in Murfreesboro that could use a box LOL

Seriously though, stunning collection. Well done sir.

Gave the AB Family Blend another go... same result. Not a smoke I would turn town by any stretch, but not box-worthy IMO.

Smoked an AB Tempus this evening, just to get the taste out of my mouth. MUCH better
Attached Thumbnails Any smokers?-imag2783-1.jpg  

Last edited by Kreuzfeuer; 04-08-2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:02 PM

1998 C43 AMG
Jonny, ya kill me with that collection of yours! You own better/more cigars than many retail shops I've frequented. Well done, sir!

On another note, I'm dying to try those Liga Privada Ferals, where do you guys get'em???

Last edited by JohnnyRock; 04-08-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Thumbs up

I had to buy another humidor for my surplus of boxes...the patio man cave I had built for my golf clothes and unread comic books now holds the back up stash. I shifted most of the surplus boxes from my other humidors into this cabinet humidor...I'll shift the other surplus boxes from my office humidors into this one, too. You would think 10 humidors would be enough... PS...Yea my wife thinks I have a problem.

Before completion:

After completion:

Worlds best cigar collection! You have more then the stores do Just stunning and out of this world. Like I said many times before I cannot wait to see this next time I come down. I am just mindblown. Love the pics. One hell of a collection. I think you have every Padron model ever made
Old 04-08-2013, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Cool

Enjoyed 3 cigars this weekend. Of course some red wine as well

Fuente Churchill naturo
Padron Churchill natural
Padron 3000 Maduro
Any smokers?-fuente-wine.bmpAny smokers?-padron-natural.bmpAny smokers?-padron-.bmp
Old 04-10-2013, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 W211 E350 AMG Sport PKG
IIPA and scotch drinker here. fairly new to the cigar game. i've had some tabak's as my first smoke and really liked the coffee flavor they had.

recent smoke that i've enjoyed was the sancho panza dulcinea, nice medium-full body smoke with tons of smoke and nice ash. draw's pretty tight though.

recently had a flor de oliva that my buddy had aged for 3 months and that was a solid smoke as well.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:59 PM

SRT-6
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 09W211
recent smoke that i've enjoyed was the sancho panza dulcinea, nice medium-full body smoke with tons of smoke and nice ash. draw's pretty tight though.
Speaking of Sancho Panza, I had my first one ever last night. And it won't be my last. Supposedly this thing got a 93/94 rating at one point, and I believe it. Smoked like a Padron 5000 (non-maduro) with good manners. Perfect burn, an ash like a stack of coins, and just a perfect draw. Flavor reminded me a lot of the Padron, to be honest. Not as spicy... some earthiness to it.

I have to give it my mandatory "second puff" before I deem it box-worthy for myself, but it's among the best I've had in recent months.
Attached Thumbnails Any smokers?-imag2797-2.jpg  
Old 04-10-2013, 11:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB’s
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 09W211
IIPA and scotch drinker here. fairly new to the cigar game. i've had some tabak's as my first smoke and really liked the coffee flavor they had.

recently had a flor de oliva that my buddy had aged for 3 months and that was a solid smoke as well.
Welcome aboard! I never had a Flor De Oliva before. I will have to try those. What is your favorite kind of scotch?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 1.00 average.