MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CL-Class (W215) (https://mbworld.org/forums/cl-class-w215-6/)
-   -   Power steering dipstick (https://mbworld.org/forums/cl-class-w215/744613-power-steering-dipstick.html)

bng1959 05-14-2019 08:08 PM

Power steering dipstick

I have a 04 CL600 for and the power steering is having issues. It started as I ended a six hour drive. The steering intermittently would bind up and now it’s hard to move. I have searched on this finding information and then checked the level. I found there isn’t a dipstick on it. It looks like maybe it was broke off the cap. My level looks low and without the dipstick I’m not going to chance it seams like the right answer. Found dipstick doing a search but they are the long ones located in ABC reservoir. Did Mercedes decide not to put a power steering dipstick in the 600? Figure I would ask this as I have to call dealer to get part number. I have enjoyed this forum and the knowledge it gives. VIN WDBPJ76J24A041328

MrTracy 05-14-2019 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by bng1959 (Post 7755569)
I have a 04 CL600 for and the power steering is having issues. It started as I ended a six hour drive. The steering intermittently would bind up and now it’s hard to move. I have searched on this finding information and then checked the level. I found there isn’t a dipstick on it. It looks like maybe it was broke off the cap. My level looks low and without the dipstick I’m not going to chance it seams like the right answer. Found dipstick doing a search but they are the long ones located in ABC reservoir. Did Mercedes decide not to put a power steering dipstick in the 600? Figure I would ask this as I have to call dealer to get part number. I have enjoyed this forum and the knowledge it gives. VIN WDBPJ76J24A041328

I have a dipstick in mine... I may have an extra one if I could find it. My reservoir was cracked and I accidentally bought two.. I didn't know they were connected.. The ABC & power steering. Silly me.

bng1959 05-15-2019 07:13 AM

Thanks MrTracy for the confirmation and I’m concerned that the reservoir is cracked. Want know till I’m ready to add. If you come across the extra one let me know. This will be the first time to call for a part. Have been successful in the past with finding part numbers online and not paying dealerships price. This is a odd part to find in my eyes. I also had no idea they were connected till yesterday. I had a 04 CL55 before this and it was my favorite.

bng1959 05-15-2019 10:14 AM

Pelican Parts has the dipstick for the ABC reservoir so I asked them the question......220-320-01-59 is the reply from Wes Huetten. My first experience and it was a pleasant experience. The email from Wes had a link and it brought up the order waiting for me to purchase. I’m still waiting for dealer in Bentonville AR to get back with me. I’m in no hurry so I picked the less expensive form of delivery. Fingers are crossed.

MrTracy 05-18-2019 02:51 AM

Originally Posted by bng1959 (Post 7755840)
Thanks MrTracy for the confirmation and I’m concerned that the reservoir is cracked. Want know till I’m ready to add. If you come across the extra one let me know. This will be the first time to call for a part. Have been successful in the past with finding part numbers online and not paying dealerships price. This is a odd part to find in my eyes. I also had no idea they were connected till yesterday. I had a 04 CL55 before this and it was my favorite.

pm me