MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) (https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-cl65-amg-cl63-amg-c215-c216-50/)
-   -   My CL65 W216 is here (https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-cl65-amg-cl63-amg-c215-c216/204537-my-cl65-w216-here.html)

dbasons55 08-07-2007 03:32 AM

thanks everyone for your replies the car drives real good way way different than my w221 S65 im really happy with it and more pics will come soon, im not happy with my dealer he said that the car would have ESPO but that was untrue information sorry that i have mentioned this in my first post....

Bilal 08-07-2007 08:26 AM

ESP Off in any of those 65 monsters would be tantamount to signing your own death warrant...:eek:

The reason the C63 has ESP Off is because the basic competency of the chassis dynamics is so good that ESP would be redundant in the hands of a good driver. I am sure the next generation of E-Class/SLK/CLK AMG variants and smaller MB's will incorporate ESP Off. However, models like the CL/S and SL which are so heavily dependent on the ESP and ABC for handling given their weight, will continue to have ESP; with a sports mode at best. The SL Black Series...remains to be seen:)

You mentioned it drives different to your S65, could you elaborate further? In any event, beautiful car and lets see it demolish some Gallardo's/M5's or E63's !

Schiznick 08-07-2007 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by Bilal (Post 2357334)
ESP Off in any of those 65 monsters would be tantamount to signing your own death warrant...:eek:

The reason the C63 has ESP Off is because the basic competency of the chassis dynamics is so good that ESP would be redundant in the hands of a good driver. I am sure the next generation of E-Class/SLK/CLK AMG variants and smaller MB's will incorporate ESP Off. However, models like the CL/S and SL which are so heavily dependent on the ESP and ABC for handling given their weight, will continue to have ESP; with a sports mode at best. The SL Black Series...remains to be seen:)

You mentioned it drives different to your S65, could you elaborate further? In any event, beautiful car and lets see it demolish some Gallardo's/M5's or E63's !

Having driven my SL65 on the track in dyno mode a bunch of times, I am not sure that I agree with you.

I would prefer the option of ESP being totally off without having ABS shut down.

As mentioned in a bunch of articles, even in the ESPO mode, it will still activate if you tap the brakes while doing something outside its norms.

You still have an electronic blanket even in ESPO mode.

SL65amg 08-07-2007 10:25 AM

Congrats!! What upgrades are you gonna do?

Are you going to do any Kleemann or Renntech upgrades? These days 800 Horsepower is probably possible with your car but you're gonna need the Kleemann LSD, upgrades exhaust, ECU/TCU, Renntech upgraded transmission, etc..

Definitely these cars need to have much wider rear tires. A nice 345/30/YR-20 would look so nice on the back of these cars. AMG should offer a limited Black series for the CL 65, with a widened/lighter body, cooled LSD, the whole works, and much wider tires with carbon brakes.

StealthAuto 08-07-2007 02:16 PM

Congrats!! I love the carbon fiber accents.

Bilal 08-07-2007 02:55 PM

Schiznick, lesser-experienced drivers on normal roads may prefer their 65 monsters to behave themselves most of the time:)

I can perhaps imagine the SL65 to be the best handler of the three with its lower weight and standard-fit LSD.:)

dbasons55 08-08-2007 11:53 AM

more pics

5 Attachment(s)
guys i did not have much time to grab more pics but i got those few real quick i will get more soon :)

lkirchner 08-08-2007 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by dbasons55 (Post 2354622)
My car just arrived this morning and it will go through PDI and hopefully i will receive it by tomorrow those are the pics wanted to share it with all of you guys :)

color Mystic white
interior Armagnac
carbon fiber exterior and interior
fully loaded with every possible option except for the frige !
with ESPO

when the car will be handed over more pics will follow :)

Very nice

MiamiAMG 08-08-2007 06:42 PM

Beautiful ride! :y

Sunny55 08-08-2007 09:05 PM

holy Sh#t! That is so hot! I love the carbon fiber!

Carbon fiber is so ill.....

Good Luck with that beautiful beast!

Germancar1 08-09-2007 01:49 AM

Stunning. Where are you located?

M

GPI 08-09-2007 12:52 PM

That is one hell of a car! the carbon fibre mirrors are unique and fit well with the car.

STEALTHBOMBER 08-09-2007 02:10 PM

the interior is crazy i havent seen that color yet great pick good luck with the car

ROCKETW19 08-09-2007 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by dbasons55 (Post 2354622)
My car just arrived this morning and it will go through PDI and hopefully i will receive it by tomorrow those are the pics wanted to share it with all of you guys :)

color Mystic white
interior Armagnac
carbon fiber exterior and interior
fully loaded with every possible option except for the frige !
with ESPO

when the car will be handed over more pics will follow :)

congratz on the best car made IMO thanks for sharing pictures with us, now i know what my future car will look like when the price drops and i can afford it.

j_belll 08-10-2007 04:14 AM

wow, that interior color is something else :bow:

nice whip, that thing's a beast! enjoy and congrats.

ItalianStallion 08-10-2007 11:33 AM

:eek: Wow..................
Honestly, I'm speechless. One of the best looking cars I've ever seen. The carbon fiber and interior are really classy, yet the carbon fiber is totally badass and it puts out a great image, good and evil, bruce wayne and batman. That car is honestly off the hook. Damn!

dbasons55 08-13-2007 07:03 AM

thanks everyone :)

there is one small problem in my car !!
the seats are suppose to be in diamond cut trim pattern but apparently they have fitted the cl63 seats instead of the cl65 :crazy: this really pissed me off, the diamond cut is standard on the cl65 i dont know are they suppose to change it for me??? or should i just live with what i have?? ... the door panels are diamond cut and the seats are not anyone have an idea what im suppose to do?

thanks all

rbtronnie5 08-13-2007 11:28 AM

the dealer will change that in the blink of an eye...you need to go over there and say something. me...i am on my way to the dealer in about 2 hours. i have to have one of these. congrats!!!!!

shadowgriffen 08-13-2007 01:09 PM

D- I was behind (LOL the whole way) a new CL amg and that thing was TEH PWNS! (it was nice :) )

congratulations on such a beautiful car! that thing sounds BEASTLY! :bow::bow::bow:

m_berman 08-13-2007 02:59 PM

Is your car part of the launch edition of the 40 that commemerates MB?

whoover 08-13-2007 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by m_berman (Post 2366263)
Is your car part of the launch edition of the 40 that commemerates MB?

Those all have alubeam paint. This one is Mystic White. This is plenty good looking.

dbasons55 08-14-2007 06:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here clear pic of my interior

i dont know what this guy was thinking when fitting my seats in germany maybe he was at some german beer festival :slap:

anyways my dealer has contacted the manufacurar and things will be changed to normal as soon as the festival is over :rolf:

Ferri 08-14-2007 08:53 AM

Seats look pretty darn good to me, although I get where you are coming from. Congratulations and enjoy in good health.

france2112 08-14-2007 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by rbtronnie5 (Post 2365913)
the dealer will change that in the blink of an eye...you need to go over there and say something. me...i am on my way to the dealer in about 2 hours. i have to have one of these. congrats!!!!!

If you get one of these I will be so Jealous!!!:) Put me down as #1 on the waiting list to buy your car in 3 years.:naughty:

rbtronnie5 08-14-2007 12:16 PM

funny the guy had me drive a cl550 and was like imagine it with this...oh yeah and this. oh yeah and yours would be much faster. i am not sure who was more excited about it...him or me?!?!? i am going with white as well....black interior though maxed out options.