CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Fixed Rear Windows...now BAS/ESP????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-10-2005, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2002 CL500 W215
Fixed Rear Windows...now BAS/ESP????

OK rear windows would not work, I finally found which fuses governed them and replaced them, even though they looked and tested fine, disconnected the battery but the new fuses in, connected the battery and they worked perfect!!
I start the car and I get 2 malfuntion warnings, BRAKE ASSIST ASB, and ESP (Visit workshop!). I am at a complete loss on how this happened, maybe the battery disconnect reconnect? any way to reset. My warrenty ran out 2 weeks ago and have had the car start falling apart almost the day of. I am starting to think there are timers on these things!! ahaha.

Any help is greatly apreciated.

Alex G
Old 12-10-2005, 11:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
Originally Posted by alexgreggs
OK rear windows would not work, I finally found which fuses governed them and replaced them, even though they looked and tested fine, disconnected the battery but the new fuses in, connected the battery and they worked perfect!!
I start the car and I get 2 malfuntion warnings, BRAKE ASSIST ASB, and ESP (Visit workshop!). I am at a complete loss on how this happened, maybe the battery disconnect reconnect? any way to reset. My warrenty ran out 2 weeks ago and have had the car start falling apart almost the day of. I am starting to think there are timers on these things!! ahaha.

Any help is greatly apreciated.

Alex G
Hi Alex, Congrats for fixing your window problem.You're the man! As for the ESP warning message, not to worry as this occurs whenever you disconect the battery (see your Operator's Manual, pg 279, '02 CL500). The fix is: turn the steering wheel completely to the left and then to the right. (Yeah, I know, sounds crazy, but what do you want from a $100K car). The message should then go out. If I remember correctly, the other warning light went off also when I did this step after disconnecting the battery. If it doesn't, check your manual. It will be in there someplace, I just can't find it now. The book is really a PITA to decipher.
Jud

Last edited by Jud Chapin; 12-10-2005 at 11:33 PM.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:24 PM

2002 CL500 W215
Sweet! It totally worked! This forums kiks ***. Now that my windows are up I can give a much needed wash.

Alex
Old 12-12-2005, 08:37 PM

real windows malfunction

Hi Alexgreggs,

Which relay or fuse did you change to fix your real window problem? I have exact the same problem on my 2002cl last week(this must have a timmer, my warranty expired on OCT)and I call in the MB roadside assistance and they told me to unplug the battery to get the windows up, and it did, and they also teach me how to reset the EPS by turning the wheels side to side. But after few minutes the window malfunctions again. Now I am not using the real windows at all. I notcie that it also has an effect on my sunroof, it will not operate automatically, I will have to hold the button to open or close it. I check the fuses and they are intact, I am pretty sure its one of the relay under the rear seats, can you tell me which relay did you change? and are they working after few tries?
tks
IH
Old 12-12-2005, 10:30 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
06' Clk 500 Cabriolet, 01' CL 55, 00' Clk 430
Originally Posted by ihcombo
Hi Alexgreggs,

I notcie that it also has an effect on my sunroof, it will not operate automatically, I will have to hold the button to open or close it. tks
IH

When you disconnect the battery long enough, all the one-touch features like windows, sunroof...etc. will lost it memory. You would have to manually re-program these features again. It in your user's manual.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:41 AM

real window malfunction

OK great, it was easy to reset the sunroof.page 188 press the tilt button up and hold for 1 second.

But any know how to fix the real windows? its will only work 1 time after I disconnect the batter for about 1 mintues and it stop to work? is there fuse or relay that I can change?
Old 12-17-2005, 05:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 84 Likes on 62 Posts
'16 S550 Coupe, '11 Lexus LS460, '02 CL500 (SOLD)
Originally Posted by ihcombo
OK great, it was easy to reset the sunroof.page 188 press the tilt button up and hold for 1 second.

But any know how to fix the real windows? its will only work 1 time after I disconnect the batter for about 1 mintues and it stop to work? is there fuse or relay that I can change?
ihcombo, take a look here:

http://www.startekinfo.com/StarTek/

It's not free, but perhaps you'll want to check it out. I understand it's quite good and used by many independant mechanics.