MBWorld.org Forums

MBWorld.org Forums (https://mbworld.org/forums/)
-   CL55 AMG, CL65 AMG, CL63 AMG (C215, C216) (https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-cl65-amg-cl63-amg-c215-c216-50/)
-   -   RENNtech CL65 with only airbox and tune, runs 10.98 @ 127 (https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-cl65-amg-cl63-amg-c215-c216/283805-renntech-cl65-only-airbox-tune-runs-10-98-127-a.html)

SGC 02-21-2009 05:28 PM

RENNtech CL65 with only airbox and tune, runs 10.98 @ 127

All stock except RENNtech ECU and airbox. Not bad for minimal mods.

http://www.dragtimes.com/Mercedes-Be...lip-17713.html

JAYCL600 02-21-2009 05:31 PM

Ive still got you beat by a few thousandths ;) Awesome time SGC, congrats!! Welcome to "the club"

SGC 02-21-2009 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by JAYCL600 (Post 3367133)
Ive still got you beat by a few thousandths ;) Awesome time SGC, congrats!! Welcome to "the club"

Dam it. I guess I have to be satisfied that I have more mph.

Race from a roll on?:)

MarkoCL65 02-21-2009 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by SGC (Post 3367129)

No TCU upgrade? I thought Renntech provided both in their package?

JAYCL600 02-21-2009 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by SGC (Post 3367145)
Dam it. I guess I have to be satisfied that I have more mph.

Race from a roll on?:)

ive hit 127 before as well, just not on my best time reflected on DragTimes. A roll on would be pretty much a dead heat, not bad for a lil 600 motor. ;) Congrats again, I knew it was just a matter of time before you broke into the 10's:zoom:

TMC M5 02-21-2009 06:19 PM

Steve:

You don't have the RENNtech I/C upgrade? For some reason
I thought you had that too. Pretty impressive times (and previous dynos) with just airboxes and ECU tune! :bow:

Tom

SGC 02-21-2009 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by MarkoCL65 (Post 3367158)
No TCU upgrade? I thought Renntech provided both in their package?

Just acquired this CL.

No TCU upgrade at present.

ECU only. TCU next.

SGC 02-21-2009 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by TMC M5 (Post 3367194)
Steve:

You don't have the RENNtech I/C upgrade? For some reason
I thought you had that too. Pretty impressive times (and previous dynos) with just airboxes and ECU tune! :bow:

Tom

Hey Tom.

This is a different car.

Flint Grey car is gone. Didn't have the I/C upgrade on that car either.

This car is silver. No I/C upgrade. ECU and airbox only.

SGC 02-21-2009 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by JAYCL600 (Post 3367193)
ive hit 127 before as well, just not on my best time reflected on DragTimes. A roll on would be pretty much a dead heat, not bad for a lil 600 motor. ;) Congrats again, I knew it was just a matter of time before you broke into the 10's:zoom:

Thanks.

Always have been impressed with your car.

TMC M5 02-21-2009 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by SGC (Post 3367236)
Hey Tom.

This is a different car.

Flint Grey car is gone. Didn't have the I/C upgrade on that car either.

This car is silver. No I/C upgrade. ECU and airbox only.

New car??? I have to say I LOVED your FLint Grey one. You know...CL65's aren't disposable.. :p:

We demand pictures of the new one!!!

Tom

SGC 02-21-2009 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by TMC M5 (Post 3367268)
New car??? I have to say I LOVED your FLint Grey one. You know...CL65's aren't disposable.. :p:

We demand pictures of the new one!!!

Tom

I agree with you on the the color.

Before I got rid of flint grey car, had both side by side in the garage, and personally like the flint better than the silver. Miss the flint car; however, was going out of warranty and had too many miles.

M-bENZ 02-22-2009 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by SGC (Post 3367129)

dont know how fast your car is but this guy in this video need mods like your:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuEF1...eature=related

02cl55amg 02-22-2009 04:13 AM

Originally Posted by M-bENZ (Post 3367763)
dont know how fast your car is but this guy in this video need mods like your:rolleyes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuEF1...eature=related

i know both those cars here in vegas. that blown z aint no joke.
here's a vid of the same cl given it to a c6 z(they aint no joke either)
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C...-Z06_52035.htm

Thericker 02-22-2009 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by SGC (Post 3367231)
Just acquired this CL.

No TCU upgrade at present.

ECU only. TCU next.

What octane did you run?

Dayum!! So someone please explain what RENNtech is doing so much better lately?:nix:

Marko's CL65 has 100+ Oct ECU tune/Upgraded IC's/Scorpion CAI/ Cat-less Down-pipes/Remote mount reservoir in trunk/Upgraded IC Pump/

And only running 3 MPH faster 130mph @ 10.7xxx VS. RENNtech ECU/airbox 127mph @ 10.98

This is great comparo since exactly same model/platform....All that extra work/parts only nets 3mph .3 tenths:nix: Not trying to bad mouth any tuner or car here, just can't believe how close the RENNtech CL65 is in ET/MPH w/only (2) small mods vs VRP CL65 w/much more comprehensive modding..

TMC M5 02-22-2009 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Thericker (Post 3367874)
What octane did you run?

Dayum!! So someone please explain what RENNtech is doing so much better lately?:nix:

Marko's CL65 has 100+ Oct ECU tune/Upgraded IC's/Scorpion CAI/ Cat-less Down-pipes/Remote mount reservoir in trunk/Upgraded IC Pump/

And only running 3 MPH faster 130mph @ 10.7xxx VS. RENNtech ECU/airbox 127mph @ 10.98

This is great comparo since exactly same model/platform....All that extra work/parts only nets 3mph .3 tenths:nix: Not trying to bad mouth any tuner or car here, just can't believe how close the RENNtech CL65 is in ET/MPH w/only (2) small mods vs VRP CL65 w/much more comprehensive modding..

I don't want to speak on behalf of Marko/VRP, but I think Marko's car has ALOT more potential. I think his shifts are taking an eternity because the car is killing the power for each upshift to protect the tranny. I think with an upgraded tranny and torque limiters removed...it is definitely a low 10 second car. Plus the RENNtech mods actually cost a few thousand more for just the ECU and airboxes than the VRP mods on Marko's car. Take that saving and put it toward the tranny and you have a much faster car.

Tom

Dsmed 02-22-2009 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by TMC M5 (Post 3367986)
I don't want to speak on behalf of Marko/VRP, but I think Marko's car has ALOT more potential. I think his shifts are taking an eternity because the car is killing the power for each upshift to protect the tranny. I think with an upgraded tranny and torque limiters removed...it is definitely a low 10 second car. Plus the RENNtech mods actually cost a few thousand more for just the ECU and airboxes than the VRP mods on Marko's car. Take that saving and put it toward the tranny and you have a much faster car.

Tom

Tom you are correct. The more power we get out of Marko's CL the slower it shifts. We have logged the car and the TCU is interfering with timing and with throttle input. The car is not even running at WOT for a good portion of the 1/4 mile. And remember the car is still running a mail order tune. Victor is aranging for live tune, and TCU will not be an issue soon. :)

SGC 02-22-2009 11:17 AM

What octane did you run?

Had 1/2 tank of 93 and added 4 gallons of 100 at track.

Tom and Dsmed are absolutely correct, the 65 cars have much more potential. A lot of power is pulled on the shifts to preserve the trans.

moparrbust 02-22-2009 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by 02cl55amg (Post 3367838)
i know both those cars here in vegas. that blown z aint no joke.
here's a vid of the same cl given it to a c6 z(they aint no joke either)
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C...-Z06_52035.htm

Gotta love the Sunday roll ons.

V12Godspeed 02-22-2009 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by TMC M5 (Post 3367986)

Tom

+1 exactly what victor said. Once dialed in all hell will break loose. LOL!~

vrus 02-22-2009 01:06 PM

SGC, Congrats!! Awesome time for a tune and airbox! :y

------------------------------------------------

You have to keep in mind that Marko's car is severely limited right now. He is running a base tune that is nowhere near dialed in.

ECU takes throttle away and backs off timing before each shift. Car shifts 3 times during 1/4mile, and it takes 3secs for the car to go back to full throttle each time this happens. That means, out of 10.70sec, the car is not at full throttle for basically 9sec.

VRP TCU is going into Marko's car to remedy that. :)

Originally Posted by TheRicker
What octane did you run?

Dayum!! So someone please explain what RENNtech is doing so much better lately?

This is great comparo since exactly same model/platform....All that extra work/parts only nets 3mph .3 tenths Not trying to bad mouth any tuner or car here, just can't believe how close the RENNtech CL65 is in ET/MPH w/only (2) small mods vs VRP CL65 w/much more comprehensive modding..

MarkoCL65 02-22-2009 02:25 PM

What octane did you run?

This type of comparison may not accurately reflect true power output. We have experienced a tremendous amount of power reduction during our shifts once we reached this power level. Click on this link and pay close attention to the shifts. Especially the 3-4 shift as the car is going through the traps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUnE500utg8

The car is engaging in a shift procedure for almost 300 feet while going through the traps. And this was the best pass of the day.This power reduction is also the reason the car ran quicker with warmer water in the tank versus ice. The same reason we didn't run any quicker at MIR with a -2000 DA than we did at +700 at Byron Il. It actually made it's best run at MIR with the engine hotter than any other pass and the intercooler water warmer than any other pass. The VRP TCU will eliminate these limiters and the power output and performance numbers will align properly. Without addressing the torque management issue we can add another 100+ RWHP and probably only gain a tenth or two.

TMC M5 02-22-2009 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by MarkoCL65 (Post 3368313)
This type of comparison may not accurately reflect true power output. We have experienced a tremendous amount of power reduction during our shifts once we reached this power level. Click on this link and pay close attention to the shifts. Especially the 3-4 shift as the car is going through the traps.

The car is engaging in a shift procedure for almost 300 feet while going through the traps. And this was the best pass of the day.This power reduction is also the reason the car ran quicker with warmer water in the tank versus ice. The same reason we didn't run any quicker at MIR with a -2000 DA than we did at +700 at Byron Il. It actually made it's best run at MIR with the engine hotter than any other pass and the intercooler water warmer than any other pass. The VRP TCU will eliminate these limiters and the power output and performance numbers will align properly. Without addressing the torque management issue we can add another 100+ RWHP and probably only gain a tenth or two.

Marko:

I am sure you guys will be able to get as much of the "full power" throughout most of the 1/4 mile...which will result in times flirting with the 9's. :y

Are you coming out to MIR next week?

Tom

MarkoCL65 02-22-2009 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by TMC M5 (Post 3368321)
Marko:

I am sure you guys will be able to get as much of the "full power" throughout most of the 1/4 mile...which will result in times flirting with the 9's. :y

Are you coming out to MIR next week?

Tom

Thanks Tom! I don't think I will be able to make it to MIR next week.

SleepersOwn 02-22-2009 07:02 PM

This and markos' car MOVES ! ! !

Would be nice to have a SERIOUS luxury coupe that runs 10's lol. Especially when you're beating slr mclarens and murci lp640's. Great work to both guys ! ! !

Thericker 02-22-2009 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by MarkoCL65 (Post 3368313)

Ahhh... Understood fellas:y I didn't realize how much your VRP CL65 is holding back w/shifts etc...Didn't mean to stir the pot, I was just shocked @ RENNtech results & shouldn't have compared the (2) they're not apples to apples @ this point..