Looks like a new option for adjustable Coilovers, “PB brakes”

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 12:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 157 Likes on 136 Posts
2002 CL500 to CL55 conversion
Looks like a new option for adjustable Coilovers, “PB brakes”

It looks like we have a fourth option for ABC coil over conversion kits for our cars. Looks like the company is in Europe, but this looks to be the cheapest set of Coilovers yet, let alone adjustable ones. I like that they list the sprint rates and pillowball options. However I wonder if they have actually fitted this system to to a w215 yet to ensure fitment, etc

im leaning towards the Ceika kit personally, i just wish there was more info about the w215 Ceika kits. Ive seen at least one or two w215’s with Ceika kits but haven’t heard much else.

I’ve had the strutmasters kit for about 5/6 years now and it was the only choice back then so I was happy with it... I do really miss the lowered look of the car I was able to achieve with Abc, and now one of my strutmasters struts is leaking (not abnormal after 5 years) so this is the perfect opportunity for me to get an adjustable coil over kit.

Strutmasters only offers a one year warranty but im not sure I’d love to replace these faulty ones with new strutmasters when there are adjustable sets on the market now.

Mostly making this post to get my feet wet in documenting my decision and experiences for futures w215 coilover conversion decisions. But I’d like to hear some more discussion on the yellowracing, Ceika and now PB brakes coilover kits.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:52 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 472 Likes on 419 Posts
Mercedes
Originally Posted by ctravis595
It looks like we have a fourth option for ABC coil over conversion kits for our cars. Looks like the company is in Europe, but this looks to be the cheapest set of Coilovers yet, let alone adjustable ones. I like that they list the sprint rates and pillowball options. However I wonder if they have actually fitted this system to to a w215 yet to ensure fitment, etc

im leaning towards the Ceika kit personally, i just wish there was more info about the w215 Ceika kits. Ive seen at least one or two w215’s with Ceika kits but haven’t heard much else.

I’ve had the strutmasters kit for about 5/6 years now and it was the only choice back then so I was happy with it... I do really miss the lowered look of the car I was able to achieve with Abc, and now one of my strutmasters struts is leaking (not abnormal after 5 years) so this is the perfect opportunity for me to get an adjustable coil over kit.

Strutmasters only offers a one year warranty but im not sure I’d love to replace these faulty ones with new strutmasters when there are adjustable sets on the market now.

Mostly making this post to get my feet wet in documenting my decision and experiences for futures w215 coilover conversion decisions. But I’d like to hear some more discussion on the yellowracing, Ceika and now PB brakes coilover kits.

i don’t think we’ve had anyone document a pb brakes conversion. It would be Great if you can document it here!!

It’s great we are seeing so many options these days , I wish such options were available 10 years ago when I bought my first cl500 with Suspension issues . I also think these kits will be discontinued in a few years when the market dries up so my advice would be to keep a set in your closet if you have no problems now but think you might be doing the conversion in the future .
Old 11-10-2018, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by tusabes

i don’t think we’ve had anyone document a pb brakes conversion. It would be Great if you can document it here!!

It’s great we are seeing so many options these days , I wish such options were available 10 years ago when I bought my first cl500 with Suspension issues . I also think these kits will be discontinued in a few years when the market dries up so my advice would be to keep a set in your closet if you have no problems now but think you might be doing the conversion in the future .
great idea!!
Old 11-11-2018, 12:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I ended up ordering the yellow speed coil overs today. After shipping the prices weren’t too different and other members have had good experiences with the yellowspeed coilovers

if anyone happens to be interested in my old strut masters setup for research etc feel free to inquire, id only ask for shipping costs to be covered.
Old 11-11-2018, 03:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
I ended up ordering the yellow speed coil overs today. After shipping the prices weren’t too different and other members have had good experiences with the yellowspeed coilovers

if anyone happens to be interested in my old strut masters setup for research etc feel free to inquire, id only ask for shipping costs to be covered.
yes I would be interested
you have pm
Old 11-24-2018, 02:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

they said my yellow speed coilovers should be here next week! ill keep this thread updated to my findings
Old 11-29-2018, 10:58 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Mercedes
they said my yellow speed coilovers should be here next week! ill keep this thread updated to my findings
cool
looking forward to your comments on yellow speed vs strutmasters