MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   Cigars (https://mbworld.org/forums/cigars-125/)
-   -   Self Control and Smoking Habit (https://mbworld.org/forums/cigars/384480-self-control-smoking-habit.html)

poofy azhara 01-24-2011 06:58 AM

Self Control and Smoking Habit

Did you know that every cigarette you smoke takes away six minutes off your life? You can very well imagine the number of days it must be taking off ones life over a period of time. In spite of so many facts smoking is still the leading preventable cause of death and disease around the world.

Smoking eats up almost all the parts of our body from heart to our lungs and even kidneys and liver. Smokers are highly susceptible to lung cancer and emphysema. Smoking affects the lungs over a period of time and inhibits breathing. It also greatly increases the risk of heart disease and heart attacks.

No matter what medication is attempted at, none will be fruitful unless one is determined. The Best ways to quit smoking is by developing a strong Self Control, changing ones mindset and inculcating a few new habits. Stress and diminished self control are two important factors associated with smoking. Smokers who practice Self Control prior to quitting are more likely to succeed than smokers who have a diminished Self control. Yoga or Deep Breathing exercises help you to relax in times of stressful situations. Drinking lots of fluids also helps to flush out all the toxins from the body and to focus your mind. Avoiding alcohol, sugar, fatty foods and coffee helps reducing the craving for cigarettes. A slight change in the diet can help to a great extent. Each diet can be concluded with some delicious dessert instead of cigarettes. Cigarettes can be substituted with cinnamon sticks or chewing gums. One can distract oneself by going for a walk or a jog. Doing things which give us pleasure are ways to distract oneself. Going out shopping, taking a long shower can change your mood.

Breaking a habit is not simple, but its definitely not impossible.

john203 04-17-2011 07:38 AM

Did you know that every cigarette you smoke takes away six minutes off your life? You can very well imagine the number of days it must be taking off ones life over a period of time. In spite of so many facts smoking is still the leading preventable cause of death and disease around the world.

Smoking eats up almost all the parts of our body from heart to our lungs and even kidneys and liver. Smokers are highly susceptible to lung cancer and emphysema. Smoking affects the lungs over a period of time and inhibits breathing. It also greatly increases the risk of heart disease and heart attacks.

No matter what medication is attempted at, none will be fruitful unless one is determined. The best way to quit smoking is by developing a strong Self Control, changing ones mindset and inculcating a few new habits. Stress and diminished self control are two important factors associated with smoking. Smokers who practice Self Control prior to quitting are more likely to succeed than smokers who have a diminished Self control. Yoga or Deep Breathing exercises help you to relax in times of stressful situations. Drinking lots of fluids also helps to flush out all the toxins from the body and to focus your mind. Avoiding alcohol, sugar, fatty foods and coffee helps reducing the craving for cigarettes. A slight change in the diet can help to a great extent. Each diet can be concluded with some delicious dessert instead of cigarettes. Cigarettes can be substituted with cinnamon sticks or chewing gums. One can distract oneself by going for a walk or a jog. Doing things which give us pleasure are ways to distract oneself. Going out shopping, taking a long shower can change your mood.

Breaking a habit is not simple, but its definitely not impossible.
Thanks for the insight :zoom:

ilovemaui1 12-10-2013 12:29 AM

+1

:smokin:

port haus 03-09-2016 07:40 AM

Has to be one of the worst addictions on the planet

You can retain the ability to earn function, enjoy life & retire with good health later on (hopefully) or perhaps very early against your will, poverty stricken & dependent on everyone around you for the simplest things...if you have anybody at all. It happens fast.

What you put in your body now can decide the rest of your life for you

Think about it. :nix:

CGC 06-11-2016 04:07 PM

Wow, I thought this was a forum for Cigar smokers. I used to smoke cigarettes and i'm very glad I quit. However I truly enjoy a good cigar. I take my health seriously and have lost family members to cancer. But life is short and no matter what decisions you make, your fate is not always in your own hands. I doubt a single person can declare someone else's habit stupid without hiding (to themselves mostly) a bad habit of their own. To each their own. But please leave forums to the topic that they are for, and let those that enjoy a good cigar do just that.

Tony Folder 05-23-2021 03:52 AM

As I understand you. I have been smoking for 7 years already. 4 times I tried to throw a madness. I know that I am deliberately ruining myself https://www.scribbr.com/ . But I can’t do anything about it. Perhaps I will find support and help here.