MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CL-Class (W215) (https://mbworld.org/forums/cl-class-w215-6/)
-   -   Pulsation Dampener Service (https://mbworld.org/forums/cl-class-w215/662229-pulsation-dampener-service.html)

dimnddavid 04-09-2017 09:17 PM

Pulsation Dampener Service

Is there anything to rebuild in a pulsation dampener like the valves? I've had some light bouncing in the car without any errors or warnings and I suspect its this. I purchased a new bulb to put on and I can see that there are a couple places you can put a wrench on the body, but I don't want to start pulling it apart blind. I'd like to change whatever o-rings are in it while I've got the system apart changing leaky hoses.

tusabes 04-10-2017 04:23 AM

There are four air cells in the suspension system , the ones known as "accumulators" are the ones which can cause a bouncy ride

the one called a pulsation damper doesn't affect the ride , it's to reduce vibration and noise

the front and rear accumulators (You need two) is: A220-327-01-15

Be advised there are two other nitrogen spheres in the system as well. One is mounted to the pressure relief valve (Part #A220-327-02-15) which is found in the front right side of the vehicle.

The other is a small nitrogen chamber (Called an Air Cell) that sits near the fuel pump in the driver side mid/center of the vehicle, (Part #A220-320-04-15).

renault12ts 04-10-2017 07:46 AM

As above...and yes, the valve blocks can be rebuilt with new o rings.

dimnddavid 04-10-2017 06:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by tusabes (Post 7111332)
Be advised there are two other nitrogen spheres in the system as well. One is mounted to the pressure relief valve (Part #A220-327-02-15) which is found in the front right side of the vehicle.

This is the part that I've been incorrectly calling the pulsation dampener. I have a new sphere on order but I'm wondering if the pressure relief valve itself (Part #220-320-08-58) can be rebuilt in a similar fashion as the two main valve blocks. I've seen the threads on rebuilding the main valve blocks, but not this pressure relief valve. I just don't want to take the thing apart and risk ruining it for nothing.

tusabes 04-10-2017 07:47 PM

Again , the pressure relief valve , and the sphere attached to it, are to reduce noise and vibration .if you had no problems with a humming noise or vibration you don't need to touch that valve

if you are getting a bouncy ride , it's much more likely to be the two accumulator spheres which are responsible for bouncy ride

dimnddavid 04-10-2017 08:01 PM

I've got the accumulators on order too but I've always heard that they don't reduce bounce either; just take the strain of pressure spikes on bumps. Either way I'm replacing all three, so I'm hopefully the problem will be solved.

tusabes 04-10-2017 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by dimnddavid (Post 7112147)
I've got the accumulators on order too but I've always heard that they don't reduce bounce either; just take the strain of pressure spikes on bumps. Either way I'm replacing all three, so I'm hopefully the problem will be solved.

if you are doing everything do all 4 spheres , I listed the part numbers and location above

dimnddavid 04-11-2017 07:24 AM

Good advice, thanks. I'm still curious if that pressure relief valve can be rebuilt just for future reference.