CL-Class (W215) 2000-2006: CL 500, CL 600

Rear Bumper Strip remove Parking Sensor replace

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-22-2014, 09:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cl500
Rear Bumper Strip remove Parking Sensor replace

Greetings! Thanks again for all the great info. I have saved $$ thanks to all the posts.

Looked ALL over and could not find how to remove rub (centerpiece) for the rear bumper. All that's out there is front and side removal. Found one Spanish video for a "C" class...that's it.

Here's the You Tube of me fixing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcBbf...ature=youtu.be

Problem: Gal barely bumped me in line at a fast food outlet pushing in one rear parking sensor.

Solution: Pried just the center strip from the rear bumper off, repositioned the parking sensor, and snapped back the bumper strip.

Entailed: Dinner knife, duck tape and about 30 mins.

Didn't have a -plastic trim wedge so i wrapped a dinner knife with duck tape. Inserted the knife just barely into the seam where the bumper strip go into the main bumper. I gently, but firmly, pried the strip (bottom seam: up and outward, top seam: down and outward) until the clasp/snaps popped free.

Once free i could reposition the parking sensor (there are 2 guides at top and 1 at bottom of lens).

After that just put the strip back into place until i heard a snap from the clasp re-securing themselves.

Hints: Plastic tabs at bottom where no problem but i broke one of the top ones. Top ones have a metal tooth-like center notch in the car that points down that you really have to get under for full release. Bottom is just a flat lip you can easily get over (typical of what you would expect from a a plastic clasp going into a metal housing).

Also, pay attention to repositioning of parking sensor lens. The tiny housing that encircles the lens is very soft rubber. If you don't look at the outside of strip while pushing it back into place it wrinkles and looks funny.

Once again thanks to everyone! Hope this helps!!

(I don't go on the web that often so please direct questions to the forum as it will probably be a couple weeks before i get back on a computer)

Tags: Mercedes rear bumper strip remove replace parking sensor S S500 S400 CL CL500 class.