MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) (https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-cl65-amg-cl63-amg-c215-c216-50/)
-   -   Paris Show CL63 Exterior Color (https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-cl65-amg-cl63-amg-c215-c216/164749-paris-show-cl63-exterior-color.html)

tuscans 09-28-2006 04:16 PM

Paris Show CL63 Exterior Color

This Pic from the Paris Auto Show, anyone who goes there, please report back on what color the CL63 is. Is this the Titanium? When comparing to pics from the Russian Show, it appears to be different, but we know how lighting can be.

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Images/...6c4052_003.jpg

Al E 09-28-2006 04:45 PM

That car is soooooooo good looking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kev04C320 09-28-2006 04:55 PM

Wow, amazing car!

termigni 09-28-2006 04:57 PM

holy crap, i just crapped my pants :bow: :wootrock:

Nevada Jack 09-28-2006 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by tuscans (Post 1773746)
This Pic from the Paris Auto Show, anyone who goes there, please report back on what color the CL63 is. Is this the Titanium? When comparing to pics from the Russian Show, it appears to be different, but we know how lighting can be.

http://www.emercedesbenz.com/Images/...6c4052_003.jpg

I think the color is Sterling and is the Alubeam process...just a guess?

daygo718 09-29-2006 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Nevada Jack (Post 1773835)
I think the color is Sterling and is the Alubeam process...just a guess?

I just asked the color question in the other thread not realizing this thread was here. So, does anyone know for sure what this color is? It looks amazing!

cato1974 09-29-2006 11:59 PM

It definitely is the new Alu-beam finishing paint.. a new technology Mercedes has introduced so far on the B and R classes.. hopefully making its way to flagship models like the CL. apparently appears as though the paint is still wet.. fitting like a silk glove over the body.. stunning in my eyes.. as for the colour.. likely to be a titanium variant.. one German website I have seen calls it Mattgrau

55User 09-30-2006 09:24 AM

:eek: WOW!!!

rubberninja 09-30-2006 09:31 AM

Alot of people were debating the exterior styleing of this car when it was first unvailed, saying it looks to much like jap crap.... they should see this picture. Amazing.

MARK CUMMINS 09-30-2006 06:05 PM

Ask Clay...He has One in that color..Or is it TWO?

Nevada Jack 09-30-2006 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by MARK CUMMINS (Post 1776483)
Ask Clay...He has One in that color..Or is it TWO?

LOL....!

MBZFAN55 09-30-2006 08:11 PM

ALU-BEAM info circa 2005

Originally Posted by cato1974 (Post 1775789)
It definitely is the new Alu-beam finishing paint.. a new technology Mercedes has introduced so far on the B and R classes.. hopefully making its way to flagship models like the CL. apparently appears as though the paint is still wet.. fitting like a silk glove over the body.. stunning in my eyes.. as for the colour.. likely to be a titanium variant.. one German website I have seen calls it Mattgrau

From the April 2005 issue of (ready for this?) "Aluminum Now"
Spit and Polish
ALU-BEAM Paint Creates Look of Polished Aluminum

Aluma-Tub is one thing—a veritable monument to aluminum inside and out. But it may be asking too much of the major automakers to show such all-consuming preference for aluminum in their production cars.

With ALU-BEAM, DaimlerChrysler has, however, developed a product that achieves at least the look of aluminum, where body panels are manufactured from another material.

Mercedes debuted the paint on its recently unveiled Grand Sports Tourer and Compact Sports Tourer show cars. Mercedes-Benz will develop this innovative paint to series production maturity together with an unnamed paint manufacturer.

DaimlerChrysler says the innovative ALU-BEAM paint is designed to surround the cars’ bodywork “like a metallic skin,” emphasizing the lines of the Sports Tourers more strongly than other paint finishes, and enlivening them with designed-in light reflections.

The high-gloss finish and intense color achieved are the result, according to Mercedes-Benz, of a newly developed process that the company says it is the first manufacturer in the world to employ. The tiny 100 to 300-nanometer pigments that create the metallic effect in conventional paints are subject to a sophisticated process that renders them much finer (30 to 50 nanometers) and are therefore integrated into the paint surface more evenly.

This means that the light is reflected more intensively and with a glossier effect.

The company will develop the new technology for use on production vehicles.

http://www.aluminum.org/ANTemplate.c...ContentID=8241

NJ - Where did you get the paint color "sterling" ?

Nevada Jack 09-30-2006 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by MBZFAN55 (Post 1776579)
[I]

NJ - Where did you get the paint color "sterling" ?

This goes back to when the R was introduced and there was a great deal of discussion about the paint job. Somewhere in that period it was said the color was "Sterling." The name must have stuck somewhere in my brain when the CL63 was shown in a similar color with the Alu-Beam process paint.
They may have changed the blend or name for this introduction.

AsianML 09-30-2006 09:03 PM

OMG, that doesn't look real!!!!!!! Love it. Hopefully the paint will be available on the whole model range soon.

ZedStyle 09-30-2006 09:21 PM

not feeling the vents on the side of the front bumper. they look like they came off a civic bodykit.

myfirstbenz 10-07-2006 05:20 AM

That is a glorious car!:smash:

As far as this alu paint is concerned, is this possibly the same type of paint used on the BlueTech show cars? Anyone else remember the beautiful blueish metalic paint those cars had? It drove me wild.:rolleyes:

neilbo75 10-11-2006 09:20 AM

OK, everyone I just got back from the Paris Show ("Le Mondial") and saw this car!

Loyal to you guys, I asked what color it was. A cute girl in a MB poloshirt said it was not really an official MB catalog color, not yet anyway. So she could not give me any more info.

Sorry!

BTW it looks like she is right, since a CL 600 exhibited nearby did have a catalog color (Germanite Grey).

I must say that in the flesh the color and paint job is a little less sensational. It does work well in the shadows. That is good news insofar as the new CL styling makes for plenty of shadows, what with its imitation BMW Bangle creases here and there.

The AMG treatment definitely MAKES the CL in the front, where the stock model is just not agressive enough. For the first time I even like the side gills on an MB model.

Sadly, the AMG work does not help much in the back and not at all on the sides. From the sides and rear I just can't warm up to this car. It's big, busy and lacking in character. It reminds me of an overweight 209 CLK.

Sitting in the cabin, it's very comfortable and well-crafted, but there is little notion of sportiness. The big slab dashboard from the S reminds me on GM full size cars from the late 70s. And I don't like looking at a TV screen instead of a speedometer.

Oh well, it's got a lot of nice new features. You win some, you lose some.

shadowgriffen 10-11-2006 10:24 AM

that paint has a latex-ballon look to it...really different.

tuscans 10-11-2006 02:28 PM

neilbo75

Thanks for your report. The germanite grey you saw, how would you describe the color? How does it compare to iridium silver? Any pics of the Germanite grey?

Regards

neilbo75 10-11-2006 04:44 PM

Sorry I didn't have my camera. Germanite grey is a mediumish grey. It's not silver at all. I would only consider it if I was looking to be discreet.

My own view is that the new CL needs to shout a bit since it suffers from 'me too' corporate syling. Maybe a dark red or a copper tone.

BenzoBoi 10-11-2006 04:58 PM

The paint looks like it's jumping right out at you!~!

2MANYCARS 10-11-2006 11:44 PM

Just one word to describe it: DAMN!!!

phonetics 10-12-2006 12:04 AM

****..... i had it all wrong.... this car is really amazing..... i wish the stupid old man is not the picture so i can use it as wallpaper.

Chucky300 10-12-2006 12:14 AM

Originally Posted by phonetics (Post 1789833)
****..... i had it all wrong.... this car is really amazing..... i wish the stupid old man is not the picture so i can use it as wallpaper.

lol that stupid old man is CEO of Daimler Chrysler.... heh That man can stand wherever the heck he wants! lol:slap:

shadowgriffen 10-12-2006 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Chucky300 (Post 1789844)
lol that stupid old man is CEO of Daimler Chrysler.... heh That man can stand wherever the heck he wants! lol:slap:

Thats just some :duh: actor with a stupid accent, so he really should move out of the way LOL